The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2003, 10:38 PM   #81
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Quote:
All I want is a lousy coffee cup! Not a figure head cup, just your normal kind with some picture from one of the famous tolkien artists like Eissman or Lee.
How come you can go into Barnes & Noble and buy Harry Potter coffee cup (like kids drink coffee!) but you can't get a LoTR cup?
Dang it, all I want is a B-D coffee cup and I wonder if it's ever going to get here [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I'd like to see a palantir as magic 8 ball type thing.

I think character salt and pepper shakers would be fun, like Merry and Pippin, Frodo and Sam, or Galadriel and Celeborn. Legolas and Gimli'd be a funny pair though... maybe they could make Legolas and fangirl instead?

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #82
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone know of somewhere else I can try?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure of the exact size of your files, but Village Photos does free image-hosting. They do have a size limit on uploading, however, which is why I was wondering how big the picture is. You could try to make it smaller by cutting off the excess. I could do that for you, if you'd like.
Please, Rynoah, do! Could you give me your email address or something? I tried Villagephotos, but the files are too big.
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #83
Imrahil of Dol Amroth

Ring

I think that a One Ring Ring toss game would be very exciting [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 06:54 PM   #84
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A LOTR Pumpkin carving set. So that you could carve pumpkins with all the charaters on them, and you could also carve a pumpkin with the ring lettering, that would be reall cool, and evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 10:29 PM   #85
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I am going to refresh this thread, because it is a really great one.

Does anyone know where you can find a collection of LOTR related bumper stickers. Because I would love to find some for my car (though I don't know if Tolkien would ever like for people to place his words on vehicles that he was totally against)

Another thing that would be great are those things that you put around your license plate, with the messages. I think I have only seen one. Hey the B-D's should make Bumper stickers and license plate frames
Old 05-17-2003, 01:15 AM   #86
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well... I can't help you with the carving SET, but I can refer you to a pumpkin-carving SITE that has LotR patterns (select "patterns" from the left-side menu). They are highly difficult to do as they are "shading" carvings, but the site gives easy instructions (select "instructions") as to how one performs this miracle of Jack O' Lanterning and even how to create your own patterns using the computer.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #87
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I read over this thread the other day, and last night I had this really evil idea for LOTR Merchandise!! Heh heh, my wicked sense of humor!

I'm not sure what to call it. Does anybody remember those inflatable punching bags that are weighted at the bottom so when you hit them, they pop back up at you? I think they usually had cartoon football players on them or something. Anyway, my toy would be an inflatable Boromir punching bag thingie like that. The toy would come with an Uruk-hai bow and suction cup arrows. Every time you shoot Boromir with an arrow, he almost falls, but pops back up again so you can shoot him some more! Just like in the movie! okay, it was funny at 11:30 last night. *sob* It's a stupid idea! Stupid stupid stupid!!! Just... Just forget I said anything! *sob sob sob*

~Maegaladiel.
ROUND EARS ARE FOR WIMPS!
Maegaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:07 PM   #88
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A LOTR Harley Davidson. No wait, they already did that!

Old 05-31-2003, 01:53 AM   #89
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would love to get my hands on the production designs for Rivendell in FOTR. Drawings, paint colors, patterns, the whole enchilada! Right now I am having to improvise by carefully stopping the DVDs and making notes as I slowly try to turn my home into an Elvish sanctuary (without hubby noticing).
Old 06-06-2003, 10:41 AM   #90
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

hope nobody already said this, I didn't read the entire topic, but I would like to see Eye of Sauron marbles. Cat eye marbles made of clear red-orange swirly glass, with black cat-eye thing inside.

ooook that sounded really stupid, but it works in my head.

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #91
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Eye

I'm ressurecting this topic as I keep thinking of these great things to post here, but now I can't think of anything.*Ack*

The only thing I can think of is a Gollum plushie.I would love to have one of those!!

Peace,
Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 12:34 AM   #92
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Amariden Ravenhill has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally posted by Farrehn
Personally I would like King Theodin's sword! That thing is really cool! I was like drooling over it in the theaters! (They might make it though to sell)
I would also Like Galadriel's headpiece, that thing is beautiful!
All the clothes the Elves wear!
Aragorn's daggar/knife thing he got from Galadriel.
Both of Legolas's bows and arrows and quiver and his knife things too.
Gimli's axes, all three or four of them! (I'm into weapons, can ya tell?)
Don't worry, Farrehn......I am also quite fond of weponry...especially swords dating from the Middle Ages and the Golden Age of Piracy............

Yes...I too would want Aragorn's knife or maybe a Westernesse sword. Theoden's sword was AWESOME The funny thing is that I actually know how to do archery and I can swordfight, too!

Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!
Amariden Ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:43 AM   #93
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is a Gollum plushie.I would love to have one of those!!
Your prayers are answered, Vuelve! I found just the thing here: Gollum Plushie !
I know they'll probably never have the Foaming Frodo action figure, though, but it would be pretty easy to do...just add baking soda! It could even come with Shelob as a set! (Yeah, I know its a bad idea...couldn't resist though!)

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 03:31 PM   #94
warrenerd
Animated Skeleton

warrenerd has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to warrenerd
this may not exactly be merchandise, but i think it would be great if they added onto the sets in new zealand (sp?) so that you could actually live in them like you're in middle earth. they would hire actors to act out different battles and scenes at certain times of the year. but everything would be so real. and it wouldn't have merchandise INSIDE of middle earth, because that would be too fake. people would live with the elves or the hobbits (maybe they'd have to raise the cielings) or the men or the dwarves. it would be really expensive, though. but worth it. i would love to be one of those actors. they would have to have a lot of them, though, for all the elves and men and hobbits. how wuold they do hobbits? maybe they would hire midgets. anyway, i wish they had left the sets up, but nooo. they had to knock them down as soon as they were done with the scene. anyway...
~shouting at the wall~
Old 02-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #95
Gilwen
Pile O'Bones

Gilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Bumper stickers-
"Frodo Lives!(and so does Haldir!!)"
"Look there, behind you. YRCH!"
"We wish, we wish, to catch TWO fish"
Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 PM   #96
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Guess what? On my last post here I mentioned Eye of Sauron marbles, and now... I have one! I found it at a little toy store where they had lots and lots of marbles of all different sorts. It's not officially an Eye of Sauron marble, but it sure looks like it! Not quite how I described my idea for them, they're like a translucent red-orange marble with black painted on, but the black is glass, so it won't ever rub off or anything. (Can you tell I'm rather excited?)
Old 02-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #97
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
Thumbs up

Quote:
Your prayers are answered, Vuelve! I found just the thing here: Gollum Plushie !
YAY!!!!!Must have the preciousss!!!!

Peace,
Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 10:49 PM   #98
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

I BRAKE 4 HOBBITS

Old 03-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #99
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Okay, you've all given me great ideas... I wonder if my parents would let me start an LotR company... to make all these.
We actually found a lembas recipe somewhere... but I don't know where... blah.

Oh well, ideas... Books, to be more exact.

Hobbit Corrupting for Dummies, the book for all evil rings on corrupting stubborn hobbits... (Hey, maybe I should start writing that...)

How to become an Ace Bowler with your Palantir. The first lesson is never to look into the bowling ball while thtowing, or it'll burn your hand off.

One hundred ways to Sneak into Mordor... the book for Frodo and Sam... maybe wrote by Gollum *shrugs*. Number one: don't go at all!

Fireworks Displays for Dummies, the book that tells everything about setting off fireworks in tents... without a wizard noticing you.

How to Escape from the Top of a Tower: the book about not jumping without an eagle there to catch you. Contains stories from survivors.

What Happens when someone Touches Galadriel's mirror... the story from the survivers... Someone has actually stared writing a Star Wars-Lord of the Rings crossover on this topic here... that'd be me... heh heh...

And those are the Middle-earth books I'd like to see... and or write. Some of you guy's ideas rocked to, by the way.

Eowyn Skywalker
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 01:45 AM   #100
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

The Eye

Oh my goodness that's hilarious, Eowyn Skywalker Hmm.....101 ways to Kill an Orc: by Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli et alli.

Old 03-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #101
Hot, crispy nice hobbit
Wight

Hot, crispy nice hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Order the One Ring on Amazon.com! Price: $666.00

Add to cart
Old 04-13-2004, 12:15 AM   #102
Vilyon
Pile O'Bones

Vilyon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

• Build Moria in your back yard, just 47450 easy steps!, (Or 4745 easy steps if you have a 10 friends)
  • DIY one ring kit

"I must apologise for Wimp Lo, he is an idiot, we have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke"
Vilyon is offline   Reply With Quote