The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #321
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
It is funny that even though my approach is that deathdays are more important, I am always more nervouse that non notices my birthday. I even forgot my own deathday earlier this month.
Well, most probably that is because your birthday always shows at the main page but your deathday doesn't... Anyway, belated congrats to you, Rune!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #322
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh, I think I forgot my 5th Deathday... According to this forum, it was the 14th, though according to the old forum it was the 15th, so by the latter standard, just on the other side of this country I am technically not belatedly remembering. Hm.

But apparently I absolutely failed to annoy CaptainofDespair this year and announce his 3rd Deathday back in June. Anyway, you can blame me completely for his presence, how little it may be at many times.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #323
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Hmmm... I seem to have missed my fifth deathday by a month. I was under the impression that I died in October, but what the heck. Anyway, happy fifth to me!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #324
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I cannot believe it, but today is my Deathday. At my timezone, there is almost midnight, so the day is almost gone... but it must have been sometime in the last ten or so hours when it was precisely one year. It feels... strange. Not that it would seem too long, or too short for me to be around here... it's just... I don't know, somewhat magic. One year at the Downs. Something unspeakable. A year ago, I had no idea that I'm going to be here still at this time, I had no idea what all can be found in this place... not an idea who are the people around... A blank page waiting to be filled. And what am I going to say the next year? Am I going to be here also? I hope I will... the Downs, and also you Downers, have become important to me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #325
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eye

Happy Deathday Legate. May Deadly Returns*!

*That is, returns of terrible gifts to their respective stores. I mean, what are you going to do with a million inch TV set that is also a full en suite bathroom, BBQ and mini bar anyway?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 AM   #326
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Belated deathday congrats, Legate! May there be many, many more years in the 'Downs for you to come...
Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 AM   #327
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thank you both very much And Hookbill, don't worry, I'm going to return this to you one day...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 AM   #328
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Belated happy deathday, Legate! And you will still be here next year, greeting yourself a happy second deathday if someone does not beat you to it. If the Downs and its members have become a significant part of your life, you won't just disappear like a bubble no matter how busy life gets. Besides - but maybe it's just me - the succeeding deathdays come around sooner than the first one does.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #329
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
It's my sixth deathday today!! It really doesn't feel like it's been that long. Time flies when you're having fun...so here's to many more great years to come!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
That almost rhymes Zali! Happy deathday indeed, and let us hope we see you around for a long time yet.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 AM   #331
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Six years... wow. Makes me feel like a newbie. Happy deathday, Zali!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #332
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I just realized today is my Deathday!!!!! It's been 2 years.....Holy cow

Cheers to me!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #333
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Happy deathday Valier! I can't believe it's only been two years, feels like you've been around for so much longer!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #334
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Happy deathday dear Valier

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 AM   #335
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, really? Then happy Deathday, Valier! We are definitely glad to have you dead!
Old 12-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #336
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Happy deathday Valier! I can't believe it's only been two years, feels like you've been around for so much longer!
I second every word of it!

Hyvää kuolinpäivää.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #337
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green Have yourself (myself?) a merry little deathday...

It's three years now. Odd.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 12-15-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #338
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Happy Deathday Lommy!!! The Downs wouldn't be the same without you.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #339
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
The Downs wouldn't be the same without you.
Seconded indeed! For more than obvious reasons...
Old 12-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #340
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Yes, Lommy, without you there would be a severe imbalance in the Penguin to Dragon ratio.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #341
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Three years! It feels like such a short time, and yet I can hardly remember a time without you. A very happy deathday to you Lommy, go have a party with Nog and Greenie!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #342
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thanks to everybody for the deathday greetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Yes, Lommy, without you there would be a severe imbalance in the Penguin to Dragon ratio.
Dragons? Where?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #343
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Happy deathday to The Might, and may there be still many quizzes and riddles for you in the future to solve...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #344
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It is Miggey's (sorry, I actually love that nickname ) deathday? May it be a very happy deathday, then! May you be here for many more years...
Old 12-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #345
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up

Thanks for the nice deathday greetings, and I definitely must post the picture that Legate just sent me, as I see he has not done so in his last post.

I really like it, very kind and I kind of felt bad for not remembering his Deathday...then again without him I wuld have probably forgotten about mine.
So thank again, Legate!
Btw, I first thought it was some Newspaper article...

And no, I still haven't taken my father's place at Legate's side.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #346
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That is halarious!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #347
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Happy deathday, The Might!

Legate, I never thought you had it in you to do something like that.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #348
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Legate, I never thought you had it in you to do something like that.
I am capable to do more mad things than you can possibly imagine
Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #349
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You know I think I miss my own deathday every year, but by less this time! 4 years ... feels like more.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #350
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Oh damn. . .if you start to remember your deathday, then I am sure it will not be long before you demand the rest of us to do the same. (remembering your deathday that is, not our own)

Old 01-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #351
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

You joined on Tolkien's birthday? Cool. You have been here for four years? It doesn't surprise me, but it's very cool as well. Anyway, lots of congrats and I hope you will stay here for many, many more years!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:23 AM   #352
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Celebrating 5 years of madness.

Well, today appears to be my Deathday... I hope you're happy with the tatters you have left my mind in over the years.

All that remains to be said is:
Happy Deathday to everyone who shares this and all other days.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Wow, five years is a long time. Happy deathday, Hookbill!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #354
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Happy deathday, Mr. Hook! Enjoy your day! And don't forget to pay all Bills... like, for example, now I see you are supposed to pay a ♪100 bill for the deathday party... and another Bill you have to pay is Bill Ferny who wants also some more not to give away the position of your Barrow to the Black Riders...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #355
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
May you have many more Death Days to come Hookbill!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #356
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Kys og kram fra Rune til Hookbill

Old 01-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #357
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Yesterday was my 6th deathday, and by a lucky coincidence, I happened to spend a part of it with two Downers! I met Rikae and Macalaure (more about that on the "I met a fellow BDer" thread), and as we sat together chatting about the Downs, it occurred to me that I joined on Jan. 12, 2002!

Six years is too short a time to spend with such excellent and admirable Downers! May the years to come continue to be enjoyable, as the past ones have been.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #358
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Six years is too short a time to spend with such excellent and admirable Downers! May the years to come continue to be enjoyable, as the past ones have been.
Surely they will! And though I (and not only I but also lots of others, I believe) have been here for much shorter time than you, it is obvious that the Downs would not be without you what they are. If they would ever... so, may your spirit keep its spirit! That's probably the best I could wish you for your deathday
Old 01-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #359
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Happy Death, Esty.

May your time beyond be filled with more cake then can possibly be imagined.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #360
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Wow, congrats Esty! And that must be a perfect way to spend a deathday.