User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #161
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lol - sure Drass is a smart girl (girl, hint, hint [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and ya, I guess they share a bond enough so that the horse may know when the master is in trouble. She's definetly smart. If you want, she can lead you two to me or she could just lead you guys to a safe location, like where there are a bunch of Rohirrim. That's probably what I'd see her do, but once again you can do what you want 'cause it's your story too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2003, 02:28 AM   #162
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lyra: I love it, but.... I dunno, wouldn´t it be better if the horse lead us somewhere safe? Just for the record...two little girls and a bezerk woman.. that would be kinda oddd [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

edit: AND HAPPY 100th, CHERE!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:59 PM   #163
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Nope, Cartil's in the King's tent right now. Gita will return with the King and they can talk with him. Aylwen, there could be a few of the king's guards in there that sort of do whatever keeping Cartil there until the King gets back. Taralphiel, does the King have a name? Is it all right if I have him asking Cartil stuff in one of my posts?

Also, I was thinking that maybe a few of the company could come save Cartil after the fighting goes down a little bit in the Swan House and the Village. The company's got to reunite anyways right? Then Gita could flee yet again, but bunches of Wild Men could die.

When/If the company saves Cartil, they could yell a lot make it like there's a zillion of men with them instead of the ten there will only be, scaring the Wild Men into retreat etc. It's a standard War Tactic in all my fantasy books. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-09-2003, 01:04 PM   #164
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I posted - at last! Once more, let me know if something needs to be changed.

And HELP! I think Annunfuin needs elvish medicine - and fast! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] He's not dead yet but it doesn't look good... Maika: I hope Annanoldowen still has some herbs left. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 06-09-2003, 08:55 PM   #165
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Hey-

I've been having a rough time for the last few weeks. One of my relatives is sick and I've been having some family problems. I'm sorry about the trouble my abscence has caused. I have been unable to give the games I'm in proper attention.

I regret to say that I will be withdrawing from all the RPs I am currently participating in. Maybe I'll return at a later date, but I will probably be leaving for the summer.

Cheers and good luck,

Ransom
Old 06-10-2003, 12:07 AM   #166
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

The King does not have a name, but get him to ask all the questions you want.

I'll see what I can do about Annunfuin too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Im really sorry to see you go Ransom, your characters were really a credit to you. Im also very sad to say that if you are leaving for such a long period, that your characters will have to be killed/taken over by another player. Everybody, please let me know if you wish to take over one of these characters, because I do not wish to lose them unless its necessary.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #167
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Edited, but Manardariel "I" still need a good reason to leave Rian.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-12-2003, 05:31 AM   #168
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'm starting to get a tad confused on what is happening here, so I'll put a little somethhing here:

Annunfuin and Laurel are wounded. That leaves Annanoldowen, Herebrand, Ohtaredan, Rudhchamion & Taralphiel. Cartil is off with the King [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Im thinking the plan is that Annanoldwen treats the injured, enough to get Laurel concious, perhaps not Annun since he was poisoned. They realise Cartil is missing, and they heard Gita, so they set off after they clear the house of any nasties left

Fiona (with or without Elena, whatever happens) will stumble across Lanaey and they will make their way to help out Rian. They will also meet Ilisit in the village.

Im seeing if someone can pick up Ransoms characters. If not, Leena will be found in the village, and likewise for Thagon. Also I need someone to pick up Herebrand, or he will have to perish as well.

TheRulingRing, and Burzdol, please try to post. You are two of the last Rohirrim, I need your input.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #169
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Tara - sounds good. Though it would be great if Annunfuin would wake up if just for a moment: he has something important to say to Laurel when she's up... Maybe she could come to see him as soon as she learns what has happened? Ok? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Wish I had the time to take and write either of Ransom's characters! They are great, it would be real pitty to lose them... Strength to you, Ransom; you'll be in my prayers.

~Annun
Old 06-12-2003, 10:11 AM   #170
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Just a reminder that gamers are expected to post two to three times weekly if they are major characters in a game.

Gamers who have not posted for two weeks or more or who have not revised posts as requested by the game owner within one week of the request forfeit their character and place in the game. Their character can be written out of the game or give to another gamer.

Also, Annunfuiniel, you have a SAVE posted from May 25/03 at 1:30 pm which you have not yet filled out. Please fill it out or delete the post within 48 hours or the post will be deleted. Thanks!

Bêthberry
Old 06-12-2003, 10:47 AM   #171
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Bêthberry - thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten that Save. It's deleted now for I thought there was nothing to add to that point.

Note: I really wish Annunfuin will came through and I can post for him soon. I assume he won't be able to participate in the quest for Cartil but maybe he can meanwhile help in the Swan House (arrange defence etc.).

~Annun
Old 06-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #172
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi!

I can't stay right now, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to post on the game thread shortly. Sorry for the delay!

TRR
Old 06-13-2003, 05:22 PM   #173
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Working on a post. Annunfuin will make a good (however slow) recovery.

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-13-2003, 06:20 PM   #174
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Thank you for posting your intentions, TheRulingRing and Maikafanawen, but the other gamers really need to know when you will be posting.

Please give us a specific time frame, such as, "I will post within 24 hours." Otherwise, it is very difficult to run a game and keep track of what is happening.

Gaming in Rohan requires this kind of commitment.

Bêthberry
Old 06-13-2003, 07:01 PM   #175
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Post is up. Next time I'll specify time frames.

Aylwen: I was finishing up the post when I realized that I wasn't sure how you'd want Cartil to respond to the questions. So you can do the little session, or we can just leave it and sort of have the king say something like "We'll see if you change your mind in [a few hours]" and then Cartil is just tied up and left. Then Laurel & Co. can save him[??]

Taralphiel: Okay, Laurel will be ALL RIGHT!! Open for you to give instructions to those of us at the House.

Annunfuiniel: I've done all I could. You can decide how long it takes for your character to recover and if.

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-14-2003, 02:01 AM   #176
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks all who posted, and thanks Bethberry for your help!

Maika, I loved your last post. Just what we need.

Ill do posts for Taralphiel, Laurel, and Cuor now

EDIT: I posted those characters. Maika, Gita may want to reply to Cuor's threatening

Aylwen, if you discuss it with Maika, this may be a chance for Cartil to slip out almost unnnoticed (ie King springs him) Let me know

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 06-15-2003, 02:38 AM   #177
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Great post Annun! I loved it! Also to Maika!

I think I may just have Laurel go with that party. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll post

Herebrand: You're character is being taken over by another Rohan gamer. You must PM me to stop this. I have PM'ed you numerous times, and your character is needed. If you do not reply by Friday, you will lose your character.

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 06-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #178
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just a post to congratulate Cami, and Aylwen on their new positions!! Good stuff!! I may wander into the White Horse soon, if I get my scatterbrained self to figure it out [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2003, 08:14 AM   #179
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi!
I just posted on the game thread, and will be doing so again within the next 48 hours. Hope it's okay. If not, I'll change it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TRR
Old 06-18-2003, 07:23 PM   #180
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

So, did some of the house's group go to save Cartil and some go back to the village? I'm just trying to place where everyone is right now.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:20 PM   #181
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

welcome back TRR!

ok, heres what I plan. A group have gone to the village:

Herebrand
Ohtaredan
Laurel

There they are looking for missing comrades:

Leena
Lanaey
Jesslyn
Ilisit
Galain and Gorath

then they'll double back with whoever they find and save Cartil.

Taralphiel is being kept safe by:

Annanoldowen (who is also tending to Annun)
Rudhchamion
Thagon

I'm taking over Thalion's posts. I also have someone stepping in for Herebrand. But no-one to replace Thagon or Leena.

Anyone who can suggest someone, please do so or they will have to be killed off, which I dont really want to do

Aylwen: Im toying with the idea of Galain and Gorath rescuing you instead. Let me know what you think

Maika and Manan: DO you find Lanaey? If so, you will also be found by Ohtaredan and end up at Havlor's house. Maika, I though Tara and Annanoldowen should have a little chat while they wait for Annun to regain conciousness.

Everyone: I wont be in for a day or so I think, so Id like you all to welcome Cuthalion, who will be playing Herebrabd from now on. If anyone can help him with any questions, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers! Hope that clears everything up!

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 06-19-2003, 05:52 AM   #182
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome Cuth!

Quote:
Aylwen: Im toying with the idea of Galain and Gorath rescuing you instead. Let me know what you think
Rescuing Jess or rescuing Cartil? Cartil is the only one that needs rescuing, so I guess you mean him, right?

Oh yes! One little thing, Taral, I believe it is 'Rohirrim' instead of 'Rohanian'. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 06-19-2003, 07:56 PM   #183
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

yup, its Cartil Im talking about. Though....where is Jess exactly.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And yes, I stand corrected. It is Rohirrim. Figures though, typing at who knows what time *yawns* I'll go find where I put it and correct it.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:21 PM   #184
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Greetings people! Great RP you have here...I'll do my best to blend in. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 11:48 PM   #185
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

TRR: Thanks for helpingt things move along. Lanaey is back in the game [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maika and Manan: Ok, this will mean that if Drass leads you anywhere, it'll be to Havlor's place.

Cuth: I got your PM. It seems your inbox is full. If you would like me to post my suggestions here, let me know.

Ive had a few plans in regards to Thagon. I am setting it up that a stray Wild Man, or maybe even Cuor or Gita will hit with a dart or the like. However, Leena's fate is unknown. I'll take suggestions if anyone has any. If anyone knows someone who could take that character over, that would be even better.

Burzdol: I am sending you a PM in regards to your last post. Your two week absense is almost up.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:03 PM   #186
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Sure, Tara..that would be fine...it seems to stay full...evil thing. I'm ready to jump in.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #187
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Great Cuth. My suggestions are that you jump in following Ihtaredan into the house with Lanaey. Chat to Laurel if you wish, then head out and look for all of your army. They would be your greatest concern. I'd like to have a decent force for later, but probably record some decent casualties. Im about to confirm if Ilisit is among them, so you may have to post about him in the next few posts.

Let me know if anything here confuses you, and I'll try to work it out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #188
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cuthalion: I went back and checked about Herebrand's army. He only once specifies how many he has, and he never mentions it in the actual RPG. So, I think you may have free reign within reason for the numbers. We need a reasonable army, Im thinking hundreds.

I loved the post! Thanks for stepping in!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #189
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] AHH! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I am soo sorry. I forgot about Rohan! I've been so busy with starting one RPG that's short a character, have just begun another that's at a complete standstill, I open a third on Friday, and am just finishing up a fourth in The Shire. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I have a 2 ½ hr. flight tomorrow morning and will be very lucky if I get to use a computer that evening. I cross my heart and hope to die that I will do all I can. Then I promise to catch up and post no later than midnight. I can't post tonight because I have a time limit on the computer and it's just about up. I am really very truly sorry.

-Maikafanawen

[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 06-25-2003, 09:37 PM   #190
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What an act to follow, Maika. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Note: Late this Friday evening I will be going on a road trip/ vacation. I will be gone from June 27th - July 7th.

I think I can trust ya'll to not kill Jess or Cartil without my permission, since I've informed you that I won't be here. If you have any questions about how they'll act, check their profiles on the first page!

Another note: Cartil is in the King Wild Man's Tent, Jess is on the outskirts of Alphirion working her way towards the center of the village.

-Aylwen
Old 06-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #191
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I hope that's OK Manardariel. I was thinking that sometime the horse should probably lead us to the Swan House?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-26-2003, 08:00 PM   #192
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I like the idea Lyra, go ahead!

Ok, we seem to have lost a few people. We'll continue on as best as we can without them.

Anyone stuck? Let me know.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:08 PM   #193
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am sorry everyone, I was out because of a storm.

Taralphiel-I am lost with what is happening in the game now. Could you inform me on what is going on? I read the posts, but I still couldn't figure out what is happening. Thanx.

Burzdol
Old 06-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #194
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I listed before the people who were at Taralphiel's Swan House, and those who were at the Village, that might help.

Both the Village and the House were under attack. Your character was left in charge of the Rohirrim forces (Im assuming a few hundred soldiers) while Herebrand and Ohtaredan were at the Swan House. Laurel was with them, which is why you need to edit her out of your last post.

The battle is now over for the most part. Herebrand, Ohtaredan and Laurel are at the Village, and your comrades are looking for you. There is a list oabove of the others that are also missing. Once you have all been found, you will set off to rescue one who has been kidnapped (Cartil)

Hope that clears everything up.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:20 PM   #195
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cuthalion: I can see how it gets confusing ;P

Okay, the Village is reasonably large, but not enough to hold an army. So, after looking through the streets you would head out to the forest to look. My guess would that they would be in a few smaller bands, still looking for any hiding Wild Men, as Lanaey was doing
Old 06-29-2003, 12:16 PM   #196
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What time of day is it on the game? I had the vague feeling that it was evening, but there's nothing to support that anywhere that I can find!
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-29-2003, 02:56 PM   #197
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Yes! Go me!! I posted!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alright. What next? We find everyone, get back together and send spies (elves) to find out exactly where the wild men are. Then we gather upon that fateful hilltop as the sun rises over the misty horizon for the Final Battle of Alphirion Forest! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is brilliant!!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-29-2003, 08:40 PM   #198
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maika - thank you for saving Annunfuin! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Nice to see he's up again, though a bit weak still.

Lyra, Manardariel - if you'll get to the Swan House soon could you pay a visit to the old Gondorian? Learning about the hardship the girls have been through would surely rouse him: the news from the Swan Village and a reminder of the innocent victims. How's that? Annunfuin may look a bit scary in the girls' eyes at first but know that he really adores children and gladly listens to their chatter and laughter.

Ok then, I'll post as soon as I hear your opinions on this matter.

Oh yes, I'm bit late but: Welcome Cuthalion! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 06-30-2003, 04:23 AM   #199
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I need to find out what time of day it is, then I'm sure we'll be delighted!
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-30-2003, 04:38 AM   #200
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Where Laurel is, its is getting dark. I hope that helps you keep in synch.

Thanks for posting guys, things seem to be going well. As some are catching on, we will be mounting one final attack on the Wild Men, but we need to gather forces before that time comes.

Maika: Where is Gita? I wouldnt mind doing a few Cuor posts with her if you dont mind [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]