Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2002, 02:08 PM   #81
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

ok well im in england, so dont rush; i dont think the RP wont open till tuesday where i am....somnething like that.
man time differences are a pain!

cant wait for this to open!
lol
Carnëiach
Old 09-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #82
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Hmm, I think it's good timing for me *does the maths* 5 hours ahead...so it starts at 3pm...I get home at 4:15pm...yeh, I'll post about an hour after it starts. Carneiach (sp?), the times are the same for you.

Still awaiting more knowledge on my bit of the RPG.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:12 PM   #83
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Maril --

That background info on Harad is absolutely great!!! I'm printing off a copy for myself. But please check your pms. I still need your bio on Gramil.

Brinniel --

Please check your pms and get back to me with your bio. Also, please get with Alkoonian who's working on the first scenes--stealing the boats--by pm.

Mith -- I agree that indvidual discussion threads would make this easier to keep up with.

Also, Harad delegates, please note I am at work till noon CDT and have no computer access. I'll post the first thread the minute I get home. Thanks.

Sharon
Old 09-22-2002, 05:15 PM   #84
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Still haven't heard anything from Thenimir, so what do I do now.

PS> Varda you should be able to PM me now. Found out how to get you off my ignore list. I've just had a bad week.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 09-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #85
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Well, it seems unanimous to me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Faye Took, I still need your bio. Dame tu bioinformacion, por favor.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:26 PM   #86
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

BW- Separate discussion threads is a fine idea! Feel free to open them up.

All mentors: Some of you have e-mailed me about AWOL participants. Could all mentors please post the names of all missing players here as soon as possible. If they don't show up by tomorrow, we'll reopen enrollment and sign up more people. I have also heard that some mentors have received PMs from people wanting to join. Post those here also. They will receive first consideration for any open spots.

Considering the extent of communications problems, we may push the game back one day if it looks like too many people are not responding.

Participants: While I am in charge of the game in general, the mentors are in charge of their kingdoms. They know what they are doing and have a specific vision of where the game should go, so please listen to their comments and suggestions. The first concern of gamers is that the "plot" and "characters" be believable. Your mentors know what they are doing in this regard so please stay in communication (both her and by PM) and follow their lead.

The decision on whther we proceed or not tomorrow morning will be a "game time" decision. We also have a mentor playing catchup, so a short delay may benefit everyone.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:43 PM   #87
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mirkwood is all ready, and looking fine!

Do you want Country and Character "histories" re-posted in our individual discussion threads?
Old 09-22-2002, 06:43 PM   #88
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I have created a discussion thread for each of the nations represented in "An Audience With the King". Please post only in your specific thread.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:46 PM   #89
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Mithadan,

I have no character bio or first post from Ithaeliel or Aylwen Dreamsong, although I do have an initial PM from each of them. I have two great character bios from Anarya Silverbranch, who is going to run a secondary character/plot for Erebor.

Also, a new member of the Downs, Tharkun, is very interested in joining the mentoring RPG. He has not yet posted here, but has lurked and is familiar with the game plan. He would like to be placed on a waiting list. Contact me for more info on him.

Bethberry,
press secretary for
Thorin III Stonehelm of Erebor
Old 09-22-2002, 07:19 PM   #90
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Bethberry, Sorry for not sending my bio sooner, but I sent it to you, and I was wondering if Ithaeliel was still Rpg-ing with us? Because I have not heard form her. But I have spoken to Anarya.

SOrry for the lateness, I had a busy weekend, soccer tournament, auditions, sisters b-day (oh goodness!) and renaissance (is that how you spell it) festival.....lol sorry nevermind all that Im just sorry for not sending my bio sooner! See you tomorrow!!

thanks,
Aylwen
Old 09-22-2002, 07:43 PM   #91
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Mithadan, I don't have a bio or first post from Faye Took. She did respond to one of my pms, but she's only posted in this thread once. She also tried to back out; I talked her into staying, but I think she may drift away and disappear. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:29 PM   #92
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

Name: Orodan Greenleaf
Race: Silvan Elf
Occupation: Seeker of Lore, and Heir to the Throne of Eryn Lasgalen
Weapon: Elvin Long Sword, and a Bow
Appearance: 5’4” dark blonde hair, dark green eyes, very stern face (Imagine Legolas’s Evil twin but not Evil)
Personality: Quite, and has a constant look of aimless wondering and peril, but very friendly to those that approach him, always willing to learn new lore and is always searching for knowledge (Which his father and brother believe will one day be his demise.) Very Passive and only fights when it is extremely Necessary. Usually prefers to ride in the back with the commoners than in the front with the royals. Although Orodan disagrees with many of his fathers Values he loves him more than anything and would journey to the ends of the world at his request.

History:
During the war of the Ring Orodan spent most of his time Scouting the North and East for lost knowledge of the world. Though Elves are not liked throughout Middle Earth Orodan had a strange likeability and developed great friendships with people on his journeys, those that where not afraid to speak to him. ( Because of his stern appearance many people thought him to be a Mad Elf) Some say he befriended the dwarves of Erebor before Legolas met his companion Gimli.
Orodans quest for knowledge was thanks to none other than the Wizard Gandalf. From the first time Orodan conversed with Mithrandir he was overwhelmed by his knowledge and wisdom, and even though Thranduil said “The journey for the wisdom of a wizard is an endless one, and you shall drive your self mad seeking it.” Orodan chose to seek it anyway.
After the last battle of the third age Orodan returned to Eryn Lasgalen (Mirkwood) in hopes to see younger brother Legolas return from the battles, which he hasn’t yet. So while awaiting Legolas’s return he began ridding Eryn Lasgalen from the evil Spiders, Trolls, Orcs ..etc. During this time he developed two very important relationships.
The First with a young Elf named Nefros who had an uncanny ability to cheer up Orodan and put a smile on his face, for this Orodan chose Nefros to be his companion and servant on all his journeys, thus was a friendship unheard of between royal elves and common elves in Eryn Lasgalen.
The second friendship began as mentor’s relationship with his student. Orodan befriended the young child Girion the son of the King of Dale. Girion admired Orodan greatly as a child, and as Orodans thoughts became more complex he considered there to be no better company than the simple minds of human children, and aside from Nefros the Children of Dale was nearly the only thing to put a smile on his face. As Girion grew older, Orodan admired the Prince of Dale just as much if not more. Throughout the years Girion often accompanied Orodan in the ridding of the evils of Eryn Lasgalen, as Girion was one of the few peoples not Elvin, King Thranduil openly allowed in his realm.

Name: Nefros
Race: Forest Elf
Appearance: 5’9” shoulder length chestnut brown hair, and green eyes
Occupation: Bard, and Loyal Servant of Orodan, Will one day be known as the Bard of Lasgalen.
Weapons: Flute, Long Bow, double short swords
Personality: Energetic, always ready to sing a song for those willing to listen, always thinking of the happiness of others. Rarely will you find Nefros without a smile on his face and the only thing he enjoys more than his journeys with Orodan is writing song of them and singing them to his sister Isilya.

History:
Nefros began his Bardhood at an attempt to make his sister Isilya laugh with his songs of the antics of Dwarves, Hobbits, Men, and Fellow Elves. One day wandering through the woods of Eryn Lasgalen, Nefros not looking where he was going, blowing on his flute gazing at over passing birds, ran face first into the steed carrying Prince Orodan. Nefros lying on the ground dumbfounded and quite embarrassed opened his mouth thinking out loud and said “Why thank you my lord you seemed to have broken a dumb spell I set upon myself.” Thus began a relationship that could be compared to Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee.

Orodan & Nefros

First Post

It was early morning, Orodan and Nefros where riding along the the River Runing Southbound having a conversation of Nefros’s young sister Isilya.

She is growing anxious, and im afraid my songs do not give her joy as they did years ago, she deeply desires to take part in our journeys, and quite honestly I would like to see such joy in her face again, my lord, Said Nefros.
As do I Said Orodan,
But it would take great persuasion on my part for my father to allow a maiden as fair as your sister to be put in such danger.

Ironic is it indeed when prince Orodan attempts to put a smile on the face of a frowning Nefros, but………

At that moment a trumpet sounded in the north, it was the trumpet of summons, which has not sounded sense the War of the Ring.

We must make Haste, Shouted Orodan, for deathly thoughts rushed through his head.

Perhaps your Brother has returned Sire.

Or met great peril, Replied Orodan.

Orodan and Nefros rushed to the Kings throne to find he was setting quite Calm rereading the letter from the High King.

Thranduil- welcome back my son, I feared you had traveled outside the sound of the trumpet, Im glad you returned so quickly it shall save us much time.
Orodan- Please Father why such haste.
Thranduil- I do not doubt you my son and I am very proud of your journeys, but it is once again time for you to prove your self worthy of the throne of Eryn Lasgalen but this time I will give you a responsibility that may change our fate for ever.
I have received a Summons from the High King at Minas Anor. Representatives from each Kingdome in Middle Earth shall meet at Minas Anor to establish a trade and Unite the peoples.
You know how I feel about such matters involving Men and Dwarves, but for this matter I will ignore my head and trust my heart I will leave the choice up to you. Of course the loyal Nefros shall travel along your side but you may also choose another representative from Eryn Lasgalen. Your friend Girion as always is welcome to travel through the woods as well as his servants. If the Dwarves wish to follow you the may but they will not have the Magic of the woods on their side and shall only have your party’s protection.
Be off my son you will leave midday tomorrow.

Walking out the Door of the Halls of the King Orodan turned and asked his Father.

Have you word of Legolas father, for I do wish he was by our side again.

That matter weighs on my heart more than you realize my son, and we shall discuss it before you leave, Replied the King.

As Orodan and Nefros where walking from the Kings chamber, Nefros turned to Orodan and said; Perhaps the songs of this journey shall return the joy to Isilya’s face.

Prepare the journey at once Nefros I have two letters I must right at once, Said Orodan.

As Nefros turned away Orodan Shouted; Nefros …….. Perhaps for this journey you will be kind enough to sing of your sister by our side.

Nefros laughed aloud and shouted; you are too kind to us.

-------------------------

Letter to Erebor:

Dear Ambassadors, Diplomats, and Servants of Erebor, I Orodan Son of Thranduil King of Eryn Lasgalen invite you travel along my side through the woods of my Kingdom for the journey to meet with the high King at Minas Anor. Though we have had many disputes in our past I propose we declare a new friendship for this new age. I do hope you will accept my invitations and meet us where the Forest River meets the forests of Eryn Lasgalen. I am looking forward to our long journey together.

-------------------------

Letter to Girion;

To my Dear Friend Girion I do hope we will travel together on the journey to Minas Anor as my Father has granted you and your servant’s safe passage through the woods. I have also invited the Dwarves of Erebor, but we must give them the best protection we can offer for the magic of Eryn Lasgalen as never been kind to the Dwarven Race.
As you know my father deeply disagrees with the trade im afraid I agree with him but for unlike reasons. As where Most the kingdoms of Middle Earth will greatly benefit from the trade im afraid it will be our demise for where your walls are made of stone and rock mine are of trees and brush which will diminish as new paths are made for the trade. I propose an alliance with Eryn Lasgalen, Dale, and Erebor that will benefit the three Kingdoms equally as well as the King. We will discuss the matters in more detail on the journey. Let us not let these matters break the bonds of our friendship. You have always made the Honorable decisions, and I look for your aide in mine.

Orodan Son of Thranuil King of Eryn Lasgalen

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Guildo ]

Glen Sight
Old 09-22-2002, 09:11 PM   #93
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Bethberry, I think I've heard of Tharkun somewhere. Please PM Tharkun and tell him/her that he's #1 on the wait list. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2002, 09:22 PM   #94
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan

Colette Took has not responded.

I need someone to play Jarl - Barring that, I will play him until you can find someone.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:30 AM   #95
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Sting

Hm, everything does seem a bit up in the air doesn't it? Maybe it would be better to postpone starting till tomorrow, I, for one, have 2 essays to do tonight, and won't be online for more than 5 minutes. Still, if I type fast, I can get a post done. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2002, 07:34 AM   #96
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Tough decision. While there are a lot of people anxious to start, Thenamir is still preparing his materials and there are still a few "missing" participants. I think that the right decision is to delay our start one day and begin tomorrow, Tuesday, September 24, 2002 at 10:00am EDT. Any participants not reporting in (not first post, I mean in communication with your mentor) by 5:00 pm tomorrow may be replaced.

Unless someone provides me with compelling reasons to start today, this is my call. Everyone take a deep breath. You have one more day to get ready.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:51 AM   #97
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I agree with replacing any players who do not report, but should we take time zones into account?

This is a large RPG, and it isn't fair to the rest of us to halt because 3 people aren't committed.

I guess I shouldn't talk, though, because I have 3 very cool people in Rivendell.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:08 AM   #98
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Yo, Birdie and Piosennial,

I have assumed that the first wrinkle of business for our three nations is to decide whether or not we three form a caravan together.

I have also implied that Stonehelm is a little ticked at Bard II's eagerness to enter into trading relations with Rhun. Plus, of course, Mirkwood is Mirkwood. Or shouldn't that be Greenwood now? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Are you amenable to this? And should we discuss this here or in PM? Do we not want to ruin narrative suspense? (er, is there any suspence at this point?)

For Erebor, we are currently working out a few wrinkles in characters and first posts. I've sent my dwarves off to read up on your threads, too.

Bethberry
Old 09-23-2002, 11:59 AM   #99
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan --

I also am missing a poster. Brinniel sent me a welcoming pm at 2 am Saturday morning, but I haven't heard anything back. Don't have her bio or first post.

sharon
Old 09-23-2002, 01:43 PM   #100
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Sharon, I rec'd a PM from Brinniel late on Saturday. I left the final call on who plays Gramil up to her, but assumed that it was okay, and wrote a first post for Gramil today. She may have classes or some such this morning, so I think it's a good call to start a day later.

-Maril
Old 09-23-2002, 01:46 PM   #101
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

PMs have been sent to the 4 "missing" participants asking that they get into contact with their Mentors and fellow teammates by 5:00pm EDT tomorrow. If any of the Mentors know of other persons wishing to participate, please post here.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:01 PM   #102
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Re: Faye Took

The first day or so she seemed very excited and responsive.
She asked if she could play a specific character and sent me her email address, then on Thursday or Friday she pmed me saying she wasn't comfortable playing anyone but her stock character* and that she wanted to back out.
I was very persuasive in my response and she agreed to stay, but I haven't heard from since then except for a very brief IM Saturday night, in which she didn't really tell me anything. I really just don't know what's going on with her.

*See, this one reason we're all doing this: to help eliminate the rut of playing stock characters.

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 09-23-2002, 08:23 PM   #103
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Yeah, I'm playing someone easy-going - as different from me as one can get.

What I'm doing is making up a character that is similar to two friends of mine - one person in particular. I'm playing my friend from Bhutan more than anything else. If anyone has trouble playing a different character, that's one way to do it - pick a friend, any friend. I figure the character will probably grow away from those roots as the story goes on.

We've heard from Brinniel. I figure the delay was just due to the Gramil-juggling.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:51 PM   #104
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't get a hold of Thenimir, I don't have his member #. I am working on my character, so if I do have to leave - will know Wednesday evening EST - the character will be easy to pick up with.

Name: Lerin

Personality: Easy going, most of the time, but once an issue (anything worth fighting for) is raised, he is unstoppable and can by hasty and dangerous. He is loyal, almost to a fault.

Apperance: Average height and weight for a dwarf. Longbeard, red and unmanagable at times.

History: Dwarf of Nogrod. Very distant relative of Telchar, the famed Dwarf, who made Angrist and Narsil. Has been on one quest - at age 72, with a small group of hobbits seeking vengance on a orc band that killed one of the dwarf's family and several hobbits in Breeland.

Weapon: Double-edged axe, and if necessary a dagger.

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Old 09-23-2002, 10:57 PM   #105
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Mith, if you have someone in mind to replace Faye, feel free. Let me know, but at this point I'm not sure I want her in the game even if she does show up...she's proven herself unreliable as far as I'm concerned, and that's not tolerable in this type of project. How can she improve if she's never around to post?
Old 09-24-2002, 05:05 AM   #106
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

Plus, if she isn't willing to step out of her comfort zone to play a new character, the RPing won't be particularly interesting.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:27 AM   #107
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

ive never seen any of her posts, so i dont know what shes like but it does bug me when ppl always play the same thing, especially if its mary sueish.
Has the Rp started yet? I cant find it
Old 09-24-2002, 05:41 AM   #108
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

IIRC, Mithadan said 10AM Eastern US time would be the earliest it started.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:07 AM   #109
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

The RPG thread is open. Mentors, please make your first posts. Participants, do not post until your mentor does.

Joy and *Varda*, please PM me when you can.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:15 AM   #110
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Bethberry, Susan!

As between the two of you, who is in greater need of another player?

We have one or two available.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:35 AM   #111
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

If there's only one, go ahead and give her to Bethberry. If there are two, well...how many are there?

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Susan Delgado ]
Old 09-24-2002, 08:42 AM   #112
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Erebor could use someone to play a servant who is also the King's eyes and ears. That would save me doing both the servant and the King.

But if Susan's need is greater, give her the help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Bethberry
Old 09-24-2002, 08:55 AM   #113
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

The Eye

Bethberry has a specific place to put another character, whereas I would just have an ordinary last-minute inclusion on the trip. So it seems to me Bethberry's need is greater. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2002, 11:20 AM   #114
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Sting

Mithadan, I tried PMing you, but you have too many messages and it wouldn't let me. What's up?
Old 09-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #115
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Backstory and setup for the first post for the Blue Mountain Dwarves -- better late than never!! Sorry for the delays!

===============

*** Blue Mountains ***

The dwarves of the Blue Mountains, though they were not the equals of the original dwarves of Moria for sheer building size and scope, nevertheless had a long and proud history.

Quote:
"It came to pass during the second age of the captivity of Melkor that Dwarves came over the Blue Mountains of Ered Luin into Beleriand. Themselves they named Khazâd, but the Sindar called them Naugrim, the Stunted People, and Gonnhirrim, Masters of Stone."
The ancient cities of Belegost and Nogrod were there, until they were destroyed at the breaking of Morgoth's fortress of Thangorodrim. Telchar the Dwarf, the forger of the great sword Narsil, came from Nogrod, and the weapons forged by the dwarves of those days were unsurpassed, though their craft declined somewhat over the ages since. The dwarves of the Blue Mountains aided Finrod in excavating and building the stronghold of Nargothrond. Eöl, the renowned elvish smith, learned much of his craft from the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains.

Quote:
"At its greatest Arnor included all Eriador, except the regions beyond the Lune, and the lands east of Greyflood and Loudwater, in which lay Rivendell and Hollin. Beyond the Lune was Elvish country, green and quiet, where no Men went; but Dwarves dwelt, and still dwell, in the east side of the Blue Mountains, especially in those parts south of the Gulf of Lune, where they have mines that are still in use."
And so, in the renewed kingdom of Gondor and Arnor, the Blue Mountains and their inhabitants were summoned to the King…

Now in those days, in the immediate aftermath of the War of the Ring, the dwarven miners of the Blue Mountains were a proud and fierce people, even compared to other dwarves. Though loyal to their own brotherhood, they cared little for the doings and dealing of the outside world, now that the threat of Sauron was eliminated, though being so far from the war, they themselves took little part. It seemed good to them to select a new king from amongst themselves, and to redevelop the trade for which they were once renowned, but to otherwise not meddle in the affairs of men and elves (nor to tolerate meddling in their own affairs). And so it came to pass that the arrival of the Summons from King Elessar Telcontar raised great suspicions in their minds. Not knowing him well, and knowing the treachery of certain other men, they were inclined to ignore the summons altogether. Their king, however, cautioned them that this was the King Elessar who had just defeated the armies of Mordor (so they thought), and how could they stand against so powerful a foe if they should make an enemy of him? Better to attend and let their fears be made known than to spurn a powerful king.

So they set about selecting who would represent them at the great council, itself no small debate. For there were those who would open their realm to greater input and trade, and those who wished to close their society to all except traders. The selection would take time, and much loud debate, which only got louder when the ale was served…
Old 09-24-2002, 11:42 AM   #116
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Sting

Woohoo! Thenamir, you're here! Did you get the PM of the profile I sent you? Even though it was kind of brief and not completely finished.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:42 PM   #117
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Varda, glad you're still hanging in there. Let's see what Joy has to say after the "blessed event" and we'll decide how to proceed.

Everyone! Please preface every post with the name of your team to avoid confusion.

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]
Old 09-24-2002, 01:16 PM   #118
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Yes Varda, got your PM, and wrote your character into the "first post" -- you gave me plenty to work with. Still haven't heard from Joy -- "blessed event"?? Are congratulations in order?

Theron IV Axehand
Old 09-24-2002, 01:23 PM   #119
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

See above. Thenamir, Joy may or may not be playing and Varda expects to be away for a week during the game. You may have to play one or more characters during the duration. Are you up for it? If so, let's role with what we have. Maybe we can get help as we go forward.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:29 PM   #120
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

This is intoxicating. I will have to write myself into the Lonely Mountain contingent. *grin*

Theron, Thorin has sent you a PM.

Bethberry