The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #241
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
At the risk of looking like a loon, talking to myself all alone on here, I've been going over the last hour of voting yesterday myself, to try to see if it throws up any clues.
Ok, lets start an hour before deadline, at the point at which Gil was in the lead. Known innocents are in italics.
Gil - 3
Wayne -2
Celuien -2
Kuru - 1

At this point, Kuru posts without voting. He says of course he's not going to vote for Zali, but doesn't want to vote for Wayne or Gil either. Probably wants to vote for me but doesn't think anyone else will.

Then we get a flurry of posts, close enough together in time for people to perhaps have not been aware of each other.
Kitanna posts. She doesn't want to vote for Gil, she wants to vote for Wayne or Eonwe, but worries about the risk of a double lynching.

Marcolie steps in, says she wants to vote for Wayne but is also worried about lynching.
Then Kuru says he'll probably vote for Gil.
Eight minutes pass (unlikely therefore to be a cross-post) and Kitanna votes for Wayne - she knows this brings the score to Gil 3, Wayne 3 with half an hour to go but says she hopes someone else will vote. Query - why doesn't she play safe and vote for her other suspect Eonwe?)

Azaelia crossposts with Kitanna. Not knowing we are now at a draw, she says she will wait.

Wayne now comes in, three minutes later. Quite understandably, he votes Gil to save himself. Score is Gil 4, Wayne 3

Two minutes after this, Kuru thinks we have a double lynch on our hands and wants to vote for Wayne. (Which ironically would bring it back to a double) Then, next post, he realises that everything's ok.

But then, in another cross-post, Marcolie steps in and votes for Wayne. Back to a double: Gil 4, Wayne 4.

Three minutes later, Zali steps in and votes for Wayne, saving us from a double (but also saving Gil). Kuru simultaneously agonises over the double which he still thinks we have, but curiously doesn't vote himself to save the situation until after Zali has voted. He votes for Wayne.

Then Marcolie comes in again. Her main concern is not the lynching, but the fact that she is a girl.

Now what do we make of all that? Were there wolves in that mess, trying to save their fellow wolf Gil? Or was it just a bunch of bewildered and blundering innocents cross-posting chaotically with each other? (Spawn's suggestion of opening two windows seems more sensible than ever, frankly.)
We could lynch Gil to find out.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 AM   #242
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
particularly as I think most of you are on EST.
Well, I know a couple of us are on Central time (me, phantom).

Quote:
I find all the scrambling around to be rather humorous, though I'm sure it would have been extremely nerve-wracking
Both. It didn't help matters that both Márcolië Lamen and myself seemed to be suffering from slow internet connections (in my case it was slow as molassas in summer). That did not help matters any at all! I think I probably will do the double window approach from now on.

Anway, realizing that I am contradicting my earlier statement...

I'm not sure that we can really gain that much from studying the near voting disaster. Gil-Galad had three votes by the time phantom voted for Wayne. That is a lot of ground to make up, and you had to assume that Wayne would vote for Gil-Galad. Even when Boromir88 voted for Wayne I still thought Gil-Galad would come out on top (or bottom depending on how you look at it). However, I did not want to vote until the end so that I could do everything to avoid a double lynching. This may have been a mistake on my part. My own instinct was to vote for Gil-Galad and maybe I should have done so sooner. That might have tamped down the fires and ended it there. Of course, had I voted for Gil-Galad and everybody else voted the way they did we would have had a double lynching because Azaelia's and my votes would have balanced each other. So what we have is a situation where Kitanna and Marcolie caused a bit of a mess because of their desire to vote for Wayne. This does put Marcolie on the radar because she was the one who wanted to vote for Wayne. Kitanna I suspected already. Azaelia and myself broke up the double lynch. I don't really see what could be used against us about that.

Where's Anguirel gotten off to? Does he figure that since Gil-Galad voted for him he doesn't need to show up to defend himself?

Let us also not forget that Eonwe was the one who actually triggered the double lynching on DAY ONE.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #243
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril gil-galad

i think gil i inossent. i think he made it pretty clear that he had real life time constraints that made it hard for him to be here. He seconded (?) that by voteing very early toDay. i would be really mad if a wolf would lie (or even hint) about real life to confuse innocents, so i think gil just wants out. really, that's just over te top. is this correct? we'll never now untill we kill three wolves or gil is killed by someone. but as for now, i put him and zali on the same list.

ok then....

Quote:
Eonwe is also on my list, but I want to hear from him about his voting for Kuru before I vote for him.

this is kittana in 217, by the way
hopefully this will be a bit better than my last post (sorry it was late at night). my fears of kuru and the phantom have not been asuaged. and i will also be so bold as to throw boromir into the mix. there were a couple things back there when i said to myself "wow, that really sounds like they are distancing themselves from eachother. " it just doesn't feel right. as for teh validity of this stuff, can i prove anything? no, can you prove anything? not really. right now it is just suspicion, but i will try to but together something that will back it up later toDay. but anyway yesterDay, i voted what i thought was best, which was kuru. anyway im gonna have to go to class pretty soon, about half an hour. so i will stick around until then...
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #244
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

just some more stuff. could it possibly be taht the wolves set up this double lynching, hopeing that innocents would waste a day (by not focusing on people that really deserved it. i really didn't thing wayne was guilty. [the only logic taht i could find was he was unhelpful. anyone that thinks something (however sinserly) that is wrong is unhelpful] i still don't think gil is.) trying to save a double lynching situation. im not sure, but i will try and see if there is anything to it...

fourth, to classes, and immense bordom....

and sorry for the extreme confusion this post could cause.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #245
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Reasons for killing-
1) She was on the right track with her suspicions.
2) She was putting her trust in the correct people.
3) She was neither strongly suspecting nor strongly defending any wolves at all, thus leaving no obvious trail or reasoning behind her death.
Or... the wolves thought that she'd be a gifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Query - why doesn't she [Kitanna] play safe and vote for her other suspect Eonwe?
That's a good question. However, it was clear that Kuru and Márcolië were around and they would show up to cast their votes. If either of them had forced a tie, we'd probably lynch that person today.

On the other hand:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
So I guess I'm going to have to hope that either Gil or Wayne gets another vote after mine.
EDIT: I understand the dangers in this vote should no one else vote for Wayne or Gil, espcially if there's a repeat of yesterday.
That is a bit suspicious to "gamble" like that.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #246
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
It's so silent here...

Where are Anguirel and Azaelia? Where is Kitanna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
What are we going to do about Gil-Galad?
I really don't know. It's true that he will probably trouble our minds as long as he lives wether he is guilty or not. Eonwe seems pretty certain of Gil's innocence but I'm not convinced.

Here are yesterday's votes in chronological order:

Gil-Galad -> Gil-Galad
Eonwe -> Kuruharan
spawn -> Gil-Galad
Celuien -> Gil-Galad
Anguirel -> Celuien
the phantom -> WaynetheGoblin
Lalaith -> Celuien
Boromir88 -> Wayne
Kitanna -> Wayne [Gil 3, Wayne 3]
Wayne -> Gil-Galad
Márcolië Lamen-> WaynetheGoblin [Gil 4, Wayne 4]
Azaelia of Willowbottom-> WaynetheGoblin
Kuruharan -> WaynetheGoblin

Yesterday's voting doesn't put Márcolie into a very flattering position.

You know, there's a slight chance that I'm not able to vote today. I don't want to cast my vote yet because there has been so little conversation today and if I was able to come back later, I would probably want to change my vote.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #247
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well at least its a bit livelier than when I was talking to myself earlier today...

I don't want to pick on Gil unnecessarily or meanly, and I'm by no means 100% or even 80% sure he's a wolf, but I do think his death would at least explain a few things.
But I've got other suspects too. I was suspicious of Kitanna and Marcolie yesterday, and they're still looking pretty lupine today. (I don't think they're both wolves though, unless they were very bold). Kuru I'm uneasy about - partly, as I explained earlier, because of Celuien's death - but he's less high up on my list.

Last edited by Lalaith; 09-22-2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: forgot to embolden names
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #248
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Oh, I've just looked at the werewolf admin thread, Anguirel has been away and should be back in an hour or so.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:49 AM   #249
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Allow me to contradict myself again

After doing some rereading, I've changed my mind again. I'm finding this Kitanna and Marcolie question more interesting. Unfortunately, not a whole lot has turned up today.

I'm also going to have to be among the early voters today. I'm going to have to leave in a few hours and I can't be sure I'd be back in time. At the moment I think I'm going to vote for either Kitanna or Marcolie. Hopefully something will happen to guide my choice.

It'll be somebody else's job to make sure we don't have a double lynching toDAY.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #250
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I've not been on yet. I had alot of homework and only am able to even start a post now because I finished calc class early.

That being said, I'm suspicious of everyone in the voting fiasco yesterday. A wolf would probably be hiding in there. However, it doesn't have to necessarily be those causing the ties because someone else might have almost forced them into it.

the people I consider to be part of the fiasco and their votes:
Boromir88 -> Wayne
Wayne -> Gil-Galad

Boromir could have been trying to hide from the double lynching guilt by being one before.
Kitanna seems most suspicious to me. However I'd say she(?) might have been relying on me voting.
Wayne dead, innocent
Me I know I look extremely suspicious. I don't know how to defend myself. However I know I am innocent.
Azaelia and Kuru voted after the second tie. Could have been trying to hide out but would have voted making it if I hadn't. Looking this way makes them seem even more suspicious.

Everyone:
Anguirel- not involved in yesterday's fiasco, good place for a wolf. Still suspicious. Tried to tie to me? I don't know?
Azealia of Willowbottom-in the fiasco, but not in the middle. Still hiding out. One of lesser suspision I guess...
Boromir88-in the fiasco but not middle again. More suspicious than begining but I'm not sure.
Dancing Spawn - lesser of the suspisions from yesterday, but had been suspicious before.
Eonwe -still suspicious, quiet, ect.
Gil-Galad -Gil is just crazy. I don't have any idea what to do about him....I don't think anyone does.
Kitanna- very suspicious from yesterday. Had been hidden before. Probably most suspicious to me now.
Kuruharan-in fiasco but not much. Suspicious to a degree.
Lalaith- less suspicious than before but is trying to pin it on me. I won't blame that because I know I look suspicious. But it could still be hiding behind an innocent.
Márcolië Lamen What can I say? I thought Wayne was a wolf. I am very sorry my fellow villagers. Please forgive me for playing a big part in yesterday's lynching. Hopefully I get another chance and last through the day today for the village as a whole. I don't want the wolves to get another villager killed for them.
the phantom- wow, I'm so not thinking about phantom. Managing to hide again. But yesterday was acting suspicious now that I am thinking about it. On everyone's case.

So now I need to go to class. The change in our numbers of villagers is alarming. Hopefully this change becomes concave down.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #251
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Once again working on the basis of Descartes, knowing myself to be, as the ancient Dwarven phrase describes it, "as pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow," I have to assume that the death of Celuien of the Frogs was a clumsy attempt to stitch me up; and so ask the question "who benefits from me being suspected for lynching?"

Anguirel- well, not unless I'm triple bluffing. Or something.

Azealia of Willowbottom-no more than most, benefit wise. I supported her as a proven innocent.

Boromir88-in on way at all-I've repeatedly defended him

Dancing Spawn - to an extent. Never quite bought my theories (though those theories were, after all, wrong) and regarded me with a bit of suspicion. Maybe.

Eonwe -fits the bill in every way. I have attacked him and suspected him. This could be a perfect, if obvious, way to detract attention from me.

Gil-Galad -would probably like to lynch me, but wouldn't gain anything from it

Kitanna- I didn't rule her out before, so I cannot rule her out now.

Kuruharan-suspicious of my Marcolie pact. But I'm still reluctant to reciprocate that suspicion.

Lalaith- my closest supporter in deeds if not words; also loses from death of Celuien. Could be hiding behind me, conceivably.

Márcolië Lamen-Cleared-she'd come under fire as my erstwhile ally when storm clouds moved against me

the phantom- I, along with the majority, am far too intimidated to suspect him...

That makes my Unholy Trinity Eonwe, Gil-Galad, and Kitanna, with the first one much more likely, and Kuru and Spawn also quite possible. But I'll probably go after Eonwe.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #252
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If you have any information you want to present before I vote, get it in within the next hour, because I'm going to have to vote in about 60 minutes.
Quote:
That is a lot of ground to make up, and you had to assume that Wayne would vote for Gil-Galad. Even when Boromir88 voted for Wayne I still thought Gil-Galad would come out on top
Me too. That is one reason I am leaning towards voting for Gil today. It seems really odd, to me anyway, that someone in his position would get saved from lynching.

He was up for lynching on Day 1 and Day 2, so finding out he is a wolf would probably give us more information than anyone else. Anguirel is the only person besides Gil who has been a serious lynching candidate, but he was only on day one.

Feel free to introduce another suspect (eg Kitanna) into the mix, but I'm hoping that we will go ahead and get Gil today. Even if he is innocent, at least we will be able to stop wondering and really focus in on some theories.

We still have at least two chances to catch wolves after today- either two days of lynching, or if the Hunter is killed we will have one day of lynching plus the Hunter's shot.

With the list of suspects getting smaller every day, I am about 80% confident that even if Gil is not a wolf we will catch one tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:42 PM   #253
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It seems now or never for me to cast my vote because I know there is no chance that I can get on until late.
++Kuru

I have no strong reason to vote for Kuru except he makes me completely uneasy. And I will admit part of it is his constant accusing of me. Yet when he does it he has twisted a few of my posts around making me look guilty. I also find it strange he waited so long to vote yesterday. Granted so did I, but classes tend to get in the way. But Kuru, I expected him to throw in a vote early in the day for myself since he seemed so certain I was some sort of wolf. That's my vote, those are my reason and I know I'm innocent and just as clueless as any other innocent.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #254
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Well, my time of departure is drawing nigh. Thankfully, a few things have started happening. Unfortunately, Kitanna has not posted. The phantom may have a point about it just being time to get rid of Gil-Galad just to find out. I think if Gil-Galad is not a wolf that will put Kitanna back in the spotlight. However, we are running low on wiggle room here.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #255
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Ahh...there she is. Unfortunately, her voting against me does not really help my decision making very much. However, I must ponder quickly.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM   #256
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Ok, so here's some further thoughts.

Through somep prior experiences, wolves typically like to do two things, divert and bandwagon.

1) Divert- usually do it with their votes, or with their kills at night. In voting of course, try to swing voting away from one person to another. Or, with their kills at night, trying to "frame" people or set others up. Of course they don't want to kill someone who has suspected them, so they kill someone who's said nothing about them and sets others up.

2) Bandwagon- the only problem with this one is that wolves are safe when bandwagonning. I doubt early in the game wolves would try to take control of the situation (that's why I doubt Kuru or phantom are wolves). Wolves like to bandwagon because it's safe, and it's very hard to distinguish a bandwagonning wolf from, and innocent who is convinced by the evidence and bandwagons. Perhaps later on when innocents to wolf ration gets slimmer wolves will start speaking out and trying to manipulate, but I doubt a wolf would try early on. Or atleast from my typical experience, the ones who are the more vocal and try to find the wolves, aren't wolves, because once people start realizing they're leading us into killing innocents they're screwed. So, typically in the beginning wolves like to lay low, and go along with the flow, until innocents start slimming out and then they strike.

Again, these are just ideas, and what I've noticed the typical wolf to do, doesn't mean Kuru or the phantom aren't wolves, but typically a wolf wouldn't jump out of the gates early and try to manipulate.

I will go through yesterday's voting, and lastnights kill, to see who fits these best.

Also, I agree with Eonwe, on the Gil situation. I think he's being sincere, and isn't a wolf, but it's still a lose lose situation. If we lynch him, our chances are he's another innocent bringing us down 7-3. If we don't lynch him the wolves aren't going to kill him, thing is if we do lynch him, a night will be wasted when we could try to find a wolf. This is again, assuming that he isn't a wolf, as I doubt from what he's said that he is a wolf. If he is pulling our leg, it's a cruel and mean thing to do, but I doubt he is, and think he's innocent.

If we keep putting of Gil, then the decision with what to do with him only gets harder, and I agree with phantom in that someone who causes so much confusion, the wolves wouldn't want to kill.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #257
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I have to go now. I'm about as unsure now as I've ever been but I'm going to go ahead and vote...

++ KITANNA

...if for no other reason than I have suspected her for a long time and may as well do something to act on it.

Even so, I kind of wish something would happen to resolve our Gil situation. However, I'm afraid of "wasting" my vote on what seems like an easy choice everyone can bandwagon on.

Good luck to my fellow villagers!
Old 09-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #258
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Gil-Galad, my friends, is our town's Albatross.

He is noticeable, strange, and rather depressing.

However, killing him would just make things worse. I do not wish to wander the seas, or earth, or anywhere else, with the acrobat's corpse round my neck.

Now Eonwe, on the other hand, is a shark...so much so that I almost, as of reflex, plonked a ++ in that bracket...
Old 09-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #259
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Ok, so I know this has been posted but it's just to help clear out my thoughts. Here's the voting from yesterday...

Gil-Galad -> Gil-Galad
Eonwe -> Kuruharan
spawn -> Gil-Galad
Celuien -> Gil-Galad
Anguirel -> Celuien
the phantom -> WaynetheGoblin
Lalaith -> Celuien
Boromir88 -> Wayne
Wayne -> Gil-Galad

I'm most likely going to vote for Gil-galad tonight. Though I don't think he's a wolf, the longer we keep him around the more troublesome he may become. Though if he turns out a wolf I would suggest looking at Kitanna and Marcolie very hard. They both voted for Wayne, tying the votes each time. Trying to divert suspicion away from Gil-galad? I admit, I think this theory only holds up if Gil-galad turns out to be a wolf.

I would also look at Azaelia, as she voted for Wayne putting him in the lead, again trying to divert attention away from a fellow wolf? So, if Gil turns out to be a wolf, I'd take a hard look at Azaelia. I disagree with phantom, and though Perky may have dreamed about her, I'm not taking anything for sure at this stage in the game.

I also said yesterday I would be looking at those who quickly jumped on against Gil-galad. If Gil-galad turns out to be innocent, I would turn my suspicion to Spawn, who quickly in voting yesterday jumped on.

I also think Lalaith's vote for Celiuen is a bandwagoning attempt on Anguirel. As far as I know (though I could be wrong) I don't think Lalaith was too suspicious of Celuien before she voted.

So, here's my thoughts...

Assuming Gil-galad gets lynched today...

If he turns out to be a wolf, look at Kitanna, Marcolie, and Azaelia.

If he turns out to be innocent, look at Spawn.

Whatever the case I think we should start looking more into Lalaith.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:29 PM   #260
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I was deciding whether vote for Gil or Kitanna, when something Kitanna said about Kuru struck a chord with me.
Quote:
he has twisted a few of my posts around making me look guilty.
Tell me about it, love.

So I'm going to vote ++GILGALAD

Kitanna, I'm still suspecting you, mind. But I'm going to think very hard about Kuru tomorrow too, if we all survive the night, that is.

Oh and Boro, I think you'll find Celuien was in my quartet of suspects early on in the day yesterday.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #261
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

On the whole Gil issue, I still feel he is innocent....But he would be one of the few who'd attempt a bluff such as what he did.

As Anguriel has said
Quote:
Gil-Galad, my friends, is our town's Albatross.
I think this isn't exactly what he is, but an albatross is more likely than a wolf to me. At least now.

I think we have others I need to focus more on than Gil. Trying to logically figur e him out won't work. I'm not sure about him, but feel others are probably more worthy of our votes.

So Gil in all isn't useful to have here but a life we may be wasting...

I'll post more later, need to go feed my pet turtles now though.

Last edited by Márcolië Lamen; 09-22-2005 at 01:40 PM. Reason: I'd left out a word
Márcolië Lamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #262
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm really wrestling with this decision, but I have to make it now or not vote at all.

The way I see it, if we don't take care of Gil today he will once again be up for lynching the next day, the day after that, and then the day after that. So, he is a distraction to me, and also I'd feel like a fool if we don't lynch him and he turns out to be a wolf.

On the other hand, there are a couple of people who I might suspect more than him, since he hasn't really given me much to work with. In addition, it's possible that the wolves didn't try to save him yesterday because they figured he was a lost cause, thus his death wouldn't be as informative as we hope even if he is a wolf.

But, if he is a wolf he needs to be killed.

To be honest, I am a bit suspicious of most everyone and no one is firmly in the lead. Once we bag a wolf, my suspicion list will fall in line, but until then everyone is somewhat even in my mind, except Azalia who I still think the Seer dreamed of.

So, since no one is firmly in the lead, it makes sense to me to vote for someone who has been a prime lynching candidate in the past because, if he is a wolf, the voting might tell us who other wolves are.

So, here it goes-

+ + Gil

Don't let a double lynching happen.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #263
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

i'm getting more and more confused. nothing seems to be adding up. ill prolly be waiting until near the last minute to vote, to see what develops. boromir has somewhat passified me, but i still can't let suspicion die. nothing has really changed with my opinion of the phantom and kuru, although nothing has really materialized against them.

Quote:
this is Anguirel in 258

Now Eonwe, on the other hand, is a shark...so much so that I almost, as of reflex, plonked a ++ in that bracket...
im glad you didn't. could you tell me what makes me suspicios, maybe i can speak to it. all i have done is spoken and voted my mind.

Lalaith, could you tell me why you suspect gil and kitanna. and why you suspect gil more. just curious, of course.

i would really discourage voting gil, who i feel to be innocent. other than that, i don't really have much more to say. im feeling kind of torn in mind........
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #264
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Just to keep track of things, and avoid a double lynching:

The votes as things stand -

Anguirel -1
Kuruharan -1
Kitanna -1
Gil-Galad -2

Five of us have voted. Six are still to vote.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #265
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My reasons for distrusting Eonwe-

1. Haven't forgiven that suspicious tie-forger

2. Haven't felt much weight in his contributions

3. Feel, based on our records, that he has most to gain from Celuien's death and my disgrace

4. Find his defence of Gil-Galad, which I agree with, a suspicious attempt to ingratiate

5. Know that if he's a wolf, I'll go from Gaurwaith to hero (Eru, I might even get de-outlawed and knighted!)

6. Know if he isn't a wolf, no one will want to lynch me-what wolf would be so stupid as to vote and put up a case for an alternative canditate with the innocent within their grasp?

7. For if Gil-Galad is no albatross, but a wolf, then I am the King at Nargothrond!

8. I appreciate the irony of Gil-Galad running after me and my defending him and running after Eonwe...

9. I seriously doubt anyone will back me up before it's too late so this will remain a fine, romantic, quixotic gesture

++EONWE
Old 09-22-2005, 02:16 PM   #266
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Eonwe, I don't know why you particularly want me to explain my vote rather than anyone else, but I don't mind explaining.
I am suspicious of what happened at the end of play last night.
Many of us villagers agree that Gil is causing confusion. Finding out whether Gil is innocent or guilty will solve many questions, particularly about yesterday's voting chaos.
I also thought I might vote for Kitanna because her actions during the voting were very suspicious. But I had a last-minute flash of empathy because she, like me, has been bullied by Kuru. I just hope I don't end up regretting my soft-heartedness.

Does that help?

Oh and vote update:

Anguirel -1
Kuruharan -1
Kitanna -1
Gil-Galad -2
Eonwe - 1

Six of us have voted. Five are still to vote.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #267
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Lalaith, thanks that does indeed help. i didn't have allot of time at the moment and only got around to the last couple posts. so im not just interested in your voting techniques, just all i had time to ask about. (now that you mention it, i might be able to conseed that some things will be cleared up about last Evening.) (and im glad i wasn't involved in that whole muck )

Anguirel:

Quote:
1. Haven't forgiven that suspicious tie-forger
pure accident, i assure you. four minute earlier and i dont' think there would be a case against me on that count.

Quote:
2. Haven't felt much weight in his contributions
umm....just speak my mind. and voted the same.

Quote:
3. Feel, based on our records, that he has most to gain from Celuien's death and my disgrace
how so? i have had nothing against celuien ever. or you for that matter.

Quote:
4. Find his defence of Gil-Galad, which I agree with, a suspicious attempt to ingratiate
not really. those are just my thoughts on the matter of gil.

6 and 7 have me a bit mistified though.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:19 PM   #268
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I myself am rather glad that you'll be voting me off, though i do agree it will be a waste seeing how i am Innocent, i kind of want the wolves to kill me off too incase i don't get lynched
Old 09-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #269
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I have been pretty much convinced by Gil-galad's words that he is innocent. I find this vote extremely difficult. Though, I'm not 100% sure, I've been pretty much lulled by his words that he's innocent.

Tough choice, if I vote for him and he turns out to be innocent, I have yet another innocent's blood on my hand. If he turns out to be a wolf, than Wooo! but I highly doubt this.

I don't want to vote anyone who already has been voted for (though one's probably a wolf), because of course, this might tie things, and with how slow it's been in here today I can't count on someone breaking the tie.

++Gil

Though I believe him when he says he's innocent, I agree with phantom that it will only be a cloud to have over our heads. That he may or may not be a wolf will keep on slipping in our minds if he stays around. Also, I'm still not 100% sure, and if we just let him hang around and he is a wolf we will feel stupid.

I think after today, if Gil is lynched than you should take into consideration what I said in this post by me...

Quote:
If he turns out to be a wolf, look at Kitanna, Marcolie, and Azaelia.

If he turns out to be innocent, look at Spawn.
This of course I AM basing off the votes from yesterday by those who voted to tie things up with Gil and Wayne, and those who jumped to try a Gil-galad bandwagon.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #270
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

list of votes so far:

gil -> Anguirel
Kitanna -> kuru
Kuruharan -> kitanna
Lalaith -> gil
the phantom -> gil
Anguirel -> eonwe
Boro -> gil

giving us:

anjuirel - 1
kuru -1
kitanna - 1
gil - 3
eonwe -1

giving us 7 of 11 votes; 4 left. hmmmm.....

this was for my good as much as anything
Old 09-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #271
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
Azealia of Willowbottom-in the fiasco, but not in the middle. Still hiding out. One of lesser suspision I guess...
I wish you wouldn't say "hiding out". This is the first chance I've had to get online. I have school. I'm a student. I am sometimes unable to post until now. Please don't hold it against me.

I don't think Gil is guilty either. Although I am rather confused and he hasn't been posting at all except to say that he is very busy, is depressed, and cannot play. I don't know if this is a wolf plot to keep himself as "innocent" in our minds or an innocent speaking the truth...or a combination of both.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:31 PM   #272
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril plauged by doubts

yeah, im gonna have to vote fairly soon. hermmm....

im thinking of voting kuru, becuase that is what my heart tells me to do. ill prolly be back on in another 10-15 minutes to actually cast my ballot.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #273
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Uh-oh. I am doing that thing called "bandwagoning"...but I am definitely not a wolf because of it, Boromir. I still think I have an ok chance of having been the seer's dream (which you will find out if I am eaten/lynched later on, anyway).

I am also doing another suspicious thing: Changing my mind. I have been convinced (Mostly by Boromir and Phantom )after re-re-reading the thread that perhaps the way to go is to vote Gil. I agree that he isn't contributing at all (Or not anything particularly valuable), and that if we keep putting off lynching him, he's just going to come up again and again...If you think about it, if he's innocent, it's a perfect situation for the wolves: they've got someone they can hide behind because he'll come up over and over. If he's a wolf, it's a pretty good way of hiding, since all he'd be doing is going around and around in circles.

Therefore,
++Gil .

(Gee I might as well write "suspect me" all over my forehead, yes?)

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 09-22-2005 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clarifying wording.
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #274
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril my name is.....thomas?

++KURU it is.

now that i think of it, however, i can't really say gil ever gave a concrete reason for not being on (or did you gil?). if he did not, i think that i would have to rethink my "innocent" verdict. arrrhhhh, there are just too many ways to cut things!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #275
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Wow just got home.

++Kitanna

sorry Its so late and I haven't been on. Want to vote so I don't feel guilty and chose to avoid double lynching and for who is suspicious.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #276
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Voting is now closed. Expect Gil's death soon.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #277
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
The villagers tied Gil's hands behind his back and started to lead him to the gallows. But Gil turned around quickly and yelled....

"Look, a distraction!!!"

All the villagers turned around but quickly realised that nothing was there. When they turned back the rope that had tied Gil's hands was on the ground, and he was gone. Suddenly he appeared on a roof top.

"Haha, suckers you'll never catch me! For I am the amazing Gil-Ga....well hello there...." he said, as he noticed how many females were in the crowd. He took a step forward to get near them, but he had forgotten where he was and fell off the roof.

Everyone ran over to the foot of the building and found him on the ground. He had fallen and broken his neck, he also hadn't transformed.

Another innocent was killed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Azealia of Willowbottom
Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2
Celuien(ord) - croked on Night 3
Gil-Galad(ord) - Fell of a roof top on Day 3

Score:
Villagers: 7
Werewolves: 3

It is now Night 4. I need names from everyone who needs to give me names. Please send them to both me and Alcarillo. He will be covering for me tomorrow. Thank you. Also,sorry about the shortness, not feeling very good today.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-23-2005 at 05:06 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #278
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Dawn with her rose-red fingers shone once more over Tinseltown. The villagers gathered in the village square to count their numbers.

"Where's Azaelia?" Said one.

It was true: Azaelia of Willowbottom was now a victim of the wolves. But where was her body?

The villagers searched every single building in Tinseltown, but still she could not be found.

Then one of them checked the port-a-potty on the edge of town. There she was, her dead corpse sitting on the toilet. The wolves were very cruel indeed to kill somebody and then prop up their body in such an undignified manner. But at least she was an ordinary villager, and not gifted.

The villagers once more returned to the town to continue their discussions.

--------------------------------------------------

Living:

Anguirel

Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2
Celuien(ord) - croked on Night 3
Gil-Galad(ord) - Fell of a roof top on Day 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (ord) – Killed and placed on toilet on Night 4

Score:
Villagers: 6
Werewolves: 3

Werewolves, stop PMing, and villagers, discuss!

Last edited by Alcarillo; 09-23-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #279
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

well, seeing as everyone is being so quite, i will try to break the ice. i prolly won't have much to say though.

well, this hasn't helped matters much. the two people i was relatively sure were innocent killed off in short order. hopefully gil's innocence will tell us something about wolves and such. hopefully...

like i said, i dont' really have much to say. im still pretty much unopinionated, except taht i don't trust anyone anymore and still find certain people still suspicious. i think it is interesting to note that the people (for the most part) that have been lynched have been peole that i couldn't really get anything on. (wayne, gil, Celuien, Glirdan, to name most).

please no one lead a "lynch eonwe cause he's unhelpful" campaigne. i dont' think unhelpfulness has proved a good lipmus test on past subjects. maybe we should look at those that are leading us in our efforts...

on a side note, i have to work all day tomarrow and won't have access to ye olde net, so i won't be here to defend myself.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #280
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye here we go...

I say it's about time we caught a wolf.

I certainly don't know where one is, but I have some ideas that may help everyone sort out their ideas.

First- werewolf voting strategy.

It is always good to have at least one wolf vote for another wolf at some point.

Every team of wolves (that I can remember seeing) employs this strategy. It's a useful one. You can only use words to distance yourself so much- votes count for more, so it is always a good idea for a wolf to vote for another wolf at some point. It gives the appearance of innocence after the wolf is found. And the thing is, you can't pick the wolf out and say "He voted for her to distance himself!" because if a wolf gets lynched then that means several villagers also voted for the wolf, so you can't tell the wolf apart.

So, as I said in one of my posts a couple days ago, there are certain times when it is smarter to vote for another wolf.

Let's look at Day 2-
Everyone who voted for Gil, Wayne, and Celuien was not a wolf voting for a wolf because those suspects were proven innocent.

The only person who received a vote who was not killed was Kuru. However, the vote cast for him by Eonwe was not cast at a very good time- it was right at the beginning. That doesn't seem like a safe time for a wolf to be tossing a vote onto another wolf.

So, let's move on to Day 3-
Anguirel, Kitanna, Eonwe, and Kuru all received votes and have not yet been found to be innocent. So- let's take a look.

Ang's vote was from an innocent, not a wolf, so that leaves that vote out.

Eonwe, as he did the day before, voted for Kuru. He also did it at a time when there was no chance of Kuru getting lynched because there was only one person left who could vote (technically two, but Spawn was not likely).

Now, this would be a great time for a wolf-wolf vote, BUT- Eonwe also voted for Kuru the day before at a time that wasn't very smart for a wolf-wolf vote, so though I could be wrong, Eonwe-Kuru probably isn't a wolf-wolf vote (and if it was, congratulations for fooling me).

Now, what about the Marc vote for Kitanna? It was cast at the end when there was no chance of Kitanna getting lynched. In addition, Kuru had been declaring a Marc-Kitanna wolf duo, so perhaps he was right and Marc's vote was an attempt to say "No, you're wrong- see, I even voted for her!"

So, the Marc-Kitanna vote is a possible wolf-wolf. We might get a chance today to see if Marc is still willing to vote for Kitanna when she is in actual peril.

Then, there's the Ang vote for Eonwe. It was a pretty safe bet that Gil was going to be lynched yesterday, so an early vote was not really as risky as usual.

However, Anguirel has succeeded on getting on my good side with flattery during this game so his vote somehow doesn't look as suspicious to me.

But I suppose that the Ang-Eonwe vote might've been a wolf-wolf vote.

Now, what about Kitanna's vote for Kuru and Kuru's vote for Kitanna?

As I said already, Gil's lynching was a good bet so it was safer than usual to cast an early vote, and to actually have two wolves vote for each other is the ultimate way of seperating.

We will see if the two suddenly back off of each other as the day moves along.

Now, about Gil's lynching- it was inevitable and my head is clearer for it, so it wasn't the worst thing that could've happened. Can we learn anything from it? Perhaps.

Since his lynching was so likely, the wolves had a golden opportunity to vote for someone other than Gil, and thus "throw away" their vote (am I using the term right, Kuru? ). Do you think they did? If so, how many of them? It's not as if the village needed help to lynch Gil. He was on the chopping block from the beginning.

Then again, there is always the bluff option of doing the exact opposite of what is expected, so who really knows?

I can't believe how silent it is today. Is anyone there? It's not very helpful to sit back until the end and suddenly cast votes without having accusations or defenses first.

Let's get some theories and such going, people.