The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #81
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Quote:
Raefindel- Twentysome year old redhead... okay I'll just say Willow from Buffy the
Oh thank You, ithaeliel, that describes me 10 years ago. Well, I'll admit I've never seen "buffy the vampire slayer" before.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:02 AM   #82
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

BW is not a chick! He's a lady!
Old 06-01-2002, 08:53 AM   #83
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i will keep mine to a minimum, cuz i have this little habit that runs along the lines of open mouth, insert foot...
BW: a scary -looking ghost with with some bloodstains (think HP Bloody Baron)
Ilthaeliel: tall, dark hair, in love with Legolas.
hey! im not good at this! (ooh, surprise) o well. am i right? anyone wantm to take a stab at me?
ps: Ilthaeliel, your no ehere close with the Liv Tyler thing for Naurlothwen, but the bad temper is right on. she'll be very flattered, though
Old 06-01-2002, 10:46 AM   #84
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Laiedheliel and Ithaeliel- the only thing you got right was the Nickelback t-shirt!!! (how could I not have 1!!) I'm not blonde. And I'm DEFINETLY not one of those teeny boppers.....Nickelback is the only softest music I like, well with the exception of Enya and the LotR soundtrack. And don't think I'm yelling at you guys, I find it amusing of what you think of me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This post is fun!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:54 AM   #85
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ithaeliel, I thought the same thing for Sharku!! And I never knew the Barrow-wight was a girl!! Sorry, Barrow-wight no offense! lol, that was funny what you said though. Ok I'm gonna describe you and Laiedheliel cuz you both did the same for me! (did I already describe you though already? Oh well, I'll do it again, fresh start)

Ithaeliel- brownish blondish hair,like a little past your shoulder, greyish kinda eyes, pretty tall and you like to be nice and you like swimming....I have no idea where that came from, but that's just what I think!

Laiedheliel- long blondish brownish hair about to your waist, you like to read a lot and like sitting in a tree reading a good book. Umm, you are very shy, but like making a lot of friends.

I'm probably no where near, but it's worth a shot!!
Old 06-01-2002, 10:59 AM   #86
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Just for the record, I am not female.

But if it is somehow sickly gratifying for you to think of me as one, you may continue to do so in private.
Old 06-01-2002, 11:51 AM   #87
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

SHY!!! *ROTF LMAO* Shy, Lothiriel, OMG, if you told my friends (or anyone who has come in contact with me) you though I was shy...*wipes multiple tears away*...Hm, you got the reading thing and the book-in-tree thing right, though, and my hair. Teehee, I love to read in or under an apple tree in the spring.

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]
Old 06-01-2002, 12:06 PM   #88
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Earandil- Boromir in a blue tunic
Lol! That was awesome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Almost feel off my chair...
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #89
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sorry Barrow-wight, but I'll keep thinking of you as a male, I thought so anyway! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Laiedheliel, I guess I'll assume now that your not shy!! But I actually got most of them right!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 01:10 PM   #90
Aosama, the Wandering Star
Wight

Aosama, the Wandering Star has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ithaliel: A rather hyper elf with flyaway brown hair and a ready smile. tall, wears blue dress.

Laedhel(I know I spelt it wrong): Blond elf, quiet, somewhat bemused expression, reserved, calm, mannerly. A true lady.

Sharku: An easily annoyed cartoon eyeball. (His pic)
Old 06-01-2002, 08:08 PM   #91
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

LOL! Sorry BW, it's not that I'm trying to call you a girl, that's just how I imagine it to be [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . You guys got the brown hair and tall right (tall for my age anyhow); I would like to be an elf. Aosama... flyaways??? I try to keep my hair looking nice! Okay, I'm taking a stab at Losthuniel:

Tall with a green summer kimono and light hair done up with a bright smile and dark eyes... gawd, you look just like one of my friends to me!!
And... thinking...
Laiedheliel- Young Noldor elf-woman with strawberry blonde hair and a crown of thin golden leaves. Has a very bright and pretty smile and eyes that light up. Wears white (duh)
Aosama- Ancient lady with black hair and blue eyes sitting under a black sky full of stars and daydreaming.
Rossiel (forgot your full name, sorry)- Warrior woman of Gondor with wild hair and poker face.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:00 PM   #92
Wight

Sting

By 'flyaway' I meant having a life and mind of its own, much like the head it's attached to [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You got the daydreaming and the stars bits right on the dot [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Cimm: Musclebound, poker faced Gondorian with black hair and blue eyes. Tan, wears armour, rarely smiles but has beautiful smile.
Child: Older woman with black hair and crow's feet, sitting at a desk in the library. Accompanied by the library smell: paper, ink, dust, and mystery.
Lush: Vivacious blonde, wears green. Reminds me of the store Lush, a bath store so naturally she smells like all these herbal essences and extracts.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:17 PM   #93
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anyone have an idea about me??? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Those who have seen me can't answer [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]: [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 06-01-2002, 09:21 PM   #94
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

yep, youve hit my elf-self on the head with that. 'cept for the eyes bit. i (really, truly for real) have blue-green-gray ish eyes. i =m gonna stop before i find a nice convenint tangent, or get my foot in my mouth.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:34 PM   #95
Wight

Sting

Joy: A young (teenage) girl, with waving brown hair and grey eyes, wearing a sweater and flying skirts, standing alone at night on a rocky coastline staring either below her into the sea or above her into heaven. Looks rather Irish. If I were to pick an Elvish name for her, it would be Moonwater, or something like that.
*glances up at the description she just wrote*
O my! Where did *that* come from? *grins mischeviously*
Old 06-01-2002, 09:43 PM   #96
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Quote:
I would say that you are about 5'4", brownish/blonde hair. Light skinned, sassy at times, sweet most of the time. I picture you fair to look upon, with a golden smile.
Quote:
Tigerlilly, I picture you as the sweetest and most joyous little she-Hobbit to be found in the Shire. With a big smile and warm, smiling eyes.
Joy, Maikadilwen... thank you both, I am quite flattered. Hmmmm... as for the closeness of them - Joy, you nabbed my haircolor, but I am actually about 4 inches taller (mighty tall hobbit!). As for the personality parts... I can't really judge my personality, but everyone I work with (and there are a lot) seem to really like me, so I guess I'm alright!
Nevtalathiel - Actually, I probably would look a lot like my picture if I were to put on a wench dress and hold a beer mug in each hand [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for picturing other people, I am not really good at this.
Since you asked, Joy, I will give it a shot - I picture you very close to what Aosama has described, only I picture you with blonde hair. You seem like a person who would go out of her way to bring joy (not pun intended) into people's lives! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 09:55 PM   #97
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Actually both of you are fairly close.

Aosama, I am part Irish, but I have deep auburn hair. Also, if I was near a coastline, I would be wearing a sweater, but it is just to hot down here in the deep South! And yes, again if I was on a coastline, I would be standing looking into the breakers below. I already spend my evenings star-gazing. How I long to see an Aurora!

Oh, and Moonwater does fit! I am part Cherokkee Indian also.

Tiger, I am just as my name sounds. I love to bring joy to others. That is my life's goal.

If you want to see a pic go to
My Website.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 06-01-2002, 09:57 PM   #98
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Ahem, I had never realized how distorted your personallity gets when you're online.

Quote:
Laedhel(I know I spelt it wrong): Blond elf, quiet, somewhat bemused expression, reserved, calm, mannerly. A true lady. -Aosama
Awww, thank you! A true lady...I could wish, but I'd never be able to handle that one; I have a hard time keeping my elbows of the table and I can't walk in a skirt. Reserved, calm, and mannerly are wayyyy off the mark-but very funny! Calm and reserved, LMAO...but I suppose most of the time I try to be mannerly...Teehee, why does everyone see me as being so proper and shy?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Laiedheliel- Young Noldor elf-woman with strawberry blonde hair and a crown of thin golden leaves. Has a very bright and pretty smile and eyes that light up. Wears white (duh)-Ithaeliel
Hehe, not so far off. My hair is blonde with dyed-in red streaks, but I almost never wear white. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This is fun! Okay, here're mine (is that an actual contraction?):

Aosama-Shoulder-length black hair, green eyes, rosy cheeks, always smiling with an odd sense of humor. Very kind, though she is very outspoken and never keeps her opinions quiet for long.

Joy-A twenty-something blonde angel with golden wings and alot of wisdom and nieces/nephews. (Just couldn't leave the pic out...)

Ithaeliel- An elf from Rivendell, long brown hair, tall, with an outgoing personallity and a great smile.

Anywhere near?
Old 06-01-2002, 10:12 PM   #99
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Sting

Oh and one more thing. The long flowing skirts are perfect. I either wear that or jeans. No short skirts for me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Laiedheliel - 20 something is more like it. Almost 24. Niece and Nephews are close, more like tons of cousins that think I'm either their big sis or best friend.

PS. Again, I'm a red-head. LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just read my previous post.

Old 06-01-2002, 10:24 PM   #100
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Aosama- Shoulder-length black hair, green eyes, rosy cheeks, always smiling with an odd sense of humor. Very kind, though she is very outspoken and never keeps her opinions quiet for long.
I look like a female Harry Potter! Just kidding. My hair is almost shoulder-length, and I do smile and I'm told I have a strange sense of humour [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I have trouble keeping my opinions to myself with people I know well; if you get me talking about something important to me you will not be able to shut me up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Morquess: A noble, black-haired, steely-grey-eyed Queen of the Deep. Holds a trident, seen standing on the shore of a stormy sea. Calm face betrayed by tempestuous eyes.

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Aosama, the Wandering Star ]
Old 06-02-2002, 06:09 AM   #101
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aosama, I picture Cimmerian as smily all the time, in a kind of cheeky, mischeivous way!
Old 06-02-2002, 06:57 AM   #102
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hm, almost everyone has seen Cimmerian as this big, muscular guy, but I think he's just some little old man, who has a big imagination in the RPGs. Hehe, please don't kill me, Cimmerian (if my assumption is wrong)
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:04 AM   #103
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I kinda picture Cimmerian as Aosama described him. Tall, muscular, but I picture the dark brown hair instead of black. But the blue eyes stay, and definetly that smile [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I guess you could say he's really nice to look at.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Lothiriel Silmarien ]
Old 06-02-2002, 11:11 AM   #104
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Galadrie1: Long blonde wavy hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks, always laughing.
lol, just before i read that i was thinking "i wonder if anyone will describe me as "tall, long blonde hair and blue eyes" (which is totally not me). Laie, u should be able to give a much more educated guess at how i look now: just think "Sandra Bullock" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Laie: long dark brown hair (even though i know it's not like that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]), tall, pale skin, likes cookies, doesn't mind waiting for the "tenth page", and enjoys a good spin now and then [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 06-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #105
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I picture Cimmerian as his picture is. Pictures mess up my brain! I have to think hard after I get used to seeing someone's pic! Ah well.

Laedheliel, that's pretty true, even though I'm not totally outgoing, but once people get to know me, it seems like I would be. All y'all hit me on the nose! The character that I gave that name to looks nothing of the sort, though.

Okee, here're some more (here're is a conjunction now, by the ruling of the Barrow-Downs Linguistic Court!)
Joy- Little redhead cherub who is very cute (your pic)
Nevtalathiel- Wise elf-child with long, curly brown hair and lovely smile.
Old 06-02-2002, 11:21 AM   #106
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daniel Telcontar: the actor who plays Harry Potter.

Maril: a short woman with dark, chin-length brown hair, dark brown eyes, sporting a casual black top and skirt. Fun-loving. Looks like Michelle Branch.

The Barrow-Wight: A brunette young man, with a cream-colored and blue cap. Big eyes, tall, jeans and T-shirt for clothes.

Auriel: long, dark auburn hair. Sharp brown eyes. Blouse and skirt, working stance.

Aosama: young, brown-haired teenage girl. Green eyes. Tank top and jean shorts.

Sharku: old wise guy with a strange, sneering smile.

Starbreeze: light brown hair, smiling and smart. School clothes.

Mhoram: like his picture.

Guo Si: Dark, angry eyebrows. Like one of those Asian men in the old Sprite commercials.

Gimli son of Gloin: black hair, very smart, like Christian from Moulin Rouge!

Cannot do any more so far. I’ve seen everyone’s picture.
Old 06-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #107
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Quote:
Nevtalathiel- Wise elf-child with long, curly brown hair and lovely smile
Aah, thanks, you called me wise [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm flattered [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm so happy now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2002, 04:06 PM   #108
Wight

Sting

Nevta: Figwit's twin sister. Dark hair, adored by many fans, silent yet gracious. Doesn't talk much, but is listened to when she does.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:01 PM   #109
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Kate (onewhitetree): Lux--Kirsten Dunst--from the movie The Virgin Suicides
Old 06-02-2002, 06:10 PM   #110
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

dragongirlg: smart looking asian, funny laugh
Joy: seems Irish...
Aosama: like a flying star
Old 06-02-2002, 07:02 PM   #111
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Thumbs up

Quote:
Laie, u should be able to give a much more educated guess at how i look now: just think "Sandra Bullock"
Laie: long dark brown hair (even though i know it's not like that ), tall, pale skin, likes cookies, doesn't mind waiting for the "tenth page", and enjoys a good spin now and then. -Galadrie1
Teehee, you're right, it's not like that (my hair), but the rest is right!! And now that you mention Sandy, I'm gonna revise my opinion: short dark dark brown hair, brown eyes, full lips, a great smile, and a great friend! Aww, look, I got all sentimental on you guys! hehe

Aosama- A female Harry Potter! That's hard to imagine...But everyone thinks you have green eyes! Is that true?

Quote:
Cannot do any more so far. I’ve seen everyone’s picture. -dragongirlG
You haven't seen mine! Hehe...

I'm going to reask my former question- What is it that makes me come off as being shy and proper? Just wondering, 'cuz it seems to be happening more that I thought...

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]
Old 06-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #112
MiaLisa

Silmaril

ahh i know i dont talk to anyone but would anyone care to take a stab at me?

Old 06-02-2002, 08:27 PM   #113
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
short dark dark brown hair, brown eyes, full lips, a great smile, and a great friend
ahh, perfect *applauds Laie* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Enyáviëiel: hmmm...let's see..long blonde hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, rosy cheeks. likes trees (don't ask me where that came from). am i anywhere close?
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 06-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #114
MiaLisa

Sting

wow Galadrie1! you are like really really close! though my eyes are a bit more on the greenish side. haha trees are cool lol

Old 06-03-2002, 04:40 AM   #115
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

LOL, Aosama, Figwit's twin sister [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #116
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Laiedheliel, I guess it's cuz of your name......I don't know why I kinda think of you as shy!!!! Ahh, hurts my brain too much [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm trying to think of how you come off as shy, but I still just don't get it. I don't know why I think so!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #117
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

My name? Why, does it translate to something strange? Hm, got it off the NG here at the Downs...

*Takes her bows* Hm, Gala, we look pretty alike, except that my hair is almost to my waist and is dirty blonde... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2002, 03:34 PM   #118
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I don't know actually...I look at a name, then, well, uh......ah I don't know, I just think of a new face, and describe it....I have no idea where I come up with these ideas!!! And I was gonna try and take a guess at Enyavieiel, but someone already did and got close, and I already read that, now I know what you look like!
Old 06-04-2002, 12:22 AM   #119
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

My eyes are bulging out of my head:
Quote:
Thinhyandoiel: A girl somewhere between fifteen and twenty, short brown hair, light freckles and an intellectual type. Glasses, maybe? A good writer. Am I anywhere close?
Laiedheliel, you practically hit it on the nose!! omg!! Kudos! (though, no freckles. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
Old 06-04-2002, 01:58 PM   #120
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Quote:
Amanduial the Archer - A wild eyed, tomboyish young woman, wearing mostly boy clothes and sporting a casual, skateboarder look.
wow, u know i was kinda worried about this thread, it cud have been way worse!Im not big on skateboards anymore really, just replace it with a hoody...linkin park probly. Actually youve got it pretty well there! hmnmmm...i hav only read the 1st page and the 3rd page, so i dunno wots in between...
right here goes...
Cimm: Tall, quite muscly, like he works out, but not like on the worlds stongest man competition(thats just eww). Dark eyes and complexion, quite thoughtful looking. I think Id have him down as Gondorian or a barbarian. Serious looking but with a cool sense of humour and faerie pics!
Maril:Quiet busy looking even when not doing anything. Great party organiser!Dont say her name or you wont get to see any of this! Runs her hands through her just past shoulder legth brown hair if shes on the phone when its down, or wears it in a messy bun with bits escaping. Great smile, quite flushed but like shes genuinely pleased to see you.
Nevta:Actually youre probably the person on the site who i imagine as being most like me. Bemused, half amused look. Dont know what shes thinking, but get the feeling she knows exactly what youre thinking!Gets really embarrased(especially about names..hehee..no that was bad of me, smack smack!) Wears dark baggy jeans and a long, near ankle length black coat,like Spike on Buffy the VS(god how fit is he). Fidgets alot with her long fngers. However if shes feeling evil you can feel her wacthing you...always watching you...anyone seen the wickerman? Yeah well theyll haunt you like that...Im gonna stop now...
Elenna: Smiley, mischievious look, but like she can get really mad. However, you wouldnt want to, cos she so freindly! Im sorry, i just cant picture your clothes...blue eyes probably...i hav a feeling im actually nowhere near, am i?