The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #4161
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
its been awhile since i partaked in a WW match, when next one is up let me know, i would love to play again and get lynched first day!... again...

*hugs Gil* Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be taking you up on that, at least for a while. Good gravy, the semester's gotten busy.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #4162
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
its been awhile since i partaked in a WW match, when next one is up let me know, i would love to play again and get lynched first day!... again...
I've got an admin thread up. My game will start shortly after Di's ends.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #4163
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hmmmmm I've got something brewing for a return of the Werecats.... add my name to the list for modding. I'm in no real hurry, so whenever I get to mod one that's fine by me.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:05 AM   #4164
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Certainly. It's been for too long we haven't been lynching any Gils, now did we...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #4165
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Big important question: is there any difference between a "Werewolf" game and a "Tol-in-Gaurhoth" game?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #4166
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
No.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:45 AM   #4167
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #4168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Any chance I could sign up to be on the mod list? Emily and I have a FANTASTIC idea for a game, and I'd love to give it a shot.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 AM   #4169
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

The list...

Kit
Shasta
Valier
Sally & Emily

...has room for one more mod god.

Last edited by Naria; 01-17-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #4170
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, so I couldn't fend off the curiosity any more! I had to know what Werewolf was, and after reading the first post of this thread, I think I have some idea.

Sounds fun!

Are you accepting new players? When is the next game to start? After the opera?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #4171
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I imagine that the next mod (Kitanna) will do a sign up list when my game is over or nearing its end. New players are always welcome to keep the game fresh - for myself I am delighted that I have both very experienced and newer players in my game.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #4172
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Great! About how long does a game usually last?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #4173
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Depends on the number of players . Most games have 24 hr day and night phases with a death in each so if it goes to the wire it would last for a couple of days fewer than ther are players. However the wolves may be found more quickly and special roles may lengthen or shorten the game - as will multiple lynches and modfire.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #4174
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
The list...

Mith
Kit
Shasta
Valier
Sally & Emily

...is now closed.
Oh me oh my! I should probably start planning now that Mith's game is in full swing. I had no clue my turn was so close.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #4175
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
You're up, Kit.

*waits excitedly*
Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #4176
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Holy crude! I better get my admin. thread up soon.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #4177
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Okay, admin. thread is officially open.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #4178
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
The list...

Kit
Shasta
Valier
Sally & Emily

...has room for one more mod god.
Okay. Naria asked me to update the list of the last games quite a few months ago actually but now I finally remembered it and had time to scroll through the old game-threads.

So here are the games of the last year (the older games-list can be found from page 98 of this same thread).

The dates are dates for the first post in the actual game thread (so not the exact day the game began) and should be read in the logical order of day.month.year.

Some memories coming through?

The six-months -line means that one is not allowed to mod another time within six months and looking at the "recently modded" -list Naria will decide the order of the future mods giving v.i.p. status for those who have not modded at all or only a long time ago... if I got the idea correctly.

Kitanna LVI - Panic at the Prancing Pony (to commence shortly)

Mithalwen LV - Sing when you're winning (6.1.09)

Gollum the Great LIV - The Council of Evil (23.12.08)

Feanor of the Peredhil LIII - The Republic (9.11.08)

Diamond18 LII - Star Crossed II: Together for Eternity (27.10.08)

Eomer of the Rohirrim LI - The Pain of Wargs (5.10.08)

Durelin L - Battle of the Fandoms (10.9.08)

Macalaure XLIX - At the Source of Darkness (16.8.08)

~*~~*~ the six-months line... ~*~~*~

Brinniel XLVIII - When Virtual Becomes Reality (19.6.08)

Nogrod XLVII - Dueling Wizards Werewolf II (10.5.08)

Meneltarmacil XLVI - Getting Back to Basics (1.5.08)

Legate of Amon Lanc XLV - The Fellowship of Saruman (23.3.08)

Aganzir XLIV - In the House of Tom Bombadil (24.2.08)

Farael XLIII - Mist in the Barrow Downs (1.2.08)

PS. If there are no other mod-candidates I might think of running a game once again. But sure those who have never tried it or have done it a longer time ago than I have should go first.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #4179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Once Kit's game goes of the modding list and there's space, I'd actually like to mod. (For the listkeeper's information, I've modded twice, last in December 2007. ) My spring (and summer) will be rather sort of interesting, though, so I might be willing to swap places with mods after (or before) me.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #4180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Looking at the pace the games have gone on the last year (and earlier) it might be something like mid/late April when it would be your turn Lommy - if you are placed as the next one on the list of mods now accounted for. Isn't that the best possible timimg for you?

Anyway your "modship" should precede mine as I have modded more games and more lately than you have.

And anyone who has not yet modded or has done so a long time ago should go before me.

Also, just as a teaser... anyone wishing to mod the Dueling Wizards III late spring / early summer, or something like that?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #4181
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Looking at the pace the games have gone on the last year (and earlier) it might be something like mid/late April when it would be your turn Lommy - if you are placed as the next one on the list of mods now accounted for. Isn't that the best possible timimg for you?
Possibly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogsels
And anyone who has not yet modded or has done so a long time ago should go before me.
And before me as well.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #4182
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well I have been thinking about modding too, but that has time: especially if somebody else expresses their wishes to do so. Most of all, depending on the pace of the games, which may vary a lot, I might anyway be forced to swap if I signed up for some place. But anyway, at least Lommy should by right be before me, and that means for now, I won't get to the list anyway.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #4183
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I have plans for a rather unique Werewolf game. I would like to do it sometime after February, but before August. Nice big window there.

And it will be very fun. I promise.

And don't worry, Legate. No secret roles this time.

Oh, and I would very much like a co-mod.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #4184
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I have plans for a rather unique Werewolf game. I would like to do it sometime after February, but before August. Nice big window there.

I'm betting I won't be able to (since I'll be modding in the spring) but I think it'd be fantastic to have a Nebraskan-ruled game.

Oh, and once Emily gets back we're going to get started planning our game. *grins maniacally* Hopefully you'll all enjoy it!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #4185
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh, am I after Kitanna?

...Heh. Heh heh heh.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #4186
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Oh, am I after Kitanna?

...Heh. Heh heh heh.

I don't like the sound of that....

By the way, if my game happens to be over our spring break I'd be fine with letting someone go before me. For now, though, I'm not terribly worried. Except about Shasta's probably evil plan, though.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:07 AM   #4187
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
As if I believed you...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #4188
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

But you should believe me, Legate. After all, the primary reason I have decided to hold no secrets this game is so that you will be able to participate.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #4189
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
But you should believe me, Legate. After all, the primary reason I have decided to hold no secrets this game is so that you will be able to participate.
Hmm. What a honour... all right, I will consider that.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #4190
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...it seems there is an awful long waiting list.

Well, you don't need to write me down yet or anything, I just wanted to express I am interested in modding another game in the near future. I have a couple ideas in mind and would like to put them to use.

Also, I want to point out a post from long ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
I wonder if I could reserve a spot for modding around April to May 2009 as early as now...
If Lhuna's still interested in modding at that time, then I think it'd be nice if we let her.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #4191
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Kit's game is over (and a tremendous showing by the wraiths for their victory!), so does anyone mind if I go ahead and put my admin thread up?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #4192
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Kit's game is over (and a tremendous showing by the wraiths for their victory!), so does anyone mind if I go ahead and put my admin thread up?
At least no one should mind. So, I say, go on, Shasta.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #4193
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Due to Certain Events you should remove "Emily" from the list; sally shall be modding more or less solo.

And if it's not too forward for a n00b, I'd like to enter the queue.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #4194
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:

I'd be willing to give it a shot, if you'll have me. I've never done it before and working with such an experienced player as yourself would be a fantastic learning experience.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #4195
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I'd like to be put on the list for modding a game, after phantom's comment about me modding one of the best games ever I'm feeling nostalgic.

So if there's a list or something I have plenty of time between may and august, so you can count me in for one!

I'll have to think up something brilliant in the meantime...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #4196
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Actually, I could do a game as soon as April, if it happens to get to my name that soon, I don't want to be bumping anyone down or anything though. But I've got my idea and am quite excited, it will be grimm, but it will be fun.....mwhahaha.

For who ever needs to know, I have modded once before, back in 2006ish.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 02-26-2009 at 10:34 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #4197
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hmmmm. I haven't seen Val around in ages. I'm thinking I should finalize my plans so I'm ready to go, eh?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #4198
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hmmmm. Well I'm nearly ready to go (I'm definitely ready to put up my admin thread, and I can make a couple changes as I finalize things) but I don't want to get in Val's way if she comes back, since she's first.

*shrug*

Anyone mind if I put up my admin thread today or tomorrow, just to get things rolling? (I can certainly wait if anyone has an idea where Val's gone to, as I don't have a big problem waiting) Meh. I'll get everything typed up and see where it goes from there.

Whether my game's next or if it's after Valier's I hope to see you all there! It should be fun!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #4199
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, Valier actually posted today on her RPG's discussion thread, so you might want to PM her (if you haven't already) just to check.

Pretty crazy timing.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #4200
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Well, Valier actually posted today on her RPG's discussion thread, so you might want to PM her (if you haven't already) just to check.

Pretty crazy timing.
Hehe. Yeah, I figured she'd been around and I just hadn't noticed her or something. I'll hold off then. I'd planned to PM her in a bit and ask, but now I don't have to.

*waits to sign up for Val's game*