The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #1041
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thanks, Folwren.
Quote:
I'm glad you posted a picture. I've been wondering lately about how you looked.
I might say the same for you - you piqued my interest after your comment...

I make my guess that the first is your sister and the second is you.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #1042
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My guess as well.

I agree, I love your hair, Firefoot!

I have different hair and it's all the rage this picture thing, so... >_>

Note that the third picture was at the uber awesome Harry Potter party my friend put together (she even made all the guests wands! Yes, she is amazing.), and I was being sorted...already dressed as a Ravenclaw. And Ravenclaw is what I got. My friend also made the Sorting Hat...and wrote the 'Sorting Quiz' I was taking...

Oh, and there was a rat on my shoulder (an albino rat named Daisy), but unfortunately you can't see her....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg durelin1.jpg (81.8 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpg durelin2.JPG (82.7 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg hpdurelin.jpg (49.3 KB, 410 views)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #1043
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Here are a few pictures of my sister Finduilas and myself. It is up to you to guess which is which.

Have fun.
Initially, reading a little too quickly, I thought that Folwen was playing a joke on Finduilas..."Here's me and my sister. Note her long nose, wide nostrils, penchant for oats and four legs."

Nice pictures all.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #1044
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So which do you think is which, Alatar? Does Folwren pose with her horse, or does she dress in Civil War Era clothing?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #1045
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

Quote:
Does Folwren pose with her horse, or does she dress in Civil War Era clothing?
I'm going to go against the flow and guess that Finduilas is the one with the horse and Folwren is the one in the dress.

And speaking of Civil War Era clothing....
Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #1046
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
I'm going to go against the flow and guess that Finduilas is the one with the horse and Folwren is the one in the dress.
That is not against the flow. Durelin and Firefoot both guessed that.

I like the picture you just sent. I love the hat.

-- Folwren

P.S. Sometime I'll tell you who is who.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #1047
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I could swear they guessed the other way around.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #1048
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
So which do you think is which, Alatar? Does Folwren pose with her horse, or does she dress in Civil War Era clothing?
I defer answering until the DNA lab results are in...

Cool Civil War dress, now that I know that that's what that is.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #1049
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
I defer answering until the DNA lab results are in...
We don't need any lab results, there is no question of our identities to ourselves!

I can give you a hint. I am older than Finduilas.

Quote:
Cool Civil War dress, now that I know that that's what that is.
Yes. Our other sister makes Civil War dresses and that picture was taken more for the dress itself than for the person. We're her models.

-- Foley
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #1050
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

Folwren - Sister with horse.
Finduilas - Sister modeling yet another sister's Civil War dress.

Probability that I'm wrong - 0.143 (one in seven). You'd think that it'd be 50:50 in guessing, or that I'd really really know, but I do have information that helped in the decision, but also factored in my innate cluelessness about such things.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #1051
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Finally, a photo of Firefoot! You look lovely, and so do the sisters Finduilas and Folwren. My guess is that Folwren is the one with the horse, and Finduilas the one in the dress (which I would steal if I knew how to ).

This was from a recent field trip to a mountain for a Higher Plant Taxonomy elective class. After this was taken, I had one near-death experience after another. Have you ever felt that your whole life depended on one step, and then on the step after that, and then still on the step after that? Mmhm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poaceae.JPG (60.1 KB, 448 views)

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 09-04-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #1052
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Ai! Que bonita!!! <3
Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #1053
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Leaf

You're all so pretty...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #1054
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oxonmoot saw the meeting of many Downers who had strange ways and strange odours...
So I thought I'd post 'em up here.

In the first picture:
Hookbill, Guenevere, Esty

In the Second:
Hookbill

In the Third:
Squatter, Guenevere, Hookbill, Esty, Narfforc

In the fourth:
Hookbill, Esty, Guenevere, Squatter

In the Fith:
The Barry Wight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 A gathering of Downers.JPG (81.9 KB, 419 views)
File Type: jpg 014 Old Tom Bombadill.JPG (16.2 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg 016 The Downers.JPG (69.4 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg 019 Grave New World.JPG (64.6 KB, 422 views)
File Type: jpg 015 the Barry Wight.JPG (66.2 KB, 410 views)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 09-17-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 AM   #1055
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thoroughly splendid!

I must say that narfforc looks much younger with his hair grown.

All weekend me and davem were saying "Oh, they'll just be having lunch now" or "The dealer's room will be opening around now" and so forth.

Drat.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #1056
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Great photos, Hookbill, and you were fast in getting them up! I'll look through mine in the course of the next days and see if there are any to add.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #1057
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Colour her world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Oxonmoot saw the meeting of many Downers who had strange ways and strange odours...
So I thought I'd post 'em up here.

In the first picture:
Hookbill, Guenevere, Esty
A lie, I say! False! False! Identity theft!!

Esty in GREEN? Why, I've heard her say she would never wear green as it's nowt one of her "Colours" even if it was a BD tee. And her tee was made into a carrying sac for the Birmingham meet.

Hooky, m'lad, what have you done wi' her?

Unless of course she's redone her colours and decided that green will do. 'suppose that's always possible.

And what I want to know is, did anyone see fit to ask Squatter to recreate his perilous climb and jump over the graveyard fence?

Of Guinevere I can say nothing except she does not ressemble a banshee in the least.

And of narf, well, nice to see the white hair and beard are gone. Better not to filter a tankard through all that?

Last edited by Bęthberry; 09-18-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #1058
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ageless Cream by Esty Louder

I am getting younger by the day, this time next year I will be 21 again (being only 87 now). Esty didn't appear to have aged since Aston, maybe we share some Dunedain blood .
Old 09-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #1059
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry View Post
Hooky, m'lad, what have you done wi' her?
Some people have no appreciation for genetic experiments.

But I think that all the Downers should go to the next moot all dressed as Barrow Wights, that would make a good photo for this here page (and my newspaper)!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #1060
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
To Hookbill's defence - the Downs T-shirt is the genuine thing. Our photoshop expert did not retouch the picture. I had sewn it into a carrying tote for Birmingham 2 years ago, but did it so cleverly and carefully that I was able to undo the stitches and use it as intended by its makers. It is not quite original though - I down-sized it to fit me (i.e. a female figure) better. As to the color green, well, I only wore it for the initial get-together. I chose colors that become me better for the rest of Oxonmoot.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #1061
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
I had sewn it into a carrying tote for Birmingham 2 years ago, but did it so cleverly and carefully that I was able to undo the stitches and use it as intended by its makers. It is not quite original though - I down-sized it to fit me (i.e. a female figure) better. As to the color green, well, I only wore it for the initial get-together. I chose colors that become me better for the rest of Oxonmoot.
How very practical yet feminine!

Yikes! That sounds so like, yes, yes it does . . .

Is this what happens to REB writers if they wait too long for posts? Do they start channelling their characters?

Last edited by Bęthberry; 09-18-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #1062
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
NEWS flash

okay so i'm sending a new picture to replace my rather old one... and this one includes my face so be amazed!
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #1063
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I don't mean to knock Tigerlily at all, but since she does not seem to be around much or have the time, perhaphs there is some one else who could take over updating the photo page. I mean no disrespect to Tigerlily what so ever.

Just a thought

~Beleg

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 AM   #1064
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleg Cuthalion View Post
I don't mean to knock Tigerlily at all, but since she does not seem to be around much or have the time, perhaphs there is some one else who could take over updating the photo page. I mean no disrespect to Tigerlily what so ever.

Just a thought
I've asked this of Tigerlily, but she said the password is linked to her e-mail password so she'd rather not give it out. So if someone else should trake over updating the page (Tig didn't seem to have anything against it in principle), I'm afraid s/h should make a whole new photopage.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:27 AM   #1065
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
But couldn't Tigerlily just change the password and then give it out?

*scratches head*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 AM   #1066
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't know. Maybe she can't change it without changing her e-mail password as well...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #1067
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
wow... right when i send in an updated picture there be no updating...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #1068
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
K, well here's one of me. I'm not the most photogenic but at least you can now put a face to the posts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyPicture-3.jpg (84.0 KB, 384 views)
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #1069
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thought I would send a new picture of me this summer on vacation Don't laugh at my messy hair....it was windy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katt at Vic beach 1.jpg (13.7 KB, 363 views)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #1070
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well, one of my siblings brough home some stuff he needed for his art course at collage and amung the bits and peices were bones and a scull. Naturally, I took it upon myself to get some pictures for The Downs (and the Newspaper )

What think ye?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hiding on the Downs2.JPG (63.1 KB, 382 views)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #1071
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I've asked this of Tigerlily, but she said the password is linked to her e-mail password so she'd rather not give it out. So if someone else should trake over updating the page (Tig didn't seem to have anything against it in principle), I'm afraid s/h should make a whole new photopage.
I could, as I have already several unused storages in the internet. But I warn you that it won't look as nice!

Should I try it?

EDIT: I could copy the whole of Tigerlily's page and put it on a different server, but I'm not sure it she'd appreciate me doing so.

EDITEDIT: What is the best way to ask her about such arrangments?

Last edited by Volo; 10-09-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #1072
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
EDITEDIT: What is the best way to ask her about such arrangments?
I'll tell you in MSN in a minute.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #1073
Volo

Thumbs up

The NEW Photo Page is http://www.freewebs.com/barrow-downs/.

I'll get it running properly some time next week.

Any suggestions are most welcome!

You may add, remove, change your pictures through i_h8_mcdonalds@hotmail.com.

I'm thinking of adding a guest-book-function that will resemble the chat we had.

If you wish, you may add any other BD-related stuff (stories/pictures/jokes/music/anything) to the site, I'll put up an extra page for that.

I hope this all is ok with the mods!

Last edited by Volo; 10-25-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:51 AM   #1074
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
The link in your signature did not work for me, Volo. It did, though, when I removed the '1' from 'www1.'
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #1075
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
The link in your signature did not work for me, Volo. It did, though, when I removed the '1' from 'www1.'
Thanks for the notice.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #1076
Volo

Honorable mods, could and would you please change the "Visit The *NEW* Barrow-Downs Photo Page"-link. It is a bit confusing and misleading.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #1077
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Honorable mods, could and would you please change the "Visit The *NEW* Barrow-Downs Photo Page"-link. It is a bit confusing and misleading.
Today I asked Tigerlily to edit her first post of this thread, but she hasn't replied yet...
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #1078
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Any suggestions are most welcome!
Volo, thanks for continuing the effort (and thanks to Tigerlily for all of her work as well). Do you have any specifications for the pictures that we can send? Is there a preferred or maximal size? Should I assume JPEG?

It may reduce your workload if you provide suggestions for us.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #1079
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I can edit the first post of this thread to change the link there, but it takes administrative powers to change the one at the top of the page. I will contact them to arrange to have it done.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #1080
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
It's been a while and the family has changed a bit. Well no new kids yet but those two I do have grow quickly so I figured I update the picture.

Volo,

Please update it with this picture.