User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2002, 12:28 PM   #241
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for a while.
I have had problems with my internet.
I thought I could make the hooded figures, Elves!
Yes ELVES!
It is said that orcs were originally corrupted elves. So why wouldn't Sauron try to create a new breed of orcs from elves that his servants had captured.Hmmmmmm, I can't post again till I hear your views. So please hurry!
Great Story So Far!
If you can give me your views I'll post and let Tinuiel get off to her own devices.

Sorry again!

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:17 PM   #242
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

Ok... to suicidal elf chick --> if you want to get into the rpg, you should post here first.. and just a note: Daegon was certainly not sitting by a fire! He was hiding, and a fire is seen far away!

You others, could I please have some comment from someone of you about Daegon?!? pleeeaaasee?
Old 06-25-2002, 02:40 PM   #243
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

LúthienTinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

I'm totally fine with Daegon, but it really doesn't affect my story. Maybe others would be better to comment...
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.

http://www.thereandbackagain.net
Old 06-25-2002, 03:12 PM   #244
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

WHO is suicidal elf chick?! I think it's kind of late in the story, and it seems to have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the side-stories. She's simply creating her own side-story! I don't know what she's planning to do, but it sure is something suicidal!
Old 06-26-2002, 08:22 AM   #245
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Anarya SilverBranch has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know, no offense to Suicidal Elf Chick, But I don't known any possible way she could fit into the story now with that character. Maybe we should copy the post, delete it, than post on discussion incase she still wants it like what Gil used to do.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #246
Gayahithwen
Wight

Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Sting

the only thing is - we can't delete it.. Well, at least we can ignore her, as she appearantly doesn't read the discussion board.. she just got here, posted something totally new that didn't fit into the history at all and left.. it seems like that to me anyway.. oh..

well, I better write something more.. I hate when it's not being weekend, because the RPG's goes so slow then.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 05:20 PM   #247
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Well, I'm going camping, so I'm not going to be on very often for the next few days. I got my laptop luckily (thank Elbereth for technology!) so I'll be popping in and out, but no chat for me. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It uses Netscape, and the chat room utterly rejects it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But in any case, I'll be on for a bit to at least keep up on the RPG!
Old 06-27-2002, 12:36 AM   #248
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anarya and GreatWarg,
sorry for my absence. I’ve been rather busy w/ school starting, and me job-hunting (ahh, the realities of life!)
Thanks for your compliments!

Well, we’re off then!

Gaya, Sauche & Amaryllis,
all your ideas are good. About Daegon, well, I don’t know about Boss Gil, but how can you explain him being in Mirkwood? He isn’t a dark elf too is he? Would he be similar to Mornovarion? (too many coincidences)
Just make sure he won’t complicate the main plot…. Too many subplots is like having too many ingredients for a recipe. It can come out pretty good… or pretty darn confusing to the palate.
But go ahead… as you say, we do have the edit/delete option. And Gil gets the final say.

Um, who is suicidal elf chick?
Old 06-27-2002, 04:36 PM   #249
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

no problem Thalion, I'm just waiting for Anarya to post...
Old 06-28-2002, 05:11 AM   #250
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Hello,
I won't be able to post for about two weeks as I am going on holiday. I couldn't post anyway until you give me your views on the hooded figures being elves. This will affect you all, so give me your views!

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Old 06-28-2002, 06:17 AM   #251
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

Hey all!
Hope you remember me!
I've been looking at the story so far and your posts and they are excellent *applause* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I've got a few ideas for my character. Does anyone know when Gil will b back?
Old 06-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #252
suicidal elf chick
Shade of Carn Dűm

suicidal elf chick has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Okay, I'm sorry... Please don't yell at me... I'm just a strange girl looking for something cool to do. Just ignore what I said. I didn't read the discussion board, I confess. I'm sorry, once again. Oh, and to GreatWarg, I am a 13 year old girl that is extremely bored with nothing to do. Good enough for ya? Bye.
"Feeling like a freak on a leash, feeling like I have no release. How many times have I felt diseased? Nothing in my life is free, is free.... Sometimes I cannot take this place, sometimes it's my life I can taste." - Korn 'Freak on a Leash'

Who are you?
Old 06-28-2002, 11:35 AM   #253
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Send a message via ICQ to LúthienTinúviel Send a message via AIM to LúthienTinúviel
Sting

It's alright, suicidal elf chick. We were just all pretty confused and didn't know whether or not you knew you couldn't do something like that.

Morno--I really don't know about your idea. I think they've already been described by GW (I think it was you, but it could have been Thalion or Anarya) as "spirits," or maybe I'm going crazy. Last night was rough.

Honestly, I don't feel like I can make this call. It could work, but I was always leaning towards spirits myself.

Old 06-28-2002, 09:49 PM   #254
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Shield

I think Daegon is doing fine. Should I wait for him to chase me though or should I take up with the running part?

About the hooded figures: Elves may be a bit "odd" to say the least. it would certainly stir thigns up a bit more.

Looks like I'm headed for another ruined dress.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2002, 04:22 AM   #255
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Nice-Smeagol/Mornovarion,
about elves as the hooded figures..... its a creative idea. But we should all remember, that the Elves were one tough race to “cow”. Even Morgoth/Melkor had to kidnap the ones who had NOT been “influenced” by the Valar to be able to torture and manipulate them into orcs (BoLT and Silmarillion). But I must admit, he (Morgoth) did enslave several (as in the case where Beleg saved one, when he went to rescue Turin). Men were easier to master and control totally – that’s why Sauron was able to use, or rather create, Nazguls/Ulairi/Ringwraiths from Man. Also, when an elf dies, or wanes away, his/her spirit goes straight to Mandos. It seemed they weren’t susceptible to the wraiths’ influence (like when Frodo was stabbed by a Nazgul blade... he’d have become a wraith himself if not for Elrond healing him).
Besides, haven’t you noticed Sauron usually used what was at hand, rather in creating something from “scratch” (like what Morgoth did). Perhaps because he was a Maia, a lesser Ainur, unlike his previous master, Morgoth (though this did not make him less dangerous).
But if you still wish to go through w/ it... why not? THAT IS, IF EVERYONE AGREES! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just make sure its an interesting twist to the story, not completely rocking it. It should blend and compliment each sub-plot, too! (besides, we do have the edit/delete option, don’t we?)

And like I always say, Gilthalion the Boss, has the final say! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2002, 11:17 AM   #256
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Okay, sounds interesting... so the hooded figures are Elves that have somehow been brought under Sauron's sway? Just find a way how that can happen, and I'll be happy... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2002, 12:57 PM   #257
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I'm with GW...it is a really cool idea if we can pull it off. What I mean is, if we can invent a convincing way that these elves were brought under Sauron's control, then we would have ourselves one heck a plot twist. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Does anyone have any ideas on how Sauron might be able to accomplish this feat?

Old 07-01-2002, 04:59 AM   #258
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Hello folks!
Hey it seems our story is at another “brain-storm” – hope Boss Gil will be coming in soon!
Okay, either I’ve been “involving” myself too much into our story... or my brain was too darn tired and actually tried to “escape” subconciously to Mirkwood! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Last night I dreamt of Rűdhchamion and Nazguls for some odd reason, and it lead me to re-read certain parts of RotK, UT and Sil. And this is what I’ve got to say...
Gilthalion is a genius! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Did you guys (and, eherm, ladies) know that he placed us at a time-table that we have been slowly put together in such a way that it would lead to the Nine Walkers’ quest? And get this (though I don’t know if its just coincidence, or if Anarya has read the part of the book, if so I must commend her for seeing it before me), Sauron put three Nazguls in Dol Goldur!
Our story also puts us near the time (if not during) when Celebrian was attacked by orcs! So I must apologize to GreatWarg/Khelek about questioning him how he got to Mirkwood from Rivendell. It all makes (evil) sense! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Soon, into the future, Thranduil will be beseiged by the forces of the Nazguls (by order of the Dark Boss, er, I mean Lord!). So will Lothlorien (but I doubt we will get involve there...), and - hola! – gollum appears... and I’m getting carried away... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

(oh, and I hope someone can get an idea from my "ramblings", inspiration maybe? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] and we can use it w/ the "elf idea" Morno/Nice_Smeagol mentioned!)

Okay, okay... I’m off to post! (Darn though, I was actually hoping to meet Gandalf!) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #259
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Gee, and I had no idea I was making sense! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Wow Thalion, that saves me the trouble of explaining myself to Gilthalion! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You have interesting dreams; and now the whole thing makes sense! GILTHALION'S A GENIUS!!! He purposely plotted the timeline to be before the Quest, and therefore it makes sense!!! Three cheers for Gilthalion and Company!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:32 PM   #260
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Er, actually, read the very first post that started this RPG. It says Legolas is over 4000. At the time of the Ring, he was around 2500. This thing is after the War of the Ring. Now I am just totally confused. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 05:20 AM   #261
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

GW,
whoa there! You seem to be confuzzling yourself partner! LOL

Quote:
Our story begins several years before the War of the Ring. Your characters will not be aware of the events surrounding that war, since they have not happened yet!...
I can't recall reading Legolas' actual age in any of the books I've read... er, could you refresh me on that? I know his age was discussed in the forum, but I had no interest in Lego at that time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Right now, I don't have the books w/ me.
I actually had to post this hastely... job-hunting is taking alot of my time [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anarya,
the dark elf is starting to show his feelings towards the young elf maiden... but w/ the quest at hand.... *shrugs*
let's just let the story flow, shall we?

I wish though Gilthalion would come back soon. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 07:44 AM   #262
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Sure thalion, I agree. Anyway, Anarya has a few ideas herself about this quest [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 09:00 AM   #263
Fair Amaryllis
Haunting Spirit

Fair Amaryllis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fair Amaryllis
Sting

Hey I'm gonna be gone for the next week or so. I'll post when and if I can. Everything is going great though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Where is Daegon though?
Old 07-03-2002, 11:28 AM   #264
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

*gagagagagag* Sorry, just getting a little cheesy. Oh well, go for it love-birds! And I'll just make sure you guys don't do anything... weird, okay? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2002, 03:10 AM   #265
Gayahithwen
Wight

Sting

*feeling very embarrased*

Ok.. I think I posted last Sunday (or was it Saturday?) and told you people that I would post soon again.. right? Weee-eeell.. Some people had, without my knowledge, decided that it would be a good idea for me to stay at some friends for a while.. I didn't mind, they have such cute kids! But unfortunaly, they didn't give me time to tell you people that I would be gone for the rest of the week.. and the people I was staying with doesn't have internet.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

ok, enough with excuses.. Just a thought.. SAUCHE! Why on Middle-Earth did you have to drag Amaryllis with you OUT of the forest? LoL.. j/k.. but if you hadn't, Daegon could have saved you and gained your confidence.. right?

someone asked if Daegon was a dark elf.. I'm not sure what to answer on that, but he is just as the other elves that live in Mirkwood.. This is complicated to explain, but he would NEVER EVER do anything like what he now is planning, hadn't it been for his sister.. Ok? Well, I better be off posting NOW then..
Old 07-05-2002, 10:21 AM   #266
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

So when exactly is Rudchamion gonna tell about his past, eh Thalion? It should play quite a large role on our account. And Gaya, have any ideas on how our little company should meet up with yours? A chance-meeting,a s we say in Middle-earth. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2002, 08:05 AM   #267
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Where is thalion anyway? He hasn't posted in three days!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:49 AM   #268
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Quote:
(After reading the posts) Rűdhchamion: Thal, why'd you let the pup come?
Thalion: Because Anarya wanted a puppy. Don't you like him?
Rűdhchamion: Well, yeah... he's alright, great companion in the woods, fights good too... but...
(Turning to the dark elf, raising an eyebrow)Thalion: Don't tell me you we're planning to do something... um, weird?
(Reddening) Rűdhchamion: Of course not, you cantankerous-
Thalion: I am NOT cantankerous you... you poopyheaded figment of the imagination!
and so goes an insane conversation triggered by the weather...
Anarya & GW,
My apologies for the long absence... job-hunting and school affairs have been keeping me away from the Downs. Not to mention the weather we're having in this part of asia - the monsoon rains are causing floods even in the cities! (and for the life of me, I can't understand why a person would still use an umbrella even if one was already sumberged chest-deep in water... to keep the head dry?) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

GW,I have told my story before... at Thranduil's court. But I get the picture. Maybe I can add some stuff to make our adventure more interesting. But Anarya may grow tired of my story... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2002, 06:08 AM   #269
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Hey all!
I just want to ask GreatWargand Anarya if you would like to have me in your party to Dol Goldur? Thalion has no problem with it. My character is an 18 year old farmers daughter from Calembel who finds herself lost looking for her husband....If you want more info, let me know! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2002, 01:20 PM   #270
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

I don't mind Tara. It's almost as if I had no say in it, because I'm a puppy, but anyways... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just don't... *snigger* make Anarya jealous.

LOL Thalion! Okay, I can't stop laughing now...
Old 07-07-2002, 06:48 PM   #271
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

GW, you sound just like my little brother!! He does the same thing around my boyfriend [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tara I'm ok with that! We shall search high and low for that runaway husband of yours while moving on to,dun dun dun, *dramatic pause* Dol Guldor.Anyway, it would be nice to have another female around, you don't know how frustrating it is to try to comunicate with guys.

Thalion You have monsoons where you live? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Cool!!! What part of Asia do you live in?
Old 07-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #272
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Quote:
Thalion: I am NOT cantankerous you... you poopyheaded figment of the imagination!
poopyheaded figment of the imagination??? LOLOLOLOL! And thank you, Anarya, for comparing me to your little brother - I truly appreciate it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 05:45 AM   #273
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Woo Hoo! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Thanks guys! Well tell me what you think of my first post...

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 07-08-2002, 06:55 AM   #274
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Question

Just a quick question for Anarya and co. Have you left Greenwood yet? Im still catchin' up and don't want to be in the wrong place!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 01:46 PM   #275
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Nopers, we haven't left Mirk... pardon - Greenwood yet. Shall I sniff out your scent, or what? *sniffs around* Meaning no offence, of course! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #276
LúthienTinúviel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Hey all. I'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week. Won't be able to post. Sorry. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Perhaps when I come back we'll have some thumbs up from Gil so Morno and I can get on with our part of the story.

Good luck posting! Hope you all have a good week.

Old 07-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #277
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

Will someone please post!!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #278
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Where’d everyone go??? How come no one’s posting??? Where's the hobbit? the dwarves? the elves??? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Hello Everyone!
The weather has finally gotten better… the sun deciding to finally show itself. The floodwaters are slowly receding, thank Manwe. I thought I was going to start growing fins and gills! The powers are back on!!! Yehey!!! *claps* I can now go out and rent at the cybercafe… since I buried my PC in floodwater. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anarya,
LOL… you like monsoon rains? Picture the great deluge… Noah’s Ark even. Okay that was a major exaggeration – but here in the li’l ol’ islands of the Philippines, the monsoons are not exactly a happy event. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Where'd GW go to?

Off to posting!

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]
Old 07-11-2002, 08:22 AM   #279
Anarya SilverBranch
Wight

Sting

TaraI just sort of set the stage for you, if you could put a description of your character up here that would be great, because I didn't know if you were human or elf but I think your elf.

ThalionThe reason why I was so excited about monsoons is because we have been having forest fires and such where I live. The sky is completely filled with smoke and I would love to see some rain!!! Also, sorry I made you tell Rudhchamion's story again for about the hundredth time!!

GWWhere are you? We need Khelek's input on the "mysterious scent" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I miss my puppy!!!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 10:31 AM   #280
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dűm

Question

Did someone say they missed their puppy? *pokes head out of a bush* I just posted, and now waiting for the 'mysterius scent' to tell her part of the tale.

Thalioyulma, why exactly did you drown your PC? I mean, un-plug the thing and get it to dry ground!

Anarya: Have you ever heard of farmers in Mirkwood? *wonders aloud*