User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #1281
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

I'm not sure "where" in the story line we were planning to end Part 1.

But I think I will have my character Rôg take up with the 2 Orc sisters, and possibly Undome would want to bring along Ungolt, too (?), and we will perhaps form a little group to continue on the journey to find an area of land suitable for setting up a place of their own?

So, I guess I'm asking how far shall my character and hers go in the planning of this joint venture?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #1282
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, took me a while to notice this! Sorry!

Well, I don't know how much of an authority I am, but I know we discussed ending 'Part 1' just after the slaves and fellowship group and the orc group parts ways, the orc group given some supplies and sent on their way. I remember it being the plan that the groups would split up again until they both ran into some nasty "problems" and needed each other's help. I like this plan because I think the actual bringing together of the groups needs to be pretty gradual still (as in it needs more time). Of course everyone may want to bring them together sooner than that plan might mean simply because of time.

That can all be part of planning 'Part 2', if everyone decides ending 'Part 1' with the separation of the groups once again is alright.

Anyway...pio and Undome - If we go with the plan of the orcs and 'free peoples' separating again, would Rôg accompany the orcs? Would your orc sisters and Rôg form their own group, with maybe a couple others from the orc group and/or the slave/fellowship group?

That made a realization pop into my head - if the orc group could split up, and Rôg has joined up with the orcs sisters, and I know others are starting on some relationships between the free peoples and orcs, then perhaps the separation won't really work out? As in - it won't happen at all, or it will be decided but not really 'enforced' (not sure exactly how that will work, but...), or it will be a partial separation - most of the orcs aren't going to be ready very quickly to hang around with men and an elf, dwarf, and hobbit.

However we work it out, we're coming up to a point in the game, I think, where there will/could be the most splitting up into different groups, the most fracturing of the current groups, which we can bring all together again. So I think a lot of interesting things could happen. And I'd like to keep things open, so that each character involved can side with whomever they wish and cause any divides they wish.

We may not wish to have much splitting up, though, because we have taken longer than planned in the first place to bring everyone together for this... Also going to note: throughout this post, I've talked about all these "groups" as if they are clearly cut, easily definable and all that, which of course they wouldn't be. I know we have too realistic characters for anything to ever be clear cut, which would be boring!

Of course this is all making me wonder if we should wait on all of that, too, until people are more available.

I've rambled enough...anyone have input, ideas? I'll think on things and try and come up with more organized ideas, outlines maybe and all that.

Edit: Hmm, think I'm making things more complicated than they are/need to be.

Anyway, here are some options I see for 'the decision' or whatever it is:

If we end with the decision that the orcs are given supplies and sent on their way
  • This decision could be made (announced) by Beloan, representing the slaves
  • It could be made by Aiwendil for the slaves, who now will not argue...but I guess he would want them to stay together! (Perhaps if he thought they weren't ready yet...)
  • It is an unspoken, unofficial decision – the orcs get back together and leave once everything’s died down, some of the slaves giving them supplies before they go

Last edited by Durelin; 12-21-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #1283
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Carl's Save (#450) has been filled, with thanks to Durelin.

Nogrod, I refered to Gwerr as being by the pit now. I hope that this is Ok. I could easily make a change if need be.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #1284
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, I posted, bringing things forward. The 'decision' was made - Beloan told the orcs they can go and the slaves will give them some supplies. If anyone has a problem with that being the decision, with how I handled it, and/or with the fact that I brought things to that point in general, please of course let me know. My post can of course be edited, and parts of it can be removed to be placed later.

Also, I 'used' Hadith briefly, Nogrod, just to say that he specifically helped Gwerr out of the pit. So let me know if that's alright. And please let me know if you think I handled Beloan alright.

Child - I hope everything is well with you, and if you get a chance to be around the Downs at all let me know what you think about...well, the current position of the game in general I suppose! Everything! Anyway, we miss you.

Really, we can wrap up Part 1 very soon if everyone's okay with that -- those who wish to do a final post (epilogue-ish) go ahead or at least express your desire to do so here on the discussion thread. And I know Pio and Undome have some business to finish, at least.

I don't mean to bring this to an abrupt semi-end (just Part 1!) or sound at all harsh, and step on anyone's toes, but I don't think this is going to really move along much more until we regroup somewhere down the road.

Last edited by Durelin; 01-28-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #1285
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Very nice post, Durelin.

When Part 2 rolls around just give me a holler, am only shouting distance from the Downs, though unfortunately I don't get to visit the barrows as often these days.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #1286
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Wow!

This thing is moving on once again!

Great.

We had a brave try last time but somehow it just died away. Let's see this to the end this time!

I will try to both answer the questions addressed at my characters + have my two cents on the general discussion tomorrow (it's now almost 2.30AM and I really have to go to sleep mow).

Good to see you all!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #1287
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Thank you, Hilde, and will do! Yes, definitely unfortunate, though I'm very glad you hang around here as much as you can!

Very good to see you here, too, Nog!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #1288
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I left a save to the actual thread but will not fill it before the proposal (Pio's save) is made.

And surely the other orcs should voice their views about how they would take the offer. So let's discuss that via PM's or here but let's do it.

My initial stance would be that Gwerr would accept the offer (they still have their loot on the back of that horse) but let's see...
Old 02-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #1289
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Pio

Will try to post tomorrow or possibly the day after - computer crashed and only have sporadic access to a friend's.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #1290
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay. I have rather abandoned Athwen and I can't feel that I can convincingly pick her up again. But I would like to know what the general happenings here are. Is this game being wrapped to a close?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #1291
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

We are wrapping up a 'Part 1', with the hope that we may start a Part 2 whenever those who wish to continue are available and would like to begin (basically treating it as if it were a brand new game). I guess we will work out what happens to characters of players who do not wish to continue when anything like a Part 2 gets moving.

If a Part 2 never happens, it never happens, but we'll see, eh?

That is of course as long as this plan is alright with Pio and Child and all of the players (so far there have been no objections).
Old 04-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #1292
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry to have been such a slacker with this...

I'll try to write something to wrap things up at least for the adult male orcs as it looks like I'm the last remaining adult male orc-writer around.

Also if you Firefoot have any ideas with Johari & Hadith, please let me know.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #1293
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Hey Nog! No, not a slacker...this game has not really demanded attention for a while now. Btw, I apologize to all for the obnoxious PMs, but I just wanted to make sure of where we stood.

I talked to Pio, and she suggested we close it up around the end of May (basically I asked her if she wanted to set a date, as I wanted to, so there it is ). Anyone who wants to do some sort of wrap up post should try to by then - if you don't get one done by then though I am sure Pio could insert it at the end cause she's so nice and endlessly patient!

She also said that she and Undome have talked and are going to leave their characters where they are and not fill in their saves, so don't worry about waiting on them.

I might do an overall wrap up post if it seems necessary (though anyone else can certainly feel free to do so if they'd like), but I don't know if it will be.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #1294
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm very sorry I haven't responded to your PM, Durelin, or posted here, but I've been very busy with school and other RL duties. I will see if I can not help wrap this game up in the near future.

-- Folwren
Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #1295
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh no need to respond! And no need to do a wrap up post unless you'd like to! I don't mean to pressure people, just let them know that this is actually "ending" and give plenty of opportunity to say "wait! I need to--"....yeah. And I'm trying to be a good little co-GM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #1296
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Question

*shakes the dust off this thread . . . hack . . . cough

Shall I move the game to Elvenhome . . . labeling it as Part 1?

I'll remove Nogrod's Save if that's alright with him.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #1297
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Certainly...as Part 1 or not!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #1298
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~