The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2002, 11:47 AM   #41
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'm in my last year of what (I think) in the US would be junior high(I'm 15), and we're at school from 8.30 to 14.00, so we eat lunch at 11! Elevenses! So if I start eating breakfast twice, and having afternoon tea, I'll be a real, seven-meals-a-day hobbit!
I'm a bit of a lonely LOTR fan too. There's three girls and four boys in my year who likes LOTR. Not very many.. But that's about 6% of all the people in my year..
Old 08-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #42
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
heh heh heh , those are very funny! I've got to see how many of them I can try before I'm kicked out of school!!! Last year, for grad we had to make our faces out of construction paper (very stupid and pointless in my opinion) and i made mine look like an elf with long hair and big pointy ears. I got very strange looks.
Quote:
Get on a fake horse at the grocery store (those litte ones you pay 25 cents to ride on) and act like Gandalf The Grey riding his horse in a hurry.[ I know it doesn't have to do with school, but it was funny anyway]
Ohhh! I love those fake horsee thingees! I sat on one and pretended to wave my sword around. Then I stole my sister's stuffed animal and shouted "If you want him com and claim him!" It made her cry. i'm so mean [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Quote:
Talk as many people as you can into dressing like ringwraiths for prom
That'll ber great!! I bet I acutally could...
Old 08-28-2002, 04:38 PM   #43
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I am a lonely LotR fan too, I have only one friend who likes it!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:57 PM   #44
elanor_niphredil
Pile O'Bones

elanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I know that this has already been said, but where is everyone finding these friends that like LOTR? None of mine had even heard of it before the film came out! i only know of one other person in my year that has read it!
By the way, those are really funny! I already complain about second breakfasts being banned in our house, and my books all have their very own eye of sauron, besides various other doodles! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
However, most of the others would either be greeted with detention or blank stares!( not that that would stop me!)
Old 08-29-2002, 02:24 PM   #45
Mithril
Pile O'Bones

Mithril has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have done one of these, just a couple of hours ago, as a matter of fact. I was thinking about one of the questions on one of my tests. I got bored and doodled a Ringwraith on my paper. It wasn't a very good picture, but I left it there anyways. It's also not very detailed, but that's okay. Also, I am currently wearing the one ring that I got off my bookmark. No one has really looked at it, so I haven't had to yell at anyone yet! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Well, all of these sound funny, but i don't know how many I'd have the courage to try! Also, I don't know of anyone that has read LOTR. They have all heard of it, but that's cause of me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2002, 05:51 PM   #46
gollum*elf*pup
Shade of Carn Dûm

gollum*elf*pup has just left Hobbiton.
Well, most of my friends like lotr, but only the film!!! It's all very sad. They are all illiterate. I know maybe, one and a half of my friends who have read the books. But they're all crazy anyway (just like me! )so they would probebly do most of these things evem though they are not bright enough to understand anything.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:39 PM   #47
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
Tolkien

Yeah, I only know of a few lotr fans too, but we are all obsessed, so thats at least a start!
Today during pe my coach passed out papers explaining the rules of tennis. While he was yapping something about foot faults and service lines, I doodled a pic of a wraith and a zortonian playing tennis... Quite odd, actually.
Then the coach saw and confiscated my pen... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I yelled my preciousssss! Thats mine! and all this other stuff, but it made no difference.
Then I found a piece of chalk on the ground (or maybe it wasnt chalk, but it wrote on the ground well so...) Well I drew the tolkinen symbol thing under the bench on the tennis court! I wonder how long till someone discovers it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2002, 04:58 PM   #48
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

*Kidnaps you all and brings you into my 10th grade class (woo! I'm officially a 10th grader now!) so that you can meet my 8 other LotR fan friends...yes: there are 9 of us! Cool, huh?*

Heehee: I'm sending a link to these to my friends...

And I do mutter "My precious" a lot in school...and I growl like an Orc in people's faces when they try to do something to me. And I insult people in Elvish, refusing to tell them what it means. Or I make random references to very minor characters in The Sil...and go into long monologues comparing the Sil to other major religions. And I point out how my other friends' "favorite" books are much like LotR in many ways. Then I go into a "rant" about how the author must have copied Tolkien, not being a good enough author to rely on his own thoughts.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:28 PM   #49
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Tolkien

I just love to see the look on peoples faces when they have no idea what you said, but they know it must be something bad... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2002, 01:10 PM   #50
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Tolkien

Now I have laughed my head I realize I was laughing at myself.
What's really sad is that I have done more than one of those things. I even made a sign and stuck it on the front of my locker that said "You shall not pass!" It was...er...taken down and I had to explain to my proncipal what the heck was wrong with my head.
Anyway, I've done the eraser thing, the doodles thing, the elf-on-lunch-table thing, the man-flesh thing, and I dressed like a Nazgul on one of the days we didn't have to wear our uniforms. They sent me home to get some "approiate clothing." I have also called my english teacher an orc (she wouldn't let me read the Lord of the Rings for a book report) and called my principal sauron. He didn't like that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 07:32 PM   #51
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
ACTUALLY THE RING ON A CHAIN ONE I HAVE A RING ON A CHAIN AND ALL MY LOTR CRAZY FRIND TRY TO STEAL IT
*TURNS AROUND AND BEATS FRINDS OFF WITH A STICK*
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:16 PM   #52
ElvenSunSet9

Tolkien

i have one of the Rings form the book mark...i now wear it on a chain because it kept turning my finger green..(another reason its evil)...any wayi have convinced most of my friends to call me by my elven name and i found the other day i had to write 10 sentences w. my vocab words and 7 out of the 10 had to do w. Tolkien...oh and there is a whole section in my book dedicated to the literacy of J.R.R. Tolkien i was one VERY happy elf [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*.:*Anaryalovaien*.:* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 10:19 AM   #53
Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Animated Skeleton

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam Send a message via AIM to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Sting

isn't it nice to know that your not the only lotr freak on earth???

we have our little gang, i'm the "ring-leader" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], i'm Merry, i'm also the one who gets into trouble 24-7!

i actually did the choking bit on my teacher! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
surved jug (nuthin new)
and me'n' my friends always go on orc raids!

the other day, my little sister was whining around the house for cookies, and i was so fed up that i just said " If you want it, GO AND CLAIM IT!" she just stared at me. (she's only 2) hey! it got her to stop whining though!

and i'm ALWAYS freakin ppl out by acting like gollum, and talking to "my precious"

and now i'm freakin myself out for posting this!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

TEACHER'S COMING AHHHH!!!!!!!!!
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2002, 11:58 PM   #54
JenFramp
Haunting Spirit

JenFramp has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to JenFramp
Sting

i really think all you simply have to do..is walk around dressed like a hobbit..people would think you were nuts
Old 09-13-2002, 04:16 PM   #55
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

Quote:
Paint the "White Hand of Saruman" on your face with white-out and ask the cafeteria lady for man-flesh.
Although they were all knee-slapping *har har har* funny, that was the most hilarious!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I marvel at whoever thought up all of these. They are genius! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I might try some of the 'tame' ones Monday at school. I go to a Catholic, all-girl, strict high school, so alot of these might land me in detention. (X_X)
Old 09-29-2002, 01:22 AM   #56
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
White-Hand

i often take my LOTR book to scool and hiss "my presssssssssiossss" over it
Old 09-29-2002, 01:59 PM   #57
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

Quote:
doodle LOTR scenes all over your work, with your own captions, like the nazgul doing the macarena
sorry, too late, ive been doing that since i read the book when i was 10. Im now nearly 14
Carnëiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:13 PM   #58
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Tolkien

we had a orchestra concert yesterday and our teacher has this strict no neclaces policy when we play our insturments (it scraches them) so for the concert and all of us wore our one rings on our fingers and a few audience members asked our teacher if all the orchestra members wore those rings at the concerts, and wanted to know where she could get one for her daughter... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
The look on our teachers face when she found all us wearing the one rings... priceless!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 06:16 PM   #59
Gliniel
Pile O'Bones

Gliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gliniel
Ha ha ... y'all should go to my school. I go to a conservatory for the arts, so you bet your sweet self there's some crazy people there. And tons that are enamoured with LotR!!!! I swear though ... if anyone did that stuff at my school, even the really wacky ones, no one would care. It would be considered NORMAL. I might try the asking for man-flesh in the cafeteria line thing ... they might actually have it! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Gliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:57 PM   #60
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

this topic should be renamed "How to lose your friends with lotr" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 08:25 PM   #61
Nenfea

1420!

rofl well i go to a small(like onlky 208 ppls) and I havent seen neone that likes LOTR well i dont know if i would do any of those things.We have to were uniforms but are school isnt to strict and i have so much fun always laughing and my friend and i have this thing about firebreathing penguins, spanish penguins steal my sombreros, and i poke badgers with spoons lol CRAZY TOTALY BUT SO SO FUN.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:13 PM   #62
Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas
Wight

Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I actually did the Man Flesh one....She gave Me two slabs of ham instead....

[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas ]
Old 09-30-2002, 01:24 PM   #63
ElvenSunSet9

Tolkien

I have another one to add.....

Today at lunch i was sitting with a group of my friends and most of them got up and left and i said " Hey my people are leaving!" my friend turned around and said what. without even thinking is said " my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Dwarves? They hide in their mountains seeking riches,they care nothing for the troubles of others." they just kinda sat there lookin at me but it was funny!

.:.*Anaryaloveian*.:.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:33 PM   #64
Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas
Wight

Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Heheheh...I gotta remember that line.

I also tried the "Elf running across the table tops" That didn't work out all that well though....The 5th table had a bad leg and crumbled under My weight...I still got the scar on My left leg to prove it to...

And I've also shouted "there's a fell voice I the air" several times when a teacher spoke...You shoulda heard the laughing, even those who didn't see/read Lord Of The Rings laughed [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Of course, My jumping up with a ruler in My hand sorta added to the comedy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 30, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrèna Greenarrow Legolas ]
Old 10-04-2002, 02:20 PM   #65
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i do textiles gcse, cafe project rules when its lotrs. i get to read the book all lesson and then murmur about it being research! English schools are stupid especially mine!
i love all of these but would so get killed for doing any of them! i write the elvish date on the board and greet everyone in elvish! the teachers think i'm wierd so it doesn't matter
Old 01-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #66
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

me and my friend are calling everyone Stupid fat hobbit! and i've started insulting people in Elvish. We randomly quote LotR all the time, and people look at us weird. a lot. when we next get in the city, we're going to do the "what about breakfast?" bit in a restaurant. hee hee. yep, we're official LotR freaks. Lol.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:28 PM   #67
Nari
Haunting Spirit

Nari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nari
Silmaril

the weird goth kid? *frowns a lil and tries hard not to cry* not all goths are weird... *blinks furiously and looks away*
Old 01-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #68
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I finally met somebody at school as obsessed as I am. Unfortunately he's in Grade Nine and I'm in Grade Thirteen, so we have no classes together. I knew he was a good guy when I walked in the Music room and saw him writing "345 day til RotK" on the board.
What a great kid... he makes chainmail armour. Black chainmail, too... I think I'll commission some.... wear it to school....
Old 01-11-2003, 04:20 PM   #69
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

If I ever need to scare any of my friends, I just sneak up behind them and go "gollum, gollum" they always jump straight out of their shoes even though I do it about 6 times a day. Fun.

We have super-hero day in the spring at my school. Most people come wearing batman shirts or whatever else, but my friends and I all dress as wizards and hobbits. Last year my favorite teacher gave us permission to whack all the people that were making fun of our costumes with our staffs and walking sticks. Fun. Very fun.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:16 PM   #70
Eglaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Eglaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

OMG! these will be my new new years resolutions...all to be accomplished by the end of the year.. hopefully...omg! they are hilarious!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #71
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

My friend Sandy and three or four other friends of mine were playing cards at lunch. I was watching, and writing stuff down for something (homework... who cares?), when I heard Sandy humming a few notes, and I ercognised the Fellowship theme in the first three notes, and started whistling along. When there's the really high note at the end I couldn't hit it so I tried to sing it opera-style. I whistled the song in the rest of my classes that day.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:47 AM   #72
Sindafalathiel
Haunting Spirit

Sindafalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sindafalathiel
Sting

heh. theese are great. I alreadyh dosome of them...And I will be doing the eraser thing soon...
"My Legions of Terror will be an equal-opportunity employer. Conversely, when it is prophesied that no man can defeat me, I will keep in mind the increasing number of non-traditional gender roles." ~The Evil Overlord List
Sindafalathiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:34 PM   #73
FarathrimMaiden
Pile O'Bones

FarathrimMaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I related all like 15 of my vocab senetnces to lord of the rings once, and i plan to continue to do that.
I only have umm two good friends who like lotr, one has read the books one hasnt, the rest put up with my lotr quotes and crap, i went as an elf for halloween, and dragged one friend to the rennassaince fair with me (where i was dressed as an elf but everyone thought i was a fairy)she actually liked the ren fair , tho, so thats cool

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: FarathrimMaiden ]

*Frodo most certainly does live.*

"Will you look into my mirror?"
"What will I see?"
FarathrimMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 01:02 PM   #74
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Here's a little trick I pulled with some of my friends. A teacher came with some stupid device to measure to size of your long's. We where seated around a table all on chair's and he sat next to it. My mischivous friend was firsth and here's the dialog:

Friend: It's a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this device?
Other friend: We can not wield it, non of us can.
Friend:And what does a mhere ranger knows of this matter?
Me:He is no mere ranger, he is Martin, son of his father. And the rightfull king of his room. You don't ohw him your alleigeance.

Friend wanted to continue, but then the teacher kicked us out.

I must say we got really far.

Greetings,

Anuion

P.S. This is also a very good trick when somebody has show and tell.

Hahahahahaha picture that.

Kid: This is my cat.
You: It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this cat?
etc.
hahahahahahahaha that would be funny.
________
Volcano Review

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:31 PM   #75
briananoel

Sting

Ha ha! These are funny!
It's really unfortunate for me that I'm the only person I know who really is into anything LotR related. I only have two friends who read the books but they don't like to admit it or talk about it. So I'm the only one randomly quoting things. Oh well, they don't know any better. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #76
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
1420!

Ok, last week I wore a cape to school so this week Im going to do it again and shout Lotr quotes! I enjoy freaking people out. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
and Im gonna have to work on the nazgul macarena....

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Taure Leafsilver ]
Old 01-13-2003, 12:22 AM   #77
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

Once upon a time, after doing something not approved of with a pair of friends (I think we left school grounds for lunch or something stupid like that) our school disciplinarian made a beeline towards us at our lockers, and, before thinking I cried aloud; "'Ware! Ware! Mumak! May the Valar turn him aside!" It got me an extra 20 minutes of detention (and the teacher a new nickname), but it was worth it! The look on our teacher's face was simply priceless. And I had to explain to him who the Valar are, and what a Mumak is. This was my English Literature teacher too... *sigh* Uneducated git.

Other than that, my LotR obcession is pretty low-key. Only my brother knows the full extend of my madness.

EDIT
Quote:
Well I drew the tolkinen symbol thing under the bench on the tennis court!
I found out recently, quite by accident, that that symbol is identical to the Chinese symbol for "East." Does anyone know if that is intentional?

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Garen LiLorian ]
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:01 PM   #78
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Well, my friend and I have the habit of acting out random scenes throughout the day and we DO say "Shire? Baggins?" to our Art teacher at times...he has to yell at us for not shutting up and getting down to our work. Well, as I am taking art as a Major, I kind of have to focus on it, but that's beside the point...
Old 01-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #79
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Dear Vanima,

If you have art as major subject you can draw Tolkien all the time. Or just bend the assigntment towords Tolkien.

Example: I now have to draw a street in line perspective. Guess what I drew. Excactly: The street in Bree with the prancing Pony in it. I must say it turned out pretty nice.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
N46

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:18 PM   #80
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Shield

After my group of Geek-friends and I saw TTT, while we were waiting for our ride, we walked around outside the theater reeeeeally slow like ents.

Anyways, we were very tempted to get to school early the next day and wait in the most trafficked hallway before everyone came madly running to their lockers. Then we would start Ent-walking and when people would start yelling at us & throwing stuff, yell, "Don't be hasty little hobbits!"

But considering that absolutely no one would get it and we would be pelted with school-supplies and trampled to death, we didn't.

Alas