The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #3321
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.

And now the Phantom and Alien Noir

ENJOY!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though...

Special thanks to Squatter for writing the mini headlines this week! I always like it when people do work for me. I am very lazy.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #3322
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.

ENJOY!

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien, you can look back though...

Extra special thanks to Squatter once again for writing the mini headlines this week! I always like it when people do work for me. I am still very lazy.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #3323
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nogrod's Press-release

Next I'm going to become a teacher and force my message into the innocent little kids' minds.

Just wait and see your children learning my way! There's no stopping me while I tour with the band on weekends and the stupendously long summer-vacations.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #3324
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Morsul!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #3325
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

Extra special thanks to Squatter once again for writing the mini headlines this week! I always like it when people do work for me. I am still very lazy.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3326
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pointless conversation attempted over this thread. Everyone wins post count.

(I love that headline!!! )
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #3327
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Let me tell you about my new best friend...
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #3328
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #3329
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Maybe Gimli shouldn't have left the Lonely Mountain.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #3330
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #3331
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This P&A is simply too amusing. Nuff said.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #3332
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ahaha awesome! And so true.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #3333
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Sorry for missing last week! I was busy having a horribly traumatic driving experience that left me very drained and ill for several days. Hopefully this week will make up for it. Well, it won't, but still. Here it is.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #3334
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

The answer is yes. (And I very much approve of the question.)

Blowing things up seems to run in the family.

I hope you feel better, Hook. We can set traumatic driving experiences on fire, then stomp on the ashes, then drown them, then hang, draw, and quarter whatever's left, and then ask Lommy to blow the whole thing up for us. Afterwards, we'll feed the remaints to the Watcher. That should do it.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #3335
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

You may have heard the news, perhaps the rumors of a Phantom and Alien animation. Well. They are true. So true, in fact, that I'm going to post a link to said animation below. Enjoy these final moments of sanity. They will be your last.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #3336
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Here's the video!

It is the final culmination of many months of animating and composing and voice recording. A Barrow Downs cooperative project. Feast your ears on this...

Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3337
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
not gonna lie that picture is TERRIFYING!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #3338
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I love the beginning. I love the ending. I DAMN LOVE THIS VIDEO.

(But the ending especially is legendary!)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #3339
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Peter Hampton sure is a ray of sunshine, isn't he? And what's this about a part two? In how many years should we expect this?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #3340
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Well, that was fun, wasn't it?
The Downer is always open to submitted stories, you know? I'm not saying you have to write for us, but if you did then you might win a special prize! This may or may not be a complete lie.

It is a complete lie.

It's not.

Actually it is.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3341
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Well, that was fun, wasn't it?
Feel free to tell me if it wasn't. Your views will be taken into consideration when you are brought to trial and sentenced to death for a thousand years.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #3342
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

ENJOY!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 04-15-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #3343
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Darkest hour indeed. How dare that king outlaw tea! That is outrageous! He'll be sorry for that when he meets this great elf warrior. He'll be sorry!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #3344
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #3345
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

All the news of the fare! And also the fair. And the mare. And the pare. I'll stop this now, shall I?

Special thanks to regular reader, Galadriel55 for submitting a story this week (and next week). All the thanks in the world, in fact. Which, turns out, is just three. You get three thanks. Well done.

Now we return to the dark and dingy world of the Phantom and Alien Noir! I know it's dark, I know it's scary. But as the plot thickens, so does the pudding. And everyone likes pudding.

But, um, having some trouble with the P&A episode at the moment. And I'm far too tired to fix it properly.
Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow. I know you're all just on the edge of your seats to see what happens!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #3346
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

ENJOY!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #3347
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

All this news must be good for you. So eat it all up!

ENJOY!

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 05-25-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #3348
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Don't worry Glirdan, I would never paint anything orange.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #3349
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This is not the first time I am in the hospital after submitting an article. Maybe I should take the hint and stop writing entirely normal and truthful things.

By the way, I love the author of the criminal guide. Thumbs up!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #3350
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

The news is on your face. Now.

ENJOY!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #3351
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I never! I was never involved with such a spectacle!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #3352
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Laughing at Phantom & Alien.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #3353
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Good to see that you left out invisible horse meat scandal that my company most definitely had nothing to do with... and which never happened... yeah.

Incredible how efficient a few well placed Orlando Bloom poster can be.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #3354
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

The news is on your face. Now.

ENJOY!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #3355
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I love the news.

Well, that's no news.

Still.

(geez, every time I make a post the smileys are arranged in a different order! This is so irksome!)
Old 05-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #3356
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Newer than new shoes, it's the latest news!!

ENJOY!

All the fun of the fair with a fair amount of fun.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #3357
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Dance around the News Pole!

ENJOY!

All the fun of the fair with a fair amount of fun.
Now that the Downs' is back to full working order, I'm going to take this opportunity to ask for any article submissions for no reason. ; )
Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #3358
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Maybe for the first time of it's history The Downer has a story that is true!

My lazyness-beard did get cut only three days before the article - whether it happened the way the article described will remain a mystery for ever after though.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #3359
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Of course I'm innocent. I haven't seen an installation of modern art since I saw Shelob at the Tate some years ago.

I'm sure that hallucinations are the only sane response to modern art. That, and reading the Downer. Well, no, maybe that's not sane.

So it's blackbirds and mushrooms in berry pie? You'd better not get me to cook at the next moot.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3360
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

News and the world Newses with news!

ENJOY!

"Yarr! This be a pirate paper." So said Sir Carrot McNotapirate when he first read our little newspaper. But what would he know, eh?