The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tol-in-Gaurhoth VII (The Saga goes ever on and on)

Welcome to Werewolf VII! For clarification and convenience, here are the rules:

Rules:

The players represent a village, and each member of the village has a role, which is kept secret. Most players are Ordinary Villagers, but three are Werewolves, one is a Seer, one a Hunter, one a Ranger, one a Cursed Villager, and two are Shiriffs. The goal of the villagers is to eliminate all of the werewolves. Likewise, the goal of the werewolves is to eliminate the villagers, which they can do if the number of non-werewolves is equal or less than the number of werewolves.

Gameplay

The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a short Night post before the first Day.

Night

Night lasts 24 hours, or less if all night-time activity is completed before then.

During Night, only Werewolves may PM one another. The Werewolves must PM the Moderator about who they have chosen to kill.
The Seer must PM the Moderator concerning their Dream.
The Hunter must PM the Moderator concerning who they want to kill if they die.
The Ranger must PM the Moderator concerning who they want to protect.

Day

Day lasts 24 hours, or less if all day-time activity is completed before then.

During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must publicly discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are non-retractable and are cast by bolding a name with a ++ sign before it, all in capitals, e.g. ++FIREFOOT. Votes should be on a separate line. DO NOT edit your posts to include a vote. At the end of the Day the player with the most votes is lynched (killed) and their secret role is revealed. If votes are tied, all nominees are killed. Double (or more) lynchings are FROWNED UPON and STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. In other words, if you do, you will bring the wrath of the Moddess Goddess down upon you.

When the lynching is finished all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next Night begins.

Winning

The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.

Roles (in slightly more detail):

Ordinary Villagers: All they have to do is deduce the werewolves by Day.

Werewolves: Choose one person to kill per Night by PMing one another and discussing their ideas, then PM the Moderator with this decision. Werewolves may not PM each other during Day. During Day, they should try to avoid detection as werewolves.

Seer: Chooses one person to Dream about each Night. The role of this person is revealed only to the Seer. During Day, the Seer should use this information to influence the debate as inconspicuously as possible.

Cursed Villager: The Cursed Villager doesn’t know that they are cursed. If the Cursed Villager is killed by Werewolves, the moderator will announce that nobody was killed. The Cursed Villager then becomes a Werewolf and is introduced to his/her new team mates. If the Cursed Villager is lynched, whether before or after transformation, their role will not be revealed.

The Werewolf Hunter: If the Hunter is killed by a Werewolf or hanged by Villagers, he/she names one other player before being killed. That player is then automatically killed. The Hunter should PM the Moderator each Night to say who they want to kill if they die during night. If the Hunter is lynched during Day, there might be a small delay in the beginning of the next Night as they will need to contact the Moderator

The Ranger: Each night, the Ranger names another player. If that player is the Werewolf victim, the victim survives and there is no death that night. The Ranger may not protect the same person twice in a row.

The Shirriffs: These are two otherwise Ordinary Villagers who know each other and thus know that they are both innocent. They may PM one another by Day to discuss ideas, but not by Night. They may not reveal their roles until one of them is dead. Upon the demise of one Shirriff, a final letter will be sent to the mod to be forwarded to the other Shirriff. There are two Shirriffs.

The Cobbler: This player is on the werewolves team, but is not a werewolf! The cobbler doesn’t know who the werewolves are, they don’t know who s/he is. The game does not end in a situation where #(werewolves+ cobbler) >= #villagers. The cobbler looks like a villager to the seer. The cobbler actually doesn’t mind being lynched in many cases, to protect a werewolf from dying.

Discrepancies

Compromising privacy: You can say you're a villager/seer/werewolf, etc. all you want, but under no circumstances should you post anything that would give your claim absolute credibility. You are not allowed to post any PMs or other private conversation between yourself and the game moderator. Infractions of this rule are grounds for immediately disqualification from that game and all future games.

Outside interference: Once you are killed in a werewolf game you should no longer post in the thread, or the Werewolf I thread, or communicate with players that are still alive in the game. You're dead. Dead people tell no tales. Breaching of this rule will result in disqualification from all future games.

Private Messages: Players may not PM one another about the game; all discussion must be open. The exceptions are the Werewolves, who may only PM one another during Night, and Shirriffs, who may only PM one another by DAY. Please remember to keep space for PMs from other players or the Moderator, if relevant.

Role Play: Players should not refer to the game as a game. I will have to insist that you do not mention past villagers whatsoever as this rule was completely ignored last game. It is, of course, okay to theorize concerning werewolf tactics. This hardly requires the words “When I was a Werewolf in Game II…” to be attached to the front of the theory. Breaking this rule will result in a warning, breaking it a second time will result in automatic lynching.

Please remember to stay invisible. You can do this by going to User CP, change options and clicking the Invisible Mode button.

Players:

Dancing Spawn - Landlady
Durelin - Dead-header of flowers (has selective memory)
Elf-warrior - Butcher
Encai - Wandering gypsy
Eomer - Generous dancer
Feanor - Pathological liar
Kath - Undertaker
Kitanna - Town crier
Lhuna - Lhunatic
LMP - Local stuffy old astrologer
Mormegil - Official executioner
Nilp - Suspicious wolf breeder
Oddwen - Tourist
Oromin - Musician
Saurreg - Shepherd
TGWBS - Blacksmith
TORE - Weedgrower
Wilwa - Town Troubadour

There are:

3 wolves
1 seer
1 ranger
1 hunter
1 cobbler
1 cursed villager
2 shirriffs
8 ordinary villagers

~*~*~*~

Here follows the account of a village. Depending on the perspective, the village may or may not be considered a pleasant one, but the account is certainly not pleasant. The name of the village (according to some sources) is Loveland, ironically enough, as the villagers would find to their unpleasant surprise that the village was not so loving as it may have seemed. The new unpleasant phase of the village’s history began to unfold as a chill breeze blew through the village under the pale light of the rising moon as (most of) the villagers went to bed with a (reasoned) chill in their bones and an (unreasoned) chill in their hearts…

It is now Night 1. The wolves may communicate with each other to strategize; the Seer needs to send me a choice of a dream. Night will end in 24 hours.

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-24-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
It was a red dawn that the villagers awoke to in the morning. Most of them took little note of this – “how pretty,” thought one, and, “what a nice sunny day,” thought another – though perhaps they should have. No, most of them were simply relieved that their premonitions of the previous night had seemingly come to naught. After all, what bad could ever happen in a village with a name like Loveland, anyway?

And so, the villagers began to go about their business for the day. It was not until mid-morning that someone realized that everything was not all right. “Has anyone seen Firefoot yet this morning?”

No one had, and Firefoot was not the type to simply turn up missing. Fear reawakened in the hearts of the villagers as they hurried down the street to Firefoot’s house.

“There’s smoke coming from the chimney,” noted one villager in relief. “Maybe she’s just sick or something…”

“Let’s knock,” stated another, more skeptical villager. The chap at the front of the troop rapped on the door; this soon turned into a pounding after getting no answer. “Something’s wrong. We’ll have to break down the door,” he commented, trying the door knob without luck. The pair at the back exchanged looks. Breaking down the door was extreme… and Firefoot would be none too happy if her door was destroyed. One of them ventured, “Maybe if someone could slip through a window and unlock the door…? Firefoot always leaves her windows open.” This was true, and the smallest villager was hoisted in through the window.

Shortly they were all standing inside the door. “Something smells in here,” commented someone, "like something's burning." The scent grew stronger as they came to the back of the house. Gagging could be heard from at least one villager. Finally, they entered the last room and a horrible sight greeted them.

Firefoot had been drowned; her body lay face up in a tub full of water. Her facial features were twisted in pain, for the tub had been pushed up against the stove, and her feet, which had been stuck into the stove, were even now burning – though most of the flesh was gone by now. Something had been burning all right - Firefoot's feet.

“Who could do such a thing?” cried one of the villagers. One of the more stolid souls stepped closer to the body and noticed that Firefoot’s stiffened hand held a sheet of paper. He gently pried it loose and saw that it had at one point held a great deal more writing than could now be read. What was still legible, however, made him blanch.

“Well? What does it say?” demanded a villager.

“Most of the ink has been blurred from the water…” he muttered. “But part of it is clear enough.” He held up the damp parchment for all to see. Though blurry, there could be no doubt: 3 werewolves.

“We must kill them or die trying!” swore one villager. The ominous words seemed to echo in the suddenly still room as they all turned to stare at the unfortunate villager. “Er… maybe we should step outside, where the air is fresher and we can think clearer?” he suggested weakly. Nevertheless, the proposition was followed, though all the while the villagers were shooting uneasy, suspicious looks at their companions. 3 wolves…

~*~*~*~

Living:

Dancing Spawn
Durelin
Elf-warrior
Encai
Eomer
Feanor
Kath
Kitanna
Lhuna
LMP
Mormegil
Nilpaurion
Oddwen
Oromin
Saurreg
TGWBS
TORE
Wilwarin

Dead:

Firefoot – drowned and burned by werewolves on Night 1

Score:

Werewolves – 3
Villagers - 15

It is now Day 1. Day will end in 24 hours. Wolves, stop PM’ing. Shirriffs may start.

Remember: You should be on invisible mode. I can still see at least one of you.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Looks as though I'll be busy these next few days, what with being the town executioner and all. I say we get lynching and do it soon, I've got lunch to eat.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Poor Firefoot, may she rest in peace. I don't know who did this. The only people who do are the wolves and maybe the Seer knows one. I don't think we should rush to judgment mormegil.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I agree, we should take our time with this decision.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
It's good to hear that you haven't lost your appetite, mormegil. What are you having - some chicken legs, perhaps?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

What a mess - send for the cleaner!

I always liked that lass. Feisty she was, and powerful intelligent. I remember something she once told me: "Celebration and box socialing may be amusing, but it don't make you see clearer." Now, I always took this as ever so slightly derogatory toward myself but regardless, I won't mock the dead. Only I would point out that I'm seeing clearer than she is right now.

We've wolves that need hunting and no mistake. Now, they say death follows me around like trouble follows Nilpaurion, and for that I am truly sorry. 'Twasn't my choice, 'twasn't my doing. Some folks are just born unlucky. Leastways that's what my grandaddy always told me.

I would like to immediately propose that you do not lynch me.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #8
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Me neither. Considering its my first game I should obviously be given a fair chance.

I find that Morm is a little too eager for some blood shed don't you think?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Not really. I mean, we do have werewolves among us. I'm kinda eager for some bloodshed too; after all, I'd like to live and be free from these monsters. The sooner we kill them the better.

Besides, he's an executioner; he's a bloodthirsty rogue and we love him for it.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Morm is always eager for blood, he is the town executioner after all.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #11
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Bah, what a mess. And it's a terrible bother what with havin' a tourist like that Oddwen here to see all this! I can assure you, miss, that things like this aren't normal occurrences. Drowned and burned but not a bit chewed upon?
These wolves are a bit strange, to say the least.

Now I'm sorry to be so blunt, no actually I'm not, but lets not here any of this "the best thing to do is cross-examine & analyze each person." It's more than likely that every good intentioned villager was asleep, so we have no witnesses. You all can say what you want, but it seems to me that this first lynching will be mostly a shootin' in the dark. Aside from a rare first day mistake, which I should doubt we'll find, the only thing we can really use are voting records & discernable patterns, & we have neither of those right now. So lets not start wasting breath on rhetoric about examinazation & analyzating. We can keep a sharp eye out for suspicious behavior, but we've not much more than that to go on.

I do agree, though, that we not rush to any conclusions. As for me I'm going to go have a bit of a smoke to clear my head.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:40 AM   #12
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My word... *peeks into basket on arm* I do hope Firefoot was fond of Morning Glories... And I figure the dead won't mind dead flowers. I'll have to scatter some upon her grave, the poor dear. Though it seems I had best save some... Looks like we're in for it, dearies. By lynching or murdering...though a fine line it is between the two, yes it is...

Them werewolves are in for it if they try and get a piece of me! *shakes fist, unfortunately attached to the arm upon which the basket dangles, scattering dead flower blossoms upon the ground* Oh dear...I forgot about my flowers... *spots some carnations and runs over to them, inspecting them*
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #13
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
It seems the werewolves have a strong sense of irony. Or maybe they're pyromaniacs. Or maybe they like feet.

Those are the three leads I can think of at the moment. Perhaps one werewolf falls into each of these categories?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #14
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Oh my! It's so sad about poor Firefoot. She was a nice lass and will be missed by all. It's terrible that anybody would do such a thing to her. We must expend all our efforts in killing these wolves!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
It seems the werewolves have a strong sense of irony. Or maybe they're pyromaniacs. Or maybe they like feet.
Well I can tell you one thing: Werewolves don't like flowers! *shakes basket menacingly*
Old 07-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #16
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Poor Firefoot. Dead, and in such a nasty way. I'll never forget that smell as long as I live. But good villagers we must find a way to beat these werewolves before it's us that ends up in a cooking pot! Any ideas floating around?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #17
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Any ideas floating around?
Yes, actually. I suggest we kill that lying fiend, Feanor. She's only gonna confuse us afterwards anyway!

Or we could take out that shifty Eomer.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:54 AM   #18
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Unfortunately, there's no way for everyone to communicate who they are without the wolves knowing too... We do outnumber the wolves by quite a bit (otherwise we'd all be dead already), but...
Old 07-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #19
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
TGWBS I think it's a little early to be throwing death plans around, especially since one of your choices hasn't even posted yet! You never know, Fea might be more of a help than a hindrance.

But I agree with Durelin. No gifted villager can really hint at their role until at least one wolf is dead. Then the advantage is taken away from the werewolves a little at least.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #20
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

On the contrary, Kath. Especially if we're talking about the Seer. The Seer's job is to hint, not necessarily at what he/she is but at what he/she has found. If the Seer is so scared to hint that he/she doesn't hint enough than it's very possible that the Seer will do us no good at all. As to the other roles it really wouldn't do much good to hint about anyway, other than 'proving' that you're innocent because you're a gifted villager.

Although I do agree that once at least one wolf is dead the risks are less.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #21
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

It is best for Gifteds to remain hidden for a while yet. That way, we Norm's (Ord's?) can hide them by numbers. The wolves can kill us, the other innocents kill us, and the damage to Loveland will not be too great.

I think we should kill Kath for doubting my wisdom. If Fea were here, whe sould probably be asking us to lynch her for some reason or other...
Old 07-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #22
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
No gifted villager can really hint at their role until at least one wolf is dead. Then the advantage is taken away from the werewolves a little at least.
Though going up and lynching someone who's of value against the wolves would be just as bad as letting them get killed by the wolves...oh what a quagmire we're in! I will never be able to say which is less detrimental. I really cannot make any decisions, unless they have to do with killing known werewolves...
Old 07-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #23
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Mm sorry Estel I was actually thinking of the Shirriffs but have just realised that they can only reveal themselves after one has died so it was a moot point anyway.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #24
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

No problemo. My weed is calling me again, I will be back later to catch myself up on what has been said.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #25
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Morm is always eager for blood, he is the town executioner after all.
Point taken. After all, I'm in a bloody profession too . And TORE, I think that in the maze of accusations someone is going to accuse a wolf, or maybe more than one. But a lot of innocents will be accused too, most likely.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-27-2005 at 09:30 AM. Reason: To actually correct my error. Changed from "Originally posted by Kath" to Kitanna.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #26
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
TGWBS I think it's a little early to be throwing death plans around, especially since one of your choices hasn't even posted yet! You never know, Fea might be more of a help than a hindrance.
It's never too early to "throw death plans". If we just bemoan our fate and the horrible cleaning bill that Firefoot's relatives will get, it leads us nowhere. It's good to see how people react when being under suspicion.

It's getting late here. I don't know if I can come back before I go to bed but if not, see you tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:40 PM   #27
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think you are right, Dancing Spawn but I don't know if suggesting lynching specific villagers now is very wise. They could be gifted villagers. But then they might be a wolf.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #28
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Death planning...I think I'll stick to dead heading.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 PM   #29
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'll thank you not to insinuate that if I were here, I'd be saying you should kill me. It meant that I could not do what I promised Keeper I'd do ("Keep, please let me use your computer. All I'm going to say is "I'm a wolf, you should lynch me.").

Here are some theories to work with:

Fea's a wolf, you should lynch her. This is the most bunked of the theories, but it has high likelihood of catching on. If I'm a wolf, you're not going to know. I play with bluffs, I play with truth, making you think I'm bluffing. I play games with your heads. You're dead lucky I'm innocent. Take that at face value and I can help you.

Fea's the Hunter, you should steer clear until she knows who to suspect. Yet another bunk theory, but hey, why not think it over. If I'm the Hunter, you'll want to hint towards me who you think should die, right? That way I don't get stuck accidentally killing our Seer or something.

Fea's the Seer. If I was the Seer, you'd kill me day one and be beyond in trouble. But I'm not, so no biggie. If I was the Seer, this is what I'd do: tell you I was a wolf. The wolves would assume that no Seer would be stupid enough to get in harm's way and would let me be to mess with the village. The village would think "Well, Crazy Fea's up to her goofs again" and ignore me. After a few nights worth of dreams, I'd declare myself and all of my dreams.

Fea's a Shirriff: Again, untrue. If I was a Shirriff, you wouldn't find out. Since our Moddess Goddess has nixed revealing Shirriffs, I'd be so busy PMing ideas back and forth, your heads would spin.

Fea's the Ranger: *sigh* No. I wouldn't mind the job, but it's not mine. If I was the Ranger, here's what I'd be doing: picking at random the first two nights, since they're sketchy when it comes to wolf kills. After that, I would stick with whoever seems the most outgoing. To be honest, I think I would guard Eomer once or twice. Everyone deserves a chance to wreak havoc, yes?

Fea's the Wannabe Wolf: *snicker* I wish. I may adopt the role just for the fun of it, but probably not. After all, I would like to see my side win.

Since I've not got the time (and since it's day one and nobody knows what's up from down except wolves) to post anything more substantial, I'll just leave you with random theories about what you should do with me. I'd like to live, since I think I'd be more help than hindrance this game (thank you Kath, and even more because I won't be around Wednesday or Thursday ).

Oh, here's a good theory: Kath said I might be a help. That must mean we're Shirriffs together.

My last words: I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Try not to kill anyone innocent before then. At that time, I'll have more of an idea on who to latch on to.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #30
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oops! I said originally posted by Kath in post 25. It was actually Kitanna. I added a disclaimer at the bottom of that post. I hope that was the right thing to do Miss Moderater. And no, I'm not a wolf or a cobbler.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-27-2005 at 09:34 AM. Reason: I decided to correct post 25.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #31
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

*throws a brown, wrinkly carnation at Fea*

I'm starting to agree with TGWBS...
Old 07-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #32
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
As is well known I do enjoy killing but I found a legal way to do it. Hopefully we get the guilties but I must admit I'll have fun in the process. I say we lynch TGWBS The reason is rather simple and completely fool proof. I had my wife pick a number between 1 and 18 (skipping 11, me) and she choose 16. TGWBS is number 16 therefore I vote we kill him and let his body answer our questions for us.

I know what you're going to say but at least this is a shot in the dark without wolvish influence.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #33
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Stuffy Old Astrologer Speaks Up

OOC: All birth dates are our Dates of Becoming Barrowdowns Members.

Permit me to speak, oh gentle souls all. I shall do what I can to help with this latest calamity. No, I shall call it a disaster, for I am convinced that it arises from some asterior, that is, heavenly phenomena.

Preliminary indications are based upon that which we know by today's date. 'Tis the first day of the Sun's residing in the House of the Lion. Not a one of the souls that make up this village of Love were born under the Sign of the Lion, so it may be, on a preliminary reading, that there is no one of great courage to lead us in our quest to rid ourselves of the moonish wolves.

There is one other preliminary indication, and that is that one of our number was born under the Sign of the Fish. The significance of this is that as we speak, the Moon, which is waning Gibbous by the way, is in the House of the Fish. So I would say, purely in a preliminary way, that the one villager who is a Fish-born, may be one of our primary suspects. That is Lhuna. Notice the appropriateness of her name.

Nevertheless, there are three werewolves, not one, so I shall now go study the star and planet charts and determine what the heavens may reveal to us about the identity of the miscreants among us. I shall not be able to say more, most likely, until perhaps thirteen hours from now. I bid you good day.

Edit: Oh! One last thing. I would greatly appreciate it if all of you would be so kind as to indicate your current age (in the village). Thank you.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:43 PM   #34
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I am familiar with such a strategy Morm but you cannot possibly expect us to assume that choice to be without wolvish influence, because we don't know your secrets. Sorry, but the task is tricky like that.

Anyway, I'm off to dance (seriously) and then sleep. I'll be back in the discussion when I wake up. And please remember, don't point fingers without thinking very carefully.

Speak to you all later.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #35
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

*stares at lmp, shaking her head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Edit: Oh! One last thing. I would greatly appreciate it if all of you would be so kind as to indicate your current age (in the village). Thank you.
Well, I guess it can't hurt none to say I'm as old as the hills... *consults the hills as to her age* 69, sir, to be exact.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #36
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Um...ok then. I'm 15.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 07-25-2005 at 01:55 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #37
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
As is well known I do enjoy killing but I found a legal way to do it. Hopefully we get the guilties but I must admit I'll have fun in the process. I say we lynch TGWBS The reason is rather simple and completely fool proof. I had my wife pick a number between 1 and 18 (skipping 11, me) and she choose 16. TGWBS is number 16 therefore I vote we kill him and let his body answer our questions for us.

I know what you're going to say but at least this is a shot in the dark without wolvish influence.
Without a wolvish influence? You know, after that statement I'm pretty certain that mormegil's wife is the cobbler!

Btw, Fea, you left two options out. You might be a regular villager or the cursed one. At this point they are the one and same role, though.

Zzzz...
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #38
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't hold with astrology so I'm not telling you how old I am, littlemanpoet. Sorry. I'm going to butcher some animals now. Seriously, expect me back tonight EDT.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:13 PM   #39
mormegil
Maundering Mage

The only good reason that anybody has to kill Fea right now is if they don't like their head spinning from her endless rambling.

My little dancing spider, my wife has never cobbled in her life. Now what is meant by my statement is that we are pretty much blind today as it is. So our guess is somewhat random anyway, we might as well make it totally random. I say that because wolvish influence does exist, but usually it's too subtle to pick up on.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:13 PM   #40
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior
I don't hold with astrology so I'm not telling you how old I am, littlemanpoet.
Neither do I. I'm just having fun. Humor me.

Or else I may have to conclude that your resistance against the revelations of the heavens is tantamount to guilt... (we are watching you...)
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote