Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #561
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Now, what would happen if Alli lures Mardil someplace and Eomer shoots him with a crossbow, killing him? Any thoughts?
Bingo. You notice that Mario is back alive (I hope you did) and showed no traces of lycanthropy.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #562
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Bingo. You notice that Mario is back alive (I hope you did) and showed no traces of lycanthropy.
Hm... *thinks on political and personal relationship implications for sequel*

Okay. 'Mer, would you like to come up with the idea and pose it to Alli? Mind, you might have to fight through Alli's hangover in order to get the point across...
Old 02-21-2006, 05:55 AM   #563
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Whatever works best for the actual players. I'd better read the thread again to make sure I know what's happening.

And it wasn't really lycanthropy that made me want to kill Mario.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #564
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
And it wasn't really lycanthropy that made me want to kill Mario
Of course not, love, it was just the excuse I gave you to do it. And look on the bright side... You get to do it again in ATM2.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #565
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Is the phantom going to post? Do we get to see into the mind of Werewolf-Mardil?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #566
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If he doesn't want to post now, he could have flashbacks once he comes back to life to explain what was up. 'Course it's always fun seeing him post.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #567
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If I were to post as Werewolf-Mardil, it would be something like this...

Grrrrrr! Aaarggghh!! Rrraaahhhh!!

I think that your views of Mardil would be far more interesting.

But, seriously, I suppose after you have done whatever it is to Mardil you are going to do, I could rehash the whole thing from W-Mardil perspective.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #568
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'll have a think about it, and probably post tomorrow. Anything you'd like me to touch on would be appreciated. *read: I don't have a clue what I'm going to say*

I'm thinking, the relationship between Mardil and Alli.

Anyway, I would have thought Mardil would make a rather sophisticated and coherent Werewolf.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #569
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Alli, once she wakes up, is NOT going to want to kill Mardil. If she was lucid, she'd remember that he'd come back to life anyhow, but she's not lucid and she thinks she's in love. Sort of. She's a girl. It's confusing. She likes Aimè better though, since he didn't hold a knife to her throat in an SUV.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #570
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So Alli won't be involved in the fight at all? If she doesn't want Mardil to die then she can't go near him or he'll be able to kill her.

You want to be a classic damsel-in-distress looking on, don't you?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #571
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Anyway, I would have thought Mardil would make a rather sophisticated and coherent Werewolf.
Heh. Okay, I suppose that could be amusing. Instead of Werewolf-Mardil being a mindless beast, make him a very evil human with wolfish features.

When writing his character, think "What would Phantom-Wolf do in this situation?" After all, it was the phantom who bit him, so it stands to reason Mardil would take after him.

As far as adding drama and looking for a way to kill him, remember this from Werewolf XII, Erbar Telamarth-
Quote:
Phantom destroyed countless villages over the next two years, but, suddenly and unexpectedly, the man inside triumphed over the werewolf and Phantom cast the evil spirit from his own body- something no werewolf had ever done.
I think it makes sense to remember Barrow-Downs history when dealing with a Barrow-Downs based anachronism. Perhaps the phantom passed on to Mardil not only the curse of the werewolf, but also the ability to fight it more than others.

For instance, the fiendish Werewolf-Mardil might manage to gain the upper hand in the struggle (toss the Hunter's weapons away and stun him) and have Alli at his mercy, but at this critical time maybe Mardil could put the brakes on his wolvish side for just long enough for the Hunter to snatch up his crossbow and kill him.

That might provide some drama. It would allow for a fight, give Werewolf-Mardil an opportunity to gloat over his victory in an arrogant Phantomish sort of way, allow Alli the chance to be confused about her thoughts (I like this guy, but he's about to kill me), and give Eomer the chance to make a difficult crossbow shot (maybe Eomer could be trapped beneath something and so can't move to get a better shot, and Alli is between him and Mardil, and so Eomer must squeeze off a shot within an inch of Alli's head/neck/chest in order to hit Mardil).
Old 02-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #572
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Heh. Okay, I suppose that could be amusing. Instead of Werewolf-Mardil being a mindless beast, make him a very evil human with wolfish features.
Sorry to put the kabosh on this, but the Blue Istari have purposefully made him of animal mind.

Quote:
I think it makes sense to remember Barrow-Downs history when dealing with a Barrow-Downs based anachronism. Perhaps the phantom passed on to Mardil not only the curse of the werewolf, but also the ability to fight it more than others.
I'm not putting the kabosh on this.

Quote:
For instance, the fiendish Werewolf-Mardil might manage to gain the upper hand in the struggle (toss the Hunter's weapons away and stun him) and have Alli at his mercy, but at this critical time maybe Mardil could put the brakes on his wolvish side for just long enough for the Hunter to snatch up his crossbow and kill him.
Juuuuust long enough.

Quote:
That might provide some drama. It would allow for a fight, give Werewolf-Mardil an opportunity to gloat over his victory in an arrogant Phantomish sort of way, allow Alli the chance to be confused about her thoughts (I like this guy, but he's about to kill me), and give Eomer the chance to make a difficult crossbow shot (maybe Eomer could be trapped beneath something and so can't move to get a better shot, and Alli is between him and Mardil, and so Eomer must squeeze off a shot within an inch of Alli's head/neck/chest in order to hit Mardil).
In all of this, remember that the Blue Istari have rendered Mardil virtually animal of mind, with the human deeply buried. Not that there can't be a fleeting moment of self-control, but nothing so double-personed as the movie's version of Gollum/Smeagol; not even Tolkien's version.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #573
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Aye aye, chief.

Well, you heard him, Hunter and Seer. Hop to it. I'm leaving the writing of this part to you.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #574
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm rather liking what y'all have planned. Count Alli in as the hung-over helpless beauty. Maybe she'll fight past her nasty headache long enough to plead to the ever-so-powerful-and-totally-winning Mardil about how he's not an evil person... how there is still a drop of humanity... how she... loves [?]... him.

Maybe not.

Maybe Illamatar could show up and add some spice. That's always fun.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #575
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Save filled; a tribute to the irresistibility of bad boys.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #576
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I've filled my save.

It looks like it could be either Fea's or Panakeia's turn, or whoever wants to post.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #577
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Somebody else can have it.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #578
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Erm.... do I need to take it? Nudge nudge.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #579
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Erm.... do I need to take it? Nudge nudge.
You're not currently involved in a Werewolf game, so I'd say yes.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #580
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I haven't forgotten about ATM!

Between current school scheduling issues, ongoing family issues, and the latest Werewolf installment, I haven't really had the chance to come up with something for Panakeia yet. I'll probably have something on Sat or Mon afternoon (have to work Sunday)... I can follow anyone who wants to post before then.

I need a vacation.

Last edited by Celuien; 03-01-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #581
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay. Not tonight though. Hm... Maybe tomorrow, early afternoon.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #582
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, we'll expect a post from Fea next, in which Mardil should come back to life as a non-werewolf.

Then Celuien will follow with a post in which Anakron turns into a werewolf, and everybody knows what to do so Anakron is quickly dispatched.

I'll write the next post, in which Anakron comes back to life, and FINALLY recounts Mardil's score and whether he passes the Tests.

What I've written above is the skeleton of the plot. Put whatever meat and sinew and flesh on it that you wish.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #583
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

My class ran more than an hour over (into the time I'd planned to write with) and I've got another in a few minutes. Tonight I've got to do all of my homework for tomorrow and Monday since I'm leaving town for the weekend. Sorry everyone, but I really can't write anything except essays until at least Monday.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #584
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

No problem. Celuien, if you post before Fea, feel free to cover the "plot skeleton" that I outlined for both you and Fea, okay?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #585
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
No problem. Celuien, if you post before Fea, feel free to cover the "plot skeleton" that I outlined for both you and Fea, okay?
Sure will. I'm hoping to have something up Saturday.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #586
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry if it seems I've forgotten about ATM. I have not. I simply feel like that only thing left for Valde is one post to wrap things up, and it seems everyone is not done with some plot stuffs, so I thought I would wait a little before my final post. I do hope that's alright...I probably should have asked, but hey, no one's yelling at me yet...
Old 03-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #587
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

That's because there's no reason to yell at you. Your perceptions are accurate, Durelin. If anything, I should apologize to you for not clarifying what is needed from you from here on out.

So I'm sorry.

And to clarify: those who are not directly involved in this little coda about Mardil, Alli, Aimé, Anakron and Panakeia, please hang on and be prepared to do your wrap up post when I let you know that we've finally finished the coda.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #588
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Whatever you say boss. Still got to think up a poem to get J Lo's backside back on her anyway.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #589
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
An ending? Bah, this Fléin character, so demanding.

Best think of something at least marginally interesting.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #590
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shorty, should there be some conclusion about the Fléin-Wilhelmina relationship?
Old 03-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #591
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sorry Encai... I'm afraid Fléin has moved on. He's with Ketchupkin now.

Anyway, there was actually a relationship?
Old 03-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #592
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
No worries, man. I'm sure Wilhelmina won't be offended.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #593
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Question

Wow, Celuien! You even got my lip quivering for the guy!

So now what? How does one get the Anakronist Conveyor back to life without the Anakronist Conveyor around to do it? Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

??????

Hmmmm.... maybe it's time for a deus ex machina?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #594
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Perhaps the two Istari?
Old 03-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #595
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Wow, Celuien! You even got my lip quivering for the guy!
Well, we can't let Panakeia fall for the Grand Anakronist, then have him go and die on her without a little melodrama, can we? Especially when those lines from The Wolf Man are out there.

Hmm, Istari, Deus ex Machina, I can't think of anything else. I guess the Istari would make sense, being that they started the Dweomer in the first place.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #596
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Istari, Deus ex Machina
We could just merge the two and get Duo ex Machina?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #597
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Snicker, tigi2ubeyes.

Um, Panakeia could pick up the Dweomer staff and become the next Anakron, leaving her dour with the sudden death of her new boyfriend...

Nah.

Blue Istari and Duo Ex Machinae make sense to me. Who wants to write it? You want me to? If nobody claims it in the next 24 hours then I'll write it.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #598
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Um, Panakeia could pick up the Dweomer staff and become the next Anakron, leaving her dour with the sudden death of her new boyfriend...

Nah.
Double nah. She's far too distracted right now to think of any doing such thing. Hmm. I hope the scene wasn't too depressing.

Looking forward to seeing how Anakron is going to get out of this.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #599
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm back, PS and by the way. Do y'all want Illamatar to fix this, or is it all under control?

Great post, also. Amusing and heart-wrenching.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #600
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Go ahead. Make my day. Have Illamatar one-up the Blue Istari. Just as long as Anakron is alive and well by the end of your post, Fea.