The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #2321
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
how about N?
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #2322
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
...with some T, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #2323
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sos Tnt !!!

-n- --n-o-s o- t-- ---s o- --ts,
-n- -o- t-- -oo-, -nst--- o- s--ts,
-s -o----- --t- t-- --n-s o- --ts.

S O N T
Old 12-30-2006, 04:05 AM   #2324
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Hmmm, haven't found it yet, so I guess I'd better ask for another letter. A, please.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 12-30-2006, 06:07 AM   #2325
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Santo

An- --n-o-s o- t-- ---s o- -ats,
An- -o- t-- -oo-, -nst-a- o- s-ats,
-s -o----- --t- t-- --n-s o- -ats.

From now on it can't be too difficult
Old 12-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #2326
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Well, you've still stumped me... rats? cats?? bats??? hats??? doesn't sound familiar at all to me.

Perhaps some R's would help...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #2327
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

S A N T O R

you're quite close my lady:

An- --n-o-s o- t-- ---s o- -ats,
An- -or t-- roo-, -nst-a- o- s-ats,
-s -o--r-- --t- t-- --n-s o- -ats.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #2328
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

B ??
Old 12-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #2329
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

TAR-SONB (Sounds like a Numenorean King)

I still can't understand why you don't take another vowel...

An- -n-o-s o- t-- ---s o- -ats,
An- -or t- roo-, -nst-a- o- s-ats,
-s -o--r-- --t- t-- --n-s o- bats.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #2330
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Those lines look like poetry, but I haven't been able to locate them. Maybe another letter will help: E, please.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #2331
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Tar-soneb

An- --n-o-s o- t-e e-es o- -ats,
An- -or t-e roo-, -nstea- o- s-ats,
-s -o-ere- --t- t-e --n-s o- bats.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #2332
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Aha! An unexpected location, yet wonderfully chosen! Tolkien quotes from Drayton's Nymphidia:
Quote:
And windows of the eyes of cats,
And for the roof, instead of slats,
Is covered with the wings of bats.
That's the kind of pigwiggery that Tolkien despises - no wonder it didn't sound typical of our favorite author! Great quote, TM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #2333
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

thanks, and of course you are correct...

btw Lady Telcontar, just a question...is the weather just as bad as where you live as here...???
I'm getting depressed with so much rain
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #2334
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

As I live not so very far from your location, I imagine the weather is pretty much the same. It's stormy and rainy - not at all Christmasy. But candles help to spread natural light and chase away depression. Here's a new quote to cheer you up:
Quote:
- -- ---- ---- ---- --- --- ------- -- -------. -- -- --- ---- ----. -- ---- --- ---------- --- ----- --- -------- ----_------, --- -- --- ----- -- ----- ------.
(_ = -)
Old 01-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #2335
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Palantir-Green

E

and yes, guess the Barrow Downs is a good way to get happier
Old 01-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #2336
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

E

- -- ---- ---- ---- --- --e -e---e- -- -------. -- -- --- ---- -e-e. -e ---e --- --e-e----- --- ----- --- -e------ ----_------, --- -- --- ----e -- ----e ----e-.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #2337
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Palantir-Green

H
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 AM   #2338
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H E

- -- ---- -h-- ---h --- -he -e--he- -- ------h. -- -- --- ---- he-e. -e h--e h-- --e-e----- --- ----- --- -e------ ----_------, --- -- --- h---e -- ----e ----e-.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #2339
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Happy New Year to all of you!

May I ask for the A's please?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #2340
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ A

And a happy New Year to you as well! You can ask all you want - and of course you'll get what you want...

- a- --a- -ha- ---h --- -he -ea-he- -- -a----h. -- -- --- -a-- he-e. -e ha-e ha- --e-e----- --- ----- a-- -e------ ----_------, a-- -- --- h---e -- ----e ----e-.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #2341
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

My preciouSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !
Old 01-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #2342
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

H A S E

- a- --a- -ha- ---h --- -he -ea-he- -s -a---sh. -- -s --- -a-- he-e. -e ha-e ha- --e-e----s --- ----s a-- -e------ s---_s----s, a-- -- --- h--se -s ----e ----e-.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #2343
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"c"s?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #2344
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ C (only 1)

- a- --a- -ha- ---h --- -he -ea-he- -s -a---sh. -- -s --- -a-- he-e. -e ha-e ha- --e-e----s -c- ----s a-- -e------ s---_s----s, a-- -- --- h--se -s ----e ----e-.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #2345
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Palantir-Green

R
Old 01-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #2346
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

- a- --a- -ha- ---h --- -he -ea-her -s -ar--sh. -- -s --- -ar- here. -e ha-e ha- -re-e----s -c- ----s a-- -err---- s---_s--r-s, a-- -- --- h--se -s ----e --r-e-.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #2347
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I can't do without some T !

edit: I found it even without tea

"I am glad that with you the weather is warmish. It is not warm here. We have had tremendous icy winds and terrific snow-storms, and my old house is quite buried."

Father Christmas in his letter from 1932 (with the lovely Oxford silhouette)

Last edited by Guinevere; 01-02-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #2348
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Aww, you skipped T-time?! Well done, Guinevere! Next one's yours...

(Apparently the North Pole is keeping its cold weather this year, at least so far.)
Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #2349
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Palantir-Green

alas, the lady Guinevere was quicker...
and indeed, too bad that the weather is like this...

anyway, no matter what quote you choose please give me an A+ right ahead
Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #2350
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Describing my present condition

"-'-/ ----/ --/ a/ -------/ --a/, a--/ -/ ----/ --/ -a-/, ---/ -/ -a--/ ---/ --/ --a-----/ ---a-/."
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #2351
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Oh dear, is that good or bad? Well, some T is always good...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #2352
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

I'd rather have tEEE
Old 01-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #2353
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

TEA

"-'-e/ -ee-/ t-/ a/ ------e/ tea/, a--/ -/ -ee-/ --/ -at/, ---/ -/ -a-e/ -e-/ --/ --a----e/ --ea-/."

I have a feeling that this will be solved very quickly...
Old 01-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #2354
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"m"s?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 AM   #2355
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well, as any mention of "tea" gets my immediate attention, I do know where the quote is to be found without any further clues.
Quote:
'I've been to a fulsome tea,
and I feel so fat, for I have fed
on cramsome bread,' said he.
He being Perry-the-Winkle, of course. After lots of holiday goodies, I do know what he felt like!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #2356
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up correct

well done, Esty!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #2357
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Teatime is not always positive...
Quote:
--- --- --- ---- --- -- --- -----, --- --- ----. ---- -- --- --- ---- -- -- --- ----, --- ----- -- --- ----- -------- --- ---.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #2358
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

All this tea is making me hungry
I'd like some T-bone !!!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #2359
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Oranges for me, they don't have so many calories...
Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #2360
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T O

--t -o- --- -o-- --- o- --- -o---, --- t-- ----. T--t -- --- -o- ---- to -o --- ----, --- ----- -t --- ----- -------- --- t--.