Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #32
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Oh, not to worry, Alak. I was concerned you might feel too much pressure from the combined suggestions of Kransha and myself and I wanted you to feel free to make your own decisions about your character.

I really like the way Firefoot and Aywlen have created very different personalities for the Royal Children. But everyone has done a splendid job and I am very excited to be gaming with all of you. Fordim, you are much to be congratulated for inspiring a formidable group of talented writers with a fascinating scenario.

Bekah was fourteen at the time of the arranged marriage, so she is now thirty-nine If anyone thinks this is too young, I'll make her fifteen and now forty. Middle age! A time for self-reflection and self-appraisal.

Fordim, I have a question which concerns elements of the Legendarium rather than character so I assume it is okay with you to ask this here. What kind of time span in the mannish lives are we looking at? Are the Pastians long lived, like Western men used to be? Or are we looking at the usual historical range of medieval humans, being at the most 50 to 55 years on average. (actually, I think it is closer to 45.) Clearly with the question of limiting Avari service to 99 years, and having very long lived elves in Pashtia, the nature of human mortality might become a significant consideration here. Not necessarily, but maybe.Or maybe not.

This is all just so cool. And I have reached my smilie limit and so I cannot use the cool or smokin' smilies.

See y'all on the game thread!