The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-27-2003, 09:32 PM   #41
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Silmaril

Quote:
You can also do that by hiring people to follow you around with a light set up that they use in movies...you can also get that elvish look in your eyes
That would be expensive, maybe you could wear a chain of lights aroud your neck, not only would you glow, but you would blind everyone that looks at you.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Hmm, maybe the lights could be battery powered or you can have and extension cord tariling behind you....

[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Alatariel Telemnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:07 AM   #42
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Thumbs up

i need hobbit or elve ideas
Old 07-03-2003, 09:14 AM   #43
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

Haven't we given you enough ideas already?
Old 07-03-2003, 09:52 AM   #44
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

For pointy ears, try using rubber cement. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Anything Celtic is a good idea to make yourself look more elvish, and to feel more elvish listening to celtic music is good.

For a hobbitish look you could wear brown furry slippers everywhere... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 03:26 PM   #45
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rubber cement...
I'll have to think about that one...
Old 07-03-2003, 08:02 PM   #46
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Sting

im about maybe 4ft'5in so i verry much qualify to be a hobbit im only 5in over so yay
Old 07-06-2003, 05:47 PM   #47
Nureldawen
Pile O'Bones

Location: Sitting on a fencepost, chewin my bubblegum..... ;)
Nureldawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nureldawen
Silmaril

According to the advice, I'm a hobbit-elf mutt! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] tall, but curly hair. fair skin, but i go EVERYWHERE barefoot. i guess I can be the lovechild of frodo and galadriel's love affair! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] heh heh heh.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:09 PM   #48
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

personally I find that having your ears just sticking through your hair a little bit makes them look pointed.
(There is one excxellent example of this: During Boromir's scene with Narsil he has his hair like this: His ears look unbelievably pointy!) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #49
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I'm a hobbit-elf mutt
Nureldawen, I'm completely with you on that one. I've got curly hair (eau de naturale), the hair on my legs & big toe grows rapidly, I have olive skin. On the other hand, I'm tall, gracefully long limbs, reddish lips, sparkily eyes. (I also try to be elvenly graceful)

Someone probably said this already, but clear rubber bands on the ears. Curling gel or perm. Brown mascara (brush lightly on legs & feet). Brown hair dye (hobbit). Blonde dye (elf). Black dye (either one).
Blue or brown (or grey or green) contacts.

You sort them out.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:35 AM   #50
Aredhel Ar Feiniel
Pile O'Bones

Aredhel Ar Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Hehe, I believe I'm an Elf-Hobbit mix as well. Today I look quite the hobbit though. Anyhoo, for the pure Elven face I suppose you could get those colored contact lenses. That way you could go for the dark-eyed Elf look or the amazingly blue or green-eyed Elf look. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They even make purple contacts now!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #51
Olorin
Wight

Olorin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Olorin
As for elvish, you could paint your face with that transparent glow-in-the-dark paint to give you that inner-light-look. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 01:34 PM   #52
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

kay well i didn't read the thread or anything, so maybe someone already said this but i think you can get all the tips you need on the FotR extended DVD.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:57 PM   #53
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I found a pointy-ear idea somewhere saying that you can use the glue that comes with fake nails to glue to tips of your ears to be pointy. You know, to glue the sides together? Has anyone every tried this? I want to, but I'm afraid I'l never get the glue off. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Does anyone know if it works?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:27 AM   #54
Leona
Animated Skeleton

Leona has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Let's see, I would think the main thing you need to do is believe you are a hobbit or an elf. It doesn't take much in the way of a costume, and if you just have a long flowing dress or robes, and a love for nature, thats enough, isn't it?

As for the using glue, it comes off, my problem is making it hold at the begining.

Leona
Old 08-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #55
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Nureldawen, are you my long separated twin? Would you by any chance have freckles and reddish brown hair? All the things you mentioned are true for me too, except being tall (I'm short).
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #56
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Just reviving this old thing with a new pointy-ear tip that I found out this Halloween.

You may have heard of the Band-aid trick. Folding a Band-aid into a triangle and wrapping it around your ears? That works and gives you the perfect shape. After I did this I used that "fake skin" gel (usually used to create scars, cuts, and bullet hole effects) and smothered it over the Band-aid to make it stick and not look so much like a Band-aid.

Let me tell you that this works pretty well! The only problem I had was the lumpiness. We was in a bit of a rush, so when my friend put on the gel for me it turned out a bit...lumpy. I was the "Leper Elf" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyone else find out new tips on Halloween?
Old 11-01-2003, 11:34 PM   #57
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

I tried the bandaid thing a few days ago, but I was having problems getting it on the right way. I think I'll go try again in a few minutes. Also, my skin is very light, so I don't know how well they will go with my skin. A lot of times I say I'm an elf, but sometimes I feel more hobbitish.
I liked reading through this thread!! Oh, and if you want tips on looking hobbitish or elvish, or on how to decorate your room to look hobbitish or elvish, go to Last Homely House. They have some good suggestions. They also have some recipes. Try eating some lembas, and that might make you feel more Elvish!!
Arwen
Old 11-02-2003, 03:36 PM   #58
StarJewel
Wight

Location: I'm in my dear Maedhros' arms, dreaming the day away. Oh, who am I kidding, Chicago is nothing like that!
StarJewel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to StarJewel
Silmaril

To look and feel elvish, it kind of helps to have the right attitude. It's a combinbation of sad, wise,and bittersweetness. (ok, that probably made very little sense, but bear with me). Speaking Elvish is a good way to feel and look like an elf.
For clothes, I would wear floaty, ethereal stuff. It's hard to find any really elvish jewelery, so I make my own. It looks...leafy and delicate.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:51 AM   #59
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll add my experiences with the Band Aid trick to those interesting tales of Amarantha Daisy and Arwen! I had to come up with a quick costume, having had no time at all to purposefully create one. Being a hobbit in nature and dress, I scoured my own closet and boxes of endless clothing, stored in my meager hobbit hole, and I came up with a pretty respectable Frodo costume. For the ears, yes, it was Band Aids! I thought to add fake skin or latex to them to cover up the obvious Band-Aidness of them, but since it was dark where I was going, I opted to leave them as they were. The funny thing is that I forgot they were there and wore them overnight! They were the same the next day, so I decided to do the whole Frodo dress-up thing again for my daily Walk to Rivendell session! I think I enjoyed being Frodo for the Walk as much as I did for a costume contest (which I lost! oh well!). The hobbit feet were atrocious but very funny: I used a strip of moleskin to adhere some of my old hair, saved for a couple years (don't ask! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). They came out looking like Austin Powers' chest wig, so I decided to call myself "Frodo Baggins, International Hobbit of Mystery," and added some really awful glasses to the mix. I also put a goldtone bracelet on a chain around my neck (a HUGE One Ring!). I don't think anyone can fault me for not having a sense of humor! One guy at the contest yelled out "Harry Potter!" when I emerged. Maybe it was the glasses? Oh well! Better luck next time!

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:34 PM   #60
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I am so an elf!

The Feared Half-Elf exterior is ust a disguise to hide an elven princess!

I have this really elvish, white and pale blue top. It's got floaty sleeves and really makes me feel elvish!

I also have some brown, warrior clothes as I'm a warrior for my people as well as an important person. I prefer not to be reminded that I'm royalty.

Thats all for now! Vanya Sulie!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote