The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Aragorn and Arwen: More than kissing?

Note that this thread is meant to be a mature discussion regarding Aragorn's and Arwen's relationship.

When watching the movies, this old wizard noted that Aragorn hung around Arwen's room a bit, and I think that they kissed while in the prone position. He seemed quite at ease around her and her room. Is one then to assume that while Aragorn was in Rivendell that he and Arwen were intimate?

If so, then to me this is another difference from the books. Is this a modernization by PJ for the 'younger than me' viewers who expect this to be shown or at least implied in movies today? I assumed that A&A may have held hands and shared a secret kiss or two, but that would have been about it - this is fantasy, and anything else usually happens after the end of the movie or is at least completely off-screen.

Again, if so, then how did 'Dad' aka Elrond feel about this? Was this why he wanted Aragorn out of the house, Arwen out of Middle Earth and the whole thing to end?

If A&A were already lovers, then what was stopping them from just eloping and living out their days in obscurity (or at least until Sauron turned the world to darkness)?

After re-viewing the same, something just didn't seem right - then again, maybe it's just that I'm old... .
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote