The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Improbable solutions

Things the council of Elrond discussed before deciding to destroy the ring:

1.Boromir maybe if we built a catapult...or at least some ninja wizards!this thread

2.Gimli maybe if we build a great Wall around Mordor.......

3.Elrond well if me and my buddies reprogram the Matrix we could erase sauron from existence...(gandalf whispers"wrong movie")

so on so forth you get the idea
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Pipe Projects early abandoned

Many are the tales told of plans to destroy the Ring; for 'twas a mighty task; and many shared in Elrond's counsels ere the end.

Glóin it was who sought to tunnel from Erebor to Mount Doom, ever pursuing the downward course; that the Ring might be rolled at last into the fiery furnace.

Quoth noble Aragorn: 'If we were to build an enormous wooden badger...'

Yet Elrond pondered long ere he spoke; and in his thoughts were many subtle schemes. At length he sprang from his high seat and propounded thoughts of wisdom and of cunning: 'Why don't we hide it in a credit card application and post it to Sauron? He's bound to throw that in the incinerator!'

And Mithrandir had pondered on the same, and said: 'Tom Bombadil is simply holding out to see how much we will offer him to do this deed. We must collect every water-lily that grows now in the Hither-Lands, a pair of orange Doc Martens, a sack of blue feathers and a new axe. Then we must speak in earnest with Valimar Music Corp. about his contract.'

Then Sam suggested that the Eagles could take it, but all agreed that he was just being silly.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Gandalf: I could try give Eru a call.
Elrond: Nah...we have to do this First Age stile, like Maedhros...Frodo has to throw himself in some pit in the Earth with the Ring
Gimli: We could try to build a remote controlled Orc that would enter Mordor unnoticed...
Legolas: A diversion!
Boromir: Ok...I have a new idea...what about bears with laser beam eyes carrying ninja wizards on their backs? Now that's what I call cavalry!
Pippin: I could try smoking it...
Sam: We could give the Ring to the Sackville-Bagginses, Sauron would be too afraid to ask Lobelia for it
Frodo: Or I could carry it?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Long did the council think, until Aragorn came up with an idea.

"We all know that will is everything in Middle-Earth. If we gathered together enough people, we could have them all will the Ring destroyed, and their collective efforts would function as, say, a ray of death for Sauron and melt the Ring."

Silence filled the council room. A chuckle soon came from Peregin Took.

"Strider, are you saying that-" he paused to laugh. "Are you saying that we could get a bunch of folks to stare at it and make a death ray to kill this Dark Lord?" The dwarf Gimil couldn't help but join in on the laughter. "Aragorn, if will was everything, my kin wouldn't have done in the elf Thingol when he went mad over some elven stone."

" I would show appreciation if you didn't mention that happening." Thranduil's son Legolas shot Gimil a stern glare. Aragorn turned to Elrond. "We Dunedain know many things. For example, the Dark Lord does not allow his servants to speak his name." Elrond and Glorfindel exchanged glances. "Aragorn, yes he-"

The dwarf Gloin cut him off. "Why do we need to focus on destroying this golden trinket so soon? I say we should take out Sauron himself first! The Last Alliance was a success, and I recall a song the Mirkwood elves sang years ago about a woman and her dog defeating Sauron and his entire host in the First Age. If a love-strucken woman and her pet could do it, why can't we kill Sauron now?" All were taken aback by this news.

"Well...the dwarf does have a point." Spoke Glorfindel to the incredulous party. "Thingol's daughter Luthien and the wolfhound Huan did slay the entire host of werewolves under Sauron's command and then handed him the most humiliating loss ever recorded by elf." Gimil and Gloin burst into laughter with the hobbits, and Boromir felt shame that his homeland was endangered by the very same man who was so humiliated.

The giant eagles were suggested to carry the Ring to Mount Doom, but everyone thought that was too morally low of a thing to do.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
"Or," said Aragorn after a long silence, when Boromir was safely handcuffed, his mouth stoppered, though the hands were still fumbling for a bit of chalk to write the word CATAPULT on nearby desk,
"...we might use a catapult."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote