The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 03:45 PM   #121
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

challenge accepted. Read the list on page two.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:30 PM   #122
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Ohw my god,<P>That is such a lovely picture. Nothing discusting about that. Just two pretty men Hugging eichother. Does anyone have the xxx version of that?<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #123
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"legolas is the coolest and by far my faveret charecter <BR>`~`chaleng`~`<P>i chaleng you people to convince why legolas is stupid at all" <P>In the book, Legolas can sometimes be silly and immature, which can be interpreted as stupid. Though ,he was still pretty young for a Elf in LoTR.<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Inderjit Sanghera ]

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Old 01-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #124
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I join forces with Inderjit Sanghera,<P>I would like your points on why he is stupid. I will go against them all. Go ahead: Bring it on.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuoin
Old 01-31-2003, 12:51 AM   #125
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

For one thing, in the film, he always carries his bow in his hand, whilst Aragorn has his on his back. Did he forget his bow holder or something? Stupid elf...
Old 01-31-2003, 03:05 AM   #126
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Errr.....I'm not siding with the Legolas is cool thing, I 'm trying to say he is stupid.

Old 01-31-2003, 07:05 AM   #127
helkahothion

Eye

hmph,<P>*trows a vaze at Inderjit Sanghera*<P>Legolas is not stupid you meanies. Go pick on Aragorn or something. <P>Greetings<P>Anuion

Old 01-31-2003, 12:31 PM   #128
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aragorn? Wheres the fun in that?
Old 01-31-2003, 12:58 PM   #129
helkahothion

Eye

Well,<P>Since Aragorn get's hurt he must be the stupid one. Human's are pathetic anyway. Always cocky and curious. No strong will. Except for Faramir and Aragorn, but those two are exception's.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Old 01-31-2003, 01:15 PM   #130
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<----------------<<< Arrow for all those who disagree with Helkahothion. KAPWING! <P>And I carry my bow in my hand, especially in a middle of a fierce fight. Bows in hands! <P>Of course, my primary weapon is a quarterstaff, but....<P>~Hirilaelin<BR>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]<P>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]<p>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 01-31-2003, 01:16 PM   #131
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

my primary weapon is a big stick, preferably with something rather spiky on the end.<P>Can i have my arrow through the heart?
Old 01-31-2003, 01:18 PM   #132
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Hey! Aragron rules! Legolas at times, annoys me.

Old 01-31-2003, 01:19 PM   #133
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

<B>Aragron</B>? lol!<P>~Hirilaelin, Sorceress of the Misted Waters<P><BR>Oh... <----------------<<< KAPWING for you!<p>[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 01-31-2003, 01:20 PM   #134
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When you next see the movie, watch Legolas as Gimli is saying "This is no rabble of mindless orcs. These are Uruk-hai" etc. He seems to have a very un legolas look on his face, very Orlando. Perhaps he didnt see the camera?<P>by the way, I saw him trip up. I laughed out loud and really startled the couple in front!
Old 01-31-2003, 03:24 PM   #135
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

<P>Lots of off-topic personal remarks on this thread - please stay on-topic if you would like the thread to stay open!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 01-31-2003, 05:17 PM   #136
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Lady's and Gentleman,<P>Violence is not an option. If you just talk people and confinse them of your point, then you have accomplished a lot more. But if they don't listen and keep bringing up stupid comment's that are not true, then you probably just should shoot them. <P>I disagree about Legolas being annoying and stupid. I would like you to bring up your reason's why you think that and then I will defend the honor of Legolas.<P>I chalenge you.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 01-31-2003, 07:27 PM   #137
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dűm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey, if Arwen AND Eowyn both fall for Aragorn...<P>...what's that say about pretty-boy Legolas? Why does he have to prove himself with these bloody orc killing competitions with Gimli? How childish...
Old 01-31-2003, 07:46 PM   #138
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>what's that say about pretty-boy Legolas? Why does he have to prove himself with these bloody orc killing competitions with Gimli? How childish... <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well at least he's killing orcs and not off in some remote corner of the forest making out with his girlfriend

~The Fellowship of the King~
Old 01-31-2003, 08:04 PM   #139
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

I agree with Shy Hobbit. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Well at least he's killing orcs and not off in some remote corner of the forest making out with his girlfriend <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> lol! <P>~Hirilaelin, Sorceress of the Misted Waters
Old 02-01-2003, 03:46 AM   #140
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

* at this point I would like to remind you that although I have shown signs in the past of hating Legolas and being a little murderous when it comes to him, I really do like his character. He is my second favourite character after Pippin.*
Old 02-01-2003, 04:32 AM   #141
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hurra,<P>Go shy Hobbit. I agree. Legolas and Gimli are having fun and Aragorn could not even save Haldir. Fine king if you can't even save a man 10 feet away from you. He was struck down. And what does Aragorn do? He watches with his open eyes and does nothing. <P>Explain that to me you not-so-nice-to-elf-people.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 02-01-2003, 07:01 AM   #142
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Further freaks out an already freaked out Gimli <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Great call! At least we know he has a sense of humour. After all, the ghosts of men didn't bother him. "Look Gimli! Dead people!" Maybe we'll get to see more of Legolas the comedian in ROTK.<P>Legolas is NOT stupid. Far from it. He recognises Crebain from Dunland, and he knows about Aragorn's true lineage before it is revealed to most of the others. Even JRR Tolkien would have been surprised, I think, at how much Legolas does know.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:16 PM   #143
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Explain that to me you not-so-nice-to-elf-people. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aragorn wasn't on the battlement silly, he was behind it on the ground. He is the one who informed Halidir to fallback. When he saw that poor Haldir had fallen, he ran back up the stairs to reach him. Very brave!! Where was Legolas? Where was anyone else? Aragorn was the only one that cared... <P>And by the way, It's not "Not-so-nice-to-ELF-people"<BR>its "Not-so-nice-to-LEGOLAS-people"
Old 02-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #144
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hm,<P>Legolas was probably busting some Urűk-Hai's. And I guess your right. Aragorn is a good warrior. I was about to take those word's back. But you where before me. I like every character so if someone makes a stupid Aragorn tread I will be on the front lines to defend him aswell. It's just that Legolas is played by Orlanda Bloom and he's an elf. I always had a thing with elves. That's what makes him extra special.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 02-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #145
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> He is the one who informed Halidir to fallback. When he saw that poor Haldir had fallen, he ran back up the stairs to reach him <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I other words, Haldir "fell back" in every sense of the words. <P>And I dont literaly mean stupid as in unintelligent. Just stupid , lacking a better word.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:49 PM   #146
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Well,<P>I would think that it is very good of you if you can stand up staight with a broad axe sticking out of your back <P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 02-01-2003, 05:14 PM   #147
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dűm

Sting

Ok, I admit it! I like Legolas! In a strictly quasi-platonic, non-idolatrous fashion mind you... <P>In an effort to fully come clean from Legolas bashing I will share what I enjoy regarding (movie) Legolas - most assuredly #1 on the list is his hair, followed by his bravery, then his loyalty. His loyalty comes last because of his balk at Helm's Deep. <P>Immaculate grooming and a blonde wig, a seemingly unbeatable combination, whether you live in Third Age of ME or the Seventh...<P><BR>Cheers Helkahothion <p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: Tar-Palantir ]
Old 02-01-2003, 05:19 PM   #148
Purple Monkey
Animated Skeleton

Purple Monkey has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> (Lord of Gifts) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p><BR>Lord of Gifts, eh...Santa Claus! Who wouldn't trust dear Santa! My, I can just see the Dark Lord, all kitted out in red and white, holding his sack of toys for all the good little elves!<BR><p><BR>Purple "Still in the Christmas Spirit" Monkey <BR><p><BR>Alright, it was random. And stupid.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #149
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Since we're spending most of our time "defending" Legolas, isn't he the one who saved (in the movie) Aragorn, when he was "grappling" with one of the Uruk-Hai? He also caught Boromir and kept him from falling off of the stairs in Moria, even though the two had shared choice words in Rivendell.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:54 AM   #150
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Duncariel, you have caused me to bring up a new topic, one for all you Legolas Lovers out there.<P><B>why is it that Legolas saves the life of practicly every member of the fellowship at least once, and yet, never so much as a thank you?</B><P>And by the way, Santa Claus is evil.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:04 PM   #151
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

santa claus is evil?<BR>u must be confused<BR>and when does legolas save sam? or pippin, or merry, or frodo, or gimli or gandalf?
Old 02-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #152
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think he/she may have been joking about Legolas saving everyones life. <P>And the robotic Santa Clause in Futurama is evil.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #153
luin'loki
Animated Skeleton

luin'loki has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> He is a stupid elf because...well...he is!So there! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>maybe your the stupid one.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>...how does he do those little plaits at the back of his head every day?Is this another elf power I've never heard of... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Maybe you've heard of it,A <B>WIG</B>!! Dur!!
Old 02-02-2003, 12:54 PM   #154
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Well,<P>He only saved Gandalf, Aragorn and Boromir. It's just because he can think clear in difficult situations. Boromir did not. He almost ran over a clif. And Aragorn get's grabbed by an Uruk. What does he do? He beats his helmet for god's sake. What use is that? He could better punch him in the stomach. That would do a lot more damage. And they call Legolas stupid. <P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
Old 02-02-2003, 03:15 PM   #155
Dimannűnien
Animated Skeleton

Dimannűnien has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

He saved Gimli too, on the stairway at Moria. It was just after Gimli said 'nobody tosses a dwarf' and jumped. He was on the edge of the stairs and Legolas grabbed him by the beard to pull him to safety.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:58 AM   #156
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> maybe your the stupid one<BR> Maybe you've heard of it,A WIG!! Dur!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>God, I was JOKING! And if you can't see that, then that is your problem.<P>Legolas kind of saves Merry and Pippin when he kills the cave troll. Without him, it would have killed them.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #157
Purple Monkey
Animated Skeleton

Purple Monkey has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Inderjit:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And the robotic Santa Clause in Futurama is evil. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><p><BR>Robotic Santa rocks my world. <BR><p><BR>Think for a moment everyone; what is the difference between "perfect" and "stupid"? Ahuh. Perhaps this thread should be titled "Perfect yet irritatingly Mary-Sueish Elf".<BR><p><BR>Legolas is alright. Not much of a character, though. The only helpful thing I can remember him doing (in canon) was shooting the Nazgul's steed and singing. A lot. Can anyone prove he has a personality?<BR><p><BR>I can recite the Lay of Nimrodel by heart! Go me!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #158
helkahothion

Eye

As you have just proven,<P>He has saved several of the Fellow ship. In the Book, he also kill's a lot of Uruk-Hai's in Helm's Deep. And Gimli went into the path of the death, because he could not stand the Idea that an Elf went somewhere a dwarf did not dare. So without him, Gimli might not even have gone to Gondor.<P>He has personalety alright. He sings a song because he is sad over Boromi's death. He also has jearnings for the ocean.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion<P>P.S. Relax everybody, it's just for fun. (Yeah right, I should say)

Old 02-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #159
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I think all Elves-maybe even Avari had a yearning for the Ocean. How that adds to his personailty I don't know.<P>I like Legolas, but I am, at times annoyed when soem people go on about "Orlie" and some even say he is the greatest Elf ever. (I don't think I've seen anyone on this board say that though.)

Old 02-05-2003, 03:16 AM   #160
helkahothion

Eye

We finaly agree,<P>He is cool, but not the gratest. Many elves can do what he can. Those leggybopper's should die and go to hell.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion

Closed Thread