The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2000, 08:09 PM   #1
as eowyn
Wight

as eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring Tattoos and a pink boa?

<BR>Well Freinds today was the last day of filming and I've heard some weird things about it. First that the cast of the nine walkers (Elijah wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Ian Mckellen, Viggo Mortensen, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando Bloom, and Sean Bean) had a special elven mark (Designed by Alan Lee) tattooed to their fore arms. And second that while filming the last scene all the mager cast each had a turn (and were filmed) snaping the marker at the bigging of each take but they all had to be wearing a pink boa. I thought that both these facts were interesting if funny. It sounds like the mager cast will be branded with this film, both physically and hypothetically, for the rest of their lives, but it alos sounds like they had a lot of fun too <p></p>
as eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2000, 12:43 PM   #2
Grand Admiral Reese
Animated Skeleton

Grand Admiral Reese has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Tattoos and a pink boa?</b><br><br> It shows just how much they like the movie they've been making. That they'd get tattoos for a movie they're in is very interesting, IMO. <br> <br> Have any of you seen the picture of Harry Knowles wearing the pink boa? Scary, very scary. <p><br>Tall ships and tall kings Three times three, What brought they from the foundered land Over the flowing sea? Seven stars and seven stones And one white tree. .</br> <br>Administrator @ <a href=http://pub6.ezboard.com/bthegrandadmiralsforums>The Grand Admirals Forums</a>, <a href=http://pub10.ezboard.com/bb5techforums>The Grey Council Forums</a>, <a href=http://pub9.ezboard.com/bechostation12>The McClain Council</a> and <a href=http://pub14.ezboard.com/bthegrandmoffsforums>The Grand Moff's Forums</a>.</br> </p>
Grand Admiral Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2000, 02:11 PM   #3
onewhitetree
Seeker of Syntax

onewhitetree has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to onewhitetree
Ring

<BR> Re: Tattoos and a pink boa?</b><br><br> Heck, I would get a tattoo commemorating the books, and I'm not even an extra. But I'm glad that they were touched by the story. It makes for better acting if one feels the emotions of the characters. <p>Sell crazy someplace else...We're all stocked up here. <a href=http://pub23.ezboard.com/bminasmorgul>Minas Morgul</a></p>

Well, I'M BACK.
onewhitetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 02:12 PM   #4
as eowyn
Wight

as eowyn has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> ya</b><br><br> Yes I've seen the picture *shudder* and yesi think it was cool that they would do that. <p></p>
as eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:08 PM   #5
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re:All right where is this picture?</b><br><br> I need concrete proof-no offence author of this thread-I mean some of the actors dont seenm like the kinda people to do this type of thing-ex.Elijah Wood,Sean Astin,Ian Mckellen,etc-and a pink feather boa and a tattoo would destroy their reputations-those who have reputations-so could you please tell me where this pic is?<br> Sam <p></p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 11:42 AM   #6
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR> Re: Re:All right where is this picture?</b><br><br> I don't see how it would destroy any reputations. The boa sounds just like one of those silly things that people do when they've been working closely together for some time (bonding); and tattoos can be taken the wrong way but it's not like it was a naked lady or a skull. If I ever got a tattoo, I would want it to be some sort of elvish/Celtic design. <p><i>I do not know that we can have a heaven here on earth, but I am sure we need not have a hell here either. --Rich Mullins</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 07:17 PM   #7
Aldaron
Haunting Spirit

Aldaron has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Re:All right where is this picture?</b><br><br> About a year ago I got a tattoo of the pawprint of a river otter as a small acknowledgement of my minor Native American heritage. I like it and get a lot of questions about it. It's on my right forearm. I'd like to see what the actors had tattooed on them and where. <p></p>
Aldaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 05:39 PM   #8
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Think.</b><br><br> Lots of people have preducies against people with tattoos,I mean there might not be anything wrong-to us tolkien freaks-with an elf rune desinged by Alan Lee,but what about an outsider,someone who has no idea who Tolkien is?They might think this guy with this weird tattoo on his arm is a criminal or something. And like I said before some of the actors seem too mature to do anything that MIGHT ruin their reputations,like getting a ridiculous picture of themselves in a pink boa and then getting a tattoo,I just cant picture it,so please point me in the right direction so I might see this picture for myself.<br> the doubtfull<br> Sam <p></p>
Old 05-01-2001, 06:06 PM   #9
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Think.</b><br><br> There may still be predudices about tattoos in general, and about those who get them, but I doubt anyone will really think down on an actor for having a tasteful rune on their arm (especially one that can be covered with makeup). And who says that having picture made with a pink boa is going to ruin anyone's career. I, personally, would be happier if everyone could loosen up now and then and have some fun with props! <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>
Old 05-05-2001, 04:22 AM   #10
Zoe
Wight

Zoe has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Think.</b><br><br> I don't see the connection between pink boas and loss of reputation, either. I mean, I've helped produce thoroughly ridiculous parodies of my school's daily notices - does that mean that no-one who's seen them will ever treat anything I've written seriously again? <p>"This sig is proudly quote-free." -Me.<br> (Also known as eoz, and now has a non-Tolkien forum, called <a href="http://pub57.ezboard.com/beverythingelse45161">everything else</a>.) </p>
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 07:42 PM   #11
Amandil
Haunting Spirit

Amandil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Think.</b><br><br> In this age of make-up, photoretouch, and CGI, the actors have no business related problems with tatoos.<br> I don't see any of them doing ads on TV.<br> Wait a sec. I seem to recall Elijah Wood doing a Calvin Klein add. <br> Probably help him there <br> <br> And besides. Boas could be coming back. The Sixties' style came back.<br> And the Seventies. Ugh! <p></p>
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 03:53 PM   #12
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Whooooaaaa HOLD IT!!!!</b><br><br> Ok it probably wont ruin their reputations I used the wrong word.Now I know I said something about some of the more serious and more older actors in feather boas,not that I know a whole lot about the actors but I've read abit and it just seems-to me- that some of them-Elijah Wood for example-would dress up in pink feather boas and as for the &quot;tastfull rune&quot;WAKE UP!!!! <br> How many blikin people have you met that know what elf runes are?Practically none-unless you met a Tolkien freak-and there are lots of people that might think that the rune was a sign for a gang or something like that and forget the job thing,I was'nt thinking job or anything-well on the feather boa yes What if the media got a hold of a copy?that could get scary-I was thinking walking down to the store type of thing.<br> I just want to see the picture,so could someone point me in the right direction?Thanks<br> Sam<br> Ps.Lets not get hot or hasty or anything alright,I dont want an argument about something so stupid. <p></p>
Old 05-09-2001, 12:56 PM   #13
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooaaaa HOLD IT!!!!</b><br><br> Somehow I think that if any bikini girls ran into Elijah Wood on the beach, their first reaction would NOT be, &quot;Ew, what's that funny-looking tattoo on your forearm?&quot; (Oh, you didn't say bikini, I just read through too quickly.) Anyway, point still stands, most people would be too busy freaking out and gasping, &quot;It's <i> Elijah Wood</i>!&quot; to even notice the tattoo at first. <p><i>I do not know that we can have a heaven here on earth, but I am sure we need not have a hell here either. --Rich Mullins</i></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 03:11 PM   #14
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooaaaa HOLD IT!!!!</b><br><br> <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>
Old 05-09-2001, 05:20 PM   #15
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Are you sure Kay?</b><br><br> I mean most of my friends think Wood's ugly,but that's only what I hear and I dont know how California chicks would act if they saw him-I live in the middle of nowhere in Idaho-all I know is how my friends react,but I still want proof.I mean they might get a tattoo and then that would like really be really dumb and you know it would be so tacky if they did that. mom knock it off <p></p>
Old 05-10-2001, 12:01 PM   #16
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I just have to interject here! I have.....wait for it....TWO TATOOS!!!! Just some silly souveniers from college days. I have to admit that I have never experienced prejudice for having these little 'decorations'. If someone in the engiNERDing world (me) can sport a little permanent art, no one in Hollywood would even bat an eyelash. <br> <br> I find it intriguing, but not suprising, that their work in LOTR has meant that much to them to desire such a permanent reminder. I've been thinking of having one of mine redone and I'd LOVE to get an elvish rune or something of the like!<br> <br> Oh, and guess what else I have in my closet.... A pink feather boa!!! (bachelorette party gift) It hasn't ruined my reputation.....yet. <p>-amyrlis <Br>These are indeed strange days. Dreams and legends spring to life out of the grass. -Eomer</p>
Old 05-10-2001, 03:46 PM   #17
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR>All right enough all ready</b><br><br> That was just MY opinion forgive me for making it known:roll eyes.I just want the blinkin proof that's all,instead you guys have to argue about it.I did'nt want an argument I just wanted proof,so forgive me for doubting the word of someone I've never met! :"> ( <br> Sam &quot;I am&quot;is having a bad day <br> Ps.I seriously dont want an argument about such a menial thing,so someone give me the darn site address and I promise I wont go berserk,but beware if anyone does not heed my warning. <p></p>
Old 05-14-2001, 05:28 PM   #18
burrahobbit
Hidden Spirit

burrahobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Think.</b><br><br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> Lots of people have preducies against people with tattoos<hr></blockquote><br> Lots of people have &quot;preducies&quot; against homosexual atheists too, but that doesn't seem to have hurt McKellan's career. <p>What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?</p>
Old 05-17-2001, 06:54 PM   #19
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Whooooooooooooaaa</b><br><br> HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!What have I said in my last three posts?Or have'nt you read the whole thing?How many times do I have to say I dont want an argument about this?Seriously all I wanted was the site addy,but did you listen?NOOOOO you had to argue.Listen I have my opinion and no amount of arguing will change it,I still think that some of the actors would not get a tattoo so I WANT PROOF.Is that too much to ask?Does it take THAT much work?<br> Did you REALLY want to argue about this?Cant you find harder things to argue about,besides whether The movie Fellowship got Tattoos and pictures of them in pink feather boas?All I want is proof,nothing else.And please dont argue it's not worth it.<br> Sam is very very tired<br> Ps.Burra,What is it?It seems (to me anyway)that every time I say something ridiculous yoou have to say something about it six posts after I posted it,that (frankly) was closed when I said &quot;Ok it would'nt ruin their reputation I used the wrong word&quot;.Did you not see that?<br> Sam <p></p>
Old 05-18-2001, 06:43 AM   #20
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooooooooooaaa</b><br><br> Sam, <br> <br> No one is attacking you. We are simply refuting assertions, as is our wont. I have never seen the picture, I don't know for sure that it exists. It seems like a reasonable thing to exist however, so I don't doubt it's existence. If you do, however, you should get the proof you want. As I said, I don't have it. Perhaps someone else here does, perhaps not. If you heard it from someone here, ask them directly where they found it. If you heard it somewhere else, inquire after THAT source. <br> <br> The point is this, no one is set against you, just against assertions we disagree with. While it isn't you, per se, spending a few more minutes with your posts to check them for spelling, grammar, etc. might make your assertions more palatable. Just a suggestion, not an atack. <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>
Old 05-18-2001, 09:09 AM   #21
Telchar
Stonehearted Dwarf Smith

Telchar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooooooooooaaa</b><br><br> Damnit!!!! I've spend 2 hours on finding that picture for you Samvise... I got nothing!!!<br> <br> I just wanna state an opinion - this is not an attack on anybody and I dont wanny argue - just wanna state my own personal opinion:<br> <br> Anybody who judges an other person because he/her has a Tattoo - or for that matter - because of their race, color or religion - I DEEPLY RECENT!!!</b><br> <br> As allways - Cheers Telchar <p>Anar kaluva tielyanna!</p>
Old 05-18-2001, 11:18 PM   #22
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooooooooooaaa</b><br><br> Hmmmm.....I rather think liking/disliking tattoos is a personal thing. OF course, if you discriminate against a person on basis of that it's stupid. Whatever....<br> <br> Lemme bring this back on track. Look for that piccie everyone. I'm very, very intrigued about the tattoo. Hope it doesn't look like something out of 'Killer Skull Heads' gang. <p>Humour is emotional chaos remembered in moments of tranquility.</p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 09:36 AM   #23
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Now wait a minute.</b><br><br> First off,Did you get the impression that I had preducies against people with tattoos?Well if you did I'm sorry for that,and no I am not predjudice against people with tattoos(my big bro has one,actually TWO so there).<br> Thanks for trying Telchar,do you have an idea where I might find it?Hey wait idea,Tolkien Online has all these pictures of the movies and we could try to look there.Just an idea.<br> Sam<br> <p></p>
Old 05-24-2001, 12:53 PM   #24
Odysseus819
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Odysseus819 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Now wait a minute.</b><br><br> I just want to say that I think that all people with tattoos are preverts who engage in all sorts of preversions.<br> <br> <p>By practice taught, I have learned patience, having much endured By tempest and in battle both. Come then This evil also! I am well prepared.</p>
Odysseus819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 03:36 PM   #25
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Tatoos</b><br><br> There are tatoos, and there are tatoos. There are people with tatoos, and there are people with tatoos.<br> <br> A lady with a little butterfly or fairy on the hip or shoulder is fairly tastefull. An elven insignia should be quite artistic and tasteful (and may be removable).<br> <br> As far as pink boas....these really are Actors after all.<br> Even Sir Ian has to play the part given him. A pink boa is nothing, just something to keep people in good humor.<br> Some will have to live down the type casting of hairy feet. I don't recall seeing &quot;Luke Skywalker&quot; (Mark) in anything interesting in the last 5 years, and he has no pictures of tatoos, boas or anything else that I know of. <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 11:41 PM   #26
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> I think that it is cool. It shows how much they care about there work with the movie. But thing about it.. If you had spent 2 years of your life almost always doing one thing, you would have had to have had your heart in the work. This shows it. <br> <br> btw.. The actor who plays Saruman met JRRT. I just thought that was interesting. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 06:38 PM   #27
SteadfastSam
Seeker of Light

SteadfastSam has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Whooooooooooooaaa</b><br><br> hmmm... I just saw that article about the tattoo things while I was waiting to give pherisis today... <p>"Good Morning!" said the dragon. "You seem surprised."<BR>"Good Morning! said Farmer Giles. "I am that!" <BR><i>Farmer Giles of Ham </i></p>
SteadfastSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 04:35 PM   #28
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Ring

<BR> Where where?</b><br><br> Please tell me where Sam, I need to see this. A picture would be better but I guess an article will have to do?<br> The other Sam <br> Ps. Hey you stole the picture I was gonna use, oh no wait that was the wrong one I was going to use the cast picture, Sorry. <p> Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.</p>