The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2003, 04:30 PM   #1
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting least fave!

ive seen plenty of topics about your favorite line or scene but i want to no what is you least favorite scene in the movies and why.<P>In TTT the whole scene with the Arwen dream and him kissing the horse was just plain chessy in my opinion. Cnat think of a bad scene for FOTR though.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Galadriel going ballistic used to make me cringe.<P>The I got used to it.<P>Now it makes me cringe again!! Wanna know why? Do ya? Have you seen the additional discs in the extended cut when it talks about the sounds and voice pickups?? They play a version of Galadriel's speech at full-speed, as it was originally recorded. It sounds SOOOOOO much better, and one can actually understand it. Now I can't go back to the slowed down version again. Pity me... <P><BR>In TTT it has to be Frodo falling face first into the marshes...AAAHHHH I just want to choke him...Don't follow the light stupid Hobbitses... It's just not how I picture Frodo - at all. Small scene and there might be worse one, but it just gets me in particular.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Osgiliath. The Indecisive Nazgul thread covered my reasons why, but in a nutshell: it was just so useless! Even on its own terms.<P>In FotR, Frodo's look of pain when he gets stabbed by the cave troll went on a bit too long for me. Other than that, it was great.<P>-Lily
Old 02-16-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The TTT scene was, of course, the Nazgûl scene in Osgiliath. FotR scene was... wait for it... the Frodo-Sam scene on the river as they are setting off on their own for Mordor. HA! You thought I was gonna say Boromir's death scene, didn't you?!
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ohhh i hate the osgilith scene to.Unlike alot of people though i hate Sams line "its your Sam, dont you remember your Sam" or however it goes. i hate that line and it would ruin that whole scene but the whole scene was bad. In FOTR i kinda liked the crazed Galadriel scene. My least favorite had to be ............The if you want him come and claim him scene and the Arwen and the brige scene. (Yeh Arwen isnt my favorite charecter).
Old 02-16-2003, 08:45 PM   #6
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Most definitely the Arwen and Aragorn scene in TTT. Argh!! It just makes me so mad because it is so pointless! Also, the scene in Osgiliath with Frodo and the Nazgul was ridiculous.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 09:08 PM   #7
hobbit punk
Haunting Spirit

hobbit punk has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

For TTT, I loathed the Osgiliath scene and any of the scenes with Arwen in them; esp. the one where she comforts Aragorn and the camera zooms in on her boobs! And the part with Legolas swinging on to the horse was pretty awful. (I mean all they did was film him swinging off the horse and play it backwards!)<BR>In FOTR I didn't totally dislike any one scene. The scene where Galadriel goes ballistic would have been better if they had toned it down a little. But I really can't complain, FOTR is just an excellent movie! <p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: hobbit punk ]
Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
i agree with hobbit punk
________
BRAIN DISORDERS FORUMS

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:20 PM   #9
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Hmm... in The Two Towers, probably when Arwen was saying, "... slleeeeeppp... sleeepp..." to Aragorn. <P>It was hilarious though the second time I saw it, because I was watching it with a friend (first time for her to see it), and my brothers, and when Arwen says, "Sleeeeep..." my friend started cracking up, and then when Arwen says it the SECOND time, "Sleeeeeeeepp..." My brothers, she, and I all started laughing... I kinda felt sorry for everyone else in the theater, "trying to enjoy this great romantic scene while these kids are laughing their heads off for no apparent reason". Okay sorry, that was pointless. I'll shut up now.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:25 PM   #10
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

o i did that too. I have this problem where if i think something is chessy i burst out laughing like the whole Arwen sleep scene. i also laugh when its really quite. i went again recently wit my best friend and at the part when Treebeard sees all the cut down trees it gets really quite and i burst out laughing. At these parts in the movie i usally get more atenntion than the movie because everyone is staring at me because im laughing.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:12 AM   #11
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I would have to go with the Aragorn going over the cliff scene, because that did not belong there, and should not have been there. I am just sitting there thinking to myself "This should not be happening to Aragorn, there is much better things they could be doing right now". In a close second place is the removing of Saurman from Theoden, and in third is the part when Frodo falls into the marshes, because the animation of the faces in the water reminds me of bad horror movies.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:26 PM   #12
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

in fotr, arwen riding with frodo to rivendell. i always fastforward that scene<P>in ttt, the soppy scene at the end with sam's speech, minus the bit where they show victory at helms deep ( i always cry, its so beautiful)
Old 02-17-2003, 02:44 PM   #13
Finwen
Animated Skeleton

Finwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In FotR: The Council of Elrond. It's so amazingly cringe-worthy in a way that I didn't even believe existed before I saw it! Especially when they all start fighting. And the end: "And you shall be... the Fellowship of the Ring!" The cheese was running down my screen and pooling on the floor in a little sticky glob.<P>In tTT: Probably the Arwen/Aragorn thing... It just didn't seem right in the midst of all that darkness and near-death. Plus it went on for far too long.<P>And the worst scene to watch in a cinema filled with people is the tTT Gollum scene, when Smeagol and Gollum fight and the camera angles change. Everyone laughs at him so much. I just want to hit them with sharp pointy objects...
Finwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:27 PM   #14
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Although I love the Ents, sometimes I got so absorbed in the Helm's Deep story that the Ents being thrown in all the time made it seem ridiculous. But that was only a small thought, and a bad one! Bad! The Ents were great. They were just a little messed up. It started to seem a little too much like aliens in Star Wars.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #15
nevlhachien
Animated Skeleton

nevlhachien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i cant think of anything in fotr that i dont like. probably because i have seen it so many times.....<P>well in TTT i hate all of the Aragorn/Arwen scenes. they are pointless and cheesy as many of you have already said. and i dont like the part when Aragorn falls off the cliff. again a pointless scene. and it wasn't even in the book! that is what bugs me. there are parts in the movie that aren't in the book and some good parts in the book arent in the movie. though i can think of none at the moment...... i just rambled on without even knowing what i was exactly saying. i do that a lot...<P>-nevie
Old 02-18-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
Sauron the deciever
Animated Skeleton

Sauron the deciever has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Sauron the deciever
Sting

They should make a version of TTT with all the Arwen and Aragorn scenes deleted! (Im sorry that was harsh..)<P>FOTR-absolutely no bad scenes at all!<P>TTT-much the same as everyone else when Aragorn falls off the cliff etc.<P>Well theres my 5 cents!..or is it 3?
Sauron the deciever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #17
Lady Alasse
Wight

Lady Alasse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Worst scene in FotR was when the black rider comes out from behind the tree, but you don't see him riding up behind it. When the four hobbits are underneath the tree. The "Get off the road, quick" part.
He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by my arms.-II Samuel 22:35
Lady Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:15 PM   #18
Arod
Animated Skeleton

Arod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arod Send a message via Yahoo to Arod
Sting

My least favorite scene was when Galadriel was speaking to Frodo in her mind and she says "the one who has seen the eye!" It was creepy. When I read the book she was not like that at all and I think they over dramatized her character way too much.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:26 PM   #19
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The goofy "sing song" way Galadriel and Frodo talk right before he looks in her mirror. "What will I see?" Then whatever she says next. ick!
Old 02-18-2003, 11:52 PM   #20
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Personally I love the scenes with Arwen and Aragorn. True, they were not a part of the book but their love was. There was no real way to show their past in the movies or really how much they loved each other, so PJ fit it in in the form of flashbacks and dreams. I think it was well done.<P>The part with Legolas mounting up on that horse was indeed interesting to watch. I think with all the time and effort they put into the movie, they could have smoothed that out a bit more.<P>My least favorite thing would probably be the fact that Legolas did not ride elfstyle. The first thing he did when he was given Arod was remove saddle and bridle. They had Gandalf riding elflike on Shadowfax...why not do the same with Legolas? I saw that as easily overlooked.<P>As far as they all go though, I think they were masterfully done, with a few minor overlooks...but that's always expected in films. No one is perfect

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote