Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting My Crow Management - Discussion

The Barrow-Wight invites you to play: My Crow Management

Basic Storyline:

The master of Orthanc is aware that the One Ring was brought to Imladris, but he does not know when it left the hidden valley or where it now is. To find it, Saruman has sent out spies in many guises, including Men and beasts. Our story will chronicle the search for the Fellowship of the Ring by a large flock of crebain.

The birds will leave Isengard and progress steadily northward up the western reaches the Misty Mountains. Along they way they will explore the terrain, searching mountain passes and ancient ruins in hope of finding their target. Once they find the Fellowship, they will at once turn and race for Isengard. The story will end when the main character reports back to Saruman.

Starting Location: Isengard

Likely destination: Hollin (returning to Isengard)

Timeframes:

i) This game occurs at the same time the Fellowship of the Ring was moving toward and through Hollin.
ii) The quest itself covers no more than 30 Middle-earth days.
iii) This game requires a time commitment of about two months from the major players and me, though I expect it will end sooner than that.

Characters:

All characters will be crebain (crows). I will play the lead crebain who works directly for Saruman. Other characters will be in my flock. The game will start when we have three players, including me. Membership will close when we have six players.

The Main Character:

Akaaw has lived more than eight years but is still the strongest bird in his flock. He was raised from the egg by the hand of Saruman himself, and his continued vigor is evidence that the power of the wizard is with him. He stands nearly 20” tall and his wingspan is nearly 50”. He is solid black except for a white streak on each shoulder.

Akaaw has ruled Saruman’s flock for several years since defeating the last leader, and he is generally respected by most of the birds around him. Some of the younger crebain have intentions to replace him soon, and a few hope this new assignment will provide the perfect opportunity. Akaaw is aware of their aspirations and is prepared to fight to retain his position. He is feeling old, but he is not ready to go to roost just yet.

The First Post:

Akaaw woke suddenly from a deep slumber, shivering in the freezing autumn air. He was momentarily confused in the darkness that surrounded him, but the warm bodies of the flock calmed him and he soon realized where he was. Normally he did not rise before the sun tinged the sky, and he wondered why he was now awake. Perhaps he had heard something. He raised his head slowly and looked around, but the blackness continued to press in on him. The flock rustled quietly in the trees, but no other bird was awake. He returned his head beneath his wing and slowly started to drift off to sleep again.

Soon he was roused again, but this time he was sure he had heard something. Like before, the hundreds of crebain around him slept still, but there was something different in the air this time. A soft breeze carried a strangely familiar sound among the trees, like music being played on a pipe far away. The sound triggered a thought in his small, feathered head, and he suddenly realized what it was that had alerted him out of his sleep. It was a summons.

Without disturbing those around him, he pushed himself off from his nest and spread his long wings to catch the air beneath him. The ground rushed up quickly, but with one strong push of his wings he shot upwards toward the sky. Soon he was past the treetops and could finally see where he was going.

Beneath him, Akaaw could see the dark canopy of the forest that occupied the northern end of the ring of Isengard. The trees to the south were systematically being pulled down by Saruman’s orcs, but here they still stood thick and tall. Rising up in their midst was the great tower of Orthanc. Its lofty shape was darker than the night air around it, and it made an easy landmark to fly to. Again the summons came, but this time it was such a strong sensation that it seemed as if the wizard had actually spoken to him within his skull. Akaaw increased his speed.

Soon, features of the tower became apparent, and the great crow swooped down toward a high balcony near its summit. There, gleaming in the darkness as if by his own inner light, Saruman the White stood with arm outstretched. Akaaw declined the offered perch, and instead alighted on the iron railing upon which the wizard leaned. He croaked a greeting to his master.

“Akaaw, my beautiful servant”, whispered Saruman to the bird, gently stroking its dark, downy crown. “You are oh so strong and ever faithful. Thank you for coming at such an early hour.”

Akaaw did not speak the language, which the wizard now used, but he did recognize it as that used by the dark-haired men of the plains, and he understood many of its words. Saruman always spoke to him with words of praise and wonder, and the bird loved him for it and eagerly awaited the task that the wizard would surely give him.

“Akaaw, my strong one, as always, you are quick to answer my summons. Yes. I know that I have disturbed you from your rest, and yet you come.”

Saruman reached into a small bowl near him and pulled a large slice of fresh meat from hit, handing it to the crow, who immediately gobbled it down. He fed him a few more pieces before speaking to the bird again.

“Faithful one, I have a chore for you and your company. I have a task that must be done.” He stared directly into the bird’s eyes. “Are you ready to aid me, my friend?”

The large crebain nodded his head as he had seen Men often do to each other and croaked an affirmative, to which the wizard answered with another morsel of flesh.

“You are to take your flock north, immediately, and report to me anyone that you find.” He stopped to make sure the crow understood. “Particularly of interest would be any mixed group of travelers – one with Dwarves and Elves together, or Men and Hobbits, would be quite remarkable. Do you know what a Hobbit is?”

Akaaw did not, and he croaked a negative.

“A Hobbit is a small Man. Not a child, a Man. If you see such a creature anywhere, you are to return to me at once with a report of their exact location. Is this all clear to you, my good friend?”

The bird nodded his head and opened his beak for another treat, but it did not come. Reluctantly, knowing what was expected, he sprang onto the wizard’s arm, causing it to sink under his heavy weight. The old man could not hold him for long, but he always insisted that Akaaw sit on his arm for at least a few moments. He devoured the offered treats quickly and croaked his thanks, then jumped back onto the rail and waited for Saruman’s final words.

“Go now, beautiful crebain, and find what I seek!”

With that, Akaaw launched himself from the balcony and shot like an arrow toward the trees far below. Dawn was glimmering in the eastern sky and his flock was sure to be stirring.

Proposer/Owner: The Barrow-Wight

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 12-12-2002, 01:18 AM   #2
Mithrandeer

Sting

Count me in. But where can I research on the behaviour and lifestyles of Crebain?

Old 12-12-2002, 07:49 AM   #3
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Welcome to My Crow Management

I am the Barrow-Wight, and I will be leading this expedition through the wilds as Akaaw. But before I can begin, I will need to find some companions.

If you are interested in playing a crow, you must be ready to play on a regular basis for the next 30-60 days. I am unsure how long this story will take, but I don't think it will stretch beyond February (not that I'm against going long - I just doubt that it will).

Because I don't know all the role-players here on the Downs, in order to pick who will join me on this journey, I have come up with an 'audition' process.

To audition, all you have to do is read the First Post and then describe your character as it wakes to find Akaaw flying back from Orthanc.

This is Rohan, so I'm looking for some decent writers to join this adventure. Things I'm looking for:

1) Spelling and Grammar - You don't have to be an English professor, but you have to speel write. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
2) Paragraphs - Use them, please! And please double-space them!
3) Writing Style - Everyone has a different style, but my initial post shows the general style of this story.

The goal of My Crow Management is to create an interesting story that is fun to read for people who are not playing. It should also be fun for the writers. With a little effort and imagination, it should prove to be a good time for everyone.

Please post your audtions on this thread. As I approve a person, I will put their post in the RPG thread, so read that before posting to make sure you are not writing over another player.

Thanks!
I look forward to writing with you.

P.S. I don't have any idea how many people might want to play in this game, but I will only be taking a maximum of 5 players other than me. Please don't be mad if I don't choose you. There will be many other RPGs you can participate in!

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:27 AM   #4
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

*Raises a respectful...wing*

Here is my crowfile for inspection.

My Crowfile

Fingot 'Sparrowbane'

Age - an immensely venerable 15, by far the oldest living crebain.

Fingot is the oldest crebain of the flock and has fathered some of the strongest currently flying. Despite his great age and former strength, he never challenged the leaders, but instead offered advice and guidance to each in turn. Thus, he currently flies in the group under Akaaw, although some suspect he has designs for his son, Mitakaw, to replace Akaaw.

Fingot is not a large crebain, although in his younger years, his speed and ferocity made him a formidable force in the skies above Orthanc. Now, somewhat shrunken by age, he is a mottled brown and grey colour. His beak is still strong,however and his eyes still keen. Despite these evidences of strength, he struggles to keep up with the main body of birds when in full flight. Recent leaders,however, have made allowances for this, due to the wisdom accorded to him as a result of his great years.

Despite his relatively slow travelling speed, Akaaw is likely to include him on the mission, due to his perception.

Awake since before the sunlight had pierced the canopy of trees, Fingot observed Akaaw's strong and swift flight, cutting through the morning light. He also observed the inattention of others in the flock and clucked in disgust. He clacked his beak in approval however, to see his strongest son, Mitakaw, awake and paying attention to him.

"My son, fetch me some morsels," he rasped, quickly. "Go! Make haste!"

His son, startled by the swift order, scuttled off his branch and darted down through the leafy branches towards the forest floor. Fingot nodded and shook out his mottled brown-grey wings. I may be old but I will not be excluded from whatever news this young chief brings to us!

He cawed loudly, suddenly, and cackled as the drowsing birds around him flapped and chattered as they were awoken. Some were so disturbed as to lose their footing and take to flight still half-asleep,blundering into branches and each other. Fingot nodded self-importantly again. He awaited the coming of his chief patiently, ashe had done so many times before,for many other strong crebain. For Fingot was old, older than the memory of any other living crebain.

Is this suitable?

Rimbaud

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 AM   #5
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Thank you, Rimbaud. Yes, your characters are acceptable and should make great additions to our team. But remember, though Fingot is ancient, Akaaw is not young, especially for a flock leader.

Welcome.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:07 AM   #6
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

All crebain are young to Fingot. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

BW is right however, the majority of crows on the mission should be good, strong two or three year olds.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

The Cur'ik' kulum vitae for Pip'kha

Pip'ka is an endlessly good-natured crow, quite unflappable one could say. He is never ruffled, remaining aimiable and social even under extreme conditions. He is also quite inventive, even by the standards of crows; if there is a tool needed or a strategy called for, it will be Pip'kha who creates it. Usually, he will leave the implementation to others, though, lacking mature motivation and serious responsibility. His parents, who maintained their own quite well-to-do murder, were at their wits' end at his prolonged and extended adolescence and were most grateful when, finally, Akaaw brought him under his wing in Saruman's own special murder.

Pip' kha is the ripe age of 5 and a striking bird in his own opinion. He measures 15 inches from beak to tail and has a wingspan of 45 inches, not as great as that of Akaaw, but nonetheless formidable in its own right.

He is affectionate and sociable and quickly became good wingbuddies with Dok'ha, his cousin, who Akaaw somewhat reluctantly agreed to allow into the murder also. Together, the two of them keep the others in a lighthearted frame of mind, especially useful seeing as Akaaw's murder spends most of its time waiting for things to happen. Until now, that is.

Cheery, cheerful Pip'kha had been up for some time in the early dawn of light, checking out the damp ground for worms and grubs which the previous night's rain had forced to the surface. His pouch, just behind his tongue, was bursting with juicy morsels. He had eaten his fill and had quite thoughtfully decided to bring breakfast to his cousin Iadok, who tended to be a late riser.

"Urphka," burped the perennial adolescent as he saw Akaaw swoop down from the dawning horizon. He rubbed his head with his wing and wondered what this foretold. Akaaw's absences usually always brought some kind of adventure or journey in their wake and this quite excited Pip'kha. The last three had not been especially exciting or fruitful, but, still, a bird could always hope.

Pip'kha hopped over to where Iadok was sprawled out over an anthill, picking up ants in his feathers in his sleep. Iadok sometimes took such risks as sleeping on the ground, for he was prone to parasites and the ants gave him much relief.

"C'rec. C'rec," Pip'kha said to his cousin. "C'mon. Akaaw has been out scouting something. I sense an adventure. Just the thing for two smarts crows such as ourselves."

Iadoc looked up with one eye cocked at his cousin and the other at the sky, searching for some of the other young birds of the murder.

"Why does it always have to be morning when he starts his adventures? Wouldn't lunch be a more civilized time?" Iadoc croaked disconsolately to his cousin.

"Krhush! Don't let Akaaw hear you say that. He can be short-tempered if he suspects we are lazy."

The two flew up to a birch branch midway up a tree trunk and Pip'kha offerred some of his grubs to Iadoc, who crushed them eagerly and affectionately preened Pip'kha behind the ear in thanks.

Respectfully submitted,

*bows wing in courtesy*

Bethberry

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 12-12-2002, 12:14 PM   #8
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

*** New Rule for this RPG ***

All puns, especially those about crows, must be kept to this Discussion forum [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2002, 03:31 PM   #9
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Anglachel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

'While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.'

Well, I guess that's a raven not a crow, but this novel RPG opportunity did 'wake' me from the tedium of real life activities. So, here we go with the Crowfile:

Brak, age 3

Although already somewhat of a pessimist at age 3, Brak is a reliable and durable member of Saruman's flock. He has a sardonic sense of humor and typically does not take anything too seriously, especially himself. However, it is this personal quality that keeps him from becoming flustered or overly emotional in difficult situations, making him a valuable traveling companion.

Brak's appearance is unremarkable. Physically, he does not stand out from the rest of the flock. Not being the gregarious type, this is exactly how he prefers it.

Not being a morning crow, the unusual amount of pre-sunrise fluttering and cawing only served to annoy Brak. Nevertheless, being a light sleeper, he soon found himself rather awake. Unconsciously, while passing the final moments until complete wakefulness, he clumsily scratched the side of his beak with one foot.

Now fully awake, but not any less perturbed, Brak decided to wing his way to a more central region of the flock from the remote outer ring where he usually chose to sleep.

With a flap of his black wings, he took off into the air. Almost immediately though, he shot down and landed forcefully onto a branch two trees away. Two crows, sleeping comfortably side by side, were jostled violently awake and nearly toppled over until they were able to flap unceremoniously upwards and alight on a different branch. Brak chuckled to himself hearing the squawking left behind him as he glided towards the rest of the crebain mass, now feeling remarkably less perturbed.

Just before reaching the cluster of trees where most of the crebain elder held court, he noticed Akaaw flying in from the direction of Orthanc with that determined bearing that could only mean one thing: It was time for a journey. Even the stoic Brak felt a tremor of anticipation as he circled downward towards a spot amongst the quickly growing assembly of crows.

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Anglachel ]

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Anglachel ]
Old 12-12-2002, 03:52 PM   #10
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
White-Hand

Oooh. Crows.

I've got to be in this one, can't resist. How about:

Kadwyr is a bold and troublesome two-year-old. His dark feathers are particularly beautiful and glossy, most likely as a result of his constant preening. He’s rather small, but extraordinarily sharp-sighted and one of the swiftest of the flock, qualities that may be useful enough to get him chosen in spite of his boundless impertinence. He will, however, need to be watched carefully. Hidden things and locked boxes are an inexorable, unendurable draw to him, and he is very talented at breaking locks and at seeing what others do not. Saruman has great hopes for him as a spy, but everyone who knows Kadwyr is waiting for him to grow up.

Kadwyr started awake at the sounds of the excitement that surrounded him. All around him, the flock was chattering, clattering, moving, waking up. He stumbled, lost his balance, and found himself suddenly aloft among many other youngsters who darted back and forth, already squawking and gossiping quarrelsomely.

But Kadwyr, for once, did not join them, at least, not for long. He dived back toward his favorite perch with a quick, surprised clack of his beak, for he had spied old Akaaw flying back toward them.

Aha, so he’s been gone, off to the tower no doubt. He knows things, our chief, he knows things that are silence and secrets and things that he’ll tell. We’ll see about this.

Kadwyr perched, momentarily unmoving, waiting for Akaaw to arrive. Soon, soon, soon, there would be news, and news was the one thing that Kadwyr most dearly loved.

How is that?

Ah, and in case it should be useful, I have found a very cool corvid page. I particularly like the recordings of the calls. Ah, and here's one more.

Oh, and do we get to engage in good old-fashioned legendary crow behavior, like picking out the eyes of the slain?

--Belin Ibaimendi

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 12-12-2002, 07:51 PM   #11
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Me too. Here's my crowfile. By the way, I love the title!

Krikaw, age four.

One of many, the thing that makes Krikaw stand out is his reliability and speed. More inntelligent than some members of the flock, Krikaw has beeen used a a long distance messenger and scout since he was a barely fledged chick. He's of average size, with glossy black feathers and sharp eyes.
He's a bit bossy with the younger crebain, but Akaaw allows it because Krikaw has never overstepped his responsibility and he recognizes that Krikaw has had many varied experiences and his bossiness is in some ways a cover for teaching the youngsters many things they need to know to be good scouts for Saruman.

=============================================

Krikaw awoke in time to see Akaaw flying overhead. Now where would he be going before the rest of the flock was up and breakfasting? Perhaps he'd recieved a summons from the Master. With a flip of his wings, he settled back into place, not yet ready to rise.

Hearing Fingot's clacking beak, he lifted his head again and watched the younger birds stumbling around with a touch of disgust. Turning his head to peer off the branch and onto the ground, he glided down in search of breakfast.

Is this ok?

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-12-2002, 08:48 PM   #12
anson chubb

The Eye

Name: Visk

Brief History: If there ever existed the most despicable crebain of the flock, Visk would be a likely candidate for the position. Average in size, with feathers that were always rather jagged ever since hatching, Visk found his path through plots and mindgames. Not the most physically impressive crebain, he has made it a habit to manipulate others to achieve his goals. Messy black feathers and extremely bloodshot eyes are his most identifiable features.

First Post: Visk lay between the two bodies of the larger crebain. He found that their bulks provided sufficient warmth and excellent cover from those he didn't want to notice him. Unblinking, he looked over the sleeping masses of the flock.

There was something in the air, he could sense it. His feathers itched. He had never felt this agitated before, even in his youth when he would steal from his brothers' shares of food. Twisting his head around, Visk picked away at his right wing with a wickedly curved beak.

Something caught his eye. Turning his head, he watched as the flock leader left. Visk pondered what the future held, narrowing his bloodshot eyes.

That alright?

Old 12-13-2002, 07:55 AM   #13
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Anglachel,

Your audtion was quite remarkable and thoroughly entertaining. I especially liked the trick Brak played on the other crows. A creban after my own heart. Welcome to the adventure. Your post has been added to the RPG. Look for the game to start in the near future.

Thanks
BW
Old 12-13-2002, 08:04 AM   #14
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Belin,

I like Kadwyr. Where Brak looks like he may be a joker, your crow looks like he might be a bit more wicked in his humor. He should prove an interesting addition to the flock. Welcome to the game. Look for it to start soon, only two more positions open and it looks like we have some good applicants!

Thanks
BW
Old 12-13-2002, 09:02 AM   #15
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

OK! We have 4 players and me, plus Bethberry saved a place for our final slot, so it looks like we can get this game started! I'll open the RRPG thread sometime today and we can start flying.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:37 AM   #16
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

All:

Based on the stellar, entertaining creativity of Barrow-Wight's storyline and the auditions I've had the pleasure to read so far on this Discussion thread, I'm going to greatly enjoy looking in on the adventures of the crebain from afar as a reader! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

* bows admiration *

Gandalf the Grey
Old 12-13-2002, 10:43 AM   #17
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

My Crow Management is open and read for play.

*** We are currently NOT seeking ne wplayers ***

Current players are:
The Barrow-Wight
Anglachel
Rimbaud
Belin
Susan Delgado

Bethberry has a spot saved and should join soon.

Please use this Discussion thread to discuss the game and help move it along at a goad pace.

Have fun!

[ December 13, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]
Old 12-13-2002, 01:41 PM   #18
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

BW: Thanks for the kind remarks. I look forward to enlivening the flock on the upcoming journey.

GtG: Well my friend, it will be a change to actually be writing to entertain you as the reader, rather than me being the reader of your outstanding work. I hope to provide you with the same level of enjoyment that I have always gotten from your writing.

All: Brak is honored to take flight with such a talented group of corvus corone. It will be a pleasure to contribute to this adventure with all of you.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:45 PM   #19
Kiara
Animated Skeleton

Kiara has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

All:

I also wish to share my keen interest with what will develop here! I have a bit of a "caw-mplicated" move (sorry, extremely bad pun that I couldn't help) that my husband and I are making to the east coast this week, so I will just be reading this one, to my delight and disappointment!!!

Kiara
"What if you slept, and what if in your sleep you dreamed, and what if, in your dream, you went to paradise and there plucked a beautiful flower...and what if when you awoke, you held that flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
Old 12-16-2002, 01:43 PM   #20
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Bother. Too late again. Ah well, c'est la vie. Looks promising, Ill dip in occasionally.
Bother.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:32 AM   #21
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

My latest post places the horde flying down to investigate an impending battle between orc axemen and Rohan cavalry.

Let's get involved in the fight. We're on the side of the orcs, but we are smart enough to know they are bad allies - but they provide yummy roadkill.

Perhaps we'll see an Ent.

Have fun.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:48 AM   #22
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Are any of our crows going to post soon?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:24 AM   #23
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Well, BW, I've been waiting for Belin or Susan or Anglachal to post. This crow doesn't want to 'hog' things.

Bb
Old 12-22-2002, 11:52 AM   #24
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

I apologize for disappearing without notice; I didn't expect to disappear and have been both busy and away from the computer. I will probably post tonight, everywhere. But not right now.

--Belin Ibaimendi
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 12-22-2002, 04:43 PM   #25
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Sorry All, had four exams this week and several obligations immediately afterwards. I'm now completely free from work or school for the next 4 weeks. I'll post as soon as I compare notes with Bethberry, and should be active from now on. Thanks.

Brak has been squawking in my ear for the last 4 days...

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Anglachel ]
Old 12-22-2002, 07:45 PM   #26
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Sorry, guys, I've had family issues the last few days. I'll post as soon as I can.

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 12-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #27
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Great to hear from everyone! Seriously!

Post when you can. Looking forward to it!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:03 PM   #28
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Great posts since I last read this story. Well done. I'll try and get something up today. My holidays are particularly good, although massively time-consuming. I am suffering from web-withdrawal symptoms.

Vive le contrast...I was in New Orleans on the 23rd in 70 degree temperatures, short-sleeves, drinking white wine outside in the sunshine...fly back on Christmas Eve to six inches of snow...brr.

I hope you are all having a good holiday season. Let's try and get this story back on wing!
Old 12-28-2002, 08:55 PM   #29
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

I've given everyone something to do. Have fun and take control of where you are. Interact and mingle, but let's wrap it up in 2-3 posts each, so we can head north. bad weather through the mountains (we aren't going to swing around them) should give us our second challenge.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #30
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Great posts, Bethberry and Anglachel. Superb writing and very imaginative, too.

Old big bellies!!!!??? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I guess we old geezers did settle to the feast a bit quickly, but don't think I owe you one!

Anglachel, nice job with those strawheads. I was hoping you might spot a Huorn or Ent under the eaves of Fangorn.

Can't wait for the others! I might not, since I've been disturbed from my feeding. Maybe I'll spot an Ent while the rest of you are fighting. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #31
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

BW,

I had intended to spot an Ent, but I got a little sidetracked with woodland strategies and forgot. I think you might be in a better position to do so now, as you mentioned, now that Brak has left the forest. It'll give your lazy crow a chance to do something while the rest of us do all the hard work! Oh, please save some horse meat for Brak.

Cheers.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:08 AM   #32
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Fingot's return! The wily old bird may have saved a few noble crows from untimely deaths, he hopes. He finds himself in unconsciousness at the moment...
Old 01-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #33
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Hi folks, I know I haven't been around here at all lately. After examining my schedule, I know I won't be able to continue here. I'm very sorry. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #34
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Susan,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to continue with us. The murder will miss your presence.

All,

Since Brak is friends with Krikaw, I plan to wait to post again until we decide what will become of him now that Susan is not able to continue with us. Clearly, I could take many different angles depending on what happens to Krikaw, so I'll hold off until then.

BW,

I imagine you will be deciding the fate of Krikaw, so I'll keep a small yellow eye out for any posts you make.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #35
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Silmaril

Since Krikaw is with Kadwyr at the moment, I can arrange a suitable death, if you so desire.....

--Belin Ibaimendi
Old 01-07-2003, 03:26 PM   #36
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I did give BW permission to arrange a suitably interesting death for Krikaw.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:28 PM   #37
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

To Akaaw should fall the spoils of gaming...
Old 01-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #38
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Sting

Let's wrap this up and move forward.

I forgot to kill Susan's crow.

First come, first kill!
Old 01-10-2003, 11:07 PM   #39
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

I took care of it.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #40
Anglachel
Animated Skeleton

Sting

A more humble Brak continues on the journey. I think we've all left the battlefield behind us now and are ready for the next adventure.