The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #1
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Question Who is this?

Hey everybody!<P>I have a question: see this pic: <A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/orig/8540_orig.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Who is it?</A><BR>See that guy who is standing to the left of Aragorn? Who is that? It must be at least a bit of a major character, being shown likes this, with all the other majors. And it’s from TT. Will it be in the EE? Or is it something they cut beforehand? But then it wouldn’t be on an official thingy (what’s it called anyway?) now would it? Does any of you have any ideas? Oh, and it isn't Faramir, right? I'm really confused, and I need to know! <P>Thanks a whole lot!<P>Navaer! <P>Aethelwine.<p>[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Aethelwine ]
Old 10-10-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This picture is strange indeed. I cannot think of who it may be, or whether this person actually appears in Return of the King. My best guess is that it is Imrahil.<P>Edit: I realized that in your post you said that it was from The Two Towers. I think perhaps it is the person who was initially intended to play Eomer, though this is just a guess. I can think of no other logical explanation.<p>[ October 10, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]
Old 10-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
Aethelwine
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>This picture is strange indeed. I cannot think of who it may be, or whether this person actually appears in Return of the King. My best guess is that it is Imrahil.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No worries. I had the same problem to. I also thought it's from ROTK, until I saw 'The Two Towers' on it. Imagine my suprise... <P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #4
Eurytus
Wight

Eurytus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maybe at the time this photo was taken they had not decided where each film would start and finish. If so it could still portray someone from ROTK. I would love it to be Imrahil but if it were it would look nothing like I imagine him, given that he is a knight.<P>Since the guy has a bow, could it be Halbarad?

Lionel Hutz
Eurytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
Aethelwine
Wight

Sting

Perhaps Eurytus, but as far as I know, and heard, the rangers aren't going to be in ROTK... <P>And that being Imrahil, I don't know... It doesn't look like to Imrahil to me. He should be more kingly!<P>Does anybody of you know if they had another actor for Faramir in the beginning. Seeing that this guy is in some kind of ranger outfit (I think), I could be an early shot of him...<P>Just guessing...<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:22 PM   #6
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

It looks like another ranger whoever it is.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 02:26 PM   #7
Aethelwine
Wight

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It looks like another ranger whoever it is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But if he was, then he wouldn't be with the major characters, now would he? Wouldn't it be more logical to put Faramir, or Eomer, Eowyn perhaps, there, not just 'any ranger'?<P>So many questions, so little answers. Life's not fair! *sigh*<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:34 PM   #8
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Eye

I've seen that pic before too, and wondered who it was. I'm glad it's not just me! I do think he looks like another ranger, and maybe he is in RotK. I can't think of any other explanation. Or maybe we'll see him in TTT EE? Hopefully, so we can find out who he is!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #9
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Hm, most strange indeed! <BR>The picture can't be in TTT at all, because there is Frodo together with Gandalf the White and the others! But Frodo doesn't meet them again before the field of Cormallen!!
Old 10-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #10
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw that standup in a store. I inspected it closely, and decided it looked like a paste up....the actors were not standing together for this shot. I could only conclude the guy is nobody. nobody I knew at least!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Uh...is it just me, or does Merry look just a titch strange in that picture?
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:42 PM   #12
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

kittygirl02 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittygirl02
Sting

No, it's not just you, he looks like a deranged version of *gasp*Sam!<BR>Oh, my poor husband.

I may be different, but differences don't make you special.It's what you do with your differences that make you special.
kittygirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:19 PM   #13
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Could it be that some random fan just pasted themselves in costume just for the fun of it?<P>That is really wierd.<P>Is that Ethan Hawke? He was originally cast as Faramir, I think.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #14
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Now that you mention it, Oddwen, it does look a bit like Ethan Hawke. Though, I'm sure if that's actually him... <P>Notice that uhh, whatever it is, that says Christ in Youth with a big yellow star. There's a date on there also, if anyone can read it...
Old 10-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #15
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Beats, me. But look at the <A HREF="http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/orig/" TARGET=_blank>cool pix</A> you get when you try to trace back the link to the mysterious poster.<P>So how come The One Ring Net doesn't explain the origin of that picture?
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:11 AM   #16
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I have never seen that picture before, and I have not a bit of an idea about who that is. But it is a very odd picture indeed.<P>Aethelwine is that picture from your house?<P>And Additionally, where exactly did they place those standees? Were they in theaters?<P>It could be a random ranger though, but I have no idea about why they would put a random person next to the main charaters in advertising Very weird
Old 10-11-2003, 08:08 AM   #17
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Could it have been Beregond in "civilian clothes"? After all, he was a wee bit of a major character, at least he was in the book, so perhaps they put him in there. Or *gasp* PJ could have aged Bergil into a Ranger of Ithilien, and still have had him befriend Pippin.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:31 AM   #18
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It kind of looked like the first (younger) Aragorn to me. Both Aragorns.. That'd be dumb! Who?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #19
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It could be Beregond, but I prefer the idea that it is Halbarad. It looks more like a Halbarad.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:09 AM   #20
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

Sting

It looks kind of like the guy(I forgot his name)who play Eomar without hie makeup and costume on. Same natural haircolor and everything.

I may be different, but differences don't make you special.It's what you do with your differences that make you special.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #21
Aethelwine
Wight

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aethelwine is that picture from your house? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wish it was. But it isn't. I saw it on the net once, and I wondered ever since who it is.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It looks kind of like the guy(I forgot his name)who play Eomar without hie makeup and costume on. Same natural haircolor and everything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Perhaps. Now that you mention it, he does look like Karl Urban a bit. But why in middle-earth would PJ stik the horse-master, third marshall of the Riddermark, in a ranger-outfit?! That doesn't make sense!<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #22
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Quote:
It looks kind of like the guy(I forgot his name)who play Eomar without hie makeup and costume on.
First, his name is Karl Urban. Second, I don't think so... the face of the guy in the pic is too skinny or something.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 01-12-2006 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Sweeping party...
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 12:11 PM   #23
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would never say that was Karl Urban.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:20 PM   #24
Aethelwine
Wight

Sting

I took another good look at him, and I agree, Meela. That is NOT Karl Urban. No sir!<P>Any other ideas?<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #25
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Oh, good point. I'm being hasty as treebeard would say.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:17 PM   #26
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, whoever he is, he's a hottie! Anyway, I think they wouldn't make posters of an actor unless the makers absolutly knew that that actor would be in TTT. Maybe we'll see him in EE TTT. *shrugs*<BR>See you later! <BR>~M
Old 10-11-2003, 05:18 PM   #27
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

That pic is from a Wal-Mart TTT DVD promotion where the fans could "be in the movie" - it was for taking pictures... so that person is no one... he is not in the movie...<BR>The story was posted at TORn weeks ago.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:03 PM   #28
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Did you have to burst our bubble like that?!?! I was actually looking forward to drooling over that particular lad during RotK!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:46 AM   #29
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, because if Tigerlily hadn't said it, I would have. <p>[ October 12, 2003: Message edited by: Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 ]
Old 10-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #30
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Sorry <BR>Well, now you'll just have to figure out what Wal-Mart that was at and go look for him
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:39 AM   #31
Aethelwine
Wight

LOL!<P>Well, that's solved! To bad he's not going to be in the movie though... *sigh* I agree with you, <B>Morquesse</B>! <P>Thanks all of you for your help!<P>Navaer!<P>Aethelwine.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:00 PM   #32
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It looks kind of like a deranged picture of Faramir... but then agai it also looks kind of like my uncle *shivers* who knows...