The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2014, 04:18 AM   #1
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Kim Kardashian said to have the 'body of a hobbit'

An episode of the TV show South Park last year had the character Wendy Testaburger denouncing Kim Kardashian as a bad role model for girls:

Kim Kardashian is a short, overweight woman who manipulates her image and makes average girls feel horrible about themselves!

When denounced by a boy as a 'liar' she replied:

Look it up, stupid! In real life Kim Kardashian has the body of a hobbit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-J-SHuuYI

Later in the relevant episode, Ms. Kardashian's fiance, Kanye West, appears to deny that she is a hobbit, but ends up making things worse.

If hobbits existed in real life, how do people think they would respond? Would they regard it as a compliment, turning the insult around? Would they make their own comments about Kim Kardashian, some of them perhaps strong enough for Tolkien not to translate?
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
If hobbits existed in real life, how do people think they would respond? Would they regard it as a compliment, turning the insult around? Would they make their own comments about Kim Kardashian, some of them perhaps strong enough for Tolkien not to translate?
I'd be more apt to put Kardashian in the Gollum-mold, at least as far as behavior goes.

Since Hobbits are generally regarded as good-natured and affable rather than nice-looking, one's reaction on being compared to one would depend on personal priorities of importance. Someone obsessed with their own physical beauty would be apt to take offense, whereas those with an appreciation for "inner" attributes might enjoy the comparison.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ms. Kardashian's derriere is reminiscent of Bag-end.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Andsigil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Andsigil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
The older I get, the more I turn into Shallow Hal. As a result, every time I see her, I'm looking for a prehensile tail and a forked tongue.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe A little harsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
I think that's a little harsh; and I say it as someone who has no time for her or her family.

Paris Hilton has been the one frequently compared to Gollum, not Ms. Kardashian. On one TV programme, I remember someone saying that having sex (I'm using a euphemism here) with Ms. Hilton would be like having sex with Gollum, which made me feel very sad for the latter.

There's a photograph speculating that if Paris Hilton and Gollum had a child, this is what it would look like:

http://cheezburger.com/3730422528

Of possible remote interest is that the New Zealand singer Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O'Connor (otherwise Lorde) has said that, after looking at the playback of her live performances, she looks like Gollum:

http://perezhilton.com/2013-12-24-lo....6BfgI14d.dpbs

Old 01-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir Jones View Post
Paris Hilton has been the one frequently compared to Gollum, not Ms. Kardashian.
All right, Kardashian is Glaurung, then. Sitting contentedly on wealth, vain, secure in a sense of invulnerability....don't know about the trail of slime though. Some things are better consigned to the Void.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #7
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril KK as Glaurung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
All right, Kardashian is Glaurung, then. Sitting contentedly on wealth, vain, secure in a sense of invulnerability....don't know about the trail of slime though. Some things are better consigned to the Void.
If she is Glaurung, then I would expect that dragon to wander around Beleriand, wearing as many jewels as possible, including the Nauglamír, and ask everyone he, she or it meets to remark on his, her or its beauty and intelligence.

Eventually, due to the adverse reports on that dragon in the Elvish and Edainian tabloids, a large number of orcs overcome their fear and complain to Morgoth, who summons Glaurung, threatening dire punishments if that worm doesn't get back to killing people...

Last edited by Faramir Jones; 02-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.