User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! Golden Perch Discussion Thread

Greetings, fellow travelers in the Shire!

This thread will be a place where we can discuss and plan the action and dialogue and what-not that is written on:

The Golden Perch Inn Thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All posters to the Inn must submit a Character Description form to this thread when they place their first post on the Inn RPG thread.

See the Link in the following post for the form.

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-01-2006 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Information Links for the Inn

1.) About the village of Stock HERE
2.) Eastfarthing Map HERE
3.) Description of The Golden Perch Inn HERE
4.) Time Frame for the Inn RPG – 2957 III/1356 SR HERE
5.) Moving time along/Changing the weather HERE
6.) Posts “Away” from the Inn HERE
7.) Types of characters allowed/not allowed HERE
8.) How to describe Tolkien Elves HERE
9.) Character Description Form for ALL players HERE
10.) The Inn's Staff HERE
11.)Shire Months/Dates - HERE
12.) Shire Reckoning (SR) - how the Hobbits reckon calendar dates - HERE
13.) Reminders for the RPG Thread (SAVES, signatures, smiles/icons, swearing & other very important things) - HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE be familiar with the general Guidelines for RP'ing on the Barrow-Downs - HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players . . . . . . . . . . . Characters - a list in progress as each new player is added

Anguirel . . . . . . Mister Gandrio Dwellover - HERE

Arry . . . . . . . . . . Wildebrand (Will) Hayward, Ostler/Groundskeeper/Handyman - HERE

bill_n_sam . . . . . Rusty Smallburrow (Shiriff) - HERE Now an NPC

blantyr . . . . . . . . Goldie

Bom Tombadillo . . Hamwill

Boromir88 . . . . . Edric Gulwine - HERE

Celuien . . . . . . . Primrose Smallburrow, Kitchen assistant - HERE

Child of the 7th Age . . . Tom (Tolman) - HERE

Dimturiel . . . . . . . Meliot Tussle - HERE

Dunwen . . . . . . . Periwinkle Greenhand of Tuckborough - HERE

Durelin . . . . . . . . Reginald Smyth - HERE; Griffo Tunnely - HERE

Envinyatar . . . . . . Tolman (Tolly) Bramble - HERE; Jack Greymoss; Hithadan - HERE

Firefoot . . . . . . . Celandine (Cela) Brandybuck (original Cook, now missing) - HERE

Flame of Udûn . . Arandon

Folwren . . . . . . . Seredic (Dick) Boffin, Inkeeper - HERE; Dick's family - HERE; Lil (Lilac) - HERE; Ibin

Galadriel55 . . . . . Alferad (Al) Brandybuck - HERE

Ghanberryghan . . Aeridor - HERE

Kath . . . . . . . . . . Enpauriel Laicirith - HERE

Legate of Amon Lanc . . . Rorimac (Rory) Pincup-Brandybuck - HERE

Lilly . . . . . . . . . . Madoc & Lila Sandybanks with Taffy and Seren - HERE; Hugh Mossytoes, Postman - HERE

MaskedNicci. . . . Alassë - HERE

Mithalwen . . . . . .Elintiriel (“Elin”), Angharad (“Annie”) - HERE; Carantilion Laicirith; Mithalwen - HERE

mormegil . . . . . . . Kuric Spearhead - HERE

Noinkling . . . . . . Bívor, Bávor, Skirvir - HERE; Mungo Brandybuck - HERE

piosenniel . . . . . . Iris Puddifoot, Penstemon (Penny) Noakes - HERE; Rhys & Tanwen (Tanni) Hafgen - HERE

Rose . . . . . . . . . Granny Greenhill - HERE

Snowdog . . . . . Darrell Largebarrel

Tam Lin . . . . . . . Tavrobelion (Tavaro) - HERE

Tevildo . . . . . . . . Tolman (Tollers) Burrows, Server - HERE; Daisy - HERE

TheGreatElvenWarrior . . . Lily Tunneldweller, Ruby Tunneldweller - HERE

Tiffany Aching . . . Miribelle Rushybanks - HERE

Undómë . . . . . . . Rowan Muddifoot, Server/Maid - HERE

xMellrynxMaidenx . . Aeron - HERE

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Facts about the village of Stock:

Found in the Eastfarthing of the Shire. It was a large village by Shire standards..

Stock was located specifically in the Marish on the Stockbrook near where it flowed into the Brandywine River.

Two main roads passed through it: the Stock Road that came east from Tuckborough and the Causeway that ran south from the Brandywine Bridge.

Many of the inhabitants of Stock were house-dwellers, like most Hobbits in the Marish.

The Puddifoots were one of the prominent families in Stock.

The farmers around Stock acknowledged the authority of the Master of Buckland across the Brandywine.

The finest beer in the Eastfarthing, it is said, could be found at The Golden Perch in Stock.

information from "The Thain's Book"

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-26-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Map of the Eastfarthing

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-12-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Description of the Inn:

The Golden Perch is the main inn at the village of Stock, located at the intersection of Stock Road and The Causeway. It is very near the Stockbrook and just across the Brandywine River and a little north from Brandy Hall in Bucklebury. It is a well known inn, famous for its beer which was sometimes described as 'the best beer in the Eastfarthing.'

The inn is built against the edge of a hill, the building part with a tall enough ceiling to welcome men and elves, but the door is round, and rather low. Upon entering the building, the character walks into the large Common Room. Directly opposite him is a wide, stone fireplace. To his right is the counter, or bar, behind which, the casks of ale are mounted. Behind the counter, also, is a door leading into the large kitchen.

On the wall with the fireplace in it is a door leading into a hallway that winds into the hill with rooms branching off on either side. Here are located the rooms in which hobbits sleep, also the pantries, wine cellars, and other rooms necessary for the upkeep of the inn are down that way.

On the opposite side that the kitchen is located is another wing that has several rooms for bigger folk to lodge.

The kitchen is large. It has its own door leading outside. Beneath it is a cellar where in are stored apples, potatoes, and other roots and vegetables. There is also a large, walk in pantry attached to the kitchen. Outside the kitchen is a large vegetable and herb garden, easily and quickly accessible.

The stables are located on the side of the yard that the kitchen is on, at right angles with the Inn. Attached to the stables is a large yard that horses can be exercised or let loose in. Hitching posts are also available outside the barn for visitors who will not be long and do not want the horses to be unsaddled and put away.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-26-2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

SAVE for possible map of Inn

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-27-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm back, and I'm so sorry I didn't give warning that I was going to be gone for two whole days. I wasn't expecting to be gone that long. I'm really sorry.

But I've gone and read over everything.

Welcome, Lilly and Durelin! Glad to see you. (I know I welcomed Durelin earlier, but not into the game itself. )

Firefoot, Arry, Undome, and Celuien - that conversation in the inn about the needed brides was hilarious! As tired and out of humor as I am, it still had me laughing!!

I'm having fun. I hope all you are, too.

Oh, and if you all see anythnig that's wrong with the post I just wrote, then let me know. I'll probably catch it tomorrow when I re-read the entire thread thoroughly - tonight, I just kind of skimmed it and then wrote. I'll probably either write another post tomorrow or add onto that one and put Dick into some real action again, so to speak.

Anyway, I've got to get moving on.

-- Folwren
Old 06-05-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Firefoot, if you want to say something further to Dick, then go ahead and do so. If you do not, have him walk out of the kitchen. I left him in there in case you wanted to add something to the conversation.

-- Folwren
Old 09-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, it's been a while since I last wrote on an RPG.... good ol' Osmod, he suffered through my inexperience as a writer. Will my newborn character fare any better? only time will tell... but one thing is for sure. Reading through the last fifty or so posts of the Perch I've decided that... I want in!

Disclaimer: I would like to note that anyone who wants to interact with me (and you all are encouraged to do so) should keep in mind that I am on a busy schedule and that I might take a few days to respond to any post. Furthermore, I'm trying to commit myself to writing only well thought-out posts, which makes things all the worse. Yet one thing I can guarantee you, I'll do my best to make it worth the wait! Let's just hope my best goes better than poor ol' Robby's (read below)

NAME: Robby Appledore

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: A young, fit man, Robby is one to get lost in a crowd. Or at least a crowd of men, he might stick out among hobbits as he is somewhat taller than most. Hobbits that is, he is not too tall for a man. He has brown hair to go along with brown eyes and a big broad smile always at the ready.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Robby is a musician. Or so he will tell anyone who asks. And many other people who did not ask but he thought they should now as well. Now, his accomplishments as a musician are well… there are no accomplishments to speak of. Yet unabated Robby has decided that what he lacks is not skill but inspiration, and so he has set himself on the road with naught but some money and the clothes on his back.

HISTORY: (Can be as brief as you wish): Robby is the seventh, and youngest son of the Appledore family. As such, there has never been much work around the farm for him, partially due to his six able-bodied older brothers taking up all the good jobs and partially because of a genuine lack of interest in the farming business. It would be difficult for one to say that his artistic vocation was nurtured in his home, and so Robby finally built up courage to leave. Walking without a guide or a map, he has gone looking for adventures at the unlikeliest place of all. The Shire.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Reading through the last fifty or so posts of the Perch I've decided that... I want in!
I felt the same.

Name: Edric Gulwine ('Eddie' to his closest friends and family)

Race: Human - Rohan

Appearance: Edric is taller than your average man from Rohan with light brown hair (that is starting to get grey roots). However, his face fits his jolly personality as there are barely any signs of aging, and he has a radiant youthful appearance. He has a dark skin tone and bright blue eyes that still contain that 'glimmer' of hope.

Personality/Strength/Weaknesses: Edric is a jolly man, always trying to make conversation and meet new people. Sometimes once you get into a conversation with Eddie it's hard to get him to stop, as people don't want to be rude and cut him off. However, with Eddie around it's hard to get in a word. No one wants to stop him, as he is such a nice and sweet man always looking for conversation. However, sometimes his constant chatter and a need to talk gets annoying. Especially when Edric starts forcing his own opinion and starts interrupting everyone else.

History: Edric is the oldest of four other siblings (all of whom are sisters). At the age of 15 his father, Elric, passed away leaving him as the only male in the family. After the death of his mother (Freda), when Edric was 40, he decided there was no reason to stay in Rohan anymore. As he soon got tired of King Fengel and all of his sisters now had families of their own. That's when Eddie decided to go to Minas Tirith, as many of his friends had gone to Gondor to get away from Fengel. But not too long after, the grave and grim people of Gondor was not right for his personality. He felt unhappy and that he was growing tired and worse...bored. So, Edric decided to pack up what he could carry again, and this time set out West to find the place that was right for him.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-15-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

OK, I think I've got everyone's character listed/linked HERE.

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Welcome to all the newcomers to the Perch!

~*~ Pio

In the still of the night, in the world's ancient light . . . I'll be with you when the deal goes down . . . ~ Bob Dylan

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-15-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am very happy to see you three (Anguirel -whenever you hop into the game -, Farael, and Boromir) join us! Hope you enjoy your stay.

And thanks, Pio, for your links and all.

I hope to post sometime this afternoon, but seeing as time has fled from me all day as it is, I highly doubt I'll have time. If I do not get a post up today, someone else is going to have to let Farael's character into the Perch, because I probably won't be able to do it sooner than Sunday, and even then, it might be late.

-- Folwren
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

ninja91 has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Tarathiel Caldorien

RACE: Elf of Mirkwood

WEAPONS: Gleaming longsword and longbow

APPEARANCE: Around 6 feet tall and average build for an elf, piercing eyes, black hair, and fast, quiet runner

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Tarathiel cannot stand orcs. (bad experience with them in the Mirkwood). Fascinated with the stars and the sea at night. Wishes to one day travel into the far east. Soft spot for music (not hobbit-tavern music, mind you). Tarathiel's fondest memory is stargazing at the Carrock with his friends who died in a raid 40 years before...

HISTORY: Son of Aleyir and Innovindil (^_^), trained in combat by uncle Rorluil.
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...

Last edited by ninja91; 11-20-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #14
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

ninja91

Please check your PM's.

~*~ Pio, shire Moderator
Old 11-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry about that, Piosenniel .
I was getting caught up in my imagination, and Final Fantasy music was playing in my head...
The rider was robed all in black, and black was his lofty helm; yet this was no Ringwraith but a living man. The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it...
Old 11-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
ninja91
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sooooo...where do I go now?

I just filled out that character form...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #17
sallkid
Animated Skeleton

sallkid has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Hop Deepdelver

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: Sling, Knife (of the type used to prepare game birds and fish), Walking Stick

APPEARANCE: Dark, unwashed hair, generally grubby appearance, wears a battered waistcoat under a hobbit travelling cloak.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A dour Hobbit, disliked by his relations and aquaintances, is sullen when not being a braggart, prone to hyperbole. A skilled poacher and woodsman, though (like all hobbits) terrified of water, generally cowardly, he has an unusual animosity to his own kind and prefers the company of big folk and dwarves (who find him distasteful but tolerate him)

HISTORY: Son of Gorbulas Deepdelver, he was often missing from hobbit gatherings from a young age, instead spending his time as a youngster crawling through briar thickets and climbing trees (a habit of which his parents sincerely disaproved)
He quickly picked up a skill for woodsmanship and spent his adolescence in the woods, climbing trees and hiding in wait for hobbits to pass below, whom he would pelt with acorns or other seeds, as he reached his mature years Hop took to poaching for his livelyhood, rather than a respectable hobbit job. He was very recently forced out of his home villiage after being caught in possession of a brace of game birds belonging to a local hobbit landowner.

-------------------------------------

POSTED TO PLAYER/CHARACTER LIST - HERE

~*~ Pio

Last edited by sallkid; 08-08-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #18
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
NAME: Lily Tunneldweller

WEAPONS: A Small walking stick, A basket always filled with mushrooms, and a lead for her little white pony, Daisy.

APPEARANCE: Not the richest hobbit, and not the poorest either, so her clothes differed from time to time sometimes she wears wonderful lovely colorful dresses that make her beautiful golden/brown hair standout and sometimes she wears more simple but festive dresses. She has wonderful brown eyes that are very thoughtful, and is about 3'5'. She always wears a green cloak to keep the rain and sun out. Her father is a farmer thus the food she is always carrying around, she always comes to the Inn in her cart which is not very big, only enough to fit two hobbits.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:A very loving individual, loves animals, food and ale. She has lived cooking with her mother all her life so she can make a fine stew. She is also very good at climbing the trees in her fathers land. She also can sew rather well. She is no fighter and the only thing she can do in fighting methods are throwing stones (which she is rather good at.)

HISTORY: Her father, 'Tom' Tunneldweller is a farmer and is not to bad off, as farmers go, her mother, Estella is a Brandybuck (which making her rather well-to-do) thus Lily lived in Buckland for some time with her mother and siblings untill moving close to the town of Bywater with her father. Lily has five brothers and sisters (which going in order would be Rose, May, Rowan, Lily, Carl, and Ruby) and her being the middle child. Their family has many ponies and farm hands. Lily is a regular at The Golden Perch and often stays for more than two nights because she delivers produce (mostly mushrooms) to her cousins that live in Buckland. She likes to go to parties and have fun with her cousins and her friends. She is always driving up to the Golden Perch in her little two hobbit cart (often with her younger sister Ruby which is 10) being pulled by her little white pony.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ruby Tunneldweller

Race:Hobbit

Weapons: A small looking glass, a doll, and a basket full of food, and her quick temper.

History and Character: Ruby is a quite chubby little hobbit, taking after her mother, rather temperamental and greedy, but she can also be quite charming. Ruby likes to make messes with her food so she needs watching, which Lily does quite well. Ruby loves horses so she will often be with them, she will often be in the main room eating. Ruby likes to tell stories of things that have happened so she will be talking. Ruby also always wears very fancy and colorful dresses and ribbons in her hair, she is very flamboyant, she also has a doll that looks just like her that she is always looking at and talking to it Ruby named her doll Esmeralda. Ruby has lovely golden/brown hair just like her sister and has hazel eyes, Ruby is 3 feet tall since she has not yet full grown. She will always bring a mirror to look at herself in, and loves music... Be careful Ruby is very mischievous, she likes to get into the ale and pipeweed although she is too young! And is always taking food. She likes going to parties especially ones for her.

---------

POSTED TO PLAYER/CHARACTER LIST - HERE

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-07-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #19
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Hi there! Just checking in after awhile...

I think Peri needs to find someone to stable her pony -- I'll get a post up ASAP.

--Dunwen
Old 08-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #20
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Has anyone heard from Newsman in a while? Our characters are sort of stuck in mid conversation.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #21
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7
Has anyone heard from Newsman in a while? Our characters are sort of stuck in mid conversation.
Newsman hasn't been on in nearly a month. You can PM him. If he doesn't get back to you, then go ahead and finish the conversation in whatever manner you'd like & move your character on.

~*~ Pio
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #22
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Dear friends,

I need to write and inform everyone that I will be scarce from Monday to Friday, next (something like the 12th to 16th). I may be able to post something early in the day Monday, but I will not be able to post a single thing (nor will I be able to read anything) from between about 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time Monday to somewhere around 3:00 Friday afternoon. That means, that whatever conversation or interaction Dick is in with another character in the Perch needs to either be resolved by Monday morning, or in such a position that the other player can easily finish up and send Dick on his way for me to pick up later.

While I am gone, please continue as normal. Leave Dick alone if you possibly can. If a new comer comes into the inn, of course Dick will come greet him or her and take an order or something, but don't get into any conversation or anything with him. I'd much appreciate it.

Feel free to ask any questions before I leave.

-- Folwren
Old 06-10-2006, 03:00 AM   #23
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Here are two new visitors to the Inn - from Sarn Ford.

NAME: Rhys Hafgen

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: A thick oaken walking stick; an old, but serviceable sword, plain bladed, which he keeps wrapped in a piece of oilskin beneath the seat of the cart.

APPEARANCE: 5’7”; burly build; Dark auburn hair; dark, icy blue eyes.

PERSONALITY: A plain, good-hearted fellow who enjoys the company of others. Easy to be around; even-tempered. Loves his sister dearly. Plays the fiddle; has a lovely tenor voice.

----------

NAME: Tanwen (Tanni) Hafgen

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: 5’4”; well proportioned, shapely, comely. Fiery, ginger colored hair; fair skin, with a sprinkling of small sandy freckles across her nose; blue eyes the color of a summer sky.

PERSONALITY: Approachable, friendly. Always a quick smile or laugh and a kind word given at need. Loves to dance; has a rich contralto voice that harmonizes well with her brother’s.

----------

COMBINED HISTORY: Brother and sister from one of the small villages clustered about Sarn Ford. Their father, Aeddan, is a tradesman and the family runs a small mercantile establishment near the ford. Many of their goods come down the Brandywine, from the Shire and from Bree.

Rhys and Tanwen have been sent out to scout out new sources of goods and to make arrangement for the shipment of the goods to Sarn Ford either by cart or flatboat. Traveling in a covered cart drawn by two grey dappled mares – Nia and Olwen
Old 06-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #24
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Mistress Innkeeper

I hope you won't mind if we move the time of day forward a little while you are gone. So that Will can be delivered his lunch and maybe so Tollers and the scruffy Jack can go fishing if they want to.

What say you?

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Poor Will!

Undómë - would you like me to make a little bio for Granny Bracken? I only meant to use her occasionally as a person from whom Will gets some of his salves and unguents and such.

OR - if you'd like to use her more, feel free to write her up yourself.

-- Arry
Old 06-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #26
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You are quite welcome to move time forward during my absence, granted as you don't jump a week or something. If, in the course of the five days that I am gone, you all write about how the morning and afternoon went and the day rolls into the evening, I don't care, so long as no one complains that the time is moving too quickly or too slowly.

----

I feel sorry for poor Will, too. Arry, if you want, Will can always come to Dick if he needs help.

I wish I weren't leaving tomorrow morning. I wanted to introduce Dick's family some. . .but I guess that'll have to wait.

-- Folwren
Old 06-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #27
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hi, all! I'm back, and doing almost completely well. I haven't posted yet, I know, and I'm sorry for it, but I just now got finished reading a few of the last couple posts that I missed and I am shortly going to be writing a post and putting it up. Not now, because I just got called for dessert, but I will do it afterwards while they're all watching the RotK.

As for everything at the inn - it seems like everything is under good order and people are having fun and everything is going smoothly. Good, good. I'm glad to see it.

I'll have that post up soon!

-- Folwren
Old 06-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #28
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo, I sincerely hope that Tollers is not napping when Dick finds him. . .he'll be looking for him soon, I think.

-- Folwren
Old 06-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #29
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm leaving again tomorrow morning, not to return until Friday afternoon.

During my absense, carry on as necessary. The Day can move forward at whatever pace is best for everyone involved. Do not take a large time jump while I am gone.

Tevildo: When Tollers reports to Dick when he is finished, Dick will probably give him another job to do (in the kitchen, as we discussed. . .you and Firefoot and Celuien may have fun with that). He will, however, let him off later in the afternoon to take his fishing trip.

Everyone: Assume Dick is working in or around the Common Room while I'm gone. There's not much else for him to do, I'm guessing. If a huge disaster strikes the inn (PLEASE don't do that when I'm gone!), then, of course, he will have to be there. But I'd really, really like to not have the Perch burn down when I'm not there to write about it.

If anything happens today, or before my leaving tomorrow morning, I may get another post in, but I highly doubt it. So, I'll bid my farewell now. So long, until Friday.

-- Folwren
Old 06-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I'd really, really like to not have the Perch burn down when I'm not there to write about it.
Surely, you don't think we would do such a dastardly deed! At least not when the Inn has only been open for a few weeks......

Good luck on your trip.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #31
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
See you on your return, Folwren!

-------

Undómë & Dimturiel

Alright you nosy little Hobbits - I've written a post letting you know what old Jack has on him.

Do some sweet-talking and see if you can get him to scrub up!

- E -

Last edited by Envinyatar; 06-25-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #32
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes! See you when you get back F! Have fun!!

Dimturiel

Go ahead and decide on a signal and have me knock at 'Jack's' door if you want to.

I'm dying to know what that parchment is all about.....

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #33
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevildo
Surely, you don't think we would do such a dastardly deed! At least not when the Inn has only been open for a few weeks......

Good luck on your trip.
Well, I'd HOPE not, but one can't be certain with a lot like you, especially with someone like Jack in your midsts.

You all have fun yourselves.

-- Foley
Old 07-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #34
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Posting a notice:

As some of you might know, I'm leaving town for a course at one of my school's satellite campuses on July 5th. I've just been informed by a classmate that the non-academic site blocking portion of the firewall in the dorm there has been further restricted than it was last year. So I have no idea if I'll be able to access the Downs while I'm there from July 5-28. This could be problematic for the Inn, but I have a possible solution.

I've given my email address to JennyHallu, and also given her permission to share my contact information with Folwren if I'm unable to access the site.

The first thing I'm going to do when I arrive at the dorm is test my ability to access the Downs, which probably shows how obsessed I am with this forum. If I've disappeared for more than a couple of days after July 5th, that means the site is blocked. I will post to this thread by July 8th to let everyone know that I'm here if the site isn't blocked. But if posts are needed for the Inn and I'm blocked, Folwren, would you be willing to PM Jenny for my email address, send me copies of posts that need my attention, and then post my replies here for me?

Hopefully, this convoluted scheme won't be needed. But I wouldn't want to leave the kitchen and Will storylines stuck if I'm blocked from coming here.

Please let me know if this is a feasible solution, or if you'd all prefer to send Primrose on a visit to her family if I can't get here.

Last edited by Celuien; 07-01-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:46 PM   #35
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Meet Dick's family . . .

NAME: Lilly Boffin

WEAPONS: Occasionally wields a broom or rolling pin.

APPEARANCE: Lilly is 3 feet tall, brown hair, brown eyes, merry face. She wears a white shirt with a green or yellow or blue, laced up bodice over it, and a skirt to match its color.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Lilly is a very happy, merry wife and mother. She’s kind and forgiving and altogether too soft for her own good and the good of her seven children. She loves her family dearly and is quite willing to do almost anything for any one of them. She takes compassion on almost everyone and is willing to trust everybody, in which sense she is gullible and childish, but it’s all with good intent and the incapability of (and the lack of wanting to) thinking ill of anybody.
HISTORY: Lilly is the daughter of the old innkeeper, Treffic Goodbody. When she was 33 she married Seredic Boffin. Since then, she’s had seven children. From oldest to youngest, they are:

1. Treffic (Treffy) -14
2. Lavender (Aven) -13
3. Seredic (Reddie) -11
4. Findlingar (Fred) -10
5. Maple -8
6. Dorlind -5
7. Daisy -5

Their characters will be seen as the story progresses, I think. . .

All of them have brown hair, brown eyes, except Maple, who has green eyes.

Dorlind is the older twin. . .by some number of minutes, I don't know how many.

Last edited by Folwren; 07-28-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #36
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No problems, Manwe. I understand entirely.

Excellent post. I'll try to get a reply up today sometime or other. I don't know when, I'm pretty busy here at work, but I'll try to write something.

-- Folwren
Old 12-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #37
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Mormegil,

Great post!

My character Tollers is definitely going to be serving you (unless someone else gets there first), but it will likely be tomorrow morning when I get the actual post up. Fun to be writing with you!

Tevildo
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #38
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
I know that I haven't posted for awhile...it's been hard to get on and post. I tried to get on and post once, only to have my mom kick me off the pc and then have to leave for something. My sis had surgery yesterday, so I wasn't able to get on then, and I've been pretty busy today too...but I will be able to post tomorrow(a small break from the craziness).
Old 12-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #39
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Just to confirm, I don't believe there would be any problem in me mentioning Bilbo in my post, as I would be acquainted with the name at least.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #40
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That should be fine, Mormegil, you're right. I'm pretty sure he would have herad from Bilbo, if he were from anywhere near the Lonely Mountain and Dale.

-- Foley