The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #4241
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
So I don't exactly know what that makes. I know there's also available times to be considered. But there seems to be a consensus that Legate is next.

Wow, this is kinda complicated, hahaha.
Right you are.

I can't talk on behalf of Legate but with me you can rest assured I'm ready to make a deal with anyone who has not modded a game or with those (well, you Wilwa) who has only modded a game a long time ago.

I'm in no hurry but would like to host a game in some nearish future (those limitations I talked about in my last post being rather sticky) meaning something like between now and the next Christmas... or anything.

Modding is fun.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #4242
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hmm, all right, now I would perhaps like to ask one question here... The thing is, it is possible that I may be really very busy by the time when I should mod my game, and so I am sort of becoming less and less sure of whether it's a good idea for me to mod right now.

My question would be, if there is anybody (wilwa? Nogrod? Brinn? Mnemo? Anybody?) who would be willing to mod now, instead of me. Would there be any volunteers?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #4243
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
If there are no objections I would like to. From July to mid August I'll be too busy with my summer course, so this would be perfect timing for me.

But anyone who asked before me is free to go first.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #4244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm good with Wilwa modding the next one (even if I have to skip that game myself due to end-of-semester madness).

During the summer I know some people are very hard to catch and others will have all the time in their hands. But we might discuss that Legate - which one of us goes for the next after that or do we pass our turn to someone who has not modded... like Mnemo.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #4245
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm all ready to go, so if there are no objections I can have my admin thread up, for WW LXI: Grimm Tales (a little teaser ), either later tonight or Saturday morning. Is that good with everyone? The actual game I'm hoping to have started late next week or early into the week after.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #4246
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Wilwa, I think you may go on as no one has protested to your modding and my game's officially over.

(PS. I'm sad I can't play because of silly Uni entrance exams but I will probably be following the game at least a little!)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #4247
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I'm all ready to go, so if there are no objections I can have my admin thread up, for WW LXI: Grimm Tales (a little teaser ), either later tonight or Saturday morning. Is that good with everyone? The actual game I'm hoping to have started late next week or early into the week after.
For sure - I officially delegate my post to you, and I think whoever might have wanted to object would have already done so.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-15-2009, 08:16 AM   #4248
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Alright, Admin Thread now up.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #4249
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Now that Wilwa's fantastic game is over, who's next?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #4250
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Whoever is next, sign me up!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #4251
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

It's been a while since I've witnessed a good Rikae-lynching - who wants to narrate?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #4252
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wilwa's list updated :

In order of when they asked :

Legate
Nogrod
Brinniel
Gwath
Mnemo
Lari
Eonwe

Those who never have (again, correct me if I'm wrong): Mnemo, Gwath, Lari, Eonwe
The rest who have modded (in order from longest time ago to most recent, and # of times modded)
Legate (03/08, twice)
Nogrod (05/08, thrice)
Brinniel (06/08, once)
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #4253
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
It's been a while since I've witnessed a good Rikae-lynching - who wants to narrate?
Hehe I concur.

Oooo, thanks for the list, Mith dear!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #4254
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Yes, well, you know what - you can put me on standby right now, or better said, just remove me from the list for now. Because if I wasn't able to mod now, I won't certainly be able to mod in the near future, and in a bit further future, well, that remains a question: but probably no sooner than sometime in the autumn, so plenty time...
Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #4255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If any of Gwath, Mnemo, Lari or Eonwe (or Brinniel to that matter) would like to give it a go, you should go forwards with it. I have no hurry to host a game even if I do want to do it one time or another.

If no one of you comes forwards within - let's say a week or something - I'll take the next one (I have some preliminary plans for it but they need to be thought out in detail still). But before that feel free to take the next modding!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #4256
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I want the game to start rather sooner than later because I can't be aroun in July... *jumps around impatiently*
Old 06-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #4257
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I vote that Lari isn't the next mod, because Nienna and I might not have internet for a while.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #4258
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If any of Gwath, Mnemo, Lari or Eonwe (or Brinniel to that matter) would like to give it a go, you should go forwards with it.
I have a busy summer, so I should probably wait until October.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #4259
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Also one should remember that oftentimes the June-July -period has been quite bad for Wererwolfing as people tend to be on vacations and all.

So it wouldn't be a surprise the next game would be played on August.

And talking of August, I definitively can't host a game on August as my choir has a production then; the beginning of August will be just rehearsals for me and the end of the month will be the show-time (we have like ten shows of it or something like that).

But we might try to squeeze in a game now if there were enough participants and a host to take it.

So the question also becomes, are there enough people to play starting the next week or something?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #4260
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Let's try! I'll be in.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #4261
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But we might try to squeeze in a game now if there were enough participants and a host to take it.

So the question also becomes, are there enough people to play starting the next week or something?
I'd be up for it.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #4262
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I probably shouldn't with all the reading I need to finish this summer, but I can do another game, and what's better than using WW as a break.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #4263
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

I'd be up for playing in a game, probably will be my last chance to play until August, since July will be very busy for me.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #4264
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm willing to play a game.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #4265
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I would like to mod...but I would also like Fea and Nienna to play as well as I have no idea what my co-mod Mira's schedule is.

Also I'm not sure what my work schedule is for the next week yet as I might be working odd times and I would need to pick a deadline.

If there is someone who would take the next game I would be very willing and grateful to do so!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #4266
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh how ironic it is that the one time I cannot join a WW game I end up cooped up in my apartment with all the time in the world (and feeling quite bored), and then as soon as the game ends I have a job and a life again. Though at least a job isn't as stressful as worrying about school..

I kind of wanted to wait and mod the game after next mainly because it's been three weeks since I actually played and I'm feeling a bit out of sync. But then again it seems a lot of players are willing to join now and won't be able to in July (when my game would probably start). And I'd much rather have a big game than small. So maybe it'd be better to do it now than later since I won't be able to in August and it'd be easier for me to do a game in the summer as opposed to the fall when I'll have schoolwork to worry about.

Hmm...if no one else is anxious to mod, I suppose I can do it. I have an idea in mind, but I'd still need at least the weekend to prepare since I wasn't expecting to mod so soon.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #4267
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*bounces around and waits for further instructions*
Old 06-04-2009, 03:48 AM   #4268
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
I'd be interested in this too, if newbies are allowed.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #4269
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Fresh blood is always welcome, Annunfuiniel.

I'm certainly ready for a game and don't want to wait 'til August.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #4270
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
These next few weeks are exactly when I won't be able to mod or play, but after that I may be able to (then again I'd like to mod quite a large game, so its probably better if I wait a bit).
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #4271
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just go ahead with it Brinn!

And welcome Annunfuiniel, nice to meet you!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #4272
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hooray, a Brinniel game!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #4273
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Thought I'd jumped in too late to call the modslot. ^_^

I'm in my two-month period where I think I could mod. Not entirely sure about playing yet, though.

We just finished a chaos game, didn't we? Mine would be fairly orderly...

Anyway, if it's settled that it's Brinn then it's she. Otherwise I'd like to jump in.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #4274
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post

We just finished a chaos game, didn't we?
hehe, indeed.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #4275
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Just go ahead with it Brinn!
Okay, will do.

I have the weekend off, which should give me some time to prepare. I'm hoping to have an admin thread up by Sunday night, if not earlier. I thought up this game months ago, so I'm looking forward to actually trying it out. It's a bit experimental, but it shouldn't be too chaotic; no made-up roles at least. You'll see.

Oh, and I hope none of you have anything against piracy...
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #4276
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Oh, and I hope none of you have anything against piracy... ~Brinn
Are we talking piracy as in peg legs and eyepatches, or the downloading of illegal material piracy?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #4277
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Are we talking piracy as in peg legs and eyepatches, or the downloading of illegal material piracy?
Yes.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #4278
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Prolly both...

Any player nerd enough can illegally download a new personality to replace the lynched / killled one - or can just force the adversaries to walk the plank if s/he has enough charisma.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #4279
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mac just yelled from the basement that he was "definitely going to" play in the next game. At least, that's what I thought he said, and if I'm wrong... meh, too bad, he's stuck with it now!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #4280
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Fresh blood is always welcome, Annunfuiniel.
Why thanks Eomer....or wait..... on second thought, you make that sound a bit eerie.

Nice to meet you too, Nogrod!

So, I need to do some more reading to get a better picture on how these games work. But looks mighty interesting! And piracy?? Arrrrr, ahoy and yo ho ho!! Sounds great!

~Annu