The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #241
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
My reason for voting for BG implied fabrication/lying/falsehood. Things don't need to be spelled out like that, for it to be seen.
If you disliked even her simple use of Lottie's list so much, why didn't you say so yesterDay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
No. 99% of the time, innocents do not need to fabricate a list of their suspicions.
I wish that were true. However, I've played a few werewolf games myself, you know. In my experience, they very often do just that on Day 1.
Quote:
Even if they have a result which they are trying to get out - there is still the rest of the player list. Which will have honest suspicions. Wolves on the other hand, know whom the wolves are - therefore will not have honest suspicions.
No, this is backwards. A wolf has no reason to care who is lynched, as long as it's not a buddy - and therefore has the luxury of voting in the way that seems most plausible and consistent. Innocents may have to change their minds in the search for a real baddie.

Quote:
Really Rikae; suspecting me is all good and fine. But twisting my words, and putting your own meanings to what I said - is beyond ridiculous.

I stated right with my seer thought, that I immediately ruled BG out - as she was too new to try a move such as that.
Ok, so you did. I did not twist your words, I forgot.
I still don't buy it, though, and don't see the point in even mentioning it.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #242
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Deadline.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #243
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pitch-->Paranoia
Wilwa-->Paranoia (2)
Rikae-->Izzy
Paranoia-->Wilwa
Winty-->Pitchie
Dun-->Wilwa (2)
Lottie-->Snuggle Muffin (3)
Izzy-->Rikae
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #244
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
++Vanilwuffin

For, of course, previously stated reasons...

EDIT: xed with Rikae...actually, none of the BeiGe-bandwaggoners were particularly inexperienced...
Point still stands. If I were a wolf going for a convoluted bluff like that would have to have been, I would only do so among a bunch of players experienced enough to know how common such Day 1 innocent lynchings for blunders are. Obviously, this was not such a village - the proof is in the pudding.

Edit: X'd with DL - oops.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #245
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

Wilwa is dead.

Narration to follow.

Night-people, I'd like your picks at least an hour before the next DL this time.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #246
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Death by Muffin

Again the crew gathered on the bridge, or what remained of it, and again the accusations flew. This time they centred on Lieutenant Paranoia and Android Technician Wilwa– the former because he had wanted to kill Blind Guardian, the latter because she had been reluctant to do so.

"Trying to make herself look good, if you ask me," said Loslote, glancing up from the panel she was repairing.

Engineering Technician Shasta nodded firmly. "What the Chief said."

"Indeed– or, as they say on Alpha Goombae VI– schmorfl," Ensign Pitchwife agreed.

"MUFFINS! WHO WANTS MUFFINS?" B.I.L.L.Y. the Android entered, bearing a tray. "ENGLISH MUFFINS, BLUEBERRY MUFFINS, BANANA MUFFINS, APPLE MUFFINS! GET YOUR MUFFINS HERE!"

"What in Space is this?" said Commander Inziladun.

The Android Technician smiled sweetly. "Oh, sir, I thought it was time for refreshments. Won't you try one?"

"No! Don't touch them!" Lieutenant Paranoia knocked the tray from B.I.L.L.Y's hands. It fell to the floor with a crash. Muffins and muffin fragments rolled all over the bridge. "That is... they might have been poisoned... sir."

Wilwa drew herself to her full height, glaring at the Second Officer. "So that's what trying to be nice to humans gets me? That's it then! –B.I.L.L.Y.," she pointed at Paranoia, "Attack!"

"SAVE WILWA! SAVE WILWA! SAVE WILWA!" As B.I.L.L.Y. advanced on the Lieutenant, his hands retracted and were replaced with whirring, needle-sharp drills. "SAVE WILWA! SAVE WILWA! SAVE WILWA!"

"Someone save me!" pleaded Paranoia, backing away. He fired at B.I.L.L.Y., but the rays were deflected by the android's surface.

Yelling a Fundalkn war-cry, Pitchwife tackled the android from behind, while Loslote smashed its head in with an iso-spanner. B.I.L.L.Y. staggered away and crashed into the helm console, which fortunately could hardly be damaged worse than it was already.

After Commander Inziladun had commended Loslote and Pitchwife on their bravery, there remained the problem of what to do with the clearly evil Wilwa.

"Sir," Loslote picked up a large blueberry muffin, "may I suggest– poetic justice?"

Everyone thought that was an excellent plan.

Wilwa kicked and screamed, but they held her down and forced muffin after muffin down her gullet. Whether she simply choked, or whether the Second Officer had been right about the poison, Wilwa's face soon turned blue and, after a few spasms, she went limp.

At first nothing happened.

"Maybe she was just the Traitor?" young Rikae suggested.

"I knew we should have killed Pitchwife," muttered Technician wintywinty. "All that funny talk of his..."

"Quiet!" Commander Inziladun ordered.

A change was spreading over the corpse. First its hair melted away, then its skin hardened and turned to scales, while webs formed between its fingers and the once attractive face flattened into a noseless, wide-mouthed reptilian mask. The dead eyes were huge and yellow now, with slit pupils like a cat's.

Rikae's eyes seemed almost equally huge as he stared at the thing that had been Wilwa.

"Gosh," the boy breathed.

He spoke for all of them.

The Crew

Living
Commander Inziladun –First Officer.
Lieutenant Paranoia –Second Officer.
Ensign Pitchwife –Communications Officer/Interpreter.
Master Chief Petty Officer Loslote –Chief Engineer.
Isabellkya –Sensor Technician, First Class.
Shasta –Engineering Technician.
wintywinty –Weapons Maintenance Technician.
Rikae –"Cabin Boy" (a thirteen-year-old stowaway).

Dead
Doctor Morsul –Medical Officer and Captain McNerwen. –shot by Traitor on Night One.
Ensign Blind GuardianTactical Officer. –Died in convulsions (Telepath).
Eomer –Security Officer. –Thrown out the airlock (Bounty Hunter).
Lieutenant Sally –Navigator. –Torn to pieces (Metamorph).
Chief Petty Officer Keeper of Dol Guldur –Quartermaster. –Killed by exploding console (Ordinary).
Wilwa –Android Technician, Second Class. –Force-fed own muffins (Metamorph).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It is now Night Three.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #247
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Death of a Defender

The Traitor knew that time was running out. He had to make contact with the remaining morph soon, or the whole scheme would end in disaster. While the Traitor had no particular affection for Metamorphs, he had a great deal for his own skin, and he was not at all keen in being made into an object lesson in the perils of failing the Radiant Empire.

However, not only did he believe himself to have a pretty good lead, but the person he suspect of morphery was on duty that Night.

“Awful about Lieutenant Sally,” he remarked, by way of opening the conversation. “I mean, no one deserves to die like that, not even a morph.”

The crewman agreed, somewhat doubtfully.

“And Wilwa, too,” the Traitor went on. “I’m sure she was just trying to help, baking those delicious-looking muffins for everyone!”

The other just stared at him. Clearly this approach was not working.

“Look, let’s get to the point: I am the Traitor,” said the Traitor. "You aren't by chance a Metamorph, are you?”

The crewman’s jaw dropped. “What?”

“Ah,” said the Traitor, taken aback. “Well. You’re not then, I take it? That’s a pity. Not a word about this to anyone– or," he brought a note of menace into his voice, "I can guarantee you won’t live to regret it.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*.

The crewman, his shift over, made his way back to his quarters as fast as he could, frequently glancing over his shoulder. Once or twice he thought he glimpsed an odd shadow slipping along behind him, but he told himself it was just his imagination running wild. The ship had become a frightening place in which to be alone at Night– and now, as well as the remaining Metamorph and the mysterious killer of Lieutenant Sally, he had to worry about the possibility that the Traitor would change his mind and murder him to keep him quiet.

At a soft noise behind him he looked back once again– and froze, too terrified even to scream.

The figure was clothed entirely in black, its face covered by a black mask that concealed even its eyes. In its gloved hand it held a small but lethal-looking gun– and that gun was pointed straight at his head.

“Well played, Metamorph, but now it’s– game over,” it whispered, squeezing the trigger.

Something pricked the crewman in the forehead. He plucked it out and saw that it was a kind of dart. “…Huh…?”

The Assassin slumped a little. “Space,” he moaned, “not again!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*.

Later that Night, Chief Engineer Loslote took up her post watching the door of the one she had chosen to protect. Her vigil was a brief one.
After less than half an hour someone crept down the hall straight past the Defender, who kept perfectly still in the shadows, and began fiddling with the code-pad on the cabin door.

Loslote coughed. “I believe your cabin’s on the other side of the ship.”

The figure started, then turned, grinning. “Well, well. So you’re the Defender! Not a problem, for me. You may not be the one I planned on killing, but you’ll do just as well!” it said, launching itself at her.

The Defender leapt to meet it.

The child of interstellar diplomats, Loslote had been raised on the third moon of the gas giant Mu Arae b, and had been the only human ever to be trained in the ancient Mu Araen fighting style known as “The Way of the Whirlwind”. Now, for the first time since she had received the Mark of the Warrior from her old master’s tentacle, she felt she was up against an opponent who might be able to defeat her. This being, whatever it was, seemed to have muscles of steel, and it could match her for speed, blocking her every strike while getting in some vicious blows of its own. Loslote’s head swam, her broken left arm hung useless and a cut on her forehead bled profusely into one eye. It was only by luck that one of her desperate hand-chops connected with her adversary’s face, laying its cheek open to the bone.

Or rather metal. The Defender caught the gleam of it deep within the wound, as the thing staggered back.

“What are you?” Loslote panted.

“You mean you can’t guess?” Unlike the Defender, the thing was not even breathing hard. “I’m a–” it broke off, at the sound of approaching steps. “Later!” it promised her, before sprinting away down the corridor.

The newcomer halted just outside the pool of light cast by the nearest wall-lamp. Loslote's blurred vision could make out little more than a vague silhouette.

“Thanks,” said the Defender. “I owe you one!”

“Not at all. In fact, I believe I owe you one,” replied the last Metamorph, stepping into the light. In its webbed, claw-fingered hand it held an iso-spanner of the largest size. “The one you knew as Wilwa happened to be my mate. We had five hatchlings!” The iso-spanner swung up and back in a great arc. “Call it– poetic justice!”

Loslote, in her weakened state, never stood a chance.

The Crew

Living
Commander Inziladun –First Officer.
Lieutenant Paranoia –Second Officer.
Ensign Pitchwife –Communications Officer/Interpreter.
Isabellkya –Sensor Technician, First Class.
Shasta –Engineering Technician.
wintywinty –Weapons Maintenance Technician.
Rikae –"Cabin Boy" (a thirteen-year-old stowaway).

Dead
Doctor Morsul –Medical Officer and Captain McNerwen. –shot by Traitor on Night One.
Ensign Blind GuardianTactical Officer. –Died in convulsions (Telepath).
Eomer –Security Officer. –Thrown out the airlock (Bounty Hunter).
Lieutenant Sally –Navigator. –Torn to pieces (Metamorph).
Chief Petty Officer Keeper of Dol Guldur –Quartermaster. –Killed by exploding console (Ordinary).
Wilwa –Android Technician, Second Class. –Force-fed own muffins (Metamorph).
Master Chief Petty Officer Loslote –Chief Engineer. –Beaten to death with iso-spanner (Defender).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It is now Day Three. You may post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-15-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #248
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
I'd like to say day 3, and two metamorphs down; fantastic work, crew. i'd also like to say losing Lottie is quite a blow; two gifted down in two days does not make me a happy camper, though losing the telepath was partially my bad.

There is a hitch in whatever killed "Lieutenant Sally" But that's not our primary concern as of this moment; if it's not obvious.

Now, I'd like Pitch to pop up and answer my questions to him in that big rambling nightmare of a post I made at the end of day 2.

I'd also like to see more of Shasta's analysis. And Rikae's.

In the meanwhile, I'm going back to Lottie's posts to see if there's much of anything there that might be of use; with only one metamorph left, I doubt she would have been murdered to redirect suspicion as much as it's likely she was murdered to get suspicion off of someone. And last I checked, she had definite suspicions of Izzy.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #249
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I have a couple questions for Pitch and Izzy:

Pitch
said this yesterDay about Eomer (post #162):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
We know he was right about sally, and if there was another morph among his top suspects, I can see the morphs panicking and deciding to get rid of him ASAP. They may also have thought him a possible Agent - not the Telepath, obviously, but either Assassin or Defender.
This doesn't make sense at all. Why should the defender or assassin know the identities of more than one (or one, for that matter) morphs on day 1?

Also, Pitch explains his vote for Paranoia with "if you're wondering why, you haven't read my posts". Well, Pitch, I did read your posts, twice, actually, and I'm still wondering why. It seems to have been process of elimination more than anything. Care to explain?
I'd really like to understand what was behind that vote.

Also, Izzy, in voting for me yesterDay you said:
Quote:
I thought we were supposed to be voting for whom we thought suspicious. Not whom had more potential to be lynched. Or did the nature of werewolf change in the last week or something without my knowledge?
What were you talking about there? I never said anything about not voting for people you suspected... were you talking to someone else?
As for inexperienced players, Izzy, your WW experience began elsewhere and though you seem to believe you can teach the rest of
us a thing or two, I get the distinct impression your previous experience of WW is significantly different from WW here. For instance, I said something yesterDay about wolves having the luxury of making consistent-looking votes, and innocents, especially on Day 1 with a threat of modfire, sometimes needing to vote without much to go on. Do you disagree with that?
In my brief vacation from WW while finishing the spring semester, Paranoia, WintyWinty and BG seem to have started playing. That's
pretty new. My point was, this wouldn't be a village, and BG wouldn't be the wolf, to try a "silly Day 1 blunder bluff" type deal; but
that isn't what you're saying you thought she did anyway, is it? You're saying you thought it was a genuine mistake by a newbie wolf.
Why should a newbie wolf be so careless? Was she under pressure of any kind? Was there any reason she would have felt she had to vote for Lottie and not someone else? It certainly didn't appear that way. Now, I suppose I can imagine your line of thinking on this being sincere, but if it was I still say it was bad reasoning - well, for Pete's sake, look what it led to! - and you might want to stop defending it and re-evaluate your wolf hunting methods.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-14-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 06-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #250
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

What - no one here? I'm off to bed, so if anyone comes along at 2 am EST and feels like interrogating me, well, you're just gonna hafta wait.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #251
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Rikae. That quoted portion was a general statement to the at least three people whom seemed like they were looking to place their vote on whoever had the most potential to be lynched - as opposed to their top suspicions. Most often when I am saying something directly to a person, I put their name first. Like I did here.

WW here is essentially the same basic concept as traditional mafia - which I have played. The WW that I have previously played - and got started on; is different. However the concepts are all the same. If I thought I could teach everyone a thing or two - I would say so. But thank you once again for putting words into my mouth. Regardless of what styles I have played - it all boils down to the same basic concepts. Informed minority versus an uninformed majority. The fact of the matter is - which can be proven. That people easily slip into habits in terms of what innocents should do, shouldn't do, what they won't do, will do.. the same goes for wolves. We make assumptions based on what we think the mod will/not do.. etcetera. Anything which is different from the 'standard' or 'habitual' actions - is deemed wrong, or bad play. It all boils down to - having closed minds.

Newbie players have a much higher probability of making mistakes; because they are learning. Newbie wolves much more so - they have to learn the rules along with being a wolf. You don't have to be under pressure to make a mistake. A mistake can happen in any type of situation. Who really knows the reason for why she voted for Loslote? She stated she didn't even want to copy the list in the first place - so why do it, if you don't want to?

So wolves never have to vote accordingly on Day One because of threat of modfire? That really is a null tell. Anyone can be under threat of modfire on the first Day - and thus have to make a vote because of it. It isn't just going to be innocents whom are under the modfire hammer. Modfire is not alignment specific.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #252
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Just popped in to check the narration, have to be off to work in a minute. Noia, I'll answer you (and Rikae) in full when I get back (in about 9 or 10 hours). It sucks that our timezones are so different that we can rarely talk directly, so apologies for voting you in your absence, but that's how it is... Till later!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #253
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Players Alive:
Dun
Noia
Pitch
Izzy
Shasta
Winty
Rikae

Roles Alive:
1 Metamorph
1 Traitor
1 Secret Role
1 Assassin
3 Ordo's

Metamorphship
Dun
Pitch/Paranoia
Rikae
Shasta
Winty
Izzy
Innocent
Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #254
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Players Alive:
Dun
Noia
Pitch
Izzy
Shasta
Winty
Rikae

Roles Alive:
1 Metamorph
1 Traitor
1 Secret Role
1 Assassin
3 Ordo's

Metamorphship
Dun
Pitch/Paranoia
Rikae
Shasta
Winty
Izzy
Innocent
I was just going to do that
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #255
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Lottie got killed last night. There is two probable reasons for this. One, the wolves discovered her Gifted-ness. Or Two, her list of Suspects was close to dead-on. I didn't include her not being traced to anyone, because with Lottie's plethora of posts, someone could easily find a connection. Because I can not find no connection and so far no one has pointed out the possibility of Lottie being the Defender, then I am going with the assumption that reason two is correct, then the three Lottie listed yesterday as Morphish or Possible Morphish were Wilwa, Izzy, and Pitchwife. Wilwa was lynched, therefore my top two candidates for Morph/Traitor are Izzy and Pitchwife, with Pitchwife being on top, due to the fact that it seems as though Wilwa was almost following his lead, voting for her 4th option, and only 4 minutes after Pitchwife voted Paranoia.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #256
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Izzy, I think it basically comes down to you and I having different philosophies of WW. My track record over the last three and a half years is not entirely horrible, so I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking to me as though I knew nothing. Putting words in your mouth? No, but I'm reading your attitude, as it comes through in your posts. Often I find attitudes more revealing than words in this game, and when something works, I use it. I couldn't disagree more with your philosophy, which seems to hinge on "anything's possible", which is true enough, but useless - and some things are more likely than others. It's far more likely for an innocent to make silly blunders, flip-flops, etc. than a wolf, and the difference can usually be detected with close observation. But don't listen to me. *shrug* As for you, you don't seem, to me to be quite as defensive as you would be if evil; plus, I don't want to allow philosophical differences to cloud my judgment. I'm a bit more concerned about Pitch at the moment, and await his answers.
Wintywinty - I actually tend to think the morphs suspected Lottie as the defender. I know I did. A while back, she asked quite a few questions about the ability of the gifteds to find each other - she seemed a bit too interested, if you know what I mean. At least she was able to successfully protect the... what? werebear's?... target last night.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #257
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Wilwa was lynched, therefore my top two candidates for Morph/Traitor are Izzy and Pitchwife, with Pitchwife being on top, due to the fact that it seems as though Wilwa was almost following his lead, voting for her 4th option, and only 4 minutes after Pitchwife voted Paranoia.
That would have been a pretty bold move if Pitch was Wilwa's packmate, and it doesn't seem likely they would have taken such a risk. Wilwa knew she'd been under suspicion most of the Day, and she had to have known it was at least possible she would be lynched, so I find it hard to believe she would have been so quick to link herself with Pitch.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #258
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Right, I'm here at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia
You know, reading this over, Pitch, I'm finding you really intersting right now.

Let's start with your analysis of yesterday's votes and actions, and your, you know, overall willingness to attack someone who so far hasn't posted or said anything at all today. Yes, lets.
Noia, I agree it was bad form to vote you without letting you answer to my suspicion before, but I waited for you to show up as long as I reasonably could, and indeed a bit longer. My problem is that DL in my timezone is 5am, which is an hour before I have to get up for work, so except for weekends, I have to vote hours before you come online. As deplorable as this is, I don't think it should keep me from voting you if I think I have good reasons to do so. Nor vice versa.

So the question remains whether I really had good reasons. I thought I had at the time, but looking back, I'm a lot less confident about them now than I was yesterDay. Anyway, I'll try to explain how I got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noia
I don't think I really have to defend myself on the BG vote; I put down why I voted her, reasons beyond the "omg the lists didn't match up" and I did indeed look at both lists; the explanation made absolutely no sense to me and it still doesn't, because the titles were different, and she had obviously reworked bits and pieces of it. There was simply no other conclusion I could come to in my mind. And I honestly think the person who looks the worse out of what happened in the last 20 or so minutes is Willwuffin, because no matter how I read her posts there it all felt like the same thing.

"I really think BG is innocent but I'm not going to deign to tell you guys why I think so, despite how blatantly suspect she is being. I'm going to blithely throw my vote away on sally, and continue saying that even though I think BG is really innocent, I'm not going to meaningfully help her in any shape or form."
Yes, you gave reasons beyond the list issue, and I believe I said in my summary yesterDay that your vote actually looked the best in terms of reasoning. And about wilwa, she definitely looked the worst, but I thought there was a meager chance that she'd been actually trying to help but gave up because no one was listening (her throwaway vote would still have been bad, of course). Thankfully, that's cleared up now.

Still, I thought and think it was reasonable to assume that at least one of the morphs was involved in the process of lynching BG (to avoid the word bandwagon, if you object to it), simply because of the other players alive yesterDay (beside wilwa), only Lottie had made a vote at all, and I didn't see her as morphish. That left of course the non-voters, but how do you draw conclusions from a non-vote?

From there on, it was basically a process of elimination, as Rikae put it... although I'm afraid the last stages of it weren't entirely logical.
Quote:
On another note, when Shasta and Izzy showed up to defend themselves, you were readily willing to relent; you went from one to the next and then finally me, but as interesting as that is, you completely ignored Zul. It's one thing to vote an innocent with a reason and turn out wrong. It's another thing to vote an innocent without saying a bloody thing, being wrong, and skating by. Something's off there.
I don't believe I 'entirely ignored' Zil. I noted the lack of a reason given in his vote post, and his sealing BG's fate; he replied to that and explained himself, and it made sense to me. Also I didn't and still don't see him acting the way I think a Zilmorph would. (Add with hindsight that our late and lamented Lottie, who claims she can 'totally read him', had him in the 'probable innocent' category in her last list.)

Shasta's defense convinced me; Izzy's not so much, at least initially; but as she got more and more exasperate, I started developping doubts about her, and likewise with wilwa.

And there was the point which you adress here:
Quote:
Also, to those who are going "He was in the middle of the BG voters where he can skate on by!!!!" Really let me ask you; are you just trying to get on my nerves with that logic? Morphs, Wolves, and Mafia will vote in any order they please. And I don't really call it bandwagoning when someone can provide decent reasoning; bandwagoning to me is just simply voting for someone with an overall rehashed reason.
Quote:
But let's have a hypothetical situation. Let's say I was a morph. Would I have any reason to vote BG, or further add fuel to the fire when it looked like she was going to get lynched on her own anyway? Nope. It's like last game. Every post of her's added fuel to the metaphorical fire, and the more I looked at her the worse I felt about her. I said as much, and I gave reasoning for why I felt the way I did. If I was Morphanoia, I would have known she was innocent. I probably would have thrown an insubstantial vote on someone I was more suspicious earlier in the day on say... Eomer. That way I have a throwaway that isn't a, you know, obvious throwaway.
Well, the thing about morphs in the middle isn't of course a universal truth, but still I think it rather more probable than anything else, given that scum of any description don't want to stick out. And saying 'If I were a morph I wouldn't have done x but rather y' is a standard wolfish defense, as you mention yourself.

Quote:
Another thing is your basically list topping suspicion of Wilowil.. and yet you still vote me. Something's off there, considering you've basically link her with me/shasta/izzy as the definite member of whatever morphpack is on the ship. Care to explain why you voted me above the one constant amongst your conjecture?
OK, what happened in my head in the final two or three hours before my vote was that on the one hand I was becoming more and more confused about Izzy and wilwa, while on the other hand the suspicion I had against you went into a sort of feedback loop and developped into something not entirely dissimilar to a certain psychic disorder from which your nick is derived - to the point where I actually saw wilwa sharing my suspicion of you as a point for her innocence, instead of the other way round, as would have been more reasonable.

Quote:
"Well well if you're a wolf you're dangerous!" Doesn't cut it. That is always a horrible reason, because you are basically bringing a justification into the game that boils down to "what if they're a wolf?"
I stand corrected, sir.

All in all, I think I had some valid points against you. Whether they really added up to a conclusive case at the time... I thought they did, but I'm not that sure anymore. If I could have read your response before having to vote, I most likely wouldn't have voted you. What I probably should have done is stick with the 'one constant', wilwa, and give you the benefit of doubt till toDay.

And now that we know wilwa was indeed a morph, you obviously look a lot better - I have a hard time seeing her bandwagoning on my vote as morph-on-morph; have to think it through, but at the moment it doesn't seem likely to me.

Rikae, I hope this also answers your question about my vote. As for the other one: of course the Defender or Assassin wouldn't have known any morphs. What I was trying to say in the post you quoted were two independent points:
1. If Eomer happened to be right about another morph beside sally, that would have been a good reason for them to get rid of him.
2. Whether 1. is true or not, they may also have thought him one of the remaining Agents. He certainly behaved mysteriously enough on Day 1 to smell gifted.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.

Phew. This took me ages to write, now let me see what happened in the meantime.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #259
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

winty - if I understand you correctly, you're saying that I first killed Eomer because he suspected me and next killed Lottie because she suspected me. Now my reasoning may not always be flawless, but I like to believe that I wouldn't be daft enough to leave such a clear trail. Especially not since I could have foreseen that I'd be in for some scrutiny toDay after my vote and wilmorph 's wagoning on it. (And yeah, I realize I've just used the classic "I wouldn't do that as a wolf" defense I talked about above. Nevertheless.)
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #260
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
That would have been a pretty bold move if Pitch was Wilwa's packmate, and it doesn't seem likely they would have taken such a risk. Wilwa knew she'd been under suspicion most of the Day, and she had to have known it was at least possible she would be lynched, so I find it hard to believe she would have been so quick to link herself with Pitch.
But if Wilwa is an experienced wolf, then she will know that everybody will discount that possibility, simply because it was "too simple", thereby allowing her to do it.

X'd with Pitchie
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #261
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
winty - if I understand you correctly, you're saying that I first killed Eomer because he suspected me and next killed Lottie because she suspected me. Now my reasoning may not always be flawless, but I like to believe that I wouldn't be daft enough to leave such a clear trail. Especially not since I could have foreseen that I'd be in for some scrutiny toDay after my vote and wilmorph 's wagoning on it. (And yeah, I realize I've just used the classic "I wouldn't do that as a wolf" defense I talked about above. Nevertheless.)
But you would know as a wolf that everyone would discount this trail for being too easy, that everyone would think "no wolf would do that" thereby allowing you to do that.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #262
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Pitch, I'm a bit uneasy about the way you used the "exasperated innocent" explanation for both Izzy and Wilwa, and then lump them in similarly together toDay. I thought Wilwa and Izzy's behavior was quite different, and absolving two players with that one reason? Well, I don't know if I really buy it in Wilwa's case.
As for Wilwa bandwagoning on a fellow morph's vote, I think it's possible. She's been around long enough to see that it wouldn't *necessarily* leave a trail.
As for Pitch killing Eomer and Lottie because they suspected him - that's not even necessary. Whoever the last morph is, as I said before, I'm almost certain they killed Lottie as a suspected gifted. I don't know about Pitch, but when I'm evil, getting the gifteds is priority number one. Trails? Those are nonsense anyway. There are very few wolves out there any more who will simply and straightforwardly kill those who suspect them (too obvious) or avoid killing them even if they think they're gifted (because of point #1 - there's nothing terribly risky about killing someone who suspects one. Everyone will just call it a framing attempt anyway).
Thus, in response to Pitch's points here:
Quote:
1. If Eomer happened to be right about another morph beside sally, that would have been a good reason for them to get rid of him.
2. Whether 1. is true or not, they may also have thought him one of the remaining Agents. He certainly behaved mysteriously enough on Day 1 to smell gifted.
Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.
I say:
1. I don't think that's any more or less likely than the opposite. Since Pitch was one of those suspects, it makes him look nice and honest... a bit too much.
2. Eomer is always mysterious. However, it's nice to know that you, Pitch, found him giftedishly mysterious!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #263
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
But if Wilwa is an experienced wolf, then she will know that everybody will discount that possibility, simply because it was "too simple", thereby allowing her to do it.
I didn't say that was out of the question, but I still think it unlikely.

Additionally, I think Pitch's words toDay thus far seem pretty reasonable.

Para looks fairly clean at the moment for his Wilwa vote, and his explanations yesterDay.

I don't agree with the majority of winty's points, but that doesn't mean he's evil.

Rikae? Always a tough one for me to figure out. She was laying low early on, at least more so than I might expect. However, yesterDay she looked more like the Rikae I remembered. She seemed to make some good points about Izzy. Her vote for Izzy seemed well-reasoned enough.

Izzy and Shasta were the other two (along with Lottie and me) in the BG wagon. It's quite obvious everyone who voted BG wasn't a Metamorph, but I do think it's highly improbable there were no Metas involved.

Shasta didn't vote, saying in the Admin Thread that he forgot about DL. Well, I guess it happens. He had been saying Wilwa would have been his vote. Anyone can say that, granted, but he'd also been suspecting her before, as I recall. Is wolf-on-wolf out of the question? No, but with only two of them left it would seem unnecessarily risky.

Which leaves Izzy. The sudden vote against Rikae bothers me somewhat. It might have been a knee-jerk reaction of an innocent against suspicion, but it could also have been a seizure of opportunity in finding a plausible reason to vote for someone besides Wilwa.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #264
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #265
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay. So I'm guessing that the secret role is indeed akin to a WereBear or simply a third party. They hunt someone/thing specific; yet aren't adverse to killing anything in their path?

This third party attacked Loslote, and the remaining Metamorph finished her off, in some sort of revenge kill? Or just plot to show that the Third Party & Metamorph both chose to kill Loslote.

Dun. If Wilwa and I were morphmates. Why throw my vote away on Rikae? Why not 'seize opportunity and find a plausible reason to vote for someone other than Wilwa', whom would keep her away from the noose? Some one like.. Paranoia for instance. I was the last vote, why not try and save her?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #266
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
But you would know as a wolf that everyone would discount this trail for being too easy, that everyone would think "no wolf would do that" thereby allowing you to do that.
And I would also know that they know that I know, and they would know that I know that they know, that I know, etc. etc. This isn't getting us anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Pitch, I'm a bit uneasy about the way you used the "exasperated innocent" explanation for both Izzy and Wilwa, and then lump them in similarly together toDay. I thought Wilwa and Izzy's behavior was quite different, and absolving two players with that one reason? Well, I don't know if I really buy it in Wilwa's case.
Yeah, it was different - Izzy lashing out at whoever was questioning her (first me, then you), wilwa more like pleading "why don't you all see what a good girl I've really been". What I said in that neverending post above was from memory, which can be deceiving. Looking at wilwa's later posts now, up to the point of my vote and hers, she actually became less defensive and seemed to be pulling herself together (which I liked at the time), until she was questioned again for her vote. The latter was after I'd left, but I'd read it up in the meantime and got the chronology mixed up. My bad.

As for yesterDay - yep, I used the same expression in both cases. I guess the best I can say is that at the moment I'm not terribly proud of my reasoning yesterDay. Pitch enamoured with his Paramorphia theory, believing he's had a stroke of genius while everybody's concentrating on Izzy and wilwa , and getting carried away so far that he lets the real morph off the hook... and in the process drawing enough suspicion to himself that the last morph is probably leaning back with a bowl of popcorn right now. Not to mention the Cyberbear, or WereCyborg, or whatever it is whose kill Lottie managed to prevent last Night.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #267
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I'd like to say day 3, and two metamorphs down; fantastic work, crew.
There's that word again. "Fantastic". Wilwa said it too, you know.

Quote:
There is a hitch in whatever killed "Lieutenant Sally" But that's not our primary concern as of this moment; if it's not obvious.
Now this is certainly an eyebrow-raiser. Whatever killed Sally and attacked Lottie last night is pretty obviously some kind of were-Bear role. And in my experience, singular were-Bears generally have something going for them besides a simple nightkill to help them with survivability. Now, we've taken out two of the three Morphs, which leaves us with one Morph with a nightkill. Now, what I'm wondering is - why try to get us to discount the wereBear, who is clearly more dangerous than the lone Morph, completely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Interesting and slightly expected, given that I still think Zil is the traitor and suspect Pitch.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #268
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Alright, I'm caught up. Now I'll finish that analysis of Pitch from yesterday.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #269
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
This third party attacked Loslote, and the remaining Metamorph finished her off, in some sort of revenge kill? Or just plot to show that the Third Party & Metamorph both chose to kill Loslote.
The "third party" tried to kill the person Lottie was protecting; Lottie then fought it (made a save). The Metamorph killed Lottie in the usual way. (The bit about being Wilwa's mate was just for narrative purposes– it wasn't really a Lover's revenge kill). I realised after I'd posted that it's a bit misleading.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #270
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

People keep talking about a Werebear, or BearCyborg, or something as being the thing that killed Sally. Could someone please describe to me the details of what a Werebear role does?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #271
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Interesting and slightly expected, given that I still think Zil is the traitor and suspect Pitch.
I could be the Traitor. So could you.

Pitch could be the last Meta, certainly. But do you really think it's likely Wilmorph would have been so blatant as to follow his vote on Para so quickly? If she'd waited a bit to test the wind, then done it if no one else questioned Pitch about it, I'd think it more plausible.

EDIT: to respond to winty, a werebear kills at Night like a wolf, but he's by himself. He only wins if all the wolves die and he's left alive.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #272
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
EDIT: to respond to winty, a werebear kills at Night like a wolf, but he's by himself. He only wins if all the wolves die and he's left alive.
Ok, Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #273
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Para looks fairly clean at the moment for his Wilwa vote, and his explanations yesterDay.
Yep. I forgot to mention his own vote in my reply to him above, but that's another point for him.

Quote:
I don't agree with the majority of winty's points, but that doesn't mean he's evil.
I obviously don't agree either. It bothers me a bit that he's been so goddamn convinced of my morphishness basically ever since he first showed up and no matter what happens, it always seems to fit his Pitchmorph theory, but up to now, he may be an innocent suffering from the same kind of tunnel vision and over-confidence that led to my vote yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -"-
Rikae? Always a tough one for me to figure out. She was laying low early on, at least more so than I might expect. However, yesterDay she looked more like the Rikae I remembered. She seemed to make some good points about Izzy. Her vote for Izzy seemed well-reasoned enough.
She looks decent enough to me. Neither morph nor traitor, I think (certainly not the latter, or she wouldn't have grilled me like that toDay). Could possibly be the CyberBear, or whatever it is, if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -"-
Izzy and Shasta were the other two (along with Lottie and me) in the BG wagon. It's quite obvious everyone who voted BG wasn't a Metamorph, but I do think it's highly improbable there were no Metas involved.
I thought, and still think, so too... Let's not ignore the Day 1 non-voters, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -"-
Shasta didn't vote, saying in the Admin Thread that he forgot about DL. Well, I guess it happens. He had been saying Wilwa would have been his vote. Anyone can say that, granted, but he'd also been suspecting her before, as I recall. Is wolf-on-wolf out of the question? No, but with only two of them left it would seem unnecessarily risky.
I asked myself the same question about wilwa and Noia. In any other village, I wouldn't have ruled it out completely, but with a third party involved, I think they wouldn't have risked one of them being left alone. Another point for both Shasta and Noia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -"-
Which leaves Izzy. The sudden vote against Rikae bothers me somewhat. It might have been a knee-jerk reaction of an innocent against suspicion, but it could also have been a seizure of opportunity in finding a plausible reason to vote for someone besides Wilwa.
I don't at the moment know head from tail about Izzy.

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta, Shasta, Nerwen, winty, Zil and winty.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 06-15-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #274
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Now this is certainly an eyebrow-raiser. Whatever killed Sally and attacked Lottie last night is pretty obviously some kind of were-Bear role. And in my experience, singular were-Bears generally have something going for them besides a simple nightkill to help them with survivability. Now, we've taken out two of the three Morphs, which leaves us with one Morph with a nightkill. Now, what I'm wondering is - why try to get us to discount the wereBear, who is clearly more dangerous than the lone Morph, completely?
Good point, Shasta, and especially interesting considering that I started thinking Paranoia looked a bit werebearish yesterDay. When I get a chance I'll have to dig up the quotes that set off the alarm, but for now I'll just say the overall detached-but-cautious vibe is worrisome, as well as the smug tone this morning.
The situation as it stands now is ideal for a bear: only one competitor-morph left, but that one means the number of innocents decreases quickly - and, out of the gifteds, only the one who can't do the bear any harm left (and who might even end up treating the bear as a sort of "known innocent"!)
Old 06-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #275
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Scratch my thought that the 3rd party and Metamorph were both after Loslote. She merely blocked the thirds attack.

known innocent known morph

Day 1:
Loslote -> Pitch
BG -> Loslote
Izzy -> BG
Shasta -> BG2
Paranoia -> BG3
Dun -> BG4
Wilwa -> Sally

Day2:
Pitch -> Paranoia
Wilwa -> Paranoia
Rikae -> Izzy
Paranoia -> Wilwa
Winty -> Pitch
Dun -> Wilwa2
Loslote -> Wilwa3
Izzy -> Rikae

Pitch -> Paranoia.
If you're wondering why, you haven't read my posts toDay. I'm not comfortable with voting him before he's had a chance to respond, but given our different time zones, it can't be helped. He looks like the most suspicious of the BG voters to me, and I'm not that confident about voting anybody else. And if he's indeed a morph, he's a dangerous one, so get rid of him NOW.

Wilwa -> Paranoia
I'm not going to vote for Inzil, because I have the feeling no one will go along with that. Ditto for Lottie and Shasta. So I'll go with my fourth option, though I wasn't originally planning on voting him, I'm willing to since I do find him suspicious and I'd rather not waste my vote toDay.

Rikae -> Izzy
#205. Yeah, Izzy's pretty suspicious, indeed. I don't see anyone more
suspicious around, so:

Paranoia -> Wilwa
#211 Should I get lynched in the interrim, I'm laying down my suspicions as Pitch, Wilwarin, and Zul as a possibility. I am uneasy about Izzy but I don't feel too bad about her at the moment. I believe Shasta, Lottie, and Rikae as town.

Winty -> Pitch
Most Suspicious:
Pitchwife, Wilwa, Noia, and Zil

Dun -> Wilwa
For previously stated reasons.

Loslote -> Wilwa
For, of course, previously stated reasons...

Izzy -> Rikae

You can deem it as OMGUS I suppose, though that isn't the reason. Yes we interpret what others do - but blatantly spinning it to fit your vote.. come on.

- I could not find a reason for why Paranoia voted for Wilwa. Unless I am remembering wrong, one or two people have said that he looks good because he voted for WIlwa. Yet.. where is the reason for it? I actually don't see him discuss her at all in regards to his suspicions towards her. The previous Day, he had no read on her. Was this an OMGUS vote for her Paranoia? Or were you simply preemptively voting for her, because she looked like she might be in trouble? In the post you voted for her, you listed as you were suspicious of Pitch more thanyou were of Wilwa. So why vote her over him?

-Winty's official vote was posts later after his list. If I remember correctly, he was having issues with the tagging. Again, where is the reason for your vote?

-Dun. What previously stated reasons on Wilwa? I looked through all of yours posts from yesterDay and couldn't find a single instance of where you described your suspicions upon Wilwa. #221 you said she was still 'tops on your list'. Am I missing a page or something?

X'd with every thing after #266
Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #276
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I obviously don't agree either. It bothers me a bit that he's been so goddamn convinced of my morphishness basically ever since he first showed up and no matter what happens, it always seems to fit his Pitchmorph theory, but up to now, he may be an innocent suffering from the same kind of tunnel vision and over-confidence that led to my vote yesterDay.
After my analysis of the first day, it seemed to me that You, Noia, and Zil were the most suspicious. That after the second day and night, your name appeared on Lottie's list, and then she was killed, and it appears as if Wilwa was following your lead, knowing that nobody would suspect of her leaving such a simple trail. Neither Noia nor Zil have not done anything extremely suspicious, so they have gone down on my suspicion list. I am not fitting the data (what people say and do) to my theory, but rather reassessing the data after each Night, and it so happens that what I found who I found as suspicious today was the same one who I found suspicion with yesterday.

X'd with Rikae and Izzy

Last edited by wintywinty; 06-15-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #277
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

On Pitch -

#18 - Banter. Asks Eomer what's suspicious about BG.

#22 - Banter. Laments the fact that the Assassin can't reveal and act as a pseudoSeer. Asks Eomer if he's just stirring the pot.

#26 - Tries to turn discussion away from the rules.

#28 - Disagrees with Rikae about the effectiveness of a revealed Hunter.

#39 - IC flattery of Inzil that I mentioned earlier, which fits my current working theory of Inziltraitor and Pitchmorph. Also flips a bit on his thoughts on discussing game mechanics in response to Lottie's suspicion of Wilwa...

Quote:
That's the problem with discussing game mechanics: it can be useful, giving people something to talk about on Day 1, and sometimes is indeed necessary, but it's also something to hide behind if you're trying to look helpful but are reluctant to actually suspect somebody.
So much in general. As for wilwa, don't know... Though it seems to me that a Morph has more reason to be happy about the Agents' deep conditioning than anybody else. I'd like to see what she's got to say when she's back, if I manage to stay awake that long.
Now, this could be an honest suspicion of Wilwa, but I think it's too vague for that. It looks more like preparatory morph-on-morph suspicion - very light, but something to be pointed to once the morph in question is revealed.

#40 - Asks BG what she has to say about Eomer's suspicion of her.

#42 - Numbered points in response to BG. This post seems almost naggy, and kind of nitpicky. Now, granted, several people (myself included) began pressing BG later in the day (about her list), but this is earlier in the day, and looks sort of like a preparatory witch-hunt. The question is, would a Pitchmorph be this obvious?

#54 - Responses to Eomer. Ends up deciding not to vote him. Mentions that BG was a "loudmouth wolf[/b] in the previous game.

#55 - Notes that Eomer's vote isn't highlighted.

#158 - Analyzes the BG wagon (or at least relates it). Here's the bit I find fishy.

Quote:
About that Seer-wagon: having read the last game, I see how her behaviour could have been seen as repeating her wolvish preincarnation, and honestly I'm not sure how I would have reacted to it myself if I'd been around to vote, but I find it noteworthy how everybody (that is, Izzy, Shasta, Noia and Zil) jumped on her blunder like wolves on a tasty bit of lynch-meat, without even considering the possibility that she'd just made a noobish mistake.
And I find it noteworthy that you immediately jumped on the four people in that wagon hardcore. Lots of lynch-fodder in a group of four, surely one will take, right? Especially since you badgered her just as much previously, while you were still around.

#159 - Analyzes the other votes of the day. States what he calls "obvious" -

Quote:
With hindsight, obviously a morphish camouflage manœuver.
If I remember correctly, Sally's done the same thing when innocent if she doesn't have time to participate day one, so calling it an "obvious camouflage maneuver" seems a bit overly-eager. Also builds on his suspicion of Wilwa based on her vote for Sally. Apparently everyone who's still alive who voted is suspicious, now, save Lottie (who voted for Pitch himself!)

#162 - Analyzes Eomer and his death. Suggests that he was killed because he had another Morph among his top suspects, or that he appeared Gifted (although this seemed to be an afterthought). Then says it would have made sense for Lottie and/or Wilwa to have killed Eomer to frame said top suspects. Then says it could have even been both.

#165 - Responds to Izzy, but finds the fact that she voted BG so quickly suspicious. Doesn't think we should concentrate on the BG voters to the exclusion of all else, but doesn't think we should ignore them (no one really was, at this point).

#166 - More "feelgoodery" in response to Inzil.

#168 - Details his thoughts on Noia. This bit right here is interesting...

Quote:
All in all, he's a hard one. Hands-on approach and some good points, but telling Eomer not to make unreasoned accusations while doing it himself? His vote on BG looks the most well-reasoned of the four, but I gather he's an experienced player, if new to the Fleet, and therefore perfectly capable of making a good-looking case against an innocent if he's a morph.
Now, I believe that the word "unreasoned" refers to Noia's IC "suspicion" of Rikae, but as that was IC it's pretty safely disregarded, especially since Noia later said he considered Rikae innocent. So immediately calling his vote for BG "well-reasoned" right after he suspects him for being "unreasoned" comes out looking odd.

#171 - Details his thoughts on me. I've responded to most of this already, but it's worth noting that Pitch also takes the opportunity to plug his wilwa-suspicion here. There are several things in this post, as well, that make me think that this was preparatory to becoming an actual case on me, but was later aborted. I could, however, just have a tremendous ego.

#172 - Asks if Mira was modfired.

#173 - Details his thoughts on Lottie, Winty, Zil, Rikae, and Izzy. Trusts Lottie, sees nothing morphish about Winty, trusts Zil (of course), sees nothing morphish about Rikae, and suspects Izzy.

#178 - Considers the most likely morphs to be Wilwa, Noia, me, and Izzy. Is set on Wilwa being a morph, quite firmly so. Starts pondering if Wilwa might be the Traitor instead.

#187 - Mr. Agreeable rears his head again. Thinks I look better after my responses to his earlier post.

#190 - Two things interesting here.

Quote:
So what are you going to do? Just ignore it all for fear of exposing the Seer, at a time when there was nothing else of any note happening? Or question player 1, hoping to get a better read on them?
Well, given that it was Eomer... Seriously, though, given that you put EomerSeer in your list of scenarios, the thought had to have crossed your mind. The fact that there was "nothing else going on" doesn't excuse the fact that you could have outed the Seer there. That's all I'm saying.

Also...

Quote:
Nah, sorry, that seems to have been constructed with hindsight. Don't buy it.

Quote:
Quote:
Again. I did not vote BG because of previous game behavior. K. Thanks. I've seen this said more than once - that I voted for her because of last game. This is the second (going to be third) time I think I even said it - I did not vote her because of previous game behavior.
No, you didn't. I've noted you haven't used that excuse, I'll hand you that.

Hmmm. This post of Izzy's has some marks of an exasperated innocent. I'm inclined to move her to the lower end of my suspicion list, along with Shasta. (Zil is already there)
Now, hold on. Just three lines above, you said you didn't buy Izzy's explanation of her thoughts on BG, but you immediately turn around and label her "exasperated innocent"? There's something off there.

#191 - Responds to Inzil's explanation of the flattery earlier. Also mentions that a Pitchmorph and a Zilmorph working together would look like Lottie's game (because playstyles never, ever change, right?) Also, starts trying to alleviate suspicion on Wilwa - this could be a Pitchmorph realizing that his morph-on-morphery has worked a little too well and trying to do damage control.

#193 - Votes for Paranoia. Now there's a lot wrong with this. Rikae's gone through some of it, but I'd like to add that earlier on in the day Noia was apparently the least suspicious of the [b]BG]/b] voters, according to Pitch.

#252 - Pops in to read the narration.

#258 - A long post that basically comes down to "Oops." Pitch analyzes his own reasons for voting Paranoia yesterday and finds them to be not as great as he'd originally thought they were.

#259 - Notes that he wouldn't be daft enough to leave a clear trail to himself as a morph with the kills. Then invalidates his post completely by noting that he used a defense that's not a defense at all.

#266 - An extension of #259, basically, combined with an "Aw, shucks, they done fooled ol' Pitch again" vibe. Not buying it.

Conclusion - After going through Pitch's posts individually I'm really thinking he's our last Morph.

Also, something we're forgetting - a werebear tends to act exactly like an innocent would in any given situation, because they have no ties to anyone. That's what makes them so hard to catch. "Clearing" someone because of how they interacted with Wilwa, for instance, doesn't "clear" them at all.

That took forever.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-15-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: X'ed with [b]winty[/b].
Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #278
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
-Winty's official vote was posts later after his list. If I remember correctly, he was having issues with the tagging. Again, where is the reason for your vote?
Bottom of Page 4

X'd with Shasta
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #279
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Dun. What previously stated reasons on Wilwa? I looked through all of yours posts from yesterDay and couldn't find a single instance of where you described your suspicions upon Wilwa. #221 you said she was still 'tops on your list'. Am I missing a page or something?
See here, here, and here.

No, I didn't come out and say "I think Wilwa is a Metamorph". However, she was the only one I'd really suspected all day, so I didn't think I needed to spell it out.

x/d with all since Izzy's last.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #280
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh Moddess, dear, am I allowed to tease them? Just a little? Just to make them come out of hiding, of course, so they'll vote and discuss and such. Please?

*dashes back into the shadows before the sun burnssssss her skinsssssss*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote