The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #3041
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Seconded Happy Birthday to tp!
Old 07-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #3042
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
You will curse the day you did not wish the phantom a happy birthday. Felicitations, darling!
It's phelicitations, hon.

Happy birthday, TP!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:55 AM   #3043
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday to the one and only Barrow Wight! What a date! Time to find a piece of jewelry and hit the road?
Old 07-06-2015, 07:13 AM   #3044
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Happy Birthday to the celebrated Chief Wight! Thanks for all you do, sir.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #3045
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to the phantom and The Barrow-Wight.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #3046
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Belated happy birthday to the Phantom, I hope he is enjoying the tennis as much as I did now they have moved it to suit his birthday not mine.....

And on time good wishes to the Barrow Wight on reaching fivety. and gratitude for the renewed existence of the downs.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #3047
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Meh, I was going to write "phiphthed phelicitations to the phantom", but with Mith phelithitating before me it hath to be thixthed now... I mean, Best wishes, tp.

And congratulations to The Barrow-Wight on reaching a hobbit's adventuring age! Thank you for bringing the Downs back from the living, and have a great birthday!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #3048
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Psst Pitch it was Gally who phelicitated the phantom not me.... t
Old 07-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #3049
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Bah, you were the phiphth to congratulate him. Same dipherence. Never mind.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:15 PM   #3050
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Happy birthday to the Barrow Wight and Tevildo!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #3051
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Gwath!
Old 07-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #3052
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree

Happy birthday to Gwath! And belated happy birthday to all those I have missed, which seems to be, wow, what a special company of notable folks! Anyway, merry times to everyone!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:16 PM   #3053
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Happy birthday and all the best, Gwath!
Old 07-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #3054
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Happy Birthday to Durelin wherever she may be. Wight Fright being unfinished is a source of guilt and grief and I just miss her.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #3055
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes, a Happy B-day (you may take that as you wish, m'dear) to "Dury"!!

Should you decide to return, I'm sure I can prod Envinyatar into coming back to finish "Wight Fright"....
Old 07-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #3056
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

That would be good... my Wight Fright notes happen to be among the belongings I have with me rather than in storage.... I know it was mostly my fault it fell apart but it wasn't a great time..

It was a bit of a shock though to read Envinyatar's current character's bear hunting exploits. A far cry from Willem!!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-14-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #3057
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Second (or third) that, happy birthday Dury!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #3058
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Fourthed (or whatevered) happy birthday Dury! This hobbit went a long way away from Wight Fright, and just read some of it as a bedtime story, but I hope you come back nonetheless!
Old 07-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #3059
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

My my, there's a lot of birthday action these days - must be those first chilly autumn nights nine months earlier. Happy birthday, Glirdan!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:33 PM   #3060
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded! Happy birthday Glirdy!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #3061
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

And it continues. Happy birthday wilwa!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #3062
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Wilwa! *hugs*
Old 07-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #3063
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Ibrin! May your name grow ever longer!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #3064
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Silmaril

Yes indeed - best wishes, Ibrin, wherever you may be today. Nai anar kaluva tielyanna!
Old 07-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #3065
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

1420!

Well, Legate is almost at the 3-0 mark!
Happy Birthday, my friend.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #3066
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, O great master of riddles!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #3067
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thank you, folks! And now it is slowly time to wish happy birthday to The Might - my old-time fellow in the Quiz Room, so maybe we could think (again) about rekindling that tradition, in the wake of our celebrations...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #3068
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Thank you, folks! And now it is slowly time to wish happy birthday to The Might - my old-time fellow in the Quiz Room, so maybe we could think (again) about rekindling that tradition, in the wake of our celebrations...
Now that would be a proper mathom!

And happy birthday Miggy, albeit still a bit early this side of the pond.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:33 AM   #3069
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A very happy (now belated) birthday to our dear Legate, and felicitations to another wonderful fellow, The Might! Best wishes, my good folks!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #3070
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Here's to you, Leggy and Miggy! Birds of a feather...
Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #3071
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

С днем рождения, Lush! Многая лета!
Old 08-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #3072
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday skippy!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:15 AM   #3073
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Belated happy birthday to my dancing Blues Brother skip! Keep on rocking!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #3074
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Rune!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #3075
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yet another round number!

Happy birthday Rune! Tillykke med fřdselsdagen!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #3076
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thanks Gal and Pitch!

Spent my birthday celebrating Rune's birthday which wasn't actually his birthday.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:33 AM   #3077
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy 55th, davem!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #3078
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Spent my birthday celebrating Rune's birthday which wasn't actually his birthday.
Yes, there have been dark rumours of this Danish debauchery in the Book of Faces. Sounds like you all had fun.

Happy birthday, davem! In German, we call numbers like 33, 44, 55 schnapszahlen (i.e. ~ 'booze numbers'). Celebrate accordingly.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #3079
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Morsul!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #3080
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy belated birthday, Morsul!