The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #121
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Welcome to the Downs, Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock! Enjoy being dead [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] !

Hmmm... I asked one of my friends to register for this site earlier today, and "dragon" was going to be in this person's screen name. Are you who I think you are?
Old 07-16-2003, 07:07 PM   #122
Aredhel Ar Feiniel
Pile O'Bones

Aredhel Ar Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Welcome welcome welcome to the barrowdowns barrowdowns barrowdowns... (Phantom Tollbooth, anyone? )
Ah! Wonderful book, Galadriel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, and of course, a warm welcome to all the newcomers! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 03:20 AM   #123
Brilliant Dawn

Shield

Hello, and thanks you all who are nice to the newbees!

Im Brilliant Dawn and Barow-downs is so cool!!!!

Bye4now!

Old 07-17-2003, 02:55 PM   #124
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
White-Hand

Brilliant Dawn, welcome to the Downs! We're a pretty nice bunch here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] So, enjoy your stay and have fun being dead.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #125
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'll go ahead and add another welcome to all newbies, new members(who aren't newbies), or new older members. You can read my other posts about what to and not to do further up the thread, so I won't bother with typing them again. So, welcome! Enjoy your stay, and may your eternal sleep be a sweet and eventful one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 07-17-2003, 07:41 PM   #126
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Imralris, I swear I won't bite your head off if you skrew up.
Why thank you, Annalaliath! Everyone here is really nice.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #127
Mustang

HI I would like to tell u a story about me. For all of you who Chat here on the barowdowns you probably know me I am Mustang or Soda but tonight a person came to my house and we were on the two computers and both went on the Barrowdowns. I was Mustang and she was devilishbrat43. For all of those who were on when this occured notice that we were both on at the same time (just on different computers because my family uses an internet router) devilishbrat43 insulted many people and this chat site (with words that I will not post) Therefor someone sent Ulmo my family's IP adress and he banned this internet connction from the barowdowns channel. And I would like someone who chats here to tell my story to the chatters and Please Ulmo remove the ban because she was on as a one-time thing (at least at my house) and I would very much appreciate it if you would allow me to chat.
-Mustang- [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2003, 08:39 PM   #128
Edie
Newly Deceased

Edie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hullo there, all ye newbies!! hope you have a good time!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:45 PM   #129
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Hi everyone! Anyone remember me? I haven't come here in a loooong time (well, over a month). I would love to give you a good excuse as to why I left, but--alas!--I don't have one. A few moments ago, I was trying to free up some disk space, when I came across a Word document titled "BDers sigs." So, naturally, I clicked on it. Does anyone remember my story about my seven-page document filled with BDer's sigs that I accidentally deleted? Well, I just found it again. Turns out, I didn't delete it after all; I just saved it in some weird place. Anyways, I started reading it, and I swear I was crying before the end. I missed you guys so much! After reading it, I decided to come back here, log in, and say hi! So... hi! Sorry if most of this is just rambling, you can delete it if you want, BW.

Hugs,

-eress
Old 07-17-2003, 11:56 PM   #130
StarJewel
Wight

Location: I'm in my dear Maedhros' arms, dreaming the day away. Oh, who am I kidding, Chicago is nothing like that!
StarJewel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to StarJewel
Silmaril

I didnt even know this part existed, and i've been here a month! That would be the blonde part of me rearing its ugly head. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, hi everyone!
Old 07-18-2003, 10:47 AM   #131
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, I'm new! (Duh! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) That is, new to this forum, but not to Tolkien, or (most) of the Books, or this site. I've read The Hobbit 4x, LOTR 4x each, The Sil 1x, and I started Unfinished Tales, but lost the book.
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Well, bye bye!!!

O, btw, i also have a story at fanfiction. It's called Rabid Legolas Fangirls Strike Again Take a peek! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 01:59 PM   #132
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Welcome all ye to Barrow Downs!
A place not in the movies!

Enjoy haunting these lands!
Old 07-20-2003, 05:47 AM   #133
Diamond Green
Pile O'Bones

Diamond Green has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi everyone!

I've been visiting this site for a while now, and today I decided to register...

Nice to meet you all!
Old 07-20-2003, 07:48 AM   #134
Liv xXx

Eye

Nice to meet you too Diamond Green, Hope you have a great time at the barrowdowns, welcome [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Luv Liv x

Old 07-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #135
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Greetings all new people, i'm new also though i've been here for a month and I must trully say that I am totally addicted to this wonderful site [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Whoever thought of this idea I will scream at the top of my lungs 'I truly love to be dead!!' [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #136
Diamond Green
Pile O'Bones

Diamond Green has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

thanks a lot Liv.

I'm sure I'll enjoy being dead! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 12:03 PM   #137
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

Elen Ilúvitauri, Aredhel Ar Feiniel, Malhwesta, Imladris, Mysti, Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock, Brilliant Dawn, StarJewel, Sirithheruwen, Diamond Green, I give you all a warm welcome! *hugs everyone* There has been a lot of newbies while I was away at camp! Wow! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 07-20-2003, 12:10 PM   #138
Dynaviir
Wight

Dynaviir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] well, I'm new, but I'm not new to the internet so don't call me a newbie :P.

I only became interested in LotR because of Peter Jackson's movies, but I decided to try reading the books starting with The Hobbit and I've loved them. I'm still reading The Two Towers, but I really like Tolkien's work and I decided to join this board n_n.

So, hey
Old 07-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #139
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Quote:
well, I'm new, but I'm not new to the internet so don't call me a newbie :P.
Lol *puts hand up in a defensive action* Hey, wouldn't dream of it, newbi- er, I mean Dynaviir. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] What is that in your signature, the quote- evidently from a story or something. What is it?

Diamond, I love your avatar! Very cute.

Quote:
must trully say that I am totally addicted to this wonderful site
Esgallhugwen, join the club, my friend, join the club! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I like your name by the way. The last part is like 'maiden of the hugs'! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sirithheruwen, welcome also. A fanfiction you say? Lol, the name made me smile. If you're into writing, try the RPG room- the Shire is a good place to start; just drop by at the Green Dragon.

StarJewel, or shall I say blondie, now you have managed to get to this part [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], may I offer a belated welcome to the site!

Eressië Ailin: now, thats just cheeky. Honestly, posting here and fishing for welcome backs.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] nah, I'm kidding, welcome back sweetie. Sure, I remember that story- its in the Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to The Barrowdowns thread in the Barrowdowns section.

Mustang- I don't visit the chat myself, as my aol connection has a delightful tendency to shut down when I try to get onto it (*sigh*), but I have a fair idea that Ulmo is Legolas, one of the moderators- I'm not entirely sure if he does frequent the chat, but I'm pretty sure he does. If this is the case (and I hope to goodness it is or I'm making a right fool of myself!) If you want to get in touch with him, go to the 'search' option at the top right of your screen, across from the Barrowdowns sword logo, and type in Legolas's name and his member number (#958) in the correct parts. It will come up with a list of his posts; go to one of these and click on the PM option at the top of his post and explain his problem.

Beautiful Dawn- another beautiful name- welcome to the Downs! Your avatar is lovely as well, very picturesque. Your signature I like as well;
"The dawn is as beautiful as the fairest elf"
- very thoughtful, although you may have to fight it out with a few of the Luthiens, Arwens, Tinuviels and Galadriels!

Well, now I've been through this page and I think if I go any further all the niceness may have a permanent effect on me- God forbid! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Welcome to all newbies, those who I have mentioned and all others, of course, and do stop by in the Green Dragon and say hi to the Innkeeper!

-Aman
Old 07-20-2003, 02:02 PM   #140
Dynaviir
Wight

Dynaviir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

:P no fair!

Anyway, yeah, it's from a story I'm writing called Dynaviir's Tale, which is really a prequel to a trilogy I'm doing called Revelation n_n. There's also another prequel about a character called Skye, but I'm still working on the ideas for that.

It's just a story, but I like writing [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 02:43 PM   #141
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Wow [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] so many newbie’s… I don’t know where to start! But I am not complaining it is great to have so many of you on here! Such great people with great tastes in Forums [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

Welcome all the… wait I am not going to call you newbie’s… that’s not the right word for the downs! Hmm Welcome all newly-deads [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]! Welcome again: Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock, Brilliant Dawn, Mustang, Sirithheruwen, Diamond Green & Dynaviir (See I did not call you a newbie I called you a newly-dead) I hope you enjoy your stay.

Remember once you are dead you can never go back [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]:… trust me you wont want to [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]! Anyway welcome… I don’t want to give you a lecture or anything of how to follow the rules so I wont because you all look really cleaver and grounded!

~Niluial

P.S. if you need anyone I am just a PM away [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!
Old 07-20-2003, 09:26 PM   #142
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello all! I am a 'newbie' here. Thanks to Sapphire_flame for helping me 'get' here. I am in need of LotR friends and she 'hinted' that this is a good place to find them so... Anyways, I hope to reviewing a lot and getting involved, or semi-involved at least. So I'll hopefully be talking to some of you soon! Thanks

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Old 07-20-2003, 11:15 PM   #143
Gandalf the Headbanger

Sting

hey im new here and just thought i would introduce myself

Old 07-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #144
Tarien Ithil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tarien Ithil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Enorëiel and Gandalf Headbanger (phew, what a name! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] welcome to the Barrow-downs, where everyone is enjoying life.....after the grave!

Feel free to PM anybody here with some questions....we'll be more than happy to answer them! FAQ also helps! Post well!

Crickhollow
Old 07-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #145
Authwen

Sting

Yo everybody, just thought I'd drop in for a while... say "hi"... ya know, the usual.

**there is a thud on your floor, and you look up at a hole in the ceiling**

"Hi."

Old 07-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #146
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

My goodness, oh sweet Elbereth, Now I hope the grave yard will not overfill. how are people dying in such numbers these days.....

In other words welcome and have fun being dead... hey someone just stepped on my bower! how dare you!.... Anyway have fun...
Old 07-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #147
Oliphaunts_Rule
Pile O'Bones

Oliphaunts_Rule has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hi, my name is Ollie. My dad read LotR to me about four years ago, but I was asleep during most of it, and I'm reading it again and it's really interesting.
The great wonderful stupendous Oddwen led me to this wondrous amazingly beautiful site. I look forward to getting to know you ALL. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(My great wonderful sister Oddwen is typing this. Help.)
Theres a dream in your heart and His heart is your prayer/you can move mountains with your life in His hands/He'll tear down the walls and He'll walk where you can't/have faith in the power to believe/He has given you a dream~MICHELLE TUMES.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:49 PM   #148
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Welcome, Ollie! (I might add that my typing looks just as wonderful there as it does in my own posts! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

And welcome to all you wondrously amazing stupendous Newbies! Pleased to have you join us! Enjoy your death at the Downs.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Oddwen ]

Old 07-22-2003, 08:23 PM   #149
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Welcome newbies all!!! Enjoy being dead! and I consider you a newbie if this is your first discussion board! Dont worry you wont be newbies for long! Just dont get on any of the mod's bad sides! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 07-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #150
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Ahem! Mods don't have bad sides; they just try to keep things in order for everyone's reading pleasure! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-23-2003, 11:53 AM   #151
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Just treat them like your instructors at school, and give em what they want.... Have I posted this before? Welcome, and enjoy being dead. And when in the green dragon, poi and the rest of the mods are not trying to peve you off, so just accept it. As a matter of fact, poi and the other mods in the shire are the best that I know..... They do a good job. But back to the subject, welcome one and all to the deadness of the Barrowdowns.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:31 AM   #152
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Poi? Man, I am so gonna start calling Piosenniel that...

Welcome Ollie/Oliphaunts_Rule. Nice name- I agree totally! Good to see siblings here- gives me hope for my own little sister!

Lol Authwen, you have joined the Downs in pretty much the same way as me...through the ceiling. *sigh* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gandalph the Headbanger- oh how I love that name! I just have an image of Gandalph, staff held like a guitar, robes swirling, headbanging to Greenday or something....
oh, I have to stop grinning like an idiot at the screen...

Enorëiel, I look forward to talking to you as well. You want a bunch of good people who range from liking to Tolkien a little to being complete fanatics? You've come to the right place! Sapphire, well done in getting her here!

Dynaviir, you like writing? Yes! Come to the shire! The story...slavery is something that I have used a few times in my own writing, and I recently did an RPG called Escape from Nurn with that as a main theme. Looks good...
Old 07-25-2003, 04:44 PM   #153
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Ahem! Mods don't have bad sides; they just try to keep things in order for everyone's reading pleasure!
Okay, how about umm... Follow the rules, and don't get any of the mods mad... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] that better?

Old 07-26-2003, 02:25 PM   #154
Snowdog

Tolkien

Quote:
Hi everyone! Anyone remember me? I haven't come here in a loooong time (well, over a month). I would love to give you a good excuse as to why I left, but--alas!--I don't have one. A few moments ago, I was trying to free up some disk space, when I came across a Word document titled "BDers sigs." So, naturally, I clicked on it. Does anyone remember my story about my seven-page document filled with BDer's sigs that I accidentally deleted? Well, I just found it again. Turns out, I didn't delete it after all; I just saved it in some weird place. Anyways, I started reading it, and I swear I was crying before the end. I missed you guys so much! After reading it, I decided to come back here, log in, and say hi! So... hi! Sorry if most of this is just rambling, you can delete it if you want, BW.
Hugs,

-eress
I always found myself coming back here after being gone for a period of time.

Welcome back!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:19 PM   #155
Shenaran
Pile O'Bones

Shenaran has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm new to this forum...BUT I've visited the website many times and even been in the chatroom a couple of times....and me just being stupid never registered....

In the chatroom I'm known as Nessa.

Some people might remember me from the chatroom, I'm the one with husband problems.....and yes I am 27 years old...he..he.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Shenaran ]
Old 07-27-2003, 01:38 AM   #156
Snowdog

Pipe

Welcome to the messageboard Barrow Shenaran!
Old 07-27-2003, 02:26 AM   #157
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Well hello to all the newbees who have come to be part of our wonderful conversations here at the downs! Right now I feel very "new" even though I have only been gone for two weeks. The reason I was gone was that I was taking a wonderful vacation in California, and I was also attending the Comic-Con convention in San Diego. Where I got to meet and see many people from the LOTR films.

I considered a few times while I was going on the computer at TheOneRing.net booth (where I was looking at the news about the films) if they wouldn't notice if I just checked out for a moment what was going on here (because I sadly don't have my own portable computer), but I was worried that I would get in trouble.

I am so glad to be back in the downs, it is such a nice place to be.

Post well [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2003, 05:59 PM   #158
Oliphaunts_Rule
Pile O'Bones

Oliphaunts_Rule has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Thanks Ailin Udomiel, I will remember that if I need any help.
I just finished "Fog on the barrow downs" chapter, and I think its really cool.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Theres a dream in your heart and His heart is your prayer/you can move mountains with your life in His hands/He'll tear down the walls and He'll walk where you can't/have faith in the power to believe/He has given you a dream~MICHELLE TUMES.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #159
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The 'Fog on the Barrow Downs' chapter definitely rates as one of my favourite chapters in LOTR. It gave me chills the first time I read it, and I look forward to being deliciously scared each subsequent time I read it. I also like it because I love Tom Bombadil. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 07-27-2003, 10:41 PM   #160
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I think this is one place in the world that can relate to me and my Tolkien addiction.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hi people! I am Melatariel, the daughter of Luthien and Beren, younger sister of Dior, but I am named Lhunardawen here, which was the name given to me by my husband Ereinion (better known to some of you as Gil-galad). I'm not a frequent poster, but I try to post once in a while, hence, my being an Animated Skeleton.

Welcome to all the Newly Deceased! I hope you love it here... Enjoy being dead!

God bless, everyone! Namarie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Lhunardawen ]
Closed Thread