The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #441
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And really. If wilwa says "we most likely lose" then you say "I'm not sure about it" - and it takes you this long to actually come up with an explanation...
I need to add... while in the meantime you try to give us untrue or fabricated replies... and now you wish we should believe that at this point you're finally true whilst earlier you were just... well what? Why didn't you say that already much earlier? Let me guess... You came up with that explanation only now?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #442
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I kinda get what Inzil is saying, about him not reiterating that us not getting a wolf means we probably lose, since I had already said it. But I also get what you're trying to say Nog.

We could still technically win if we lynch an ord toDay, as long as the Ranger protects the right person. But if we lynch the Ranger then we're definitely done for. Which is why lynching a boy gives us our best chance. I think everyone can pretty much agree that this is our best chance.

Honestly? I could justify a vote for any of you three boys. But I'm most comfortable voting for Inzil. Shasta scares me because he hasn't been on enough, so he would be risky, a shot in the dark like Nog put it. I'm finding myself agreeing more and more with Nog, no he's not cleared in my mind, but he's not freaking me out as much as he was yesterDay. So yeah, I'll probably go with Inzil.

I'd still like to hear more from the girls though.

Back to Jack Bauer now...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #443
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm really torn with this decision.

In a way I think our wolves could well be Inzil and Shasta and thus I could vote either one with good conscience.

Then again I think that if both of them are not wolves and I vote it wrong, there will be three innocents and two wolves to vote - and thus with only one bad vote or an innocent failing to vote the wolves might get through toDay. And that would mean quite probable ending for the game.

I'm pretty suspicious of Inzil, but he did warn Sally not to ask the ranger to make a hint to her as it would be dangerous, as the wolves might spot it, and that sounds innocentish - although if I were a wolf I would have said the same thing to look concerned for the good of the innocents...

But then again Shasta's last few posts scream a wolf to me. I was actually right with Izzy yesterDay and that suspicion was truly aroused by just one later post of hers. So should I trust that small but reasonable looking suspicion or should I go with my more substantial suspicion which has counter-arguments as well?

OMG wilwa, why do you have to look so opportunistic right now when I need to decide? You're not making this easier to be honest...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #444
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. I need to go to sleep now. And it was actually wilwa's post that pushed me to this decision.

++ Shasta

Explanation: if it's not Inziland Shasta, it's more likely Shasta and wilwa than wilwa and Inzil. Thus Shasta figures in both combinations I find more likely.

Make it good!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #445
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I need to add... while in the meantime you try to give us untrue or fabricated replies... and now you wish we should believe that at this point you're finally true whilst earlier you were just... well what? Why didn't you say that already much earlier? Let me guess... You came up with that explanation only now?
And if I'd told you that straight off , you'd have said 'All right then'? I did have that in my mind at the time.
For someone accusing me of fabricating a case, you're doing quite well yourself.
Funny how you never mentioned any serious suspicion of me til I came after you. But I think your reaction shows I'm right. I was starting to doubt somewhat after your explanation of your interactions with Sally yeaterDay, but your twisting my response to Wilwa's Ranger question gives me conviction. If I was a wolf, why wouldn't I have said, 'Sure, let's have it, Ranger.'?

EDIT- x/d with Nog, who didn't vote for me? Are you not a wolf, or just a bloody clever one?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #446
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I hadn't logged off yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If I was a wolf, why wouldn't I have said, 'Sure, let's have it, Ranger.'?
Simple reason: that would have been very stupid for a wolf - and I know you're not stupid, but a reasonable person - sao that doesn't quite white-wash you if you thought it would...

Quote:
EDIT- x/d with Nog, who didn't vote for me? Are you not a wolf, or just a bloody clever one?
wilwa pushed me into it with her light-hearted "I'm ready to vote Inzil" -comment. I still don't trust her you know, and her post showed she hadn't read the last posts - or she didn't want to take them into account - like she was protecting Shasta? Who knows? But I still think lynching a male is our best option - and Shasta didn't make it too hard to vote for him as I started to wawer with you.

You know the wolves can afford to go after certain persons they want to get rid of as they know who are on which side. But innocents need to consider and reconsider all the possibilities.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #447
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Shasta does make a point about how Sally's generization(I think I just made up that word) of the Ranger could have been to throw off the wolves. The only way to really know is if we look through her posts and try to see if there are clues. But then we expose the Ranger.

So we are at a cross roads. Either we trust that Sally meant that the Ranger was a girl and lynch a boy, or we look for clues.

I'm going to try to look through things now.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-19-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: x-posting since Wilwa's post...and its my 600th post!
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #448
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
OMG wilwa, why do you have to look so opportunistic right now when I need to decide? You're not making this easier to be honest...
What?

Quote:

wilwa pushed me into it with her light-hearted "I'm ready to vote Inzil" -comment. I still don't trust her you know, and her post showed she hadn't read the last posts - or she didn't want to take them into account - like she was protecting Shasta? Who knows? But I still think lynching a male is our best option - and Shasta didn't make it too hard to vote for him as I started to wawer with you.
and what?

I did take those posts into account, but there still wasn't much on Shasta, I don't agree with what he was saying about Sally's Ranger hints, but I don't think it's all that bad that I'm suddenly gonna switch over like that. I said at the beginning of toDay that I was willing to vote for Inzil, so why do you think it's so weird that I'm saying I still am willing to vote for him? Goodness you confuse me sometimes...

I'm gonna hold off for a bit longer, to hear more from those who haven't been around as much and still might have stuff to add. But I think I'll probably stick with Inzil.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #449
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Ok, so I have to sleep now, can't really wait any longer. I'm just going to stick with Inzil...

++Inziladun

Whoever everyone decides on I certainly hope we are right. And good luck to the Ranger toNight!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #450
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Nog is puzzling. I had some suspicion on him for the way he questioned Sally and, as it seemed, deliberately forced her to reveal her dream before she was ready to. I decided to push him and watch his response. He came back on the offensive. I thought I'd found a wolf and he would certainly vote for me, when he suddenly about faced and voted Shasta. What does that mean? Why would he give such an involved defence and attack me in the bargain, only to be swayed at the last minute by one post from Wilwa?
I did find Shasta's comments quite interesting, but Nog jumped on them with both feet.
Now Shasta had made me wary already because of his relative silence and blending in. Also, I noted yesterDay that he popped in at DL to vote, was asked by Sally for a brief list of his thoughts, and failed to answer at all, though he had around 10 minutes until DL. Then he disappeared again until (Nog asked for him!) toDay saying Wilwa 'backpedaled' on her Ranger idea, and saying I was 'fishy' without giving a reason. And one thing that Shasta said I really didn't like was that we couldn't necessarily count on the Ranger being a 'she', despite Sally's words, because it could be a bluff to the wolves. Now, if it was a bluff or not, I have no idea. But I assume Sally had a reason for saying it. If you do think it might have been something to throw off the wolves, why would you bring it out into the open like that?
But they can't both be wolves. Bloody hell.

And thanks, Wilwa.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #451
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
One is not supposed to chat about the game with other players while the game is going on. Really. The game is played in the game thread, not in msn, Twitter, FB, e-mail or so. Every thought you have you either keep with yourself or share it with others publicly. That's the name of the game.

There have been a few major rows on the issue in the past - resulting in some people signing off from WW for good. So please alona, play with the rules (there was this thing with Lari as well). Hold your horses my friend!
Eeek I know...seriously, I'm considering just not signing on MSN while I'm in a WW game from now on.

Oh dear, why did so much have to happen while I was at work?? Arg. Okay, so impressions from the post:

Inzil and Nog are at each other's throats. It's either wolf-on-wolf setting up for one of them to look good at the end of toDay. Or ordo-on-ordo which blows because of our numbers and already stated reasons about what happens if we lynch an ordo and the Ranger doesn't protect the right person toNight.

Shasta's few posts today make me very uneasy. I didn't see Wilwa's comments as back pedaling at all, merely a post to get the conversation going or, like Nog suggested, a possible trap for wolves. Yes, his post about Sally's misdirect could be valid, but with just a few posts he has jumped to the top of my suspect list.

And then there's Nog! Who defended himself vehemently. The way his posts went made me think he was a very ticked off ordo - or an extremely clever wolf. Like I said before I left for work, I am leaning towards the first, though after all the posts toDay, the second isn't off the table yet.

Ugh, I think I'll wait to see if anyone else posts. DL isn't that a bad time for me and with how dire the situation is, I'll hold off for as long as I can til I vote.

Voting thus far:

Nog -> Shasta
Wilwa -> Inzil
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #452
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So is no one else here?

As for voting, I'm more inclinded to go with the whole not voting for any girls because Alona and Wilwa are not at all suspcious to me.

Nog seems to have talked himself into a corner, and come out with Shasta as guilty and constantly stated that he is innocent. I'm not sure how to feel about this. He seems to be saying he's innocent way too much in those.

And then Shasta and Inzil both have votes. While Shasta looked suspicious yesterDay he seems much better to me toDay. And Inzil...well PM buddy.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #453
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Man, you people had better start voting.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #454
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And we're really close to the deadline and still to vote: me, Alona, Shasta, and Inzil. Great.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-19-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: x-posted with concerned Mod.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #455
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
It's getting close so here we go. No girls because of the possibility the Ranger is a she. Though my newfound suspicion of Shasta is unsettling, I've got more of a feel on Nog at this point.

So, here goes:

++Nog
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #456
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm here.

Nog was strange toDay. I still don't understand why he put all that effort into going after me, only to abandon it at the last minute. And it was awfully odd how he didn't find much to note about me until I pushed him. I think we have a very likely wolf in one of them, but not both.

x/d with alona and Lari
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #457
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Let's hope for the best.

++Nog
Old 01-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #458
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I'm going with the no girls.

And I'm now not really sure about Shasta, he's beginning to look less guilty to me, and I don't really want to vote Inzil. Which leaves me with voting Nog. His talking toDay seemed rather to proclaim he was innocent and talk in circles. It doesn't feel right.

++Nog

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-19-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: x-posted since my last post...wow
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #459
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
The man from the bank had left Johnny on the porch of his house with a slip of paper in his hand. Johnny had tried to argue with the man, he'd told him that he couldn't pay the mortgage just yet since he'd been laid off down at the factory. He was looking for work, but he needed more time. He just needed more time. What difference was another week or two? The bank had had Johnny's business for years, didn't that mean anything? He needed the house, he was going to get married. Johnny always paid off his debts in the end, he was good for the money. He just needed more time. But, if the bank man heard any of this, he showed no sign of it, and Johnny found himself staring blankly at a notice of eviction. There was nothing he could do. Was there?

Johnny walked slowly back inside, dropping the slip of paper on the porch. Slowly, quietly, almost half-heartedly, he walked through the kitchen and down into the basement. He stood there for a moment, silent and motionless, then took down a shotgun from a shelf and clamped it tight into the vise. Then he picked up a hacksaw. He had to hurry. The bank closed soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmT-j...eature=related

Later that evening, a state police officer pulled Johnny as he was driving recklessly down the county roads, past the swamps and the refinery fires, making good time away from the city. Not only was he drunk, but he was waving a sawed-off shotgun in one hand and clamoring about how he had only done what he had to, about how the bank and the auto factory had put the gun in his hands. He was crying a little and hardly resisted when the lawman slapped the cuffs on him and took him downtown. Two weeks later, he had been sentenced to 99 years in prison for the killing of a bank clerk. That was the last anyone heard of Johnny 99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2aQogGfYtY

Night 5 has begun.

The Living
City Dude - Inziladun
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul - The Highwayman (Hunter)
Wild Billy - Glirdan - Innocent
Rosalita - Loslote - Innocent
Mary - Rikae - Innocent
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya - The Betrayer (Wolf)
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally - The Dreamer (Seer)
Johnny 99 - Nogrod - Innocent

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-19-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #460
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izt7qpSc9ck

The circus was silent now, the carousel still, the fairgrounds dim, the boardwalk empty. A cold rain drizzled over the city, falling from grey clouds which stretched endlessly in every direction. The streets felt dead and bare, their fire quenched, their life extinguished. Only a few still walked alone through town, lost, searching for something they could not quite recall - for it had been snatched away just before it had been realized.

Wendy was one of these last, lone survivors, who felt her world growing old around her, who found herself dreaming less and less, and growing more and more resigned. And she hated herself for it. She felt betrayed. She felt that she had betrayed something herself. Tonight, in desperation, she went searching for someone she had been close to, once, in the old days. But they hadn't spoken in so long - she only knew where he lived.

She found herself on the street corner late that night, waiting outside his apartment, unsure of herself. Should she knock? Maybe he was married. What was she doing here anyway? What was she looking for? She sat on the curb in misery and tried to remember...but all that came back to her was one of the old songs, strain by strain, in pieces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuThNgl3YA

She looked back up at his bedroom window. The light was on! She stood up - and just at that moment, he walked through the door. Dressed in the uniform of a New Jersey state police officer. They stared at each other for a moment, each barely recognizing the other and yet communicating through their silence more than they ever had with words. He shook his head.

"You shouldn't have come. It's over."

Then he walked past her, got onto his motorcycle, and rode away without a backward glance. Wendy threw herself onto the cold, umsympathetic pavement and wept.

This dream was over. It was time to move on. It was time for new and different dreams to begin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGNq2-S06I

The game is over, the wolves have won. Their numbers now equal the number of living innocents.

Thank you all for playing. This meant a lot to me.

The Living
City Dude - Inziladun - The Lawman (Wolf)
Gypsy Biker - Shasta - The Angel (Ranger)
Crazy Janey - Alonariel - The Killer (Wolf)
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin - Innocent

The Dead
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul - The Highwayman (Hunter)
Wild Billy - Glirdan - Innocent
Rosalita - Loslote - Innocent
Mary - Rikae - Innocent
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya - The Betrayer (Wolf)
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally - The Dreamer (Seer)
Johnny 99 - Nogrod - Innocent
Wendy - Lariren

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-21-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #461
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I still can't believe I tied at two votes. With a wolf! I totally freaked out when I found that one out after I died...

@ Nog, re Sally pm: by gifted hints, I meant Sally's hinting that Glirdy was wolf. I sent it thinking that if you were a) an ordo you wouldn't try to kill Sally, who I was fairly sure was the seer, or b) a wolf, you'd have seen it anyway and it wouldn't matter, but that you would know that I knew you probably knew and would suspect you if she died. I was pretty sure you were innocent, though, so I wasn't that worried, but not sure enough to actually say "Sally's the seer."

@ Zil, re I can totally read you: Well, that's basically it.

@ Gwath, re thanks: Amazing game! Thank you for modding it!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #462
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

City Dude - Inziladun - The Lawman (Wolf)
Gypsy Biker - Shasta - The Angel (Ranger)
Crazy Janey - Alonariel - The Killer (Wolf)

Alona.....I'm never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever trusting you again.

Shasta.....you are not a girl. haha

Inzil.....I knew it! I knew some people had got to keep their roles from the first try, so I had a feeling you were a good chance at being wolf.

Wow. That was.......a surprise.

Gwath, wonderful game, thank you so much!!!!

Good job Sally!!!!!

Good job everyone, and congrats to the wolves, it was well played!

Just for reference, incase anyone is curious, I was an ord in the first try as well, but my lover was Inzil (who was a wolf then too).
Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #463
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Well, that was rather a hard-fought game. Not a stellar performance from me, but we still managed to pull out a win. I thought we had an excellent wolf-pack.
Izzy made a nice return after a WW hiatus. If not for Sally's dream I thought she had a good chance of avoiding serious suspicion for quite a while.

And alona was tremendous, doing extremely well at deflecting suspicion, despite a couple of slips *cough Rikae *cough* . Told you Shasta was the Ranger after what he said Day 4!

Sally was an excellent Seer, and I thought it highly likely she'd dream one of us. We managed to sniff her out the first Day, only to be thwarted by the clever Ranger. I was surprised she picked Izzy as her dream though, as I'd thought I looked much worse than she.

I knew I was taking a risk by attacking Nog, but he seemed to be the easiest lynch. He mounted a vicious defence, and pretty much had me on the ropes. Then he backed off and went for Shasta! Astonishing, but much appreciated.

I feel badly for deceiving my poor PM-Pal, Lari, and especially for killing her Night 5. Alona and I just thought she was the least likely to be guarded.
She really was very sweet and a delight to discuss things with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
@ Zil, re I can totally read you: Well, that's basically it.
That's why you had to go! If I remember correctly, my first thought on Night 2's kill was you.

Good game, Wilwa! You indeed had it nearly figured out by Day 4, but we were banking on alona looking so good she could finish things on her own if she had to.

Thanks for modding, Gwath. It really was a fun game, even without knowing a great deal of Springsteen.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-21-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: left out a word
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #464
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Gah!!! Now will you guys let me live past Day 1?? Seriously!!

Anyways, good game Wolves, you did a splendid job of confusing everyone and came out on top.

Gwath the narrations were definitely one of a kind and were very entertaining the whole way through.

Sally, my dear lover, you did splendidly!!

Everyone else, good job and better luck next time!!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #465
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Good game, Wilwa! You indeed had it nearly figured out by Day 4, but we were banking on alona looking so good she could finish things on her own she had to.

And she probably would have, if it had been down to me having to vote. I kinda suspected her the first Day or so, but then she just looked so good!

Heh, just noticed that it was Inzil and Alona who first voted for Nog. You sneaky little *&%@#.

Haha, my poor Glirdy! Maybe if you stopped coming up with terrible reasons to suspect me then you'll be able to survive longer!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #466
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Haha, yay. xD

Thanks for hosting Gwath!
Good game everyone.

Shasta being the Ranger, so funny. I had him written off as not being the Ranger. Guess he was way busier than I thought.

I think that is the first time I've ever been dreamed of. Yay!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #467
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Heh, just noticed that it was Inzil and Alona who first voted for Nog. You sneaky little *&%@#.
Sadly that's nothing new...

And alona! I was so sure she was a wolf but Sally's staunch defence of her let me thought she was the ranger as it came from the authority of the Seer - and thus I talked about hubris - that Sally was making it too obvious... How wrong I was there - and how right I was from the beginning!!!

And bah! I had a situation the Day before: I had suspected Wilwa a lot and a long time but suddenly one post by Izzy rushed her into the top of my suspicions... then I had to make a choice. Happily Sally came forwards giving me the right one as I was quite insecure about which one to vote.

YesterDay then, I was facing quite the same dilemma: I suspected Inzil heavily - and had done more or less so for quite a long time, and then there were the few posts of Shasta that turned the tables... Only that time I made the wrong decision between the two.

But looking at how the game went it seemed clear I had no chance of survival as I needed to turn to sleep hours before the dl - happily we didn't lynch Shasta as he could have had a chance to save the game for one Day more...

Well played anyway wolves! You got some real help from outside but you also held your act together quite nicely. Kudos for that!

Next time I will be looking more than twice at you wilwa before I start suspecting you. It seems to be my newest "bad habit" I need to get rid of.

Sorry Lottie for letting you down... when I read afterwards the posts from the last hours of the Day you were lynched, I was thinking to myself "she's innocent, I need to start the discussions anew with her as soon as I have time", only to read further and see you lynched with three people not voying! That was a sad moment in the game.

Thanks Gwath for an enjoyable game - even if it took some practising to begin... I hadn't time to check every link you offered us but I checked many and they were nice. The mood was there even if we didn't keep it up sop much after the D1 of the first trial. But that's also our fault.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #468
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Sorry Lottie for letting you down... when I read afterwards the posts from the last hours of the Day you were lynched, I was thinking to myself "she's innocent, I need to start the discussions anew with her as soon as I have time", only to read further and see you lynched with three people not voying! That was a sad moment in the game.
More exasperating than sad, really. I noticed that no one was bandwaggoning except sort of the two I thought were wolves (sorry about that, Lari) against me, so I knew I couldn't vote either of them 'cause then I would die, but I didn't really suspect Alona that much...and then no one else voted her anyway! I still can't believe I tied with Alonawolf and no one looked at her at all afterwards! Or at Zil. I mean, come on, guys! Follow leads! At least look at what the known innocents said.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #469
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I still can't believe I tied with Alonawolf and no one looked at her at all afterwards! Or at Zil. I mean, come on, guys! Follow leads! At least look at what the known innocents said.
It seemed as if all that was totally forgotten in the drama with Sally's Day 3 wolf reveal. She had Izzy, and that, plus more discussion about the lover-pairings possibly leading to the wolves, made people forget all about the previous Day. We were quite content with that situation, alona and I.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #470
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As I said... the way Sally went with alona was to me even too clear a message she was sheltering her - and trying to keep us away from her... Thus I thought alona must the the ranger and backed away from suspecting her immediately - and without a word not to arouse the wolves interest to my sudden turn... and crossing my fingers they wouldn't notice Sally's openly protective attitude.

All that for wrong reasons...

Heh, never trust a seer who does more than her duty...
Old 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #471
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
As I said... the way Sally went with alona was to me even too clear a message she was sheltering her - and trying to keep us away from her... Thus I thought alona must the the ranger and backed away from suspecting her immediately - and without a word not to arouse the wolves interest to my sudden turn... and crossing my fingers they wouldn't notice Sally's openly protective attitude.

All that for wrong reasons...

Heh, never trust a seer who does more than her duty...
Oi! Lol.

Well that was my point. Since she and Shasta were lovers I'd hoped that Shasta would pick up on my cues to tell Alona what had been going on so I could get a clearer picture of what was going on. Why I trusted her I have no idea, but believe me, from now on I won't be.

And for your enjoyment I plan to link all my posts where I hinted about the true identity of the ranger. For pity's sake, I only said 'she' once and it was just to throw off the wolves from killing Shasta. It was fun to watch you speculate, though.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #472
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
And for your enjoyment I plan to link all my posts where I hinted about the true identity of the ranger. For pity's sake, I only said 'she' once and it was just to throw off the wolves from killing Shasta. It was fun to watch you speculate, though.
Oh, alona and I weren't convinced by that, and had discussed it Night 4. We knew better than to think you would let that slip if it were true. We left Shasta alone Night 5 because we thought he (along with Wilwa) were more likely to be guarded than Lari.
Everyone else assumed you had been saying the Ranger was defintely a 'she'. Who were we to point out the possibility it might have been a misdirection on your part, when it might have helped ensure alona's survival?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #473
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
For pity's sake, I only said 'she' once and it was just to throw off the wolves from killing Shasta. It was fun to watch you speculate, though.
And I thought it was enough credence for my innocence to pick up with that and trying to make it a run between us three males, myself included. For a wolf that would have been a suicidal move... but well, it were the wolves who basically lynched me, so that was quite a fool's hope anyway even if I didn't want to believe that when I had to log out for the night...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #474
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And bah! I had a situation the Day before: I had suspected Wilwa a lot and a long time but suddenly one post by Izzy rushed her into the top of my suspicions... then I had to make a choice. Happily Sally came forwards giving me the right one as I was quite insecure about which one to vote.
Was it the post where I couldn't help but laugh at Sally's ermm.. case against you?
It may have just been because I was a wolf and knew otherwise, but to me it really did look.. over the top. Like the entire thing was a setup, to try and catch a wolf or two.

Sally's last Day, I was thinking Wilwa was the Ranger, because Sally was wanting information from the Ranger. Then Wilwa came out with a comment about the Ranger being daring - and I thought that was kind of an odd thing to say.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #475
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Was it the post where I couldn't help but laugh at Sally's ermm.. case against you?
It may have just been because I was a wolf and knew otherwise, but to me it really did look.. over the top. Like the entire thing was a setup, to try and catch a wolf or two.
Heh. In that case I was trying to get a reaction out of Nog because I wasn't sure if I suspected him or not and I normally can read him pretty well when he's defending himself. I figured if I could pick up on a wolf then that'd be lovely but it was just to feel out Nog to be honest.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #476
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Sally's last Day, I was thinking Wilwa was the Ranger, because Sally was wanting information from the Ranger. Then Wilwa came out with a comment about the Ranger being daring - and I thought that was kind of an odd thing to say.
Also, haha.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #477
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Sally, I'm curious to know who your dream was to have been the Night we killed you.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #478
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

and I'm curious who Shasta protected that last Night...
Old 01-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #479
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
and I'm curious who Shasta protected that last Night...
The only person I could be sure was innocent. Myself.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #480
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, that was a fun game to read through. Made me wish I'd got back in time to sign up. Ah well.