The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #41
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Boots

Don't get me wrong, going with Frodo and Sam would be equally admirable and, uh, niiice as well, if instead off trudging off after Gollum I would get to stay with Faramir.
"Well, Frodo and Sam have their hands full with the Ring, but as for me, I can make you a nice cup of tea, Faramir, son of Denethor. And say, there's a lovely view here at Henneth Annun, with a little bit of decorating..."
Eowyn who? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
In all seriousness, when I think about it, providing Frodo and Sam with some comfort on their journey, telling them bed-time stories, cheering them up with games of charades (I am very good at charades) and impressions of Gollum would make for a noble quest indeed.
Humph, I just realized that I am making myself out to be a Middle-Earth nanny/jester. Ok, nah, Faramir or no Faramir, pursuing the Uruk-Hai suits my image better.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:00 PM   #42
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Per Lush:
Quote:
In all seriousness, when I think about it, providing Frodo and Sam with some comfort on their journey, telling them bed-time stories,
But this DOES sound like me. I wouldn't mind taking that role in all honesty.
Quote:
"Eavesdropping!", cried the wizard. "To punish you properly for listening, you shall go away with Frodo."
"Me Sir!", cried Sam. "Me go and see Elves and all! Hooray! "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #43
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hey! Now that I got my shallowness out of my system with the other post: the real reason I would go with the three is that I found their adventures to just be more fun. Also: I would not want to be with Gollum for anything: I may accidentally get mad and kill him or something.

Also, Sam and Frodo's journey strengthened the bond between them, and I would not want to ruin that for the world.
Old 03-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #44
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Boots

Hahahahaha, I guess the bond between Legolas and Gimli, on the other hand, may easily be ruined! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 04:43 PM   #45
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

If I was in Middle Earth, I prob. wouldn't be w/ the fellowship b/c I wouldn't be able to keep up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 04:57 PM   #46
Shadowfax Clawson
Pile O'Bones

Shadowfax Clawson has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Shadowfax Clawson
Shield

As it were, I am a fine horse of Rohan, so I'm sure I would be much more useful to Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Of course, what ever would Gandalf do without me...nay, I'd be contently cropping grass and too distracted to notice the battle [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2002, 05:04 PM   #47
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Hullo Nevfeniel, and to you too, Shadowfax!
Say, Shadowfax, you wouldn't have happened to come across Bill in your travels, would you? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
QUOTE]Sam eased the pack on his shoulders, and went over anxiously in his mind all the things which were stowed in it: his chief treasure, his cooking gear; and the little box of salt that he always carried and refilled when he could; woolen hose; linen; various small belongings of his master's that Frodo had forgotten and Sam had stowed to bring them all out in triumph when they were called for. He went through them all. [/QUOTE]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 10:19 AM   #48
pippin_took0
Haunting Spirit

pippin_took0 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not knowing what was going to happen, I would go off and fight the Uruk-hai, and probably get captured with Pippin and Merry. I know this sounds weird, but that's what I would choose to do. But my second choice would be to go with Aragorn & co.
pippin_took0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 03:36 AM   #49
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would go with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, because I find the Frodo-Sam storylibne kind of boring. Chasing Uruk-hai and visiting Isenguard would be much more fun! Then I would go to Minas Tirith, perhaps I could help Denethor along by just setting fire to him as soon as I arrived "burn you nasty old man, how dare you be mean to Faramir!"
Old 04-03-2002, 09:22 AM   #50
Nice-Smeagol
Animated Skeleton

Nice-Smeagol has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I would stay by the boats. Then when Frodo and Sam come I can leap out of the boat kill them, take the ring and run after Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. As they run on I would put on the ring, stab them in the back and take all their stuff. Then I could go to Orthnac kill Sauruman, and disguise myself as him, and command all the Orcs to do my bidding.
Two problems, the Nazgul,
(Me: Oh no, here come the Nazgul.
Puts on ring.
Me: Hehehehehe, they'll never find me now.
Leader points at me
Me: Oh.... oh, this yeah you can have it. I don't want it.)

and the fact that it would completely mess up the story.

I'm evil I know, but hey, who's gonna stop me! Bwahahahahahahaha!
Nice-Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #51
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Is the pub not an option?

Everything seemed to turn out for the best in the end, so I really shouldn't get involved. A good pint of Elvish bitter would go down very well. (!)

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2002, 05:26 PM   #52
Lhunbelethiel
Wight

Lhunbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmmm, if I couldn't just go HOME, I'd go with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli because I am A BIG WEENIE and would want to be protected by them. Sam and Frodo, while brave, don't have the physical prowess to make me feel safe enough.