Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #681
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yeah, I'm behind. I'm sorry... I'm going to try to post this evening sometime. I'm badly behind.

-- Folwren
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #682
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Alright folks, that's all. I'm gone.

So long Golden Perch.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #683
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Bye Gwathagor.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #684
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, who knows? Maybe Gwathagor will come back to visit again. Watch out for me, especially at unlikely times.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #685
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*gasp*pant*gasp*

There. I finally caught up. I am leaving tomorrow for about two weeks. And then when I return, I'll have very little time to write anything. For the next eight or so weeks I will only be around on the weekends, from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, so don't expect too much activity on my part.

Have fun, but don't do anything too crazy. Remember, even if I am not around, Dick is still there!

-- Folwren
Old 05-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #686
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am so so so sorry Gwath.

And I am sorry for neglecting the thread.

But I think I might take up old Songo again, just for a while before he leaves.

Last edited by Eönwë; 05-28-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #687
Tiffany Aching
Pile O'Bones

Tiffany Aching has just left Hobbiton.
I haven't been on the Downs in ages and apparently my account has disappeared during one of the reincarnations of the site . . . . . so, I'd like to repost the character I'd designed for the Inn.

& piosenniel, would you please link my name to this post and not the previous one. Thanks!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Miribelle Rushybanks

RACE: Hobbit, mostly of the Fallohide strain

WEAPONS: She carries a rather large carpetbag she made herself - one with a variety of necessary objects, large and small, tucked tightly within. ‘One never knows when a mathom might be needed!’ is her thought It could hardly be called a weapon, but were she to swing at someone and her bag connect soundly, the poor ‘someone’ might feel as if they had the stuffing quite thoroughly knocked out of them.

APPEARANCE: Tall and slender, carries herself with a certain authority. Fair skin, pale blue eyes, graying honey blond curls held back from her face with a dark blue and green striped gross-grain ribbon. Favors dark green skirts with a navy vest and crisp white blouse beneath.

PERSONALITY: Reserved; appreciates good manners and all those sorts of things that make easy a social interaction. Respectful of others; she expects the best of others and for the most part is not let down. Has a good sense of humor, loves a good joke or even the good-natured prank. She’s a gentle-lady Hobbit with sure sense of herself, of her expectations, her strengths, and of course her short comings.

HISTORY: She is a spinster, both by the fact she has never married and because her life long occupation has been centered about the spinning of wool and the weaving of fabrics. Her fabrics are much prized by the local community of Stock.

She has a little sandy colored, brown eyed pony named Cookie.

She ran a Dame School for many years for the neighboring children. But these later years she has devoted herself fully to her spinning and weaving and has opened a small fabric shop in the village where she offers for sale or barter both her fabrics and those of other weavers in the community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-31-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 PM   #688
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Hello Tiffany! Welcome back to you and Miz Rushybanks!

Will is seeing to Cookie.....
Old 05-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #689
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Hey all, I've been reading the posts at the Inn and I can't tell what time of day it is. I apologize that I'm so thick. Can one of y'all catch me up to date. Thanks muchly.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #690
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Elfchick7

I think it's evening, growing dark. At least that's what folwren's post implies - HERE. & the posts following it seem to indicate evening time/late supper time.

~*~ Pio
Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #691
Tam Lin
Pile O'Bones

Tam Lin has just left Hobbiton.
My Elf has bumped into some unspecified someone.

Please feel free, anyone, to speak back to him.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #692
Tiffany Aching
Pile O'Bones

Right, then, Tam Lin - my Hobbit has replied to your Elf.

Those days, the Third Age of M-e, are now long past, & the shape of all lands has been changed; but the regions in which Hobbits then lived were doubtless the same as those in which they still linger: the North-West of the Old World, east of the Sea.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #693
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The errand rider from Gondor dismounted quickly and strode purposefully into the thread. He unfurled a parchment and nailed it to one of the walls:

Come one, come all, you denizens here and in far lands!!
All those who enjoy the reading of a good tale and the playing out of one.

A new name has been added to the list of storytellers in Gondor:

~*~ littlemanpoet ~*~

Come and give your congratulations to this wonderful wordsmith!

~*~ Free drinks/ free food/ & plenty of good company ~*~

Come to The Seventh Star Inn in Gondor and lift a glass to littlemanpoet.!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #694
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

ARRY! You're back!!!!! Oh my GOODNESS! I was never, ever expecting you back, and I very nearly was going to attribute Will's lack of appearance to the wolves attacking and having a hobbit casualty. Your arrival has absolutely blown me out of the water.

Anyway. I am currently back home for my 48 hour break from between camp weeks. I return to camp tomorrow afternoon. I am not caught up on the game thread and will not be posting before I leave again tomorrow. Next time I'll be home is next Friday afternoon, and I may or may not post then, I don't know.

Glad to see things moving. Welcome, Tiffany. Welcome back, Arry. And welcome, Tam Lin. However...I have just seen that you do not have a character bio up for your elf, Tam. Can you do that before posting again? Thanks.

-- Folwren
Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #695
Tam Lin
Pile O'Bones

Hmmm . . . actually I do have a character bio - see HERE.
I first posted to the Inn a long time ago - 2 years, actually!!!! So, no wonder you have forgotten me!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #696
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, Pio can be quite persuasive

Anyway, like Sam - 'I'm b-a-a-ck!'

Would you mind, while you're gone and as long as the present writers are alright with it, if we move the Inn ahead to the next day?

- Arry
Old 06-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #697
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, definitely. If it's time and if everything's battened down for the night, you may move on. (Battened down means, all active writers are alright with it. )

-- Foley
Old 06-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #698
Tam Lin
Pile O'Bones

Moving ahead is fine with me.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #699
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
I'd like to make one more post before we change to the next day.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #700
Tiffany Aching
Pile O'Bones

Me, too. That is, I'd like to have my Miribelle make a reply to to Tavaro before she goes off home for the night. I can do that tomorrow.

-----

& hmmmm, what's Tavaro hiding from the old gal, eh?
Those days, the Third Age of M-e, are now long past, & the shape of all lands has been changed; but the regions in which Hobbits then lived were doubtless the same as those in which they still linger: the North-West of the Old World, east of the Sea.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #701
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
I've brought the Ranger back and gotten the poor injured fellow to mash the taters for supper.

- E -
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #702
Tam Lin
Pile O'Bones

Tiffany

I just threw in that hinted at 'mystery' . Haven't actually thought what it might be as yet.

Anyway - we're eating. You can finish us up for the day at your leisure.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #703
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

And Hithadan has limped off to his room for the night.

-E-
Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #704
Tiffany Aching
Pile O'Bones

& Miribelle's gone off home in her cart now, too.

I mentioned both Will and Tavaro in my post and used them as lightly as possible.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #705
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Given the mass ressurection....

I will take the opportunity to join it - time to get the twins to make peace and more mischief .... Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath.....

Fantastic

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 06-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #706
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Luriniel and Nienna seem to be in great need of a LONG sleep, so they're out for the night, again. ^_^
Old 06-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #707
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Undómë

I've put the Inn to bed.

Can you write an opening post for the new day?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #708
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I know this is generally a no-no, BUT I've got a bunch of stuff to do the next few hours - SO, I'm going to put a SAVE up on the Inn thread.

When I get back, I'll write an opening post for the new day and set up a little mystery.

Thanks! ~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #709
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

So, a new day has dawned at the Inn - HERE

Here's the scene I've set up, my fellow Perch Players -

Rowan and Prim have straggled out of bed much later than is usual. And on arising have discovered that Cook is nowhere to be found.

Prim's done a quick search of the obvious places, nothing thorough by any means, and has drawn the conclusion Cook may not be gone, she may have been kidnapped. It's a wild guess on her part. but as good as any.

Here's the back story to this plot twist:

Firefoot, who was playing the Cook (Celandine "Cela" Brandybuck) is leaving the Perch RPG. Another player will come in after a bit to take on that position at the Inn. (I'm working with this player on getting Cela out of the inn, and setting it up for the new Cook writer to come in)

Firefoot has given us free rein to exit her character as we like.

So - let's play around with this on the RPG thread. Find clues, come up with theories, perhaps even find Cook actually kidnapped and dead at the hands of some sinsister group. Or then again she may have simply run off without telling anyone anything because we discover some horrid secret in her past . . .

How does this all sound?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #710
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Oh this looks like fun!

Will see about getting up a post tomorrow. But don't wait for me - anyone who wants to go ahead and post.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #711
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

This is great...everybody starts posting again AFTER I leave...
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #712
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Rose has just left Hobbiton.
Well, since the old crowd seems to be posting again, I've brought back Granny Greenhill.

& Gwathagor - I see your Elf has departed, but you could always bring in another character, couldn't you?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #713
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Aye, and I very well may after we finish Treachery of Men.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #714
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Alright - so, I've moved us ahead just a bit. Brought Shiriff Rusty Smallburrow to the inn, fetched by Will. I used bill_n_sam's character which I noted Pio has assigned as one that can be gently used by all now.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #715
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rowan and Prim have pulled together a breakfast for the hungry horde. & Rowan's remembered something she saw yesterday.

I earlier mentioned a letter Cook had received from the postman (I named him Hugh - no bio done for him). I have no idea what the letter might have said - other than it upset Cook quite a bit.

Anyway - carry on!! :-)
Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #716
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hurrah!!! We're moving again! I'll try to get something up a little later today.

Will's hungry; he needs a bit of breakfast first Then maybe he can go find Hugh the postman and bring him back to see what he can add about the letter.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #717
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Maybe I can work up a little bio for Hugh and play him. How's that sound?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #718
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Rose has just left Hobbiton.
There, Arry --- now will has a portable breakfast of sorts and can go on his way.

Lilly --- sounds good if you could write for Hugh.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #719
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Here's my little bio for Hugh, the postman:

NAME: Hugh Mossytoes

RACE: Hobbit; Harfoot

WEAPONS: Carries a sling for birds and conies and is a fair shot

APPEARANCE: Curly brown hair kept close cropped, tanned features, brown eyes; sturdy breeches, plain spun shirt, hooded cape as needed for the weather. A large stained leather mail sack which he wears across his chest or ties to his pony, Jolly. Loves to smoke and eat.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A cheerful countenance, loves to sing and whistle as he walks along. A very good listener. Picks up all sorts of tales and bits of news and gossip as he travels about his mail route. And, he loves to share these new learned tidbits with his customers. Has been known to embroider upon the originals quite freely at times, but will laughingly admit his editing if challenged.

HISTORY: Born and raised just outside the village of Stock, a little ways to the north. Inherited the postal route for that little section of the Westfarthing from his Uncle Hal. Never married.

LINKED ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-07-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #720
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

I've put Hugh on the way to Gardenia Boffin's place.