The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #41
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
This is my 2,000th post. Go me.
Shouldn't this go in one of those "You know you're addicted to..." threads? It's Thanksgiving and you are an American and you are celebrating your 2,000th post? That's brilliant!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #42
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

I'm doing a Brinn and dedicating this post for reaching 5,000 posts. And I will go to sleep right after writing this so I won't be tempted to break my nice even number right after reaching it.

5,000 posts is quite a lot. Not that much for my almost four years here, of course - seemingly 3.46 posts per day. But that is actually quite a lot since I wasn't too active as a newbie, and there have always been holiday periods when I haven't posted anything for even weeks.

This makes me feel rather mummified, though. I mean, one could start questioning her degree of no-lifeishness after reaching such a number.

But I'm still happy to have reached such an impressive post count and I hope that some day, I will have doubled that number and reached 10,000.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #43
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
2.57 posts per day. . .

It is not very much if you consider how active I was as a newbie, I had an extreme post count in my first 6 months. Anyways I have had many periods where I have not posted for months and I guess it shows, i am 2000 posts behind Lommy!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Shouldn't this go in one of those "You know you're addicted to..." threads? It's Thanksgiving and you are an American and you are celebrating your 2,000th post? That's brilliant!
Indeed. My 2,000 posts must be one of the many things I am thankful for.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 AM   #45
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
So, the 6,666 post has been written - and it was a moderating post. It had to be done - sorry, folks. I promise I will make an effort to post something interesting soon.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #46
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
So, the 6,666 post has been written - and it was a moderating post. It had to be done - sorry, folks. I promise I will make an effort to post something interesting soon.
pfft, Esty, a likely excuse! You could have left it for Ulmo to do and saved the milestone post for the next installment of, oh, I don't know, maybe something mildly interesting like REB III or a report about the book on music in Tolkien, the deadline for submission of which must be right around now.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #47
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have 900 posts here! This is my 901st! It took me 7 and a half years!

I have almost 20,000 at another forum. It was traditional to post a new thread rife with smilies, positively overrun with them, often arranged in a decorative pattern. But milestones are like birthdays: after a while it (you) gets old and you wonder if having made so many posts is a GOOD thing, or whether it's a sign of the absence of (what do they call it?) life...
Old 12-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #48
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nooo! I forgot my 1234th post!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #49
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Someone call emergency services, because I have 999 posts! Forgive the lame joke; I'm just excited.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #50
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

4000 posts. A nice landmark to reach, and there could be only one thread on which to make said post: The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #51
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
1500. Not too good, but I noticed.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #52
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
1500. Not too good, but I noticed.
This is more than 500 posts ahead of me, and you have been a member less time than I. This makes me sad, that I have more of a life than others...
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #53
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
This is more than 500 posts ahead of me, and you have been a member less time than I. This makes me sad, that I have more of a life than others...
Are you saying that many Downers don't have lives?

All Downers have lives, it's just that some coincide more with the Downs than others...
Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #54
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Oh no, post 2K is fast approaching! The 'downs will crash! The world's economy will collapse....! Oh yeah - too late.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #55
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Are you saying that many Downers don't have lives?

All Downers have lives, it's just that some coincide more with the Downs than others...
No, actually I was complaining that I can only get on the Downs during my study hall at school, until they catch me.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #56
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I think I'll savor my 999th post before I am fully integrated into the 'Downer matrix. Perhaps I'll go argue with davem.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #57
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmmm...I don't feel any different at 1000.

Perhaps it's like ingesting mescaline or mushrooms, and it takes a half hour or thereabouts to feel the effects...or so I've heard.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 AM   #58
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I just passed my 2000th. I don't really feel any different.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 AM   #59
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I do save my Nth posts for cool stuff, then I forget about it and suddenly I've missed it...

then again EVERY Post I do is important especially such brilliant post of the past including this chest nut:

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...postcount=7482
Old 06-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #60
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Epic fail.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #61
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Epic fail.
Mine also disappeared into the endless realm of that game.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #62
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I watch my count with a hawk's eye!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #63
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Well my counts not nearly as good as any of your's but I am quite proud of myself for finally reaching 50 posts. Especially since I spent my first few months too terrified of making a fool of myself to actually post anything.

Now to see if I can make 50 more before school starts again, and I am crushed under the weight of Pre-Cal, Bio II/Chem II, College Credit U.S. history, and AP English. Can somebody explain why I thought this would be a good schedule?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #64
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Epic fail.
My 1000th snuck in on me in my first WW game.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 AM   #65
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Geez, now I feel so small and insignificant, with my tiny post count... Of course, the 100th is fast approaching, and this is the longest I've ever stayed on any forum. *cries tears of pride*
Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #66
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
Geez, now I feel so small and insignificant, with my tiny post count... Of course, the 100th is fast approaching, and this is the longest I've ever stayed on any forum. *cries tears of pride*
I remember that I made my first 100 posts in a matter of a week and a half, but a tiny post count doesn't always mean you're no good. There are many BDers that make wonderful posts and have really high reputation and they have less than 600 posts.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #67
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well said sir, A good portion of my posts are guesses in quiz threads as well as plantir of fortune... so take it as you will. Of course we all have great posts but sometimes a higher count simply means a addiction, as I recall I once spent 27 hours straight on the forum 74 posts that period alone....ahhh summer vacation of high school how I miss thee
Old 07-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #68
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Oh no! I missed my 2222nd post. I had been waiting for that...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #69
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My birth year quickly approaches!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #70
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I'm posting just to see what post I'm up to, since I haven't been in awhile....

EDIT: wow! I'm surprised I'm passed 1,000. O'course now I have to go back and see what lame thing I wrote in my 1000th post

EDIT again: Just as I suspected, nothing special....a reply to who should play Beorn in The Hobbit.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 09-28-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #71
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Oh, I missed my 1500th post!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #72
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Great to see you around, Holby.

As for me, I guess my next interesting one is 6543 or 6666.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #73
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I present to you all, this, my 2,000 post! *Fan Fare Music* What a glorious time I've had posting these 2,000 Posts and hope to get much much more
Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #74
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Just so I don't miss it, here's #500! Didn't think it would come so soon... well, thanks to the Quiz Room and Werewolf.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #75
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Almost to 1600! I love the Downs!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #76
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I look forward to reaching the next biggie with my post count, and I actually caught them in time in my first thousand or so, but now my trend is to remember until about 20 posts before, forget about it when the time comes, and remember again some 20 posts after. nd I am too lazy to go back and count the posts just to make a note in the end saying it's my n-th.

I recently missed my 4444, a post which I meant to post on this thread. I hope I remember to catch my 5000, but even more importantly, my 5555.

ETA: just realized I have a gross of reps! Good thing I didn't miss this one at least!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-18-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #77
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoleather View Post
Although still not something came my way after a while, does not necessarily result to achieve this noble figures.
I've read your sentence a few times. Sense not still make grammatically of speaking.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #78
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There is a vague sense that there might be some profundity in there if you ran it through Googletranslate a few times... but the screen name suggests Spam.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #79
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
There is a vague sense that there might be some profundity in there if you ran it through Googletranslate a few times... but the screen name suggests Spam.
Even spammers have angst. Sometimes so much they forget to advertise their product.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #80
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Infoleather? That seems to be a perfectly legitimate Tolkienesque moniker. If Tolkien worked on the Internet. For a hotel chain. In an Asiatic country. And spoke English as a second language.