The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #841
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Okay, what disturbs me about Nerwen toDay
- how she seems to understand and sort of belittle the wave of suspicion against her as if it was somehow deserved: if I was her and was innocent, I would definitely think the whole case ridiculous and react much more strongly (I'm not cliaming Nerwen should get furious or something but some sort of "you're wrong" or "there's something fishy in that bandwagon" is what I'd have expected of anyone innocent)
- the amount of underlinings and italics in her defense posts gives a rather forced or feigned manner to it all
Well, I'm angry now, if that makes you feel better– see my last post. I just don't lose my cool easily– you should know that by now. But I'm in the process of losing it at the moment, let me tell you.

Besides, Lommy, if I'd been reacting more strongly from the first, are you sure you wouldn't now be saying, "Ooo! Defensive! Clearly a cornered wolf!"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Now, about yesterDay: so there were three lynch-candidates. Of those, I happen to know that the only one who could have been a wolf is Skip. So Wolf 4 I think, more likely to be among the bandwagon-hoppers than those who really pushed to lynch Morsul or me. (Legate? Mira? Skip himself? Lommy?)
...what? ...why? I don't get this point at all.
I mean the wolf, whoever it is, wouldn't have needed to push very hard to get an innocent lynched. Though that isn't a sure guide– other things do come into it, like individual temperament.

EDIT:X'd with Lommy and our moddess.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-18-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #842
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Honestly, I may be biased (considering Nerwen and I are royal consorts ) but the way she's defending herself definitely says "frustrated innocent" to me.

However, I did say the same thing about Sally... bah.

I'm also reconsidering whether or not Agan was actually dreamed.

Right now I think I'd like to vote Mira, but she hasn't said anything in response to my analysis yet.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 04-18-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: X'ed with Nerwen.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #843
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Do you know who else pursued another player relentlessly for saying something like, "we should scrutinize winty's vote?" That's right. Nogwolf. After innocent Zil.
It might just be a language issue.
And you can compare me to Nogwolf all you want, but this is how I play. And I know I can be horrible. And if you really are innocent, I'm sorry.

Quote:
I thought it was self-explanatory. But okay, take wolf-on-wolf suspicions, then. Why is this important, anyway?
I don't because I think there are certain tactics that remain always pretty much the same... And it's important because wolves have been caught before for saying things that look self-explanatory but aren't. I might note that you have been caught that way before.

Quote:
And yes, I'm angry now. I'm feeling extremely frustrated with this situation.
What annoys me is that I have played an excellent game in terms of wolf-spotting, and my reward is having to defend every single trivial, casual remark I've made in the entire game. Looking for wolf-slips is one thing, but the amount of quibbling you're doing is through the roof.
Nerwen, seriously - when it's you we're talking about, it doesn't matter how many wolves you have spotted. You can still be one yourself.
As I said, you'll have my sincere apologies after the game if you're innocent. I never tried to annoy you on purpose. However at the moment I'm just rather convinced you're a wolf and I won't have peace until I know for sure so no, I'm not going to back away now.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-18-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: xed since Lommy
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #844
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
As I said, you'll have my sincere apologies after the game if you're innocent. I never tried to annoy you on purpose. However at the moment I'm just rather convinced you're a wolf and I won't have peace until I know for sure so no, I'm not going to back away now.
Well, you're wrong. That's all I can say.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #845
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Honestly, I may be biased (considering Nerwen and I are royal consorts ) but the way she's defending herself definitely says "frustrated innocent" to me.

However, I did say the same thing about Sally... bah.
I agree, on both things... But wolves can get annoyed too, I recall a game where they let one live because she appeared genuinely upset about something.

Quote:
And what did you think before?
I don't think anyone's really claimed I was dreamed, yeah it's a possibility but I'm not even myself convinced Greenie did it.

Quote:
Right now I think I'd like to vote Mira, but she hasn't said anything in response to my analysis yet.
I could do that too... But if both Nerwen and I live I'm going to be torn about her tomorrow too so I don't know.

Quote:
Well, you're wrong. That's all I can say.
I'm rather stubborn and take the risk of being wrong than change my mind and end up being wrong.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #846
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Given the amount of Greenie's flip-flopping, she most probably wasn't.

Quote:
Well, I'm angry now, if that makes you feel better– see my last post. I just don't lose my cool easily– you should know that by now. But I'm in the process of losing it at the moment, let me tell you.

Besides, Lommy, if I'd been reacting more strongly from the first, are you sure you wouldn't now be saying, "Ooo! Defensive! Clearly a cornered wolf!"
Well, point taken, I would probably have said that. But I would have expected something like "where did that bandwagon come up from? " or some similar sarcastic slightly accusing comment, that would've fitted you (better than losing your nerve or something), and the lack of it just caught my eye.

And no, seeing you angry doesn't definitely make me feel better, but worse, because this is supposed to be a fun game and I don't enjoy seeing anyone I like (regardless how much I suspect or don't suspect them in the current game) feeling bad.

Quote:
I mean the wolf, whoever it is, wouldn't have needed to push very hard to get an innocent lynched. Though that isn't a sure guide– other things do come into it, like individual temperament.
Ah okay, now I see, thanks for clarification. But I think it's really more about individual temperament and time issues - unless the wolf felt s/he was in danger especially. (So if we really want to look at somebody based on this point, it would be those who were under some suspicion and pushing for some lynch and maybe those who weren't under any suspicion and not pushing for any lynch.)

edit: xed with Aganx2 and Nerwie
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #847
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I don't because I think there are certain tactics that remain always pretty much the same...
But wasn't this originally over the question of how newbie wolves were likely to act? That's gone through changes, Agan. Lately it's been the thing for their packmates to leave them in the dark on purpose, so they don't seem to know too much– but now everyone expects that.

EDIT:X'd since last post.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #848
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
People in order from the most suspicious-looking to the least suspicious-looking (excluding myself and Lottie)

Nerwen
Aganzir
Mira
Winty
Legate
Shasta
Brinn
Skip

I'd prefer to vote one of the first two, but then again, I feel like I also have lots of reasons not to vote them (both of their few last posts look unwolvish).

I guess I could be talked into voting Mira or Winty, but I would feel really useless if we lynched one of them and they turned out to be innocent. It would feel more of a waste of lynch than lynching innocent Agan or Nerwen, because it's such a shot in the dark. Could you puppies talk a bit more, please?

Gah, this will be the most difficult Day vote-wise in this game this far. The previous Days felt much easier. Do you others have any ideas who you're going to vote (except that Agan is going to vote Nerwen )?
Old 04-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #849
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
But wasn't this originally over the question of how newbie wolves were likely to act? That's gone through changes, Agan. Lately it's been the thing for their packmates to leave them in the dark on purpose, so they don't seem to know too much– but now everyone expects that.
What I remember is that wolves tend to tell the cub some stuff but encourage them to ask the same questions and make the same mistakes in the thread too and look new and confused in every way... So that they know actually more and have a better grasp of things than they seem to. If there's been a trend of not telling newbie wolves anything, I'm not aware of it. In which case your comment makes more sense, I suppose. But in my opinion some strategies are just ever more popular than others, so saying that wolf tactics tend to run in cycles sounded odd to me.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-18-2010 at 03:04 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #850
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'd rather vote for Nerwen just to be on the safe side but I could vote for Mira too because Shasta did have good points against her... Plus of course I'd like it if my day 1 main suspect turned out a wolf, I wouldn't feel so useless.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #851
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I am around, I have been reading but then wasn't around as I was feeling slightly unwell for a while, but I think it should be better now. Anyway, however, I think I will just prefer to vote soon and leave after that. I think I might just as well vote for some of my earlier suspects. I don't really see very much into Agan and Nerwen's dispute, as it starts to be hazy to me and since I am basically unable to follow it, it's all back and forth and not really giving me any contributive evidence for Nerwen or Agan's guilt or innocence. It has reached the stage where it has became totally untransparent.

And after re-reading some things, I don't really think I have that much suspicion for Nerwen based on what she said earlier or stuff like that. She of all people is somebody who could have such a nice voting record as she has even if she were a Wolf, but that is just a thing meaning that she does not need to be innocent because of that, so it's a neutral statement, but not making her guilty. I think the main thing is just something like with Agan, that basically I cannot say when she's a Wolf - but that's about it or a sheer paranoia. Shasta on the other hand has rather bad voting list, which is still the same thing as I said yesterDay. Another option might be Mira, however, I am not so keen on voting her right now given her previous long absence.

That'll be it in short. I will probably go through my thoughts on everybody once again and then probably vote soon.

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen, Lommy and Agans
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #852
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Sorry about that, dear. Just had a nice romp through downtown Boston rush hour traffic to just barely make my bus. Responses coming.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #853
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'd like to go to sleep so I'm just going to vote now...

++Nerwen

I suspect her the most.

But regardless of your role, or mine, I'm sorry to have upset you.

Oh and if somebody doesn't have anything to do (gah why did I remember this only now when I was thinking of it right before coming online?) they might go and see if they can draw any conclusions from Lommy's posts about Glirdy & sally's interactions with us and my post about Nog's...
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #854
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Well, point taken, I would probably have said that. But I would have expected something like "where did that bandwagon come up from? " or some similar sarcastic slightly accusing comment, that would've fitted you (better than losing your nerve or something), and the lack of it just caught my eye.

And no, seeing you angry doesn't definitely make me feel better, but worse, because this is supposed to be a fun game and I don't enjoy seeing anyone I like (regardless how much I suspect or don't suspect them in the current game) feeling bad.
Oh, I'm all right now. I just had to get that off my chest. It's just that the sheer futility of arguing with Aganzir when she's already made up her mind was getting to me.

Besides, I'd rather have been spending this time looking for the fourth wolf. We've done so well– I don't want this to be one of those games where the village triumphs in the early days, then gets lazy and lynches people semi-randomly "because we can afford to"... and in the end the wolves win.

And– apart from our known innocent, the make-up of the village is: several elite players, any of whom could pull off a lone-wolf victory, two complete newbies who are hard to read for that reason, and Mira who just pops up and says "hi guys" at random intervals. Add to that the fact that we don't know how many wolves we have... yeah, we could still manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I've seen it before.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #855
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Oh and if somebody doesn't have anything to do (gah why did I remember this only now when I was thinking of it right before coming online?) they might go and see if they can draw any conclusions from Lommy's posts about Glirdy & sally's interactions with us and my post about Nog's...
Yes and I was thinking of that when I saw your post but forgot about it... Well, if I don't start to feel sleepy soon, I could do it...

edit: xed with Nerrr
Old 04-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #856
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm still suspicious of Nerwen. The way she analysed Glirdan and Nog on Days 3 and 4 just cry out wolfish to me. I don't feel quite as forceful about it toDay, but I still can't shake off the nagging feeling that she is a wolf. And while I'd feel bad if she really were innocent, if we lynched Nerwen, at least I wouldn't have to keep worrying about her.

My decision to vote Nerwen isn't set in stone, and I will have a quick look at others. But today it's more important I get going on my schoolwork so I don't have much time for analysing, and at this very moment Nerwen is my best choice for lynching.

I will be around probably until deadline, but it'll be in and out from breaks working on my project, so don't expect heavy substance from me.

EDIT: X-ed with a few posts above
Old 04-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #857
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
And– apart from our known innocent, the make-up of the village is: several elite players, any of whom could pull off a lone-wolf victory, two complete newbies who are hard to read for that reason, and Mira who just pops up and says "hi guys" at random intervals. Add to that the fact that we don't know how many wolves we have... yeah, we could still manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I've seen it before.
Agreed, that's what I've been fearing too. I thought it was maybe a bit like that in the much quoted Prancing Pony game where I was the seer and nailed two of the three original wolves but it still wasn't enough for the village to win... and in many more games. *sigh*

Okay, good, now you gave me the resolve to check Agan&my wolf analyses combined.

edit: xed with Brinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #858
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
What I remember is that wolves tend to tell the cub some stuff but encourage them to ask the same questions and make the same mistakes in the thread too and look new and confused in every way... So that they know actually more and have a better grasp of things than they seem to. If there's been a trend of not telling newbie wolves anything, I'm not aware of it.
Well, not of telling them nothing, but of only letting them know the bare minimum of do's and don'ts, and leaving them genuinely vague about the rules.

Quote:
But regardless of your role, or mine, I'm sorry to have upset you.
No, that's okay. I overreacted. It's just a game after all. I just haven't been getting much sleep lately, for various reasons.

EDIT:X'd since last post.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #859
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In response to Shasta

Quote:
Okay, what I'm getting out of this is that Mira suspects Agan and Zil because Agan suspected her and Zil voted for her, and Greenie because known innocent Lottie was suspicious of her. Was also suspicious of Morsul, which seems to be the only suspicion that had a reason.
Correct. Agan and Zil were revenge picks. I always get testy when suspected, as anyone who's played with me in the past knows. Generally don't act on said testiness though, hence not voting for either of them.

Quote:
#294 - Kind of jokingly defensive?
More amused than anything else. In all the games I've played I've been a wolf twice and one of those times I had to drop out because of computer issues. The other time Nienna hunted me the Night we killed her.

Quote:
#302 - Here's that "floundering" comment I thought was suspicious. Also mentions her suspicion of Aganzir.
I'm suspicious when I don't explain things and I'm suspicious when I do. Can't win with you, can I?

Quote:
#365 - Wait, what? So you consider your suspicion of Agan "just banter"? And much as I'm glad to see someone not dismissing winty as "newbie", I don't think anyone else was very suspicious of him at this point, so this kind of seems like a throwaway.
Noo no you misunderstand. That was in response to my Day 1 winty vote. Prior to that vote post all I had done was banter. My suspicion of Agan came later on. Also, still can't win with you. Get accused of bandwaggoning if other people suspect someone before I mention them, but if suspicious of someone other people aren't it's a throwaway. Do you see a logic flaw here?

Quote:
#603 - Mentions her participation won't be great. However, mentions she thinks Morsul looks suspicious for talking so much for the first time all game (this after I said the same thing in #573 ).
Definitely did not see you said that. My bad.

Quote:
#751 - Defends herself against Legate:
This bothers me a little bit. Yes, she did, but only once, in passing (see #287). So for her to bring that up as a reason for jumping on Morsul two days later, even if she's been busy with RL... seems kind of forced.
But less forced than picking someone arbitrarily to vote for that I had no reasoning against, no?

[quote]#798 - This was the quote that prompted this analysis in the first place. It seems awfully quick to dismiss the fact of a Cursed change altogether, and that really bothers me.[quote]

I didn't dismiss it (intentionally, at least though I can see where you would get that impression), I just think a Ranger save is more likely. The entire game has gone by without the Ranger successfully saving someone; it was bound to happen eventually. However, the likelihood of the cursed being turned is just as likely.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by Mirandir; 04-18-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: xed since my last
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #860
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
All your points are like this, Agan. They're taking extremely minor things I've said and blowing them out of all proportion. There's so many that anyone skimming your posts probably thinks you've made an awesome watertight case against me.
Ladies, ladies...

Btw, this losing her temper-scheme Nerwen is up to just screams cornered wolf. (irony indended )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Garrr I've been explaining it almost every day!
Ah yes you have, well once at least, I remember now. It's just that I didn't really buy it. Although the wolves may PM each other any coordinated retraction-move could easily draw heavy suspicion their way and would be too risky, unless at the very end of a game. But you could be right, this is my first game and I can't see all ends admittedly.

Thing is, what made me react at first was how you on Day one made it seem like dumping the retractable is a good demonstration of ones honest intentions and succinctly got rid of yours. Sally quickly followed your lead. It almost seems like you are constructing some kind of defence or divergence, to take suspicion away from you and upon the people with the option to retract intact.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #861
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Just had a nice romp through downtown Boston rush hour traffic to just barely make my bus.
More like Red Sox hour traffic. I was having a nice little half-nap on the train, and then we arrive at Kenmore and a horde of Red Sox fans come stomping in until the train is jam packed, totally invading my space bubble. I was not pleased. Tomorrow will be even more fun (Boston Marathon).

Quote:
edit: xed with Brinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
So many N's. Did you fall asleep on the keyboard?

(Sorry, I really should get back on topic...more from me in little bit.)
Old 04-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #862
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
Btw, this losing her temper-scheme Nerwen is up to just screams cornered wolf.
Maybe. But I've seen players act like this before and turn up innocent. It can go either way. And I can understand why some may think Nerwen looks like a frustrated innocent, and though it can be tempting, I won't back down my suspicion of her just because of that. Because while she could very well be one, it could also be an act. I know from prior experience that playing the frustrated innocent act can be successful (to even the point of victory).

So basically, I'm saying we should simply disregard player emotions when it comes to figuring out roles. It could be real, it could be fake...it could be completely genuine and still go either way.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM   #863
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Got to go to bed now. Have had a very hard time deciding and frankly, what tipped the scales was probably Nerwen's little rant there. It would just be too brilliant if she was a wolf and made that defence, and I can't help wanting to find out.

++Nerwen
Old 04-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #864
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

First off, links.

My analyses of interactions with Sally and Glirdy. My conclusions.

Agan's analysis of interactions with Nogrod. Her conclusions.

I'm counting Agan as a likely fellow of Nogrod (they were mostly nice to each other, some suspicion here and there and she voted him on Day4 making quite a 180 degree turn which would've been a convenient before-hand planned wolf-on-wolf), making Skip an unlikely Nog-fellow (the chances of Wolfgrod telling his newbie fellow to vote him are just too high to be ignored) and excluding myself of the list. I'll give people + and - as for likely or unlikely fellowness and 0s for neutrality.

Nerwen
0 Sally
0 Glirdy
+ Nog

Winty
0 Sally
- Glirdy
0 Nog

Mira
0 Sally
0 Glirdy
0 Nog

Agan
0 Sally
+ Glirdy
+ Nog

Shasta
- Sally
+ Glirdy
- Nog

Legate
0 Sally
+ Glirdy
0 Nog

Skip
+ Sally
0 Glirdy
- Nog

Brinn
+ Sally
0 Glirdy
- Nog

So, wolf points

Agan

Nerwen
Legate

Mira
Skip
Brinn

Winty
Shasta

Now, I would be extremely cautious in trusting this kind of list because it's an articifial classification based on various articifial classifications based on subjective conclusions based on subjective phrasings of events.

The only conclusions that I dare concretely make is that since Winty seemed unlikely fellow with Glirdy and Shasta seemed unlikely fellow with Sally and Nog (but likely with Glirdy) I may feel a bit better about them. But there's really not much making difference between those who have 0, 1 or 2 wolf points, although I have to say I'm quite surprised to see Agan have the most points alone.

edit: xed with skips and Brinns
Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #865
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Silmaril

Dear WWers:

I am not playing. I do not know the first thing about this game, except Wilwa is modding, and she's a dear.

I do, however, have a message to pass on from on Mirandir, whose bus-internet is super-terrible.

I quote:

I'm trying to play WW but the internet on the bus is shoddy and decided it didn't want to let me view pages on the downs in a timely manner

I was going to go through Lommy's posts regarding Glirdan and Sally's interactions as per Agan's request but currently find myself unable.

Could you just post something in the game thread to that effect for me please? I was just there so it looks mighty suspicious that I disappeared.

Oh, stick something in there about how I'll do it when i get home in ish 2 hours, definitely within 3. Dinner might happen in there

Yours respectfully,

Formendacil
Old 04-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #866
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If the options were Nerwen and Agan, I would have hard time deciding.

But if the option for a Nerwen-lynch is lynching Shasta or Skip, or even Mira, I will really have to vote Nerwen.

Nerwen, if you're innocent, I vote you and you get lynched, you may comfort yourself with the thought that I will go after Agan next (provided that I survive the Night).

PS. I think that Nerwen's frustration is genuine, but it doesn't tell us anything about her role (sadly).

edit: xed with Form *gasp*
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #867
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formy
Wilwa is modding, and she's a dear.

Quote:
Now, I would be extremely cautious in trusting this kind of list because it's an articifial classification based on various articifial classifications based on subjective conclusions based on subjective phrasings of events.
This is my new favourite quote.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #868
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

Actually, I've changed my mind.

That vote on Nerwen was rather frivolous actually, not that it would be my first. The person I really think is the likeliest wolf at this point is actually Aganzir, come to think of it. This is based on voting behaviour, general attitude towards people and the contrived dumping the retraction-argument. I'm using mine now:

--Nerwen
++Agan
Old 04-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #869
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
But if the option for a Nerwen-lynch is lynching Shasta or Skip, or even Mira, I will really have to vote Nerwen.
In case it was not clear, why I'm mentioning these three is because as far as I see they are the people who have been suspected (apart from Nerwen) toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the moddess
This is my new favourite quote.
Thanks. I was tempted to make the sentence even more comlicated but I thought that illustrated the point well enough and was still in the limits of understandable...

edit: xed with Skip
Old 04-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #870
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Wow that was pretty drastic... now I really wonder... (not about Skip though!)
Old 04-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #871
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well. Boo. Mira responded to most of my points, but just acknowledged a few, too, which makes me ponder. I think I'm going to not vote quite yet and see if she comes back.

If the votes are coming down to Nerwen and Agan, though, that means I've got some re-reading to do...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #872
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen 2 votes, Aganzir 1? Whichever I vote, I will feel like an idiot if she turns out innocent...

Currently leaning on Aganzir though, not because she seems any more guilty but because she has less votes atm so it'd be more balanced (and more interesting toMorrow in case the game continues).

On the other hand, we can take for granted that Nerwen is going to vote Agan so it's kind of 2-2.

Hmm...
Old 04-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #873
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
And what did you think before?
I don't think anyone's really claimed I was dreamed, yeah it's a possibility but I'm not even myself convinced Greenie did it.
Quote:
It doesn't matter who was innocent-dreamed anymore. They could have been Cursed anyway, and thus would no longer be innocent.

Quote:
Gah, this will be the most difficult Day vote-wise in this game this far. The previous Days felt much easier. Do you others have any ideas who you're going to vote (except that Agan is going to vote Nerwen )?
Heh. List?

Would vote:
Legate (he's acting differently toDay than in the past few Days. Maybe because he's sick; maybe because he was Cursed - and he'd definitely fit the profile of past kills.)
Mira (has been suspicious and waaaay under the radar.)

Might vote:
WW (I have no read on him, but if there's a good case made against him...idk)
Nerwen (her recent actions look furry.)
Skip (I can't read him, either, but he does look a bit too capable.)

Would not vote:
Brinn (I don't think she's guilty.)
Agan (I'm not sure about her exactly, but I don't get furry vibes from her.)
Shasta (I have never thought him suspicious and I don't think he was Turned.)

To conclude, I want to lynch Legate, would be happy to lynch Mira, and would not be mad if WW, Nerwen, or Skip were lynched.

EDIT: xed since Formy
Old 04-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #874
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lottie, why are you so sure the cursed was turned last Night?

++Aganzir

I'm sorry darling, but you know I hate you to fool me as a wolf. Are you a wolf, then? Not sure, but your horrible track record when it comes to lynching wolves isn't exactly convincing. And I do get creepy vibes from you.

I'm especially sorry if Nerwen is the last wolf. But if it comforts you, if you're lynched and innocent, you can take my word that I won't fail to lynch Nerwen on the third time.

That being said, I leave this village in your hands, friends. I don't really have a preference over which one we lynch, Agan or Nerwen, I'll be probably after the other one toMorrow (if there is a toMorrow which I can take part to). If someone else dies, though, I'll be quite unhappy.

I trust you to make the right choice (whatever it is)... Good night!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #875
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

If I go down toDay, I have a request to the village: don't just let it slide. People who voted me will say, "oh, but she looked so evil"– but watch that. I'm pretty sure I haven't, objectively, done anything suspicious. It seems one of those cases where people repeat something until everyone believes it.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #876
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Lottie, why are you so sure the cursed was turned last Night?
Because that's the option that makes the most sense to me. The wolves/wolf have/had probably been trying to find the cursed, and so it makes sense that they did.

And, following up on the Legate theory, the people Night killed in order were:

Boro (not suspected at all and probably a Shirriff [in the wolves' minds at the time])
Izzy (not suspected at all, and thus would be a good new packmate)
Greenie (suspected, but gifted)
Nienna (not suspected at all, and thus would be a good packmate)

So, if we add
Legate (not suspected at all, and thus would be a good packmate)

We find that he fits perfectly. Also, his behavior has changed overNight. He's currently my top suspect.

EDIT: xed with Nerwen
Old 04-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #877
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, so I have managed to clean my head (also literally), however the situation is basically the same as yesterDay.

So if I get down to elimination method. I am not going to vote Lottie, of course. Lommy now has made me slightly concerned given the emerging anti-Aganzir movement, however the concern is largely stemming from the fear of her being a likely target for a Wolf and thus, likely Cursed, but as there's no evidence of that, none can tell. I don't want to start to suspect Aganzir, because I know that once I will admit the possibility, I will basically have to lynch her, because there is no safety in a game she is in. Also her voting list does not help that much. However, I am trying to resist now and focus on others, as I still believe I have better grounds for suspecting other people. Brinn is in a way a case similar to Nerwen's, of all the people there I find her maybe the least suspicious, though.

Now for the harder part. I don't think I have seen WW posting much toDay, I hope it's not like having a under-the-radar newbie WW here. He is a possibility, but then again, there are possibly more suspicious people and I don't like the idea of getting too distracted as I can see once starting to sway from my originally rather clear suspects one can easily go totally into darkness. skip - basically once again, him likely being a Seer dream is the reason not to suspect him, although otherwise he might be a good Wolf - then, however, sort of deserving the credit for being rather unsuspicious. So essentially it comes down to those three again. If Nerwen seems to be the only reasonable option to vote, I might just as well finish what would have been done yesterDay. It is true that knowing her role would be rather relieving. But then again, I feel less decided about it than yesterDay, and maybe seeing more from her now will make me get a fresh better picture of her. Shasta once again does not seem to get much of a support. If Mira does, then I might vote her (even though it would have been better if she posted more, too).

EDIT: x-ed since Skip
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #878
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Would vote:
Legate (he's acting differently toDay than in the past few Days. Maybe because he's sick; maybe because he was Cursed - and he'd definitely fit the profile of past kills.)
Lottie, that's not a good enough reason to lynch someone– certainly not yet, when we don't even know what happened last Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Nerwen (her recent actions look furry.)
Try "frustrated". You've never had to defend yourself against Agan, have you Lottie? There's a certain point when it dawns on you that she's never going to accept any counter-argument whatever...

EDIT:X'd with Legate and Lottie.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #879
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lottie, that's not a good enough reason to lynch someone– certainly not yet, when we don't even know what happened last Night!
Look at my later explanation.

Quote:
Try "frustrated". You've never had to defend yourself against Agan, have you Lottie? There's a certain point when it dawns on you that she's never going to accept any counter-argument whatever...
I haven't, but this looks a bit over-the-top, considering you were in my category of people I only might vote, and probably won't.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #880
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway–

++Aganzir

This is the second time I've had to vote someone I don't really suspect all that strongly. Or at least, I haven't had time to look through Agan's posts and make an informed opinion on her.

But I have to go now, and this time I definitely won't be back before DL.

So, good luck.

Just remember what I said: we can't afford to get lazy.