The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #161
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofgrod
Glóanna's guilt I was doubting a bit in the end of yesterDay and now I see her even less guilty.
Oh really...how did you get that impression. I see Gloanna falling hook-line-and sinker here. She is pushing for the focus on the Eomi voters, seems like she trying to keep the village looking that way.
I have done some soulsearching with this.

The doubt from the last moments of yesterDay I see as being quite the normal agony a minute before the deadline when one's vote starts to feel too heavy. Everything feels doubtful then. But toDay then? After some looking back I'm starting to believe it was mostly something like a feel good -factor. In the middle of the situation where I once and twice doubted whether everyone was going insane around, she posted most reasonably - and perhaps as the only one who seemed to have gotten my meaning right.

But surely, if she's a wolf and actually fumbled yesterDay she's now making it good very well indeed. And that's to be sure just the thing a wolf-Glóanna could do.

I bringing her back to my list.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #162
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
though personally I'd include Dori somewhere in there. I think his relinquishing of his former anxiety about me is slightly suspicious.~Anguirelshield
Just so you know, I didn't relinquish anything. I've decided to look at other matters today. And I know you don't like it, but depending upon what pans out today, will influence what I think about you tomorrow. I could simply be tempted to vote for you right now, because I have a sneaking suspicion you and Gloanna are working together. That's just from one thing I spotted yesterday, not to mention all this other stuff that has been brought up today.

Hmm...don't know if there's anything else I need to say, my thoughts on people should be pretty clear. Today, I can wait to vote however.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #163
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This is somewhat odd. There seems to be quite a common consent forming around here... Bomburlass is generally accepted as an innocent, Glóanna is a wolf, Valier looks suspicious, Voloin is somewhat suspicious and Nori88 somewhat more to the innocent side... I do share these sentiments at the moment.

Runi freaks me out, and it isn't the first time. So does Meneltarbo Baggins. There is something in these two I just can't get a hold on. Tomorrow, if I'm still here I will have to look at them both more closely.

Also as we have been discussing the Eomi voters toDay I would like us to concentrate a bit on the "early voters" tomorrow. Timezones surely affect the time when one is able to vote but timezones do not make people immune to werewolvery.

ToDay I will probably go for Kath or Glóanna, as yesterDay. But I'll try to get a quick look at both Valier and Voloin too just in case something turns up.

I don't think lynching Beornómien is a good idea. She looks pretty innocent to me, not the least because of the way she acted and reacted at the last moments of yesterDay.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #164
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
This is somewhat odd. There seems to be quite a common consent forming around here... Bomburlass is generally accepted as an innocent, Glóanna is a wolf, Valier looks suspicious, Voloin is somewhat suspicious and Nori88 somewhat more to the innocent side... I do share these sentiments at the moment.
An interesting find. But maybe it's good to have a village that thinks along the same lines, for a change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
because I have a sneaking suspicion you [Ang] and Gloanna are working together. That's just from one thing I spotted yesterday
That is interesting as well. Do you happen to have any proof more than the feeling...?

Quote:
I don't think lynching Beornómien is a good idea.
Oh, me neither...

I might be leaving and voting soon, since it's pretty much not happening anything here. I don't consider it very good passtime sitting in the school library updating the ww-game every two seconds... But then again, it's only 20 minutes to the deadline! Speak up, people! Where are all the votes? Maybe I'll stay, maybe the action's about to begin...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #165
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
ToDay I will probably go for Kath or Glóanna, as yesterDay. But I'll try to get a quick look at both Valier and Voloin too just in case something turns up.~Bofgrod
Clear your mind, do a process of elimination. It makes the decision easier as you don't have 50,000 different theories and possibilities flying around your head when you come to a decision.

Just think who you find suspicious and who you think is innocent. When you do vote, don't even think about the people you think are innocent eliminate them from your mind. Take the suspicious ones, consider a few things like, who you find most suspicious, who you think might be suspicious but it's not worth voting for them today or you're really not sure and find someone else to feel the most wolvish.

Process of elimination right there, get down to a few people, throw out all the other 2 million theories spinning around in your head...that'll make your decision a lot easier. Trust me it works.

Edit: x-posted with Thinlo
Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #166
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I think I should have voted Kitanna after all. She has failed to answer the accusations directed at her
I've been in this situation so many times before that I know when my own grave is dug and I don't feel the need to make it any deeper.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I've been in this situation so many times before that I know when my own grave is dug and I don't feel the need to make it any deeper.
Interesting reaction, I must say... What is one supposed to make of it?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #168
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Interesting reaction, I must say... What is one supposed to make of it?
Whatever you want Nogrod.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #169
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Beornomien:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
because I have a sneaking suspicion you [Ang] and Gloanna are working together. That's just from one thing I spotted yesterday
That is interesting as well. Do you happen to have any proof more than the feeling...?
On Day 1 I said this about Anguirelshield and Gloanna:
Quote:
Quote:
It is unusual, and perhaps a sign of all our grizzled Werewolf experience, for Gloanna to be highlighted as a suspect this early; as a wolf she usually evades trouble. I wonder if that's a sign we are operating on a mistaken basis?~Lord Anguirelshield
This reminds me all too much of the time when Valier and my ancestors were wolves working together.

When my grand-daddy was gathering some suspicion Valier made a brilliant move of trying to get suspicion away from me by saying...'I've noticed Boro likes to insult people when he's a wolf. I haven't seen him insulting anyone so far.' This was a brilliant move to get suspicion away from me, and as it would turn out the wolves did destroy the village.

This comment Lord Anguirelshield makes about Gloanna reminds me all too much of that.
(From post 72)
Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #170
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Is this a confession? An efficient defense by an innocent villager (or a wolf ) can save her. I think, Kitanna, that if you were more convinced of your own innocence, you wouldn't be giving up that easily...

++Kitanna

If someone's forgotten my resoning, check post 158.

edit: xed with Boro
I see, I'm sorry, I had totally forgotten about that post of yours...
edit2: just realised I xed with Kit and Nog too...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-11-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #171
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just a few thought on Voloin...

Voloin has a strange liking to looking at signs (in #21 he questions Boro’s signs and toDay showed points on Spawn giving a sign to her twin). Now who would be on the read with these if not a wolf?

His vote for Eomi came quite out of the blue – attaching Valier-note from very early in the game. Looked fabricatedly helpful but felt dubious.

He does actually defend Kath quite consistently, but made this comment on #113 after Kathin still went on woth that myself flip-flopping thing (which I still don't understand).
Quote:
You're slipping again, Balth, Thilórn will probably try voting you also today...
Hmm...

Not so much I would like to vote him toDay, but he really bears watching tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #172
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Is this a confession?
I was thinking the same...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #173
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Kitanna –> Volo
Farael –> Farael
Valier –> Lommy
Durelin –> Kath
Nilp –> Kitanna
Rune –> Valier
Holby –> Lommy (Volo1, Farael1, Lommy2, Kath1, Kitanna1, Valier1)
Menel -> Kitanna (Volo1, Farael1, Lommy2, Kath1, Kitanna2, Valier1)
Lommy -> Kitanna (Volo1, Farael1, Lommy2, Kath1, Kitanna3, Valier1)

Also noticing that Kitanna made quite a safe vote as the Day's first and is back to see how things go, I'm tempted to take that one as a declaration of guilt.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #174
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

One quick question is this day going to end 10:30 world clock time? Or 10:30 screwy down's clock time?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #175
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

In five minutes, I think.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #176
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
One quick question is this day going to end 10:30 world clock time? Or 10:30 screwy down's clock time?
According to the clock Oddwen post on the admin thread.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #177
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I fear there's going to be a wee bunch of no-voters toDay...

edit: I'm probably misusing the word "wee".... I checked and means quite the contrary I thought it means. I was trying to say there will be lots and too much of no-voters today, not few nor did I imply it's nice to have so much of them.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-11-2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: see post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #178
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I think this is safe from someone sticking their hands in and screwing up...

++Gloanna
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #179
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I have too little time to sit here, didn't examine today's talk too carefully and so my vote will probably be based on public opinions too much.

Ah, I'm all too confused. There are several players I don't wan't to vote, but half of the village is suspicious to me.

Nogrod, he doesn't look wolfish, he is a big help and I'm pretty sure that the seer has either already checked him or will check him soon. Just like he himself said about Boromir88, such wolves are for the seer to catch. I trust both names here.

The two that look somewhat suspicious, but not to the extent of being lynched are Kath and Thinlómien.
Kath has made a few slips, but if she's a wolf, she's a really good one, and that seems to be the reason people want to lynch her.
Lommy, somehow she hasn't been too useful so far, she doesn't look like a wolf, maybe she goes after her father in being a good wolf...
Ok, I don't think of those two as wolves, for now. (Not enough time to analyse better.)

I'll join the bandwagon for ++Kitanna, even though there are too many I find suspicious.

EDIT: X:d with everything from post 171.

Last edited by Volo; 01-11-2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Not Kittana, Kitanna... And X:d with several.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I guess the last posts of her nailed her. At least to me.

++ Glóanna

(Should have done this yesterDay already)

One minute to go according to my clock.

Let's hope we have it right this time.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #181
Kitanna
Child of the West

A confession indeed.

I will say this, it seems whenever my ancestors have played with Boromir's he's been utterly convinced I've been a wolf and made sure I was the lynched one (innocent I might add). Yet when the game ends his ancestor remains standing, having led his fanged friends to victory. Keep that in mind.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well Kitanna, difference be, this time I'm not fanged so does this mean...this time you're not innocent?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #183
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
VOTING HAS ENDED

Death to follow shortly

(I apologize for the lateness, there were issues.)

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #184
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The votes were in, and Glóanna daughter of Gróanna was to be lynched.

She sighed resignatedly. "Just one favor I ask," she pleaded. "If the Innocents come out of this victorious, will someone please look after my child Gimli? He wanted to come, but I didn't let him."

They agreed, and they plaited a rope out of their party hoods. They hung her just before the shadows disappeared into the lack of sun, and they stared at her unchanged body as the stars came out.

"Drat," they said, and buried her next to the others.

"We're running out of stones," muttered Thorin.

"We'll manage," reassured his followers.

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Kathin
Voloin
Dori88
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bofgrod
Bomburlass
Farael the Deathless

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two

NIGHT three has now begun. I please need names from the Wolves, Seer, Hunter and Protector.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #185
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Three wolves crept silently across Beornó's hall, each with stolen tools clutched in their paws, whispering and snickering to themselves. They would be giggling, but it is kind of hard when you have precious little lips to speak of.

"Should we kill them with the hammer, or the chisel?" one of them asked the others.

"Or should we rip his heart out?" asked another.

"You shall not do anything to this one," came another voice, one that was definitely not wolvish.

"Aw, a brave one," they sneered. "We'll fix you!"

"Maybe," he said.

He fought them off for a long while, silently, amazingly, but in the end one of the wolves crept up behind him and stove (stoved?) his head in with a hammer. At this, the house finally started waking, and the wolves hurriedly hid and changed.

They didn't have to feign amazement or shock, but they did feign respect when the body of Durin the Dead-full was found with a smile on his face.

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Kathin
Voloin
Dori88
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bofgrod
Bomburlass

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two
Farael the Deathless (Protector), crushed with a hammer protecting his choice on NIGHT three

Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #186
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, we lost our protector but he did his job well!! Great praises to Farael!! We don't know who the wolves meant to kill but it makes sense that it was someone that Farael thought to be innocent. So that can give us a possibly known innocent to help narrow things down.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #187
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOddwen
"Should we kill them with the hammer, or the chisel?" one of them asked the others.

"Or should we rip his heart out?" asked another.
I just saw this.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #188
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is becoming a dismal round of apologies for me. I can't believe I missed the vote. Blast.

Farael abandoned his propensity for strongly-emphasised individual duels this game - perhaps because of the responsibility his role carried. It is a strange errand, a sort of mixture of Cobbler and Rangerdom.

Things are now getting dangerous and the Three are still unscathed, but we still have some time. I'd advise the Seer to stay hidden unless he or she fears they will be next to go - and depending, of course, on the quality of their information.

Poor Gloanna. I do wonder if she was right about Dori - certainly the wolves at the moment are doing well enough to be consistent with the view that he was one of them.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #189
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Farael's post aren't helpful, there was only 5. A couple of first Day jokes and a couple about his lynch plan and then a vote for himself. hhm, too bad the adventure(RL) has been a bit rough on him.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #190
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Also, I'm interested to see that Gloanna's valediction was miscontructed by some as a confession. I'm going to be looking at those posts, and I'll try to see which conclusions were jumped to, and why.

Bofgrod and Beorn were the two main "confession" proponents, Bofgrod more emphatically and to my mind more suspiciously, easing the way for Beorn to vote for Gloanna.

Finally, I was startled by Voloin's remarkably naive comment about Dori and Bofgrod - "such wolves are for the Seer to catch." We can't let a name and reputation alone act as a shield! Might these two and Voloin constitute our villains, I wonder?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #191
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Good job Farael!

I doubt that anything was ment by the them and his part that Holby points out. . .if anything it just means that there was farael and the person protected.

anyways I will return in a lot of hours with some proper material for you guys.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #192
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Let's get down to business here...

Anguirelshield, you are in a hot seat let me tell you. Actually you are very crafty, I kick myself for not noticing it earlier. What you've done is quite smart, you've objected to both of our lynchings...Eomi and Gloanna. As it turns out they were both innocent, which makes you look pretty smart. You were right we were wrong. But I said it makes you look smart.

See only a wolf would know who's innocent and who's not, so it's fairly easy for them to come out and object to a lynching. And also what you've done is pretty much criticize every decision we've made. Besides pointing suspicion at me, all you've done is criticize are lynchees. Instead of offering who we should go after these last two days, you vote for me and you have one no vote, but you are quite good at criticizing are decisions.

Definitely a very smart move for a wolf, it seems like you're helpful and you're good to keep around as you've been right on two instances. But it's a clever wolf ploy...you see? While you're not really saying much at all besides the fact that you've disagreed with the two lynchings we've made. While not offering much of anything else as far as who we should lynch. See you haven't even stepped out and cried for my lynching, you've simply stayed in the back and needled suspicion at me...like you're doing right now:
Quote:
Poor Gloanna. I do wonder if she was right about Dori - certainly the wolves at the moment are doing well enough to be consistent with the view that he was one of them.
And exactly Anguirel, what do you think the wolves are doing? You say they are consistant with me being one of them, but just stop there. Come on, expand a bit, what is it that the wolves are doing?

I will give you credit as today you've stepped out to finally put some names out there for consideration...instead of indirectly needling me and criticizing our lynchings. Hmm a wolf gaining a bit of confidence to step out of the den, I wonder?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #193
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I have to say that a wolf objecting to innocents being lynched is very basic wolf stradegy, not to say that it is not being used. I am just pointing out that it is not like a extremely inteligent plan that only a genieus could think of.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #194
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well I feel better today and I am still confused about this village. So we have left...

Lommy
Menel
Ang
Kath
Volo
Boro
Rune
Durelin
Nilp
Nog
Holby
Valier

Ok now people I am unsure of are....
Menel
Kath
Durelin
Nilp

People I have suspicion of
Nogrod
Rune
Ang

Innocent?
Volo
Holby
Boro
Lommy

Ok so as for my suspicions Nogrod is on the top. I just think something is fishy with him. His behavior towards the end of the day with Kitanna, would make him look innocent as it would Lommy. I am more inclined to think Lommy innocent over Nogrod. Yes I said I suspected her, but she is quite calm and I do think that that is because she is innocent. Nog seems to be pushing towards people I believe to be innocent, so it makes me think he is a wolf trying to get us Ordos to kill off all
our own people. Now Rune and Ang I can find less about. I just have a feeling I guess about these two....just too helpful maybe? I'm not sure yet.

I shall be here for awhile reading and then it's off to work. I will be back later in the day.

X-ed with Boro and Rune
Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #195
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro - With your reasoning regarding Ang, I get the feeling you're grasping for something...and that's all you can grab hold of. So, he's been "right" on two occasions...because he hasn't suspected two people? Considering the number of people to suspect, not suspecting a couple of innocent people doesn't exactly point to "oh, they know."

Ang might well be a wolf, but I'm surprised that such reasoning as this is all you have to go after him. Makes me wonder if we're dealing with the usual Boro here or not...

Personally, right now I feel I can trust Ang. Nogrod seems himself, too...but I know he's very crafty. He's drawn a good bit of attention to himself, and I can see him being a wolf "on the edge," but I don't feel like that's the case. (From the stories, I think his ancestors are more suspected when they're innocent...but I don't know.)

And, I'm kinda with Ang...not on criticizing, really, but saying that the focus has been too concentrated. But that's natural, isn't it? You have to start somewhere.

Kath still worries me.

Volo's vote really bugs me. He does his best to sound extremely uncertain, but then adds a vote for someone who already has two votes.

Why? I know spreading the voting is bad, but if you're really unsure, at least just vote for someone who only has one vote. Was he really suspicious of Kitanna at all until people started voting for her?

Quote:
I'll join the bandwagon for ++Kitanna, even though there are too many I find suspicious.
No, he's suspicious of half the village...but naturally he has to vote for Kitanna. If he truly thought her suspicious, or just thought she was the best bet, I can understand that. But all he had to do was be straightforward about that. And he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Things are now getting dangerous and the Three are still unscathed, but we still have some time. I'd advise the Seer to stay hidden unless he or she fears they will be next to go - and depending, of course, on the quality of their information.
About the dangerousness of the situation and the seer...in the best case scenario, the seer will know two wolves and an innocent who's still alive...and somehow I doubt that. But even three innocents would be helpful...if the people he/she dreamed of aren't dead already. *sigh* Yeah, I don't think we should rely on our seer, regardless of how "good" they are at their job.

Glad your feeling better, Valier! Now I can suspect you, too, without feeling guilty.

Okay...I have a crazy plan! I say we forget everyone we suspect, and just look over the list again of who's still alive. Pick out a person who no one has suspected and you basically forgot about, and vote for them.

Personally, I think we have a better chance that way, especially at this point.

And it might be fun?

I might go with that and vote for Menel, but I also think I even have a reason now that I think about it! I always like to go after people who say just enough, and just enough stuff that seems helpful, that they don't get noticed. To me, Menel falls into this category really well. His presence has been maintained just enough...but not enough to get him in trouble. I have a feeling our wolves are all lying low this game, because they haven't had to do anything to protect themselves yet.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #196
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I don't want to turn today into a trial of my guilt or innocence, as I know that that would be a complete waste of time better spent pursuing actual wolves. Naturally, Nori, I do not expect you to believe me.

However I must echo Rune's point that your accusation doesn't add up in this particular:

1. You think you've spotted me as a wolf because I've been right about two innocents

2. You say you think I've been "very crafty"

I agree with Rune that blabbing about innocent villagers would be exceedingly dim of a wolf. You can't have it both ways, Nori88 - accuse me of stupidity, but don't accuse me of cunning.

I flip-flopped on Gloanna, actually, to my annoyance in retrospect. I should have defended her properly, and voting would have helped as well...

So I haven't actually given unqualified support to both of the lynched innocents. Which means, I suppose, I could still be a cunning wolf.

If you are a wolf, Nori88, you're getting surprisingly hot under the collar - you've been known to behave with more savoir-faire - so I'm willing to grant you a stay of execution. I still think that statement of Voloin's was extraordinary, and that he is probably a wolf working with you or Bofgrod, but I now doubt that it's both of you.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #197
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Runi, well I never said only a genius wolf was capable of it, I said it was a clever ploy.

Orilin and Anguirelshield, both of you have grossly twisted my words. It's not about the fact you were right about two innocents. We all have our own we consider to be innocent, some are right and some are wrong.

The fact is Anguirelshield is you have been critical on the two lynchings we've made, whilst not proposing what to do. You've stayed back to needle suspicion at me, but have not come up with any further proposals except to criticize the lynchings we've made. The importance is not that you were right about two innocents, the fact is you've opposed the lynching of those two innocents, yet have not stepped out to add anything as to what we should do.

I also disagree with your use of Runi, it seems like you're using him as a crutch to help you stand up. All Runi said is I have a point just that any basic wolf could use the strategy, doesn't have to be a cunning wolf. Which I agree with, I never said it takes a genius wolf to do, it's just a smart move.

Quote:
I agree with Rune that blabbing about innocent villagers would be exceedingly dim of a wolf. You can't have it both ways, Nori88 - accuse me of stupidity, but don't accuse me of cunning.~Anguirelshield
It's funny how you're adding words and meaning to Runi's 3 sentence post to further your argument. Runi didn't talk anything about going on about innocent villagers was a dim movie...he simply said any basic wolf could use the strategy I was talking about. Who said anything about blabbing on about innocents was a dumb move? I didn't, nobody did, that's something you just came up with. It seems like you are trying to convince others that it's far too stupid to be a wolf move, not going to work against me Anguirelshield.

Quote:
Boro - With your reasoning regarding Ang, I get the feeling you're grasping for something...~Orilin
Better than nothing. When I first entered today there was nothing about trying to find wolves...just a bunch of bilge about Farael's sacrifice. Sorry if I'm the one here trying to work to catching wolves and not lamenting over the dead.

With that out of the way Orilin, what you said about Voloin is probably the most reasonable and sensical thing I've read all day.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #198
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

The wolves' most deadly weapon, my friends, is consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofgrod
There seems to be quite a common consent forming around here... Bomburlass is generally accepted as an innocent, Glóanna is a wolf, Valier looks suspicious, Voloin is somewhat suspicious and Nori88 somewhat more to the innocent side... I do share these sentiments at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voloin
Nogrod, he doesn't look wolfish, he is a big help and I'm pretty sure that the seer has either already checked him or will check him soon. Just like he himself said about Boromir88, such wolves are for the seer to catch. I trust both names here.
Unintentionally or through ingenious subtlety, these two players here both encourage a kind of defeatism, suggesting that certain suspects are off-limits, not to be worried about, safe to assume about. That worries me.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #199
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ahhh I see what you are saying Ang. I saw this post of Nogs and thought along the same lines (well in different words) But I did miss Volos. Now I see what makes him so suspicious. This could be a gifted ploy though to try and leave hints incase they die. Hmmmmmm
Old 01-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #200
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Nori, like Gloanna I am too exhausted to argue with you, and I would not be that surprised if my fate turned out to be similar.

As it happens, I do have some positive action I'd like to pursue - a closer look at Bomburlass. However, at the moment I intend to vote for Volo.

I think that you, Nori, are probably innocent, if blinkered, because of the force with which you're pressing your case. But I would enjoy lynching you a lot, so my eye won't stray from your fabulous oratory...