The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
Airerûthiel
Wight

Airerûthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril TTT soundtrack lyrics

On the soundtrack to The Two Towers, there are lyrics available to three songs (a bit poor compared to the five in Fellowship, but still not too bad considering). These are 'The Ents' (which is in Sindarin), 'Gollum's Song' (played over the end credits), and 'The Missing' (translated from Old English and presumably about Éowyn).<P>What I'm asking is this: Which song are the lyrics to 'The Missing' in? I'm pretty sure that The Ents is in either 'Treebeard' (track 10) or 'Isengard Unleashed' (track 17). I don't think that second option is that likely, but if anyone else thinks different, feel free to post. With regards to 'The Missing', I think it may be in 'Breath Of Life' (track 14).<P>If anyone knows where these songs are on the soundtrack, please reply to this message or contact me via PM. Thanks in advance for your help
Old 03-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

'The Ents' can be found in the song 'Isengard Unleashed', as can 'Haldir's Lament'. 'The Missing' is featured in the song 'Helm's Deep'. Here are the lyrics:<P><I>Héo naefre wacode dægréd <BR>Tó bisig mid dægeweorcum <BR>Ac oft héo wacode sunnanwanung <BR>Ðonne nihtciele créap geond móras <BR>And on ðaere hwile <BR>Héo dréag ðá losinga [3.26] <BR>Earla ðinga ðe héo forléas. [3.35] <BR>Héo swá oft dréag hire sáwle sincende <BR>Héo ne cúðe hire heortan lust.</I><P>And the translation:<P>'She never watched the morning rising,<BR>Too busy with the day's first chores,<BR>But oft she would watch the sun's fading,<BR>As the cold of night crept across the moors.<BR>And in that moment<BR>She felt the loss<BR>Of everything that had been missed.<BR>So used to feeling the spirit sink,<BR>She had not felt her own heart's wish.'<P>I hope this helped.<P><A HREF="http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack_ttt.htm" TARGET=_blank>Source</A><p>[ March 10, 2003: Message edited by: Rynoah, the Overly-Happy ]
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:47 AM   #3
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I think that "The Missing" is in Helms Deep or The Hornburg?!
Old 03-30-2003, 12:37 AM   #4
Aragorn_the_Ranger
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn_the_Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have the lyrics to The Abyss, The Call, Entmoot, The Ents, The Fallen, The Fight, Gollum’s Song, The King and The Missing.<BR>If anyone wants them you'll have to give something in return that is related to LotR or anything Tolkien...like documents, mp3's and so forth...I guarantee you will not find these lyrics anywhere else as I got them from an Assistant Producer who worked on 'The Lord of the Rings'.
Aragorn_the_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote