The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Silmaril Admin Thread for WWLXX: At the Prison of Ice

At the beginning I would like to point out that I have never been a devout supporter of these "green" movements which have become so popular especially in the last few decades. Indeed I have belonged to what you could perhaps call a "moderate" group of people, and certainly I haven't been one of those who would initiate any large-scale action on my own. But nowadays I feel obliged to speak out and press on the governments and companies to do whatever is in their power to prevent global warming. I am also afraid that it might be already too late.

The reason for my abrupt change of mind requires longer elaboration, however I will try to present it here in full to prove the necessity of making decisive steps now. Despite all contrary evidence presented by some researchers, it is a fact that the process of global climate change of our planet is going on and I am afraid of where it may lead us. The warming of the seas and the melting of polar ice caps is but first of the grievances humanity will have to face. I would like to turn even to those who deny the impact of human factor on global warming, difference of opinions aside, if there is even a slight chance that human activity can influence the process, it is necessary to take measurements to prevent the melting of the polar ice caps before it is too late.

The events I wish to report herein – events most disturbing in their nature and their possible implications – concern the Arctic expedition I have undergone along with several others during the last polar season. These facts have been this far unknown to wide public and despite my reluctance to share them, not least out of fear that especially some of them may be overlooked or attributed to charlatanry, I have decided to make a true account of everything.

Welcome to the admin thread for Tol-in-Gaurhoth LXX: At the Prison of Ice, which is another of the traditional series of Werewolf games which probably all of you are familiar with – although this game is open also to those who haven't been playing the game yet, if such ones appeared here. This game should be suitable also for complete beginners, as its rules will be relatively simple, basic, and without any major changes as to what is "common", except for two or three minor things, which will be mentioned below. But I hope this game will be suitable for you whether you are looking for an easy, not too stressing game with known roles or whether you wish to have something slightly untraditional there. It should be able to provide both, not wandering into completely uncharted regions of wild games with dozens of rules, but at the same time not falling into the completely "boring" routine.

The main purpose of this game, of course, is Werewolf hunting (or deceiving the innocents, if you are a Werewolf). And this is what I am aiming for. Unlike my previous games (WWXXXV: Werewolves Among the Wolf-Men and WWXLV: The Fellowship of Saruman), where roleplaying was the major factor, in this game (maybe to somebody's disappointment) there will be none and it will be just a simple game like all the others. This is partially because I doubt I could come up again with something as good as the Fellowship of Saruman was (that does not mean I would give up on roleplaying altogether, though). But my hope is that for those who wish to experience some aesthetic aspect in the game apart from the Werewolfing itself the theme will provide something like that too.

As for the game's theme, as you can see here, it concerns a rather unfortunate fate of one polar expedition. I am not going to speak on length about the theme itself here, you will soon read more on the game thread itself and also in the upcoming narrations during the game. Sufficient to say, you should not be, and I hope you will not be disappointed. As players, you can pick in-story roles, if you wish, to associate yourselves with the members of the expedition.

The summary of the rules follows below.

PLAYERS

Inziladun - meteorologist
Mnemosyne - field medic
Boromir88 - look it up below, I am too lazy to copypaste
Eomer of the Rohirrim - sea pilot
Loslote - rich funder's spoiled daughter
Morsul - federal grants lawyer
Brinn - polar bear biologist
Pitchwife - marine biologist
Nienna - navigator
Nogrod - old palaeoecologist who is perhaps archaic himself but still not archaic enough not to remember his hyper-long title, sorry Boro
Macalaure - palaeomathematician
sally - the p.w.r.c.u.w.t.p.f.t.w.t.b.w.s-d.c.b.h.p.a.n.i.a.g.p.m.a.v.b.b.n.o.a.n.a.h.u.a.s. p.m.k.e.
Thinlómien - whale expert
Nerwen - mechanic
Roa - survival guide
Bes - room/store manager
Shasta - sled dog handler
wilwa
Greenie - senior assitant to Lommy *innocent look*
tromkehra - cook/bartender
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 11-29-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Sting Rules (in detail)

The game will start with Night 1 on November 28th, 9:00 PM GMT.

ROLES

Like I said, this game will be relatively classic. The roles are as follows:

# ordinary innocents – their objective is to get rid of all the Werewolves.

4 Werewolves – their objective is to survive up to the point when there are as many Werewolves as innocents. They can PM with each other every Night and each Night they choose one person to kill.

1 Ranger – she stands with the innocents, but each Night, she can choose one person to protect. She can also choose to protect herself. The protected person, if targeted by the Wolves at Night, won't be killed and there will be no kill that Night. Ranger cannot protect the same person twice in a row. The Ranger and Hunter know each other's identities and can PM each other during the Night.

1 Hunter – she stands with the innocents, and at any point of the game, she can choose people whom she is going to watch and take with her in case she dies. That effectively means that the Hunter will send me a list of three or less names (maximally up to the number of living Werewolves in game), and if she is killed during the Night and there is a Werewolf on the list, the Werewolf who is first on the list will die alongside her; otherwise, nothing happens. If the Hunter is lynched and there is a Werewolf on the list, the Werewolf who is the first on the list will die alongside her; otherwise, the first person who is on the list will die alongside her. The Hunter can change her list at any point, however, in case of her death, I am of course taking into account only the list I had in my disposition before the deadline of the current Day/Night (i.e. for example if the Hunter is lynched, then Night comes, and she sends me another list after she died, I am not going to take it into account). The Ranger and Hunter know each other's identities and can PM each other during the Night.

1 secret role – will not be revealed on the admin thread and only the chosen player will know about it.

VOTING

Each person has one vote each Day. The votes, once cast, cannot be changed by any means. The vote must contain the clear name of the player voted for with "++" before it, and be boldened, like this:

++Legate of Amon Lanc

At the end of each Day, the person who gets the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie, the person who reached the most votes as the first is lynched. Votes cast after the deadline (in posts with the timestamp "##:00" and later) will not be taken into account.

Person who does not cast any vote for two days in a row will be modfired.

The deadline for voting will be (unless I yet decide otherwise) 9:00 PM GMT. (Calculated from what should be 11:00 for us Finns. Please correct me somebody if I have miscalculated ) Game will start with a Night phase. As in every game, there will be Night and Day phases, each always taking 24 hours of real time.

SPECIAL RULES

Apart from the secret role, there will be two different special events taking place during the game. They will be secret in the beginning and will be all revealed in due time. You don't need to worry about them until they happen (which will be announced on the game thread along with the narration, also there will be a copy and a more elaborate explanation of them rule-wise posted on the admin thread at the same time). No player (including the secret role) is going to know about these two events until they are announced publicly to everybody.

Neither of the special things in this game will have any totally ground-breaking effect (i.e. nothing that will turn the game totally upside-down).

MISCELLANEOUS RULES/INFORMATION

Posting on admin thread during the game is allowed only for the purposes of announcing absence, asking about clarification on the game rules (though I hope there will be no need for it), or other urgent matters. People who have been lynched or killed cannot post on the game thread or the admin thread until the game ends.

Any communication about the game between the players, living or dead, outside the game thread (or Night-discussions, if the role allows it) is forbidden.

PMs, either sent by the mod or by your friends (Werewolves, Ranger, Hunter...), cannot be quoted on the game thread. No out-of-game posts may be quoted on the game thread.

Please try to avoid any meta-game reasoning in your posting in the game as far as possible. It does not belong to Werewolf.

Likewise, narrations are not to be used as source of reasoning for the game. The narration's function is purely aesthetic and they are made to reflect the game's happenings, however, everything that is important in the narration is always repeated in the rules or Day/Night summary. If something is not mentioned in the rules, then it has no in-game impact whatsoever. (If you are not sure what the heck does this mean, you can also see below in the note at the end of this post.)

Likewise, if something is announced in the rules, but not mentioned in the narration, it still holds.

Excessive spam-posting on the thread (posts lacking any in-game content) will be met by warning followed by a modfire. Try to make the thread readable for others with actual information related to the game.

The pronouns used on the admin thread to describe some role have nothing to do with the person's actual gender.

IN-STORY ROLES

You may pick a role you will have in the expedition, this is merely for narrational purposes. You can pick out of the professions listed here, or you can come up with an idea of your own fitting along the similar lines (anything that would make sense on such a kind of expedition). The same profession can be taken by several people, as there can be several experts from the same field in the expedition. The initial occupations could be as follows: meteorologist, hydrometeorologist, geologist, geophysicist, palaeoecologist, marine biologist, biologist, palaeoclimatology expert, engineer, mechanic, medic, sea pilot, navigator.

A NOTE ABOUT THE NARRATIONS

This is just a note of clarification about the role of narrations in this game to avoid misunderstandings. The main purpose of the narrations is aesthetic. That means, providing some background for the Werewolf hunt itself, which otherwise operates on well-known schemes. However, I won't be doing what most of the narration-writers do, that is, to try to adjust the narrations nail-and-tooth to the in-game happenings (like making it so that the innocents discover exactly three sets of wolf footprints on the very first Day, if possible next to a note addressed to the innocents and signed in blood by Fang, Grip and Wolf, predicting the early destruction of the village). Instead of making some hybrid (and thus risking that I ruin the impression of the story and at the same time fail in reflecting the game to the point that if somebody was following the narration by heart, he or she would "find" information which will completely misguide him or her in the game), I have decided to draw a strict line between the narrations and the game. In most of the games people are doing it too, but I feel it important to point out this time. That means: Your primary guide are the rules. If the narrations seem to you to imply something which is not stated in the rules, then it is not true. There are no in-game hints in the narrations whatsoever, unless it is specifically stated later in the Day/Night summary (and I WILL enclose a summary of everything happening in every narration, don't worry). And vice versa. The story has its own perspective, e.g. if it does not say how many Werewolves are around, but the rules do, of course you know how many people you are looking for, even if the characters in the story don't. The story's purpose is illustrational, and it draws from the game, but not vice versa. Since this is not roleplaying game, everybody of course says stuff on the thread which his or her character would not really say in the story. Therefore, you should not bother yourself with "but possibly my character does not know if we have a Ranger, should I talk about it on the thread?" and just talk about it. (I am stating the obvious here, but I am saying it just as to avoid confusion.)

"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 11-28-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm in as a meteorologist.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Field medic for me, please.

Also, considering that back in the early '90's all these CD labels told me that we only have ten years left to save the planet, I figure that we're already screwed.

Please don't make it too preachy, Legate. The 'Downs doesn't allow politics on here for good reason.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Please don't make it too preachy, Legate. The 'Downs doesn't allow politics on here for good reason.
No politics in here, Mnemo. Narrational introduction, that's all. After all, the tale reported in here is "completely fictitious and any resemblance to people or events reported therein is purely coincidental"... Or so it says...

Anyway, welcome both!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Put me down with a question mark and I would officially like to strive for the longest title, so how about Research Assistant to the Professor of Glaciology at Snowslide University?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hey Legate... do you know when you are thinking of starting? Its just that American Thanksgiving is coming up so there might be like 4 entire days where I won't be around... so I don't really want to commit myself if I won't be able to participate. I super badly want to play though.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, I was thinking to start simply as soon as I have enough players... which, with bad luck, could go just with the time when you won't be around... of course, if it was a big problem, I can start after that. And also, of course, I cannot predict how fast the sign-ups are going to go. I think we may as well wait and see for now.

If anybody else will have a similar problem with participation, please say so.

Also in the worst case (if there were really many people with such a problem) I could make a "gap" there for a few days (I think it's been done before during some holidays), i.e. that the game would be put on standby for a while.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I'd prefer not having to play over American Thanksgiving, but I should be able to manage.

And thanks, Legate. I figured it wasn't an issue but I wanted to bring it up anyway. I trust your narrations will be very, very cool...
Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

So is this a 7th age game? Doesn't seem very Middle-earthy. Regardless, I would like to play as... the pilot!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Put me down with a question mark.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I really want to play (all the secrecy has made me very intrigued) but that Thanksgiving thing is a problem. If that can be taken care of, then I'd definitely be in. Could I be the Rich Funder's Spoiled Daughter?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I want to play so long as the game doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. I'll be away in Florida from Nov. 25-29 with most likely no internet access. But if that's not a problem, then put me down as a polar bear biologist...because polar bears are awesome.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm in... Federal Grant Lawyer, Making sure the Government's money is well spent.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thanksgiving will be an issue for me too, which was the reason for the question mark. I'm going to Michigan on Tuesday and will be back Sunday, with no internet access. If you want to get started before don't feel obligated to wait...not that you would ever feel obligated.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #16
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I guess I'm the only one who alienates his family? lol thanksgiving is really nothing special for me though I'd prefer not to play that day as well...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #17
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*kicks out the jams*
Sign me up! I've got some premonitions as to what we're going to find in the ice that are just too deliciously dreadful...
I'll be the marine biologist - for academic credentials look here.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 AM   #18
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I want to play so long as the game doesn't start until after Thanksgiving. I'll be away in Florida from Nov. 25-29 with most likely no internet access. But if that's not a problem, then put me down as a polar bear biologist...because polar bears are awesome.
Well, sure, now it really looks that it makes no sense to start before Thanksgiving. But at least that should be enough time to get enough people in. So I guess the only question would be when exactly to start, possibly on the 29th then? Or if people thought it too late, we could start Night 1 already on the 28th or something (as it's not that big deal after all, even for the Wolves, unless you people think otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
*kicks out the jams*
Sign me up! I've got some premonitions as to what we're going to find in the ice that are just too deliciously dreadful...
I'll be the marine biologist - for academic credentials look here.
Ha! Well, good to have you on board as well...
Although you may still be surprised (or maybe not. It depends ).
Old 11-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #19
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Since we are starting after Thanksgiving you can count me in! I'll be the navigator.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Even if Thanksgiving is not a popular holiday here in Finland I must join the choir saying that due to the posponed starting date I'm also able to take part. I'm just drowning under loads of work right now but it should ease up a bit the next week...

I could be an old paleo-ecologist with his own theory of the climate change based on his own studies spreading over five decades.
*copy paste that! *

PS. I think Night1 could be started already on 28th or something (the earlier date) as N1 discussions between the wolves are not that central and rarely produce any real dashing schemes that would have to be adopted already on D1.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #21
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*rises from dead*

I think I'll throw in a game again after a while. Sign me up as palaeomathematician, if that's admissible.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*is shocked to see Mac*

*hugs him*

Oh, and I am of course in. DL's when I'm at work so expect shorter posts but higher quantity. And yay for Mnemo too!

(P.S. I'll think of a role later, but I need to get back to work. Heh, right.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green *rises from the semi-dead*

Another marine biologist at your service, sir. And since I'm afraid I can't be the penguin expert (eh? ), may I be the whale expert? I like them a lot too.

So you may put me down as a marine biologist, a whale expert, or even Pitchie's assistant (some sort of junior marine biologist?) who's just specialised in whales. Whatever sounds the best.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
*rises from dead*

I think I'll throw in a game again after a while. Sign me up as palaeomathematician, if that's admissible.
Okay, what exactly does that mean? Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Another marine biologist at your service, sir. And since I'm afraid I can't be the penguin expert (eh? ), may I be the whale expert? I like them a lot too.

So you may put me down as a marine biologist, a whale expert, or even Pitchie's assistant (some sort of junior marine biologist?) who's just specialised in whales. Whatever sounds the best.
Well, you can be both whale AND penguin expert - you just won't be exercising one of the parts of your expertise here, that's all
Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I think this expedition could do very well with two full-fledged marine biologists, Lommy - after all, the arctic is just an ice-covered sea, isn't it? As a matter of fact, my special field of research is cnidaria and mollusca - you know, jellyfish, squids and everything soft and wobbly (plus a minor interest in echinodermata, such as starfish); I'll gladly leave whales, dolphins and other sea-borne mammals to you. (By the way, remind me to tell you that joke about the dolphin, the squid and the shark one of these days, if you haven't heard it yet and the exigency of our expedition leaves us time for such matters.)
Pleased to have you on board, anyway!

(Which reminds me -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Although you may still be surprised (or maybe not. It depends).
Well, I can see all kinds of horrible possibilities and even more horrible combinations thereof, but this place being what it is, we might benefit from having a polar bear expert among our crew...)
Old 11-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Paleo-mathematician?

Waver Pythagoras, Plato, Euclid, Descartes, Leibnitz, Gödel... well all of you! Here's paleo-mathematics! L. Ron Hubbard might have loved it?

Heh, I think our characters should get very well together characterwise Mac - as impossible as it looks looking at our history of ww together...
Old 11-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #27
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Starting Night 1 on Saturday will work, for I find out we are actually returning Saturday. Instead of rushing back Sunday, we have that day for resting and recooperating from full stomachs of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and all kinds of deliciousness.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:07 AM   #28
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, that sounds pretty good. I'd hope to recruit a few more people (or even more than few) meanwhile, but I can set the start date for the 28th, 9 PM GMT - and if somebody is not okay with that, there is plenty time to raise objections (and if possible, give better suggestions) on this thread.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #29
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Count me in. I'll be the mechanic who fixes all the equipment when you scientist-types break it.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #30
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Actually, put me down with a question mark. I've been having internet trouble. I'll let you know though, and connection permitting I'm still up for playing.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #31
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Actually, put me down with a question mark. I've been having internet trouble. I'll let you know though, and connection permitting I'm still up for playing.
All right. Well, hope it will be solved. You've got plenty time to fix it...
Old 11-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #32
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Count me in. I'll be the mechanic who fixes all the equipment when you scientist-types break it.
Oh, you don't need to worry about them. I've got the market for breaking important techy-things cornered.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #33
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I really want to play this one, but I'm not sure if I have the time. Put me down with a question mark.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #34
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, I'm back.

I'm in for sure. Will give you a profession when I think of one.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #35
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm in. Put me down as the survival guide.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #36
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I'm in. Put me down as the survival guide.
I am happy to have you in as well! And we needed one of these, too
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #37
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I am happy to have you in as well! And we needed one of these, too
Excuse me but can we really afford that I mean we don't plan on just throwing money at you Already in Character... on a related note I need a life
Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #38
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know Double Posting Legate the First post Is AWESOME!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #39
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Legate the First post Is AWESOME!
Well, yes!!!

Cool indeed, in both senses of the word...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #40
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, people, thank you both. Really, as I was actually worried about the reception. Now you both have made me happy