The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #41
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Transparently a berth in the bilges...
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #42
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The first day of voting is over. The Remade citizens of Arda sit back and note with amusement the following final distribution of the votes:

Sauron: I
Glorfindel: I
Anárion: I
Fuinur: I

Durin III: IIIII

Ar-Pharazôn: IIIII I

With six votes out of a total of fifteen cast, Ar-Pharazôn narrowly heads off Durin III for the first dismissal. It would appear that the voters of Arda Envinyanta haven't forgotten the man who did more than Melkor to destroy the world as we know it.

Tribe of the Noldor:
Ereinion Gil-galad,
Elrond Peredhil
Galadriel
Celebrimbor
Glorfindel

Tribe of the Sindar:
Celeborn
Círdan
Orophir
Amdír
Celebrían

Tribe of the Númenoreans:
Elros Tar-Minyatur
Tar-Aldarion
Erendis
Tar-Míriel

Tribe of the Elendili:
Amandil
Elendil
Isildur
Anárion
Ohtar

Tribe of the Other Speakers:
Durin III
Narvi
Fangorn (Treebeard)
Fimbrethil
Thorondor

Tribe of the Baddies:
Sauron
The Witch-king
Khamûl
Herumor
Fuinur

Those Voted Off:
Ar-Pharazôn the Golden

Day 2 is up! Vote to your little hearts' contents.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #43
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Ahhh...the sweet smell of our first victory!!

Announcer: Welcome back to the Second Age Survivor brought to you by Swallow Hard, your cure for all gall bladder complains. Remember, when you have excess gall, use Swallow Hard. And we’re back to the action. I’m joined here in the booth by Bob. Bob, what is your take on the action?

Color Commentator: Well Cliff, the main development has been the reformation of the Saucie/Kuru Alliance of DOOM! This limping juggernaut may or may not have a discernable impact on the course of the game. They are currently offering a spot to the Elector Lalaith. This would simply involve the three of them combining votes until such time as they all ran out of mutually agreeable targets for eviction. At that point they will undoubtedly turn on each other. However, by that point they will probably have burned through about five or six candidates that they don’t like. (did you get all that Lalaith? ) Kuruharan is currently hoping that Holbytlass will put in an appearance because he has a deal to propose.

Oh yes, and there may have been a successful eviction or some rot like that, I can't be bothered with following the details when I'm analyzing the game.

Meanwhile, whether or not the Alliance of DOOM has a discernable impact on the voting, they are already succeeding in annoying Anguirel and the phantom. This has been great for the ratings.

Announcer: And why is that Bob?

Color Commentator: (Where is my Martini James Bond?!! Somebody is going to be fired for this!!!)…ahem, sorry. The viewers find the spectacle of the phantom losing it to be irresistible. When he starts cracking up (and we are seeing signs of this) he has a tendency to sometimes become hysterical, which is hysterical. The viewers love hilarity. He also is one of the top targets on H.A.G.’s hit list because he is a male chauvinist. Anything that annoys him is good in their eyes. (They also resent the fact that he won’t try to seduce them…but I won’t say anything about that because we’ll be sued again.) F.A.T. and R.E.A.L. F.A.T. also (oddly enough) can agree on the fact that they don’t like him because he is better looking and more successful with the ladies than they are.

Announcer: (That git!)

Color Commentator: They are just green with envy. Uhh…Cliff, you don’t look so good…turning an interesting shade of teal…

Announcer: Nonsense! The phantom is more than welcome to see our show and watch our commercials.

Sideline Reporter: THE PHANTOM?!! Did you say the phantom?!! He’s watching now?!! And I’m without my leather!!!

Announcer: No fair, I’ve never seen you in your lea…

SSSHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

Director: We interrupt this program to give a stern talking to in the general direction of the broadcast team about proper behavior, and to get the stiff drinks out of the booth. We will take advantage of this opportunity to show a few more hours of commercials.

BAWH-HAWH-HAWH-HAWH!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #44
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++TAR-ALDARION

The most boring character ever. Oh, look at me! I'm in a mutually unsatisfactory relationship! But do I try to add any drama to my story?

Answer's no. A total waste of space. I've decided that both he and Erendis must go. As long as this is brought about, I shall be happy.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #45
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, I'm spotted.
I quite like Eomer's reasoning vis a vis Tar-A - are you up for this, team?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #46
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Yeah, I pretty much am. We'll have to see what Saucepan Man says.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #47
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
++TAR-ALDARION

yeah i would have to do that too...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #48
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Ooo!!! Bandwaggoning!! Yay!!

++TAR-ALDARION
Old 02-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #49
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Yay! Second Age!

Yeah, Tar Aldarion belgongs on a soap oprea.

++Tar-Aldarion
________
A1

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #50
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

How marvellous. The Alliance of Doom has already scored one victory.

Glad to have you aboard, Lal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
How absurd. If this game isn't about the characters, then I hardly think it qualifies as being Middle Earth related, and therefore the thread should be deleted by The Barrow-Wight.
You speak as if we were the only ones here. Every Reality Show has it's fair share of uninformed and/or dispassionate voters who frustrate the true fans by consistently voting off the contestants that they like. The Alliance of Doom is merely reproducing that effect for this show, thus providing it with the necessary degree of reality.

I am, in any event, fairly dispassionate about the Second Age, so it's a natural role for me to fulfil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Yeah, I pretty much am. We'll have to see what Saucepan Man says.
I am reserving judgment at the moment.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:53 PM   #51
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Noooo!

Alright people, first you kick off Ar-Pharazon, who I would've liked to see stay, and now you gang up on Aldarion. Soon Numenor will be kingless at the pace you people are voting for them.

Why don't you vote for the other estranged couples, like the ents and the entwives? They've done far less for Middle-Earth than what Tar-Aldarion did.

++Fangorn

Last edited by Alcarillo; 02-28-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:55 PM   #52
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Fimbrethil and Fangorn were originally brought onto the program to increase the romance factor. Unfortunately, Entish romance has turned out rather dull owing to the extreme non-hastiness of the society as a whole. Fimbrethil is a bit more hasty than Fangorn, given her long years of wandering. Besides, she has important skill as a gardener for the farming challenges. Fangorn just lets the weeds spring up where they please. And so:

++FANGORN
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #53
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I think Aldarion is a fine example of one we should keep on the island. He is more than just part of a hurting romance, he is allso involved in an intense romance with the only lover who cannot be denied, the sea. Anyone who does not have this cannot know what it is like. I have only tasted a small part and believe me that his continued survival will make for excellent ratings because of his affair with the ocean. Therefore, I will vote for the otehr alternative.
++Fangorn
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Hmm... the choice is between a Numenorian and an Other Speaker.

I wouldn't mind seeing either of them go. Better yet, both at once! The Numenorians looked decent at the start, but much of the appeal was Ar-Phar, who is now gone, so the Numenorians are pretty useless now. And the Other Speaker tribe- well, they were unattractive to begin with. I'd vote for all of them if I could.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #55
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Wait! I have another option!

Vote Thorondor. Yes, Eagles are wonderful, but this one's really outstayed his welcome by participating. He isn't mentioned once in the stories of the Second Age, as far as I recall...

++THORONDOR
Old 03-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #56
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Vote Thorondor. Yes, Eagles are wonderful, but this one's really outstayed his welcome by participating. He isn't mentioned once in the stories of the Second Age, as far as I recall...
Captain's Prerogative...

There's plenty of mention of the "Eagles of Manwë" come about the time of the Akallabêth. In rounding out my "Other Speakers" group, I elected to assume that Thorondor is, in fact, a sentient being on par with any other here, and that he was, in fact, among the Eagles who "bombed" Númenor after Ar-Pharazôn's departure for Valinor.

That said, I don't care one way or another if he stays or goes. He was a lovely character in the First Age, but in this he's filler.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #57
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up There you have it.

A filler. Die:

++Thorondor

Anguirel, I would like to offer you a deal. I (and perhaps my sister Lhuna) will help you get Fuinur tomorrow, in exchange for not voting for certain characters until the merge. Will you accept?

(I like the politics of this game. We need stuff like this in WW!)
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:28 AM   #58
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Hmmm. Send a confidential messenger to my camp and we shall discuss this...proposal...
Old 03-01-2006, 03:39 AM   #59
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
You know, the more I think about it, the more I dislike Tar-Aldarion.
Commitment-phobe. *shudder*

So, for now,
++TAR-ALDARION.

If the Alliance has strong objections to this vote, I will of course honour my pledges and change it.

Last edited by Lalaith; 03-01-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:39 AM   #60
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

++THORONDOR THE FILLER

A soap opera is bad, but a blank TV commercial is worse.

We can't let that alliance of ultra-doom (mark the lowercase letters) have all the fun. What say you, Anguirel?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #61
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

+ + Thorondor The Silent. Did he have larengytis
all through the Second Age?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #62
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
ok, in order to save Aldarion
--Fangorn ++Thorondor
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #63
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Ah well, even though I prefer the maritally mistreated Tar-Aldarion to the self-indulgent Erendis, I am always willing to stick up for those steady chaps who are more easily overlooked.

I will therefore vote with the newest member of our Alliance (although I suspect that we may disgaree over Erendis ).

+ + TAR-ALDARION
Old 03-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #64
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Lhuna, I, like the great ship-king Tar-Aldarion, am not inclined to commit myself. But while our loose pact is mutually convenient, I hope it will be of profit to us and irritation to our foes. Though it looks like it's not getting off to a glorious start.

Thorondor's had his time. His participation is undignified. He really needs to retire and stop cramping the style of people who actually get mentioned in the Second Age...
Old 03-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #65
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

What? Were you kids treated cruelly by your grandparents or something? Fangorn is easily the most loveable character on this show.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #66
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Hmmm. Send a confidential messenger to my camp and we shall discuss this...proposal...
GASP!! Cheating!! This breaks the standards of openness set by the Alliance! We've conducted our business out in the open in front of everybody!

We must ponder whether to stoop to your level!!

++ Tar-Aldarion
Old 03-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #67
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oi, you, Eomer, vote for Thorondor or I'll vote for Fangorn.

And my Lhunatic and Nilpaurionesque chums may well stand with me.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #68
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Don't worry Saucie. While I have rather more sympathy for Mrs Tar-A than her roving spouse (because he was an absentee father as well as a bad husband) she's still a flawed character and I'm not going to fight for her. I just wanted him to go first.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #69
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm hoping for a double lynching.

+ + Thorondor

Anguirel, if you and your chums abandon your votes for Thorondor and put them on Fangorn, I will do the same, because I don't really care which of them goes.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #70
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye A message for the Alliance of Doom...

If you will help me defend two characters of my choosing I will do all I can to defend two characters of your choosing.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #71
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Thorondor

This bird has out lived his usefullness and should be dismissed without further delay
Old 03-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #72
Formendacil
Dead Serious

The Second day of voting is over. The Remade citizens of Arda sit back and note with amusement the following final distribution of the votes:

Fangorn: II

Thorondor: IIIII II
Tar-Aldarion: IIIII II

Once again, a King of the Númenoreans received an eviction notice from the game. It seems that the good voters of Arda Envinyanta were highly Catholic in their thinking, and looked down in disapproval on Arda's foremost example of marital strife.

However, Tar-Aldarion was not alone in his eviction, but was accompanied from the game by Thorondor. The voters did not feel, it seemed, that he had a real right to be present.

Tribe of the Noldor:
Ereinion Gil-galad,
Elrond Peredhil
Galadriel
Celebrimbor
Glorfindel

Tribe of the Sindar:
Celeborn
Círdan
Orophir
Amdír
Celebrían

Tribe of the Númenoreans:
Elros Tar-Minyatur
Erendis
Tar-Míriel

Tribe of the Elendili:
Amandil
Elendil
Isildur
Anárion
Ohtar

Tribe of the Other Speakers:
Durin III
Narvi
Fangorn (Treebeard)
Fimbrethil

Tribe of the Baddies:
Sauron
The Witch-king
Khamûl
Herumor
Fuinur

Those Voted Off:
Ar-Pharazôn the Golden

Day 3 begins now! Vote away as you please.

Last edited by Formendacil; 03-01-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Morm's vote.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #73
Formendacil
Dead Serious

NOTICE: Morm's under-the-wire vote will be counted.

Edit to the last post coming up.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:52 PM   #74
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
If you will help me defend two characters of my choosing I will do all I can to defend two characters of your choosing.
Thank you for calling the Alliance of DOOM.

Your attention is important to us. Please hold for the next available operator.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #75
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Zzzz++DURINzzzIIIzzz

(Note from Anguirel's automated robovoter-the sender of this vote is sleeping. This is a neoautovote 2000.)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #76
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

++Durin III, aka The Dull

In this case, three is not better than one.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #77
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
sure why not

++Durin III
Old 03-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #78
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
++Durin III

He really is annoying. Like I said earlier as well, I'd rather not see anothe Dwarf.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #79
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
++DURIN THE DANK (Durin III)

How smart was it to take a Ring of Power from an Elf? He was greedy, and his kin in The Hobbit Survivor paid the price, and now its time for him to suffer the consequenses with his bretheren.
________
Rolling A Joint

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #80
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien

++Durin three

He doesn't have the appeal (or the delete-member capability) of Orogarn Two.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote