The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #1321
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I second Greenie!

Phantom's dream was so funny too.

I'm looking at morm's posts to find clues about the last wolf in case it's not Rikae.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #1322
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I also had a Downer dream last night - I dreamed that Shasta was moving to Europe and that Mac and Rikae (who were living in Germany) were going to put him up while he found his feet. Everyone on the Downs was very excited about it.
I wish! Except in this game. In this game, GMT-4 is the way to go.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #1323
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I also had a Downer dream last night - I dreamed that Shasta was moving to Europe and that Mac and Rikae (who were living in Germany) were going to put him up while he found his feet. Everyone on the Downs was very excited about it.
Willkommen, Shasta! Fühl dich wie zuhause.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #1324
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The little 'birthday girl' ( as we share the same one) was also in the dream but I remember thinking 'oh I can't dream her as I can't remember how old she is'...which was weird....
Old 06-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #1325
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
*eyes Kuru up and down*

Yeah, can we reveal Kuru?
I wouldn't want to cause any heart attacks...
Old 06-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #1326
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Willkommen, Shasta! Fühl dich wie zuhause.
Glücklich zu sehen, Shasta! Je suis enchanté! Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #1327
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

What morm said about the unknowns

DAY 2
  • half-defends Mith
  • suspects Kath ("Too little posting for my tastes and a long history")

DAY 3
  • says McCaber (along with Nilp, Boro and Eomer) looks the worst among my voters
  • asks for thoughts on Kath, thinking she'll probably be modfired but could also be lynched as a last resort if no clear suspects appear
  • getting mixed vibes from Mith
  • McC (a bit gruff but not alarming), Mith (continue to watch her) and Kath (what can you say?) all in the unsure category on his list

DAY 4
  • Mith the number #4 suspect on his list
  • notes that Kath has been silent today
  • in answer to Mith, explains he put pressure on her to get a better read

DAY 5
  • disagrees with McC about his (correct) list of Nerwen's dreams
  • his first Dead voting plan suggests empowering McC if Lalaith is a wolf and (himself,) Mith or Kath if we don't know her role
  • explains to Mith again why he's suspecting her
  • his second Dead voting plan suggests empowering McC if morm is a wolf, while Mith and Kath cross-empower each other
  • suggests looking at those who have delayed with the Dead voting plan, Kath and Mith come to mind
  • decides to vote for Kath
I may have the days a little muddled up but that shouldn't matter.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #1328
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

What Lalaith said about the unknowns

DAY 3
  • going by her Legate as the seer thesis, she suggests trusting Mith

Old 06-11-2015, 03:32 PM   #1329
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If morm's pack is dead then he knows nothing more we do about them... then of course if it isn't, well a different matter then.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #1330
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Conclusion: Lalaith has obviously been very careful. However, looking at morm, McC as the last Fang makes the most sense - he's kind of there in the corner of his posts but not really.

Could obviously also be Kath or Mith - Kath's absence would've been as frustrating to her pack as it was to the village. Mith's reactions to morm's accusations look genuine more likely than not though, so I wouldn't necessarily say it's her.

Will take a quick look at McC before going to bed.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #1331
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Anyway, off to go to sleep in a moment, first time in a decentish hour during this game...

Waiting to hear what happens during the Night and whether we still have a game going on when the dawn breaks.

Good Night and good luck!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #1332
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If morm's pack is dead then he knows nothing more we do about them... then of course if it isn't, well a different matter then.
Well, if it's Rikae then yes, but it doesn't seem likely to me - I'm just kind of used to taking their reveals with a pinch of salt. In any case, it was you who came up with Wolfgang Fang being dead in the first place, and your reasoning didn't convince me.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #1333
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Will take a quick look at McC before going to bed.
Actually, I'm not. I'm following Nog's example and going to bed (very soon). McC has 40 posts and, erm, I have to wake up earlier than I thought. Meaning 6.5 hours.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #1334
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am joining those who are going to sleep at a decent hour

Last remark: If for some horribly unclear reason it eventually starts seeming that the Living thread should have no Wolves yet it still continues existing, obviously then Boro should be the one the Living should check (meaning: lynch, most probably). But such a thing does not need to happen, obviously, until there are just very few villagers left (just enough so that there is more of them than Boro even if, say, one of them dies).

Saying this just in case Nilp gets resurrected after all, so that the Living thread can make use of it (I'd trust them to figure this for themselves, but then they seemed to have a bit of trouble with this, although obviously with the assistance of Wolves... so just in case).

Goodnight. (Oh, I just remembered the previous Day here... that was brilliant.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:16 PM   #1335
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yeah, one more thing. Who's to say Boro isn't a cursed, or a mythomaniac? So yes I'm seconding what Legate just said.

Now though -

Goodnight America! Goodnight Australia! Goodnight South-East Asia!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #1336
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I would say not to lynch Boro unless it's the final option though. It'd be ridiculous to lynch him then the final wolf kills and wins. I wouldn't advocate killing him unless we have our hands on six CONFIRMED Wolves and yet the village continues. I consider it my duty to kill Wolves, not Boro. I'd only advocate lynching him if there is for certain nothing else to do.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #1337
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
The little 'birthday girl' ( as we share the same one) was also in the dream but I remember thinking 'oh I can't dream her as I can't remember how old she is'...which was weird....
6 years and naughty.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:56 PM   #1338
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Final minutes here. Do we have a dead Sally? Did Boro kill a FormWolf?

*drum roll*
Old 06-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #1339
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

The residents were languid this NIGHT. Perhaps they needed rest after the frenzy of the previous DAYS.

The denizens did manage to determine that Rikae was PREY. (Ha Ha!)

Then everyone went quiet.

Finally, a portal appeared. "I must go," said Nilpaurion Felagund and back into the vale of tears he went.

When he was gone, the mists stirred again and Thinlómien, Formendacil, and Eomer of the Rohirrim emerged.

(Nilp is hereby removed from the Dead Thread and may not read or post further in this thread until he returns at the close of the DAY.)

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
(Prey)
Legate of Amon Lanc (Prey)
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
(Predator)
Nerwen
mormegil
Thinlómien
Formendacil
Eomer of the Rohirrim

The Living:
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath
Nilpaurion Felagund

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-11-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #1340
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well crap- a triple kill Night. At least a Wolf was in the bunch, but now there is a real question about the lynch.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #1341
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Neither wolf pack went for Sally or Boro? That's surprising.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #1342
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Welcome among the dead, Form! It just wasn't meant to be.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #1343
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I was confused for a second there - Eomer's not on the list.
Oops.

Fixed.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #1344
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just running through a few scenarios...

Scenario One:

DAY:
Lynch one of McCab/Kath/Mith. Innocent.
Nilp returns to Dead.
NIGHT:
Boro kills Wolf.
Wolf kills Shasta.

That would leave Boro, Sally, and an Ordo. Village win. (Or if Kuru doesn't stop the game must lynch Boro.)

Scenario Two:

DAY:
Nilp returns to Dead.
NIGHT:
Wolf kills Shasta.
Boro fails to kill Wolf.

That would leave Sally, Boro, an Ordo, and a Wolf. Boro would know the Ordo. Wolf lynched. Village win (or Werebear win).

Scenario Three:

DAY:
Nilp returns to Dead.
NIGHT:
Wolf kill blocked by Shasta.
Boro kills Wolf.

Village wins (or Werebear has path to victory since no one knows if final Wolf is Dead).

Anyway, just a few ideas. Really I'm still not concerned about the Werebear possibility. I say just kill the Wolf.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #1345
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, that's right, Eomer's been cleared.

Anyway, assuming Boro's ability and role are what we expect, it looks good for us.

Edit: future post #1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Oh! And I forgot!

Welcome, Eomer, Lommy and Form!

Cake?

Last edited by Rikae; 06-13-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #1346
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm definitely hoping Nilp cracks the whip over there so that we can vote properly. With FIVE Wolves here we obviously don't want things close at the end with sleeping Dead Europeans.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:20 PM   #1347
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post

(Nilp is hereby removed from the Dead Thread and may not read or post further in this thread until he returns at the close of the DAY.)
Sweet, let's talk behind Nilp back...
Old 06-11-2015, 10:58 PM   #1348
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The scrying happened before Nilp's departure in the narration so technically he should be allowed to know it, right?

And NILP talk to them about voting early! Tell them what we know about the wolf packs! Grr!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #1349
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.

Well, that's that. Can we start a bidding war between the village and the Fang pack for the three Grip votes?

Last edited by Loslote; 06-12-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:21 AM   #1350
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*mutters curses under beard*

*notices doesn't have beard*

AHEM, anyway.

Sucks to be dead!

ToDay would've FINALLY been a Day with actual information and I would have so many things to say to the living. Arrrr.

Also, not too happy to meet Eomer in death. No offense to the currently living, but yesterDay I felt like he's the only one apart from me and the questionable Mr 88 who keeps their wits about and I am saddened they don't have him (or me ) around toDay. Well, it's not like they're stupid, (actually I believe many of them have had better ideas and more accurate suspicions than me - it's just that I hope they don't fall into any obvious pitfalls and have time to actually analyze stuff if necessary).

More happy about Form's demise. Hats off though, you sold the whole grumpy and confused innocent thing to me since Day1 and I never really questioned it much.

Now off to catch up with stuff. (And work.) I have only seen a couple of posts of the dead thread now but this sure seems like an interesting place.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:30 AM   #1351
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Caught up with the living.

Lalaith? Oh my. Hats off to both you and Boro.

Morm? You don't know how [swear word probably censored] happy I'm for having one [more censored stuff] correct suspicion in this game. *throws confetti*

Also btw the dead-for-longer, stop being so [Lommy gets banned soon] smug.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:32 AM   #1352
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

PS. WHY do some of the living talk about remaining wolves in plural or talk like Rikae could've been a wolf.

I DEFINITELY DON'T ENJOY BEING DEAD.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:32 AM   #1353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The only good thing?

Shameless floodposting.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:39 AM   #1354
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well hi everybody!

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss all this dead fun as I'm off for the weekend with no internet. Village will probably be saved by the time I'm back, so that's nice.

So, uh, see you on the other, other side?
Old 06-12-2015, 01:39 AM   #1355
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thanks for the cake, Rikae.

I am also leaning to think McCaber is the remaining wolf, but it could also be Mith, given how she suddenly got cold feet over the self-voting thingy. Then again, it was originally her idea and I don't really know why a wolf would make such a daring move. Of course one of her fellows would've still been alive when she said it so it couldn't have backfired on them both... But still.

Phantom - sweet little Nilp cracking the whip? The living actually understanding that Dead Europeans need to vote early? Fat chance of either.

Personally, I might be around fairly late, given that I'm seeing my friends in the evening and I don't assume to be reunited with my laptop until something like 3 hours before the DL.

edit: shame on you Eomer for ruining my floodposting
Old 06-12-2015, 01:46 AM   #1356
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I had to do something - I mean, it's not like I could vote for you anytime recently.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #1357
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Sweet, let's talk behind Nilp back...
I misread this as morm addressing Kuru as "sweet" and nearly splurted coffee all over my keyboard.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:49 AM   #1358
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I had to do something - I mean, it's not like I could vote for you anytime recently.
Ah, fair enough. I am also surprised I didn't really suspect you in this game at all, but at least I got to keep my old enmity with morm in the end, so I am not too unhappy.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:16 AM   #1359
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome among the Dead, Lommy and Eomer and Orm the Second

Anyway, good to see Nilp is being productive on the living thread, I especially appreciate he really conveyed the slap-the-Living message in a proper way. Way to go, sir! In any case, I am really really happy he made it out of here, because his chances didn't seem that good... but I trusted him, and lo, love has prevailed!

Well, that's it from me for the time being, the ball is on the Living side... a question to ponder meanwhile; what do we do if they come up with a self-voting scheme? Do we have an idea whom to ditch?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:37 AM   #1360
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hello Form, Eomer and dear Lommy!
Some of us are on the side of the angels, some of us are not, but we all try to play nicely together. Lommy, I've been reminiscing about your wonderful werePenguins...