The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2003, 01:17 PM   #1
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

LOTR_know-it-all55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LOTR_know-it-all55
Sting obsession

I think there are a lot of people here that are obsessed with LOTR(such as me). Here you can tell the world about your love for LOTR.<BR>Here's mine~ My room is covered in LOTR memorabilia.I call my little brothers Bilbo and Frodo. The latter eats a second breakfast to become more hobbit-like. (A boy after my own heart) I have watched the FOTR almost everyday since it came out on DVD. I read the books (doesn't matter which one) every day. I spend way too much money on LOTR stuff and movie tickets. I have been nicknamed LOTRknow-it-all by classmates and teachers.(thus the screen name)I domnload every single thing I possibly can from the internet. (lordoftherings.net) I can quote the entire FOTR movie and I'm working on TTT. I also wear one of my One Rings on a chain and never take it off.(NEVER) Oh well the first step is admitting you have a problem... <BR> <p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: LOTR_know-it-all55 ]
Old 01-04-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Yep, I'm a psycho here to! Here goes:<BR>I ahve posters everywhere in my room. My computer desk is covered in LotR action figures and books. I watch the Extended DVD almost everyday. My teachers call me Frodo. I dress up as a hobbit sometimes to school and wear my cloak out in public. I have Frodo desktop icons on my computer. The wallpaper for my computer is TT. I have spent $45 dollars (or less) to see TT. I've seen it 5 times and going again either today or tomorrow. I draw LotR characters on my hw just to tick my teachers off. I've read the books, and theres so much more! Also, I have the whole FotR movie memorized. And almost TT.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 01:53 PM   #3
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Doesnt it bug you when you see a word written somewhere and your brain converts it to Tolkien related stuff, such as:<P>Token-Tolkien<BR>Many-Merry<BR>Habit- Hobbit<P>and loads of others that I cant remember right now. I also constently quote LOTR in my conversations (my friends hate me for that). I can also quote ALL of BOTH films!
Old 01-04-2003, 02:10 PM   #4
anduin angel 44
Pile O'Bones

anduin angel 44 has just left Hobbiton.
i am not obsessed but i have a friend who is obsessed. she constantly watches the dvd spcial edition and evrytime i talk to her on the phone she is watchin it, well it seems like it. she has lotr desktops and screen savers. she talks about it at school. she mad e a shirt to go to the premiere of two towers. she of course, is the 1 who told me about this website and i decided to join cuz i like lotr but i dont get it. she can explain the whole movie to me when we watch it and she gets frustrated when i dont kno wat she is talkin about bc she knows so much more about it than i do. im sure u love this dont ya ishmel !!!haha
Old 01-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am always broke, so I only have one drawer full of stuff, but I do doodle characters in school, and I am proud to say, I have memorized Lotr Fotr.
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #6
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Shield

It's soo cool that people agree with me! And thanx AnduinAngel44 for that wonderful posting on me.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:50 PM   #7
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Sting

faye took~When u say u have Frodo desktop icons do u mean the labels for program shortcuts? if so can u tell me how to get them?
Old 01-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #8
anduin angel 44
Pile O'Bones

anduin angel 44 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i like hobbits
Old 01-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #9
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I don't know if I can beat any of you with my craziness, but I sure can join you:<BR>Living room contains: "The Final Battle" poster signed by the Brothers Hildebrant, pictures from a FOTR calendar drawn by Nasmith, a Bilbo glass sculpture, Ringwraiths mug, complete set of Fellowship action figures, BK light up mugs, Ringwraith bank, almost all of the BK figures, Galadriel doll by indoor fountain, FOTR pic frame, magnets on fridge, Middle Earth art poster, and well... the collection has gotten much, much bigger since X-Mas. I need to find spots for all of my new stuff.<BR>I also have the FOTR poster & a Middle Earth Map in my bedroom and my computer has a desktop theme of TTT (including icons).<BR>I own both DVD's and I don't know how many times I've seen FOTR... a lot. I have now seen TTT 6 times.<BR>I try to get every mag I find to do with FOTR.<BR>I also own almost all of the other Tolkien books: Hobbit, Silmarillion, Middle Earth Histories, Lost Tales, ..... etc.<P>I also have a cat named Frodo <p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Tigerlily Gamgee ]
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:58 PM   #10
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I too own a whole bunch of stuff (posters, magazines, etc.), I regularly wear my Elven Brooch, saw FOTR in theaters 7 times, own both DVD's and have watched them multiple times.<BR>When I was in France I bought I copy of FOTR in french (which I can't even read)<BR>I traveled all the way up to Seattle so that I could meet Ian McKellen (who for anyone who dosen't know plays Gandalf )and I got his autograph <BR>Me and my sister own multiple copies of the books, and movie books. Our computer has had the Legolas screen saver for the longest time, and we also always have a desktop that has to do with LOTR, or Orlando Bloom (my sister loves him)<BR>I have also seen TTT 3 times (I am waiting until fewer people are seeing it so that I don't have to wait 45 minutes outside, to go into the theater)<BR>Yes, you could say I kind of enjoy LOTR <BR>(though I do not watch the DVD everyday, I am too busy posting on the Barrow Downs <BR> )<p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-05-2003, 12:26 AM   #11
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

And who said Obsession was just perfume? BAH!<P>I've managed to collect most of the FOTR posters - even the really cool one with Frodo and Gandalf in Moria ("I wish the ring had never come to me" scene), and I've got 4 of the official movie swords. I just ordered the Shards of Narsil which should be coming soon!!!<P>I eventually want to get a house with themed rooms and the master bedroom would be LOTR themed. I want to get all those posteres laminated with a flat finish and turn them into wallpaper, and hang my swords/armor/and costumes that I've made on the wall. <P>Obsession? Yea I made a ringwraith costume for the premier! ARMOR AND ALL!!! BWWUAAH HAH!!!<P>Wow, you guys have interesting collections. OOH and a true money saver that I've taken advantage of: E-BAY!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 10:10 AM   #12
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Armani_Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well i dunno if this is an obsession but i call my headmaster sauron, his secretary Saruman, the students of my skool(which I am no longer part of thank you god) the urukhais bred for a single reason and that is to forsake themselves to educational slavery....the discipline mistress King Theoden, her secretary Wormtongue. My janitor's Aragorn since he's very good with challenging people into a mops-and-pails duel. My canteen seller Legolas since he could pull off most cookings faster than the eyes can see, my other janitor Gimli coz he's got the world's coolest axe and is very good with chopping the trees, my friend treebeard since he is like one. and four of my friends are hobbits. since they are so small and i saw them in ponchos the other day.....they really did look like hobbits.<BR>oh yeah, last but not least my next door neighbor for his Eomer-wannabe moustache.<P>amongst lotr stuff.<P>peace
Old 01-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #13
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ooohh . . . well:<P>I bake lembas and cram <P>I call my cousins (6 and 3 year olds) hobbits, and I drew up a list of my friends as characters from the Fellowship . . .
Old 01-05-2003, 11:03 AM   #14
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

As I have said before, I am too new to be that obsessed though this Christmas I got a bunch of stuff:<P>a keychain of the ring that lights up, the knock-off LEGO Weathertop set, the LoTR board game (haven't beaten it yet, though I play it everyday), The Hobbit, The one volume edition of LotR, THe Unfinished Tales, and my very own precious (though it doesn't look like any ring of power).<P>I call my brother Pippen, and alas have only seen TTT twice.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #15
Swin

Sting

I have a book with it's covers bent lying on the desk.<P>Am I obsessed?
Old 01-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #16
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Shield

Gorwingel~You met Ian McKellen??!!! I hate you soo much!! <p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: LOTR_know-it-all55 ]
Old 01-05-2003, 11:49 AM   #17
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I have the Two Towers visual companion (and am buying the FotR one) I have the making of the movie trilogy, I have the theatrical and extended versions of the FotR DVD, I have the LotR books, a jigsaw puzzle, a calendar, oh, an I'm a member here. that's all I can think of at the moment...
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #18
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Sting

o yeah i have four LOTR board games and a really old puzzle that's really hard and realy cool and i'm way too hyper
Old 01-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
PippinSqueak
Pile O'Bones

PippinSqueak has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I spend a whole load of money on LOTR movie tickets..and on buying the DVD and soundtracks and stuff. And then i memorize lines from the movie..accents and all. Almost all of my notes to my friends have somethign to do with LOTR. And i'm so obsessed that everyone in my school knows how much i love it. Yeah, i know some people seem more obsessed then me..but i really am at heart..trust me. I get that tingly feeling in my stomach whenever anything reminds me of LOTR. Even when my *band* music reminds me of LOTR. Good times, good times.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:40 PM   #20
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dūm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I cry at various moments when I read the books, because I love it so much.<P>Got all the books, actually 3 sets of copies. One set has trilogy in one big book, one set in 3 books that are falling apart (they were my mothers she bought them 30 years ago), and another set that is brand new and has the pictures of the movie on front.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #21
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dūm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Oh i spelled habit, habbit! LoL yeah I'm going crazy. I have my own site and practically live on it, and of course I live on this site as well.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #22
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I am so obsessed I just nearly dropped my one ring down the toilet! <P>My little sister has a cushion that she calls Legolas and beats up now and then.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:57 AM   #23
Arien
Shade of Carn Dūm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Everyone says that I'm obssesed....everyone at school knows I love LoTR, but maybe that is because everytime teachers mention something relating to LoTR my best mate shouts out " Arien loves the Lord Of The Rings..."...I'm planning to get my room done like Frodo's bedroom in Rivendell, or Arwens Room in TTT, I don't know whether to do dark or light....I have both DVD's, two copies of LoTR, a really old but still in rally good condition Silmarillion, two copies of the Hobbit, HoME...ummm and The Unfinished Tales...and some Encylopidias on tolkiens world.<P>I have many posters, soundtracks, little Pweter statues of Frodo and Gandalf, mouse mat, icons, screensaver, desktop,mug, FoTR visual companion.<P>I also made this thing in a Gold frame.....its on stained paper and written in Caligraphy: the start of FoTR galadriels speech bit, the One ring to rule them all verse and a poem about Arien written in Sindarin...I love that...I think thats all, well until I come by some more money
Old 01-06-2003, 11:47 AM   #24
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I copied down every poem that Tolkien included in the LotR and the Silmarillion and tacked them up on my walls in lieu of wallpaper.<P>I named my fish Esgalduin and my dog's puppies after the sons of Feanor.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #25
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Shield

eleanor~Why would your little sister want to beat up Legolas???!!
Old 01-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #26
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Because she knows I like him and woundnt want to see him get beaten up. She does it to annoy me,sibling rivelry and all that.<P>She is a Harry Potter fan. Need I say more?
Old 01-06-2003, 03:52 PM   #27
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

i have both versions of fotr on dvd. i almost have fotr memorized, specially the hobbit scenes. ive seen ttt 2 times (my dad refuses to take me again and my mom refuses to see the 1st one). i memorized all the names of the actors/actresses that played characters in fotr (not that impressive, eh?) and i'm getting a rabbit soom that i may name either pippin or merry cuz they rule!
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:56 PM   #28
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Now I think of it, I had two hamsters called Pippin and Merry when I was four.<P>Wait a minuit. come to think of it , one ate the other. I guess that makes them a little further from the book...<p>[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #29
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

PippinSqueak, I truly can agree with you on that one.... tingly feelings all over! Yes it can definately be <I>anything</I> that even <B>remotely</B> resembles anything about Tolkien, Middle Earth, etc. This also includes walking down the hallway during "passing time" and glancing up at all the seniors/ very tall people. (a lot of them are; maybe 70%) It's so weird the way I feel, can't really describe it. Even of how I generally get blamed for things I didn't do, I just think of my hobbit traits, and how I'm always prone to getting in trouble. I sort of "observe" everyone around me, and I think about their connections to Tolkien's works. I also feel like no one else does this (meaning my friends and ppl in my school) and that I'm different from them. Then when I look outside from my house, car whatever, I am hurt so bad by what these humans do to this world. Looking at the stars I think, are those the same stars as over the Shire? Yeah I really can't wait until another life, a better one, in the Shire. Tolkien has really corrupted me, and sometimes I wish I have never found out about him. There's so much I can say, and sometimes I can even get a teary eyed just thinking about this world, and how I can't wait until something better. I'm not saying my life is bad, because it's not, but I feel sort of incomplete. <P>But about my obsession, I like to take it slow, because I know I'll never feel the same about FotR as I did the first time I saw it in theaters. And that soon enough, RotK will be out of theaters. So I'm trying to slow down these few years, and take none of it for granted. Oh yeah and this is the longest post I've ever made so sorry about the time wasting....
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #30
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Sting

I have two hampsters and their names are Frodo and Sam! Sam is fatter than Frodo, too! Hehe! Let's see, I have a TT wall calendar, a FotR day calendar, several posters, the One Ring, a hobbit cloak I had specially made for the movie premiers (which I wear EVERYWHERE), a full hobbit costume I made (not too shabby, if I say so myself. I wore it to school on Halloween.), a TT t-shirt that has the Ring prophecy (One Ring to rule them all yadda yadda) on the back, the Special Extended DVD, the Hobbit through the RotK, the TT and FotR movie companions (which are AWESOME) and my soon to be crowning achievement... *drumroll*<BR>I'm MAKING PLUSHIES. My LotR obsessed friends and I are getting together this weekend to make plushies of the entire Fellowship. I'm going to make Frodo first. If these are a success, I'll post a picture of them up. They're going to be so adorable. <BR>I also read the books over and over in chronological order, I have FotR memoried (even though I don't watch it everyday) have most of TT memorized, at least my favorite scenes and I've seen it 3 times. I am refered to the Hobbit at church when people see me in my cloak and I'm forever getting these sad shakes of the heads from my non obesessed friends. I've got the Frodo, Legolas, Pippin, and an orc action figure and am getting more for my birthday which is very very soon. Like Friday. Ok now I'm just rambling so I'll leave it at that. <BR>LOTR rocks!
Old 01-06-2003, 08:08 PM   #31
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dūm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I always read any LOTR book every day no matter what (I'm on the Silmarillion now and its sooo cool). I have a Lothlorien background for my comp. I might be going to NEW ZEALAND next year!!!!! <BR>My sis's b'day is 25th of march! I'm so jealous (thats the day the ring was destroyed). I've seen TTT 6 times in the cinema. I watched the whole FOTR extended DVD in one day (xmas).<BR>So you might say I'm obsessed<BR>oh and I'm gonna decorate my bedroom so it looks elvish or in the shire, not to sure yet.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:17 PM   #32
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

All this that you all are saying makes me feel so happy! I feel like crying. <P>My obsession is not quite as materially extensive as the rest of you, but I feel proud in my young years to have read LotR 7.3 (in progress) times, the Sil at least four times, and the Hobbit 3. I constantly refer to things around me as things from the books, quote lines from the book (not the movie), and have completely broken the bindings of two copies of Lotr so far. I feel a strong, almost grim passion for Middle-Earth which I find hard to explain to others, and I will openly bash any other work of fantasy that claims to be better, or attempts to comptete in popularity. (for this reason I hate Harry Potter) I have known ME since my earliest childhood, and the Hobbit was the first book I ever wanted to read. For years, Tolkien was the only author that I liked, other than his close friend C.S. Lewis, and for years all of my intrests were involved chiefly in discovering Middle Earth. <P>Till a later time,<BR>Iarwain<P>P.S. Many of you may bark at this, but in many ways I enjoy Lewis's Narnia much more than ME. It brings me joy in its greater reality. My background is a forest scene into which I have inserted a lamp post.<p>[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]
Old 01-08-2003, 09:58 PM   #33
PeregrinTook
Animated Skeleton

PeregrinTook has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes, I am obsessed. Trust me, I know it. quoting LotR CONSTANTLY (in school also) has become a hobbit. My sister and I call each other Pippin (that's me!) and Merry. All I do on the internet (other than for school) is go to LotR sites. I can recite FotR (the movie) off the top of my head, and I might be able to give you the next sentence from the book if you gave me the previous one...well, almost. I make a point of bringing up LotR in all my school classes, and even my teachers sometimes get into discussions with me about it. I wear a uniform at my school, so I can't dress up as Frodo or Pippin... My parents have had to confine me to a bulliten board because my LotR pics on my wall got a little, shall we say, out of control... I have THREE LotR calendars in my room: one that is handmade, one Two Towers, and one FotR locker calendar. My locker at school has nothing but LotR pics taped in it. And last, but certainly not least, I spend WAY too much time (according to my parents ) posting on the Barrow Downs and other LotR sites like Council of Elrond and such...
Old 01-08-2003, 10:08 PM   #34
PeregrinTook
Animated Skeleton

PeregrinTook has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh! And I have a LotR student planner and wear the One Ring on a chain, but am VERY careful NOT to put it on since it will corrupt me with EVIL. And I make necklaces out of all the charms on the TTT bookmarks. I've seen TTT two times and am planning on seeing it again soon. I went to see Fellowship three times, and intend to majorly break that record with TTT, and same with TTT vs. RotK! <BR>See your obsession percent here: <A HREF="http://www11.brinkster.com/s0mething/quiz2.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www11.brinkster.com/s0mething/quiz2.html</A> <BR>Note: The '0' in s0mething is a ZERO not a capital letter 'O'<P>I'M 100% OBSESSED! ARE YOU?
Old 01-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #35
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I am 100%! <BR>Oh, and I to have a one ring which I wear on a chain, but refuse to wear on my finger.<p>[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]
Old 01-09-2003, 02:35 AM   #36
Sauron the deciever
Animated Skeleton

Sauron the deciever has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sauron the deciever
Sting

Who do you reckon is the MOST obsessed of everyone here?
Sauron the deciever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:20 AM   #37
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Well, I've got loadz of posters, pics on computer. I created the family trees of all the famous houses and printed them off!<BR>Iv seen FOTR more times than I can remember and have got the pirate video, proper video and extended DVD. Getting TTT DVD soon. Plus I'm on here everyday for at least three hours (no joke) even in college!<P>At college people know me as a lotr freak and on the bus my friends put their hand sover their ears everytime I start talking incase its lotr related! it gets annoying! All I did was say that some women on the side of the road looked Galadriel outta the departure scene from Lorien.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #38
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I am *extremely* obsessed as well. I feel the exact same as Pippinsqueak: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I spend a whole load of money on LOTR ... me of LOTR. Good times, good times. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> and Jeli Baggins: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PippinSqueak, I truly can agree with you on that one.... made so sorry about the time wasting.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've read the books once the whole way through and read random chapters every night before bed. I am known at school as the LOTR freak (in a good way)... and my boyfriend (seriously) looks EXACTLY like Frodo (from the movie). No joke or exageration (sp?) I have tons of LOTR jewelry that I wear every day, and since we have uniforms I'll sometimes wear my elf ears. I quote things from the movie and my room is slowly but surely being buried under my growing LOTR collection.<P>I am 100% obsessed as well!!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #39
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have read the whole trilogy many times, I call teachers by sutible LotR characters (e.g. Sauron = headmaster), I have written 2 books and a file about LotR, I have the normal and extended FotR DVD's, I NEVER stop talking about it, if one of my friends says something (e.g. You're late) I translate it in to Elvish, or somehow connect it with LotR, I have loads of movie books, I would love to have things like the swords, One Rings, Evenstar..., but sadly I am not free to buy things like that. I have 3 posters up in my room (not very many!), and I have millions of pics of Aragorn and Viggo, on the computer and printed out.<BR>I saw FotR 3 times at the cinema, millions of times on DVD, and so far I have seen TTT 2 times.<P>Bye, Elessar<P><BR>
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:20 AM   #40
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, and I am called LotR person, LotR fan, and by names of LotR characters <P>Bye, Elessar
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote