The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield Are You Related????

if you had to choose which lotr character you would be related to, would it be:
frodo..legolas..sam..merry..pippin..aragorn..arwen ..gimli..ETC..ETC
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'd want to be an Elf, but not related to Legolas . Lorien Elves are too, well, stuffy in a way to me. I'd be the sister of Arwen, daughter of Elrond. Elrond would be a cool dad. Besides, Rivendell sounds more lax than Mirkwood or Lorien.
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
sauron!!!!! i would be related to sauron!!!!!!!MWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!SAUSAGE!

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.
Nirvana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #4
Frodolvr

Pipe

i would want to be related to Frodo by marriage, but I would like Legolas as a older brother so i could finally have the balance and coordination i've always wanted!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:22 PM   #5
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
*ahem*

If I were a hobbit, t'would be easiest. I'd be related to...anyone. All Hobbits are in some way related, as all family lines spring from the same essential root. Most Hobbits, or Pippin, Merry, Frodo, and Sam (at least) are probably second or third cousins somehow, considering, and the Tooks and Bagginses are more closely intertwined. I don't know WHAT I'd be, I'd just be...well, there. I'd have the benefits of having a fair genetic and familial relationship with all Shirelings.

But, as I come to the next quarry, I see where this thread fails. The Elvish heritage is so rich, all I have to do is be related to any noble elf and *poof* I'm related to 'em all. Observe. If I were Elrond's brother, I'd be related to: -Elrond (but of course),-Arwen,-Gil-galad,-Feanor,-Aragorn,-Turgon,-Fingon,-Fingolfin,-Tuor,-Huor,-Hurin,-Thingol,-Maedhros,-Isildur,-Elendil,-Every Numenorean King,-Galadriel,-Celeborn,-Earendil,-Elros,-Maglor,-Celegorm,-Cebrimbor,-Finwe,-Olwe,-Finrod,-Elladan and Elrohir....

The list goes ever on an on
Down from the key where it began...

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bombadil
Boots

Well Elessar would be a very nice relative to have...but I think everyone knows I'd like to be related to...THE ENIGMA!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
I would be daughter of Elrond and wife of Legolas, Lady of Imladris and Princess of Mirkwood.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:45 PM   #8
Aredhel
Pile O'Bones

Aredhel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Cool!

Well, Simiel, looks like we'd be sisters. I'd love to be either Elrond's daughter, or Elrond's sister... that would be most nice.
Aredhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:59 PM   #9
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Yeah a sister! I think it would also be fun to be related to Thingol and Melian. That would bring a lot of drama to one's life. Got to love that Drama Drama Drama.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:47 AM   #10
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
I'd wanna be a Dwarf....all those mithril at Moria.

Oh. Make that heiress of Durin.
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #11
One of the Nine
Haunting Spirit

Location: In my mind. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
One of the Nine has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to One of the Nine Send a message via MSN to One of the Nine
Sting

I'd want to be a hobbit. Preferably a Took, because the Took side is more adventurous by choice. Also, because I would no doubt be related to the Bagginses and Brandybucks and many others. Many, many others.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:49 PM   #12
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I would like to be Elrond's father's-brother's-cousin's-nephew's-sister's-former room-mate. Seriously though, I'd prefer to be his cousin on his father's side, but he adopts me as a second daughter when my parents are murdered by corsairs just a few months after I'm born. (This is actually a set-up for a short story that I'm working on.)
Old 07-19-2004, 04:56 AM   #13
lothlorien

lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Are You Related

Hi everyone I've been away for ages
But I'm finally back anyway if I could be related to any character it would be.

Either Aragorn or Haldir cause it would be really cool to live in Gondor or Lothlorien that's what I think anyway

Seeya later oh and it's great to be back
from Lothlorien
lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #14
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Nimrothiel: Be very careful with that story. Ye don't want to be writing a Mary-Sue, now do ye?

I am a Took.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #15
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
Part of me says Galadriel because of her inner and outer beauty. However, if I wanted to be a rather comical person I would say Pippin. I'm already a hobbit so in the long run it would be Pippin.
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #16
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

*Nimrothiel: Be very careful with that story. Ye don't want to be writing a Mary-Sue, now do ye? *
Could you explain that please? I'm not exactly sure what you mean, other than the fact that I may be inadvertantly copying someone's previous work.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM   #17
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

i myselfwould be Treebeards son the first enling of the fourth age i would be called Treeroot and my mother would be Lady Pinewood(made it up)
Old 07-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #18
pug of crydee

Shield

Hey all new member here
Old 07-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #19
pug of crydee

does anyone talk here?
Old 07-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #20
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
pug, this is a forum, not a chatroom. Please see this thread for more explanation. Thanks!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:45 AM   #21
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwishes999
if you had to choose which lotr character you would be related to, would it be:
frodo..legolas..sam..merry..pippin..aragorn..arwen ..gimli..ETC..ETC
It would have to be Éomer...

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:04 AM   #22
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Who better to be related to than the family of Gondor? Boromir is an ideal elder brother to joke with and be protected by, and Imrahil is the favourite uncle who teaches you to climb trees and play Middle-earth style cricket. And Denethor's the sort of relative who drags you off to his study and shows you his antique seal (the stamps, not the sea creatures) collection or takes you on outings to the local Kin-strife Memorabilia Museum (their answer to the American Civil War Museums).

My other choices would be Aragorn (another ideal elder brother and an excellent father type), or Celeborn (a real laugh once Galadriel's out of the way).

Theoden et al seem a good sort of family to be part of, being so closely-knit and all, but there's a lot of deaths in their bunch, and I don't know if I'd want to be part of so much misery. But before the War, they seem like a great group of people to spend the holiday with.

EDIT: I should probably update this to the correct ideal relationship: married to Denethor, naturally, with Boromir and Faramir as my two delightful stepsons, albeit about ten years older than me...

Last edited by Meela; 05-20-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #23
elfwishes999
Animated Skeleton

elfwishes999 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

you know, this is funny, but when i started this thread, i didn't even say who i'd be related to! Well, i'd have to say Pippin or Merry because they probably would be the funnest (is that a word?) relatives to have, and besides, like Kransha said, all hobbits are related somehow. And i know that Pippin, Frodo, and Merry are related because Tooks, Brandybucks, and Bagginses are all related. But, Pippin would be a cool brother or father to have, because of his adventurous behavior..
elfwishes999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:12 AM   #24
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Finarfin, because then its pretty much a cert that I'd get to hang around in the blessed realm!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #25
Lady Gamgee
Animated Skeleton

Lady Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'd definitely be a member of the Hobbit family. There are too many similarities between myself and Hobbits, except I'm 5'8 That's about the only difference. I'd want Merry & Pippin as close relatives, as they would bring much fun & adventure to my Hobbit world.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #26
Morgoth's Apprentice
Animated Skeleton

Location: In Angband, chillin with Morgoth and learning how to take over the world
Morgoth's Apprentice has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morgoth's Apprentice
Dark-Eye

I hate to say it, but I definitely share a lot of characteristics with Aragorn. Not that that would be my ideal character to be related to, but its the one (good) character that I have a lot in common with.

If I could choose, I'd be related to Morgoth, because then I'd be a freaking powerful Vala capable of destroying a lot of stuff in a really short amount of time. Yes, it's like that
Morgoth's Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 AM   #27
kementari
Haunting Spirit

kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to kementari
Relations

I'd really want to be related to Arwen, probably as a sister. To reside in Rivendell would be ideal. And yes, having a father like Elrond would be groovy.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.
kementari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 PM   #28
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shield

I want to be Eowyn's sister.