The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 06:36 AM   #41
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hehe, I'm curious about that, too. We know he broke his rib falling off a horse. We know the horse-mounting part was computer generated. But did the one lead to the other, or was it coincidental?<P>And no matter how many times I see that stunt, it looks all wrong. You can use your right hand on the left side of the neck and the horse's forward motion to swing up on the right side of the horse, maybe. Not the left side
Old 01-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #42
Mlo
Haunting Spirit

Mlo has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think he's to 'perfect' (He's an elf. Elves are perfect in fighting and jumping on horses in strange ways... ) but I agree that he should get a little blood in his face, or some dirt on his clothes, anything! What bothers me the most is his perfect hair! I mean, Aragorns hair looks just horrible (it probably stinks to...yuck...) But Legolas' hair is always perfect. Does he brush it all the time or what?
Old 01-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #43
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

You can't fault good personal hygiene.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #44
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

He's tough, cool, smart, and good looking...he's perfect. End of story. Now who wouldn't like a guy like him? Who can't like an elf? Wait a minute...CORAL! You're evel Coral, you say Legolas is a pansy! Anyway, I was wondering when Orli broke his rib, he didn't do much riding, none of the actors did really except Viggo because he was already a good rider. He probably fell off when he was mounting normally! Kidding, <I>I</I> can even mount a horse easily. That was probably part of the reason the horse scene was done completley by coputer, because of his broken rib. How in the world could he have broken his rib? Well, he broke his back and just about everything else, why not a rib. Legolas isn't a stupid elf, Orli is a stupid boy!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:56 AM   #45
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Coral sounds like my kind of person!
Old 01-06-2003, 11:07 AM   #46
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

lol You should talk to her sometime. She enjoys plotting ways to kill him she would gladly have an accomplice!
Old 01-06-2003, 11:34 AM   #47
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Please post on topic - no personal chat on the forum. Thank you!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #48
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

*Looks up from plans* Me? Kill Legolas? Nah...Did anyone here think Orlando Bloom sounded kinda fake when he was speaking elvish? Yes? No? Ok...
Old 01-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #49
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

He did sound fake. faker than Aragorn anyway, and an elf should be better.<BR>I wouldnt kill Legolas. Pull his hair, perhaps. Trip him up, maybe. But kill? Nahhh. I'm not the violant type.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:19 PM   #50
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Coral is violent. Even if he did sound fake, I believe we should give him credit, I mean, I definetly couldn't do better, it's hard to speak in another language, you should know that Coral, are you failing Spanish? Anyway, he's a new actor, and I don't think he's a really excellent one. He looks good though. I think I know how Orli hurts himself so much, he does it on purpose for the publicity!
Old 01-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #51
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Orlando Bloom- The one and only suicidal elf.<BR> <BR>Cool, he can do my work for me.<BR>I said I wasnt violant. I lied. I have just got home from my Martial Arts class. If I'm not violant now, I soon will be. Then we can go on a hunt for Legolas, tie him to a post and throw mud at him. We could even charge people to throw mud at him!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:30 PM   #52
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Whew, Eleanor, a little scary there. (Where will this mud throwing take place) *smiles cruelly* <P>All that I ask is that Legolas at <I>least</I> has one really close shave in Rotk, maybe a bit of skin missing, at least a bit of blood.<P>What bothers me about him is that people I know (non-fans) always seem to ignore the other characters for the <I>dude</I>-ly, awesome, extremely cool guy, with the long blond hair.<P>Chuckling at all those Ignorant,<BR>Iarwain
Old 01-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #53
Nieninque
Haunting Spirit

Nieninque has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ai, for some reason long hair makes guys fine to gaze upon. I've noticed (I apologize to Viggo before I say this), that Viggo looks way better with his hair long, and so does Sean Bean. It seems that Sean looks paler, and Viggo looks much stronger (and king-like) when he has the long hair.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:35 AM   #54
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I dont know. I'v seen my dad with long hair. spooky!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:39 AM   #55
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

in one wide shot of TTT, Legolas stumbles. not very elf-like, in my opinion, but hey.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #56
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When did that happen, I want to see!
Old 01-07-2003, 02:48 PM   #57
thalioniathiel
Animated Skeleton

thalioniathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

it's one of the shots with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli pursuing the orcs. wish I could be more specific, but I've only seen the movie 2 times...need to see it again soon! <BR>I think I remember that Gimli was quite a ways behind, so I would imagine that a person's eye would be drawn to watching him and therefore miss seeing Legolas stumble. I know that isn't much help as to which scene it's in, but anyway. watch Legolas in the wide shots of them all running and you won't miss it. :-)
Old 01-12-2003, 05:08 AM   #58
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

PigsnieLite has just left Hobbiton.
The only time you see Legolas all smudged up was after the fellowship stumbled out of Moria. He was probably embarrassed by Haldir, who wuz unsmudged. In fact, haf you ever seen a dirty elf in LOTR? Elfs are mystically Scotchguarded, hahaha! On the other hand, humans in Middle Earth never seem to take a bath or trim their fingurnails!
Old 01-14-2003, 06:34 AM   #59
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Then he fails to kill the orc with the torch, even with Aragorn screaming at him, so that the wall is breached. Hundreds of men and elves die as a result.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Alex, you shouldn't forget that through the explosion hundreds of orcs are dying, too! Have you seen the rocks crashing down on the crowd that is standing too near? <BR>I bet most of the orcs didn't even know what was coming, otherwise they would have fled and the torch-orc would have been killed pretty quickly.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Old 01-14-2003, 09:22 AM   #60
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Don't mock me mortal's. You don't know the perfectness that is within an elf. We are distant fighers and hardly ever have melee combat so that explains the no scratching thing.<P>We are lightfooted so if we can walk on snow we can also walk on dirt. And because we are balanced because of our practising for years we don't fall down so quickly. So that explains the not dirty part. If you want to see us elves fall down. You will have to drop kick us. (from behind ofcaurse and be very soft cause we will hear you ) <P>Hope this explains it to you bunch of ignorant people. Don't ever put down a title like this or I will cut you open and hang you from your intestants.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion<P>P.S. I'm not mad, just iritated.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:26 AM   #61
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Do elfs haf intestants?
Old 01-14-2003, 09:32 AM   #62
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Dear Pigsnielite,<P>Don't mess with me child. You don't know who you are facing. I am a powerfull person on the internet and everybody is afraid of me. No one bosses me around.<P>*Anuion's mom call's him for dinner*<P>Coming mom!!!!!<P>Gotta go.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-14-2003, 10:00 AM   #63
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Im not afraid of you. Im an Elf Boy! And its only my brother Pigsnie whos allowed to beat me up. He is a Dark Lord of Mordor & very rich. <P>Ps. Why does Legolas defer to Aragorn when he is thousands of yrs older than the human? Also, whut is the life span of dwarfs? [Too lazy to start another thread.]<p>[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: PigsnieLite ]
Old 01-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #64
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why does Legolas defer to Aragorn when he is thousands of yrs older than the human? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Probably boosting the confidence of the wimpy little human! On the other hand, maybe the whole invincible elf thing was just one big lie! Perhaps the Legolas we see in the film is the true Legolas (only kidding, no need to worry)<P>Dunno about the dwarf thing, though I know its longer than Men.<P>by the way, how does Legolas manage to knock that man out behind him in edoras when he has arms like toothpicks?
Old 01-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #65
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I don't think anyone is establishing anything bad about Legolas. When you try and do it, all you do is realise how great he and Elves in general are.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:44 PM   #66
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Man, my kids love Legolas. They think he's the best. Maybe during Aragorn's corination or something, he could trip and fall.<P>H.C.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:54 PM   #67
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Greetings people,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Why does Legolas defer to Aragorn when he is thousands of yrs older than the human? Also, whut is the life span of dwarfs? [Too lazy to start another thread.]<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well maybe because Aragron is royalty. Altough Legolas is a prince he has respect for a king. It's not that he is acting lower than Aragorn, he is just showing respect.<P>And about the Dwarf part, they get about 250 years old. Don't be sorry for asking that. Because starting up a tread for just one question that can not lead to discussion is just waisting bandtwide. So it's a good thing.<P>If you need anything else just ask. Or look it up in an Arda Enceclopedia. (in case you did not notice we have one right here on our very site.)<P>Greetings,<P>Anuoin
Old 01-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #68
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

How cool is this! I found a full list of Legolas's flaws.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Flaws<P>No one's perfect, not even Legolas.<P>Squabbles<P>'It was not the fault of the Dwarves that the friendship waned,' said Gimli.<BR>'I have not heard that it was the fault of the Elves,' said Legolas. -- (from FOTR) <P>Balrog-phobia:<P>Legolas turned and set an arrow to the string, though it was a long shot for his small bow. He drew, but his hand fell, and the arrow slipped to the ground. He gave a cry of dismay and fear. -- (from FOTR) <P>'It was a Balrog of Morgoth,' said Legolas; `of all elf-banes the most deadly, save the One who sits in the Dark Tower.' -- (from FOTR) <P>Needs to learn a few more choice cuss words:<P>'Ai! ai! ' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come! ' -- (from FOTR) <P>Has a bit of a temper<P>'A plague on Dwarves and their stiff necks! ' said Legolas. <P>`I am an Elf and a kinsman here,' said Legolas, becoming angry in his turn. -- (from FOTR) <P>Has a bit of a whinge:<P>'Alas for the folly of these days! ' said Legolas. 'Here all are enemies of the one Enemy, and yet I must walk blind, while the sun is merry in the woodland under leaves of gold! ' -- (from FOTR) <P>Loses his command of Common Tongue when in a panic (on the Anduin)<P>'_Yrch!_' said Legolas, falling into his own tongue. -- (from FOTR) <P>Is orcist<P>'No other folk make such a trampling,' said Legolas. 'It seems their delight to slash and beat down growing things that are not even in their way.' -- (from TTT) <P>Is occasionally pessimistic<P>Before dawn was in the sky he woke and rose. Gimli was still deep in slumber, but Legolas was standing, gazing northwards into the darkness, thoughtful and silent as a young tree in a windless night.<P>'They are far far away,' he said sadly, turning to Aragorn. 'I know in my heart that they have not rested this night. Only an eagle could overtake them now.' -- (from TTT) <P>'I fear they have passed beyond my sight from hill or plain, under moon or sun,' said Legolas. (from TTT) <P>"Now why did not we wish for some of our own kinsfolk, Legolas?' <P>Legolas stood before the gate and turned his bright eyes away north and east, and his fair face was troubled. 'I do not think that any would come,' he answered. 'They have no need to ride to war; war already marches on their own lands.' -- (from ROTK) <P><BR>Annoys Aragorn<P>'There are three empty saddles, but I see no hobbits,' said Legolas.<P>'I did not say that we should hear good news,' said Aragorn. 'But evil or good we will await it here.' -- (from TTT) <P>Almost succumbs to Tree Thrall:<P>At last the company passed through the trees, and found that they had come to the bottom of the Coomb, where the road from Helm's Deep branched, going one way east to Edoras, and the other north to the Fords of Isen. As they rode from under the eaves of the wood, Legolas halted and looked back with regret. Then he gave a sudden cry. <P>'There are eyes!' he said. 'Eyes looking out from the shadows of the boughs! I never saw such eyes before.' <P>The others, surprised by his cry, halted and turned; but Legolas started to ride back. <P>'No, no!' cried Gimli. 'Do as you please in your madness, but let me first get down from this horse! I wish to see no eyes!' 'Stay, Legolas Greenleaf!' said Gandalf. 'Do not go back into the wood, not yet! Now is not your time.' -- (TTT) <P>Further freaks out an already freaked out Gimli<P>Legolas turning to speak to Gimli looked back and the Dwarf saw before his face the glitter in the Elf's bright eyes. Behind them rode Elladan, last of the Company, but not the last of those that took the downward road.<P>'The Dead are following,' said Legolas. 'I see shapes of Men and of horses, and pale banners like shreds of cloud, and spears like winter-thickets on a misty night. The Dead are following.' -- (ROTK) <P>Would probably prefer to hang-out with his mates than his girlfriend<P>Pure speculation on my part, but I'm probably right. *grin* <P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I dont know about you, but I like it!<p>[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]
Old 01-15-2003, 01:24 PM   #69
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Needs to learn a few more choice cuss words:<P>'Ai! ai! ' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come! ' -- (from FOTR) <P> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL <P>I always had this image of him running around in circles waving his hands in the air as he said this.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:23 PM   #70
the real nazgul
Animated Skeleton

the real nazgul has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

wow this stuff is good! i personally think legolas is strange: "a red sun: blood has been spilt tonight" (or something like that from TTT):<BR>O......K.... complete randomness, elfboy!<BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I always had this image of him running around in circles waving his hands in the air as he said this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>lol I like your imagination,HCIsland!<P>one last thing to PigsnieLite : what in your picture thing is crying?
Old 01-19-2003, 03:56 PM   #71
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Whut? Haf you never seen a baby Smaug before? Heheeh.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:24 PM   #72
Sindae
Haunting Spirit

Sindae has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I WOULD like legolas to be injured somewhen...after the battle on Amon Hen where Boromir whas killed Aragorn looks TERRIBLY, blood everywhere and his clothes even more ragged than they were before, and Legolas-nothing!<P>The same in TTT, when he "returns from the deaths", after falling down the cliff, he's more dead than alive and his clothes are much much worse now.<P>Why does something similar never happen to Legolas? I think he's too perfect as well...
Old 01-20-2003, 01:34 PM   #73
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Sigh,<P>You people just never learn do you?<P>You not-so-polite-towords-elves-people! <BR>Legolas is 2931 years old and Aragorn was only 87 years old. Note the difference? He has had some years to perfect his skill's. And since he fight's most of the time from distance(he has a bow remember? ) it is unlikely to get damaged. And in Melee combat he is very fast and agile. (Don't say no cause he is. He also had a lot of time to practise on that.) So would you just leave the elves be? They are just better than the other races. OK?<P>And about that red sun thing. Elves are the wisesst of all and do have their reasons to say such things. SO than a red sun coming up in Arda should mean that blood is spilled. You should not complain about that.<P>Thank you for listening I rest my case. (for now)<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion<p>[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
Old 01-20-2003, 02:59 PM   #74
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Hey, there are ladies in the room, Mr. A!<P>PLitey<BR>Polite ElfBoy
Old 01-20-2003, 03:45 PM   #75
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

Helk, come off it.<P>Taking this thread seriously is like taking Andy Kaufman seriously.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:04 PM   #76
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, Lego got a bit dirty during Helm's Deep in TTT. OMG, he was actually DIRTY!!! But then, observe that in the scene after the battle, he was sparkling clean. Hmmm. Well, at least he was dirty a LITTLE bit. Ever so slightly. Well, maybe not at all.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:57 AM   #77
Nibinlondwen
Pile O'Bones

Nibinlondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

shouldnt we be criticising the bugs when the black rider comes or something like that, that it far from what tolkien wrote, Legolas is extremly much more like in the books, and legolas hair even gets dirty for a while.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:48 AM   #78
helkahothion

Eye

Hey all,<P>*Anuion takes a deep breath and counts to ten.*<P>If you do not mean this stuff serious then I could start to like you. It's just that I am very fond of elves and don't like them beibg judged with points that are not true. So as long as there is injustice against elves in the world I will do my best to set it straight.<P>Ill try to keep the bad language out because you do not really mean it.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-21-2003, 09:31 AM   #79
PigsnieLite
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Well, since youre so serious about elves, Helk, can you tell me whut happens to elfs after they die? Will poor Haldir & his Elven archers just rot like a bananna? Or will they lay there for years in glory undimmed until the breaking of the world? Sniff.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:15 AM   #80
helkahothion

Eye

Dear PigsnieLite,<P>I got your answer right hear.<P>When Elves die there Fëa (spirit) leaves there body. Their body rot's away. (pitty you could do very fun things with a dead elv.) Their Fëa get's summond by Mandos to.....well uhm Mandos. From there on out they can travel to Valinor and meet up with their relative's. So don't worry. Altough they loose physical form. There spirit will loose non of it's potensie.(Hm that sounds formiliar in a way)<P>I hope this helps.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Closed Thread