The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #641
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Me too. 15 minutes and it's Exeunt Europa.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #642
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lalaith can have 2 hours 15 minutes, being in a lagging timezone.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #643
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Do you think Boro could be the seer and Nerwen the special role, and by whatever power invested in her, they've done a clever role swap? That would explain why she's not clear about the dreams and doesn't mind not being protected while Boro made a fake-looking reveal that strongly discouraged the wolves to try and attack him.
I thought that was possible - at first because he might have been hinting to her, but she's given too much info for it to be hints alone (as far as I can see). But maybe part of the special role, yeah.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #644
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Do you think Boro could be the seer and Nerwen the special role, and by whatever power invested in her, they've done a clever role swap? That would explain why she's not clear about the dreams and doesn't mind not being protected while Boro made a fake-looking reveal that strongly discouraged the wolves to try and attack him.
Are you sure you oughtn't be sleeping? Sounds like very overcombining brain to me

Seriously speaking though, it is possible... actually anyway, I have been thinking about there being some role-swapping involved with the special roles. Also, when was it that Boro said he killed and didn't kill or what? Is there a chance they swapped during the Night when he didn't make the kill (that being the reason why he didn't)? Still, why wasn't there an assassin earlier? Or has our Ranger been protecting people, so we didn't know there should have been more kills? (Speaking of which, where is the Ranger?)

Too many questions anyway... But yeah. Bottom line, it is possible.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #645
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
just popping in to say that I'll be around at the deadline to vote, but a vote for Nerwen is fine with me.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #646
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

AND WE HAVE PASSED THE LIVING THREAD!

Old 06-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #647
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I can't believe other-lover and Ranger haven't stepped out. There's only six people we don't know, right? That would cut it down to four.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:06 PM   #648
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's been really lazy there - so maybe they just haven't been around?

Kudos for our train going past them!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #649
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
If we had one full wolf pack here I would kind of expect them to have given up/confessed.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #650
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Um what the hell is Form trying to say?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #651
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Haven't read everything but I think I've got the idea. So -

++ Nerwen

Sorry for being useless today, should have more time tomorrow!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #652
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have nothing useful to say, just wanted to point out that we just tied the Living thread.

EDIT: xed since Firefoot
Old 06-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #653
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
If we had one full wolf pack here I would kind of expect them to have given up/confessed.
Yeah me too. I'd prefer a village victory to the other pack.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #654
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I wouldn't hold it impossible they have only 1+1 left there...
Old 06-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #655
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, now they did it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
If we want ten-for-ten we could subtract Boro and Sally, our two "Known Roles" (well, more so than the rest--substitute Nerwen in place of one of them, if you prefer) and leave the ten votes for the ten unknowns. We could do a strict alphabetical correspondence.:

Aganzir..........................................E omer of the Rohirrim
A Little Green................................Formendacil
Firefoot.........................................K ath
Lalaith........................................... McCaber
Legate of Amon Lanc....................Mithalwen
Macalaure.....................................morm egil
Nogrod..........................................Ne rwen
Rikae............................................. Nilpaurion Felagund
Rune Son of Bjarne.......................Shastanis Althreduin
the phantom.................................Thinlómien
If his vote is for a known wolf.......Boromir88
If her vote is for a known wolf......satansaloser2005

A similar scheme (put the Living column in reverse alphabetical order, swap out Nerwen for Boro, etc) could easily be mocked up.

Question being - do we go with it? And is it safe (i.e. what if they still revise it...)

Mith would be a good vote though, generally speaking (as in, I relatively trust her). But specifically speaking, I am not sure if I would trust her - also, didn't she vote already?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #656
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Form's list doesn't make any sense. Say we empower Mith ... what does that tell them? That Legate is innocent or guilty?

And now I'm really worried he'll swap Boro and Nerwen, meaning empowering her will make them think her vote is for a known wolf.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #657
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Question being - do we go with it? And is it safe (i.e. what if they still revise it...)

Mith would be a good vote though, generally speaking (as in, I relatively trust her). But specifically speaking, I am not sure if I would trust her - also, didn't she vote already?
There's no option for whether the role was good or evil, though. All we can do is tell them who was dreamed, not what the outcome was.

EDIT: xed with Rikae, who said basically the same thing.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #658
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Yeah. That's a total no go - at least for the time being.

The other question then is, is there time.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #659
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ah, right. Stupid me.

Anyway, since Greenie already voted... and Nerwen doesn't even figure on their list... maybe we should just go with that and be done.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #660
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Yeah, our time is kind of up anyway.

I'm thinking of voting Nerwen and being done with it. Chances are she doesn't even make it back before the deadline.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #661
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Anyway, since Greenie already voted... and Nerwen doesn't even figure on their list... maybe we should just go with that and be done.
Nope. Empowering Nerwen means we found out Nog's role.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #662
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Yeah, but not which, so it still might work. But what in the name of all...

I feel like Morm's avatar right now.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #663
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Except we couldn't convey it to the village anyway, not with Form's chart, so it doesn't actually matter.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #664
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I feel like Morm's avatar right now.
You know if I get bored tomorrow, I'm going to make a "Best of Dead Thread" post with all these quotes.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #665
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
...? what???

Form, what are you suggesting?

Say, the dead empower Kath, then Firefoot what?? Is one whose role is known by the dead? But is she innocent or guilty???
Thank you Lommy.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #666
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

If Green or Agan can promise to be around at the Deadline with Firefoot and I, perhaps the rest of you can just spread your votes evenly right now? (with the unknowns Nog-Rikae-Lalaith voting first of course, and I don't expect the WWs to oblige)
Old 06-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #667
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ah, Lommy pointed it out.

But that reminds me: Lommy must know what havoc this is causing for the dead in her time zone.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #668
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
You know if I get bored tomorrow, I'm going to make a "Best of Dead Thread" post with all these quotes.
Please do. It might brighten the environment.

Anyway. So... honestly not wanting to wait for another hour. Even if they managed to come up with something, there is no way they are going to agree on a vote. Unless now Nerwen tells them "I got the dream of another person, and it is X". And we already have one vote in the lot - for Nerwen. I think we might just as well do it.

I'm afraid the Living thread is just soaked in Wolves, though...
Old 06-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #669
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Even if they took it that way it wouldn't make much of a difference as there is very little they could speculate with it. And btw. if the thought was that we voted someone if an innocent, it would actually be true also.

And also. It's better they think I was checked and found innocent / guilty - whichever way they are going to interpret it, than someone more recent of whom they'd have lot more "trails" to read then possibly wrong (of whom they might make a lot problematic conclusions) or the wolves might steer those interpretations.

But I mean yes. It is late and they should understand this didn't work this time.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #670
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
If Green or Agan can promise to be around at the Deadline with Firefoot and I, perhaps the rest of you can just spread your votes evenly right now? (with the unknowns Nog-Rikae-Lalaith voting first of course, and I don't expect the WWs to oblige)
Nope. Greenie went to bed already and I'm not setting my alarm at 4:45, not even for 15 minutes, not even for this game.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:21 PM   #671
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Green already voted. And the DL is like 4 AM our time or something?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #672
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But I mean yes. It is late and they should understand this didn't work this time.
Let's hope so. And let's hope they don't spend half tomorrow talking about whether we did send them a message or didn't. Geez.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #673
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Ah, Lommy pointed it out.

But that reminds me: Lommy must know what havoc this is causing for the dead in her time zone.
Yeah. To be fair though, they may not be thinking about it. It doesn't occur to them how careful we must be so the wolves can't hijack it.

Quote:
Green already voted. And the DL is like 4 AM our time or something?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #674
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Greenie voted already, Agan said she's going to sleep... I am, Legate is too...
Old 06-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #675
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

How about we just leave. Go quiet. Say nothing. Dead.

If we stop talking, perhaps they'll realise it's not going to work and we're not doing it.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #676
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'll go silent. We'll see.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #677
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
How about we just leave. Go quiet. Say nothing. Dead.

If we stop talking, perhaps they'll realise it's not going to work and we're not doing it.
They won't.

And really. I'm not leaving anything to the phantom remembering how he sabotaged the one we were supposed tp make together just the two of us.

SO in a minute I'm voting unless there is a strong argument why not.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #678
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Looks like they're settling in for a nice, long discussion about what the best way to make this list is.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #679
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I was actually thinking the opposite, that if they saw us exploding after Form's suggestion they'd realize it was a problem.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #680
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

We'd need to be silent for an hour or so that it would be even imagined as seen for a sign of something. Really.

They don't watch the numbers of our posts continually - even if the phantom posts here.