Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #2761
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

~*~ GREEN DRAGON INN FACTS ~*~

The Green Dragon Inn is located in Bywater, just off the Great East-West Road.

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is: Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

Vinca Bunce, widowed, Inn Cook (character played by Piosenniel)

Derufin, General handyman/jack-of-all-trades round the Inn; Man from southwestern Gondor (played by Envinyatar) - AWAY AT PRESENT

Zimzi (Zimziran), wife to Derufin; a skilled potter from Lindon(played by Pio) - AWAY AT PRESENT

Meri - Stablemaster

Tim Woodlock - Stableboy; Wren - his younger sister: humans, originally from Breeland (characters played by Folwren)

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff from Bywater and Postmaster for this area of the Shire; his pony’s name is Dumpling.

Please Note:

No 'SAVES' are allowed in the Inn (except for modifications needed to be made by the Moderators or Innkeeper).

With the exception of the Innkeeper and the Moderators, no OOC (Out Of Character) comments are allowed in the Inn.

Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.

Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

No violence is allowed in the Inn or on Inn grounds.

Please be familiar with the rules for the Inn and Games in The Red Book of Westmarch, the first topic in the Shire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Elves in Shire RPG's:

Please use this description from Tolkien when crafting an Elf:

Return of the King – Appendix F: Tolkien’s description for the Quendi (The Speakers) – the name given to the Elves by themselves after they first awoke in Middle-earth.

“They were a race high and beautiful, the older Children of the world, and among them the Eldar were as Kings, who now are gone: the People of the Great Journey, the People of the Stars. They were tall, fair of skin and grey-eyed, though their locks were dark, save in the golden house of Finrod; and their voices had more melodies than any mortal voice that is now heard . . .”

Please use this as a guideline for describing your Elven character’s appearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONE

Please be familiar with The Red Book of Westmarch which gives the rules for posting in the Shire RPG's and in The Green Dragon Inn.

Thanks!

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-09-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #2762
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

TIME OF DAY

It is now a fair night in the Shire; the stars are out.

There is a large party in the Inn's front yard - tables are loaded with food, desserts, drinks. Several barrels of ale have been tapped, compliments of one of the Hobbit brewmasters.

There are tables and benches scattered over the front lawn. Twinkling little lanterns hang from the trees. To one side of the verandah there is a little stage set up for the musicians and a large area cleared for dancing.

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-09-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #2763
Dairym
Pile O'Bones

Dairym has just left Hobbiton.
Heather

Heather laughed. “These are hardly foreign roads. The Shirelings can be queer folk, to be sure, and their speech is odd, but they’re the same breed as our dear old Underhills and Haygirdles and all the little folk back home. As for traveling alone…” Heather shrugged, setting down her empty mug. “I came alone because only I had reason to come.”

It was her own journey, after all. She was choosing her own roads and making her way without direction from man or hobbit; it made a thrilling change from ordinary life. She had already seen more people and heard stranger tales than the plain farmgirl from Further Chetwood had ever imagined.

Last edited by Dairym; 04-18-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #2764
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Fáinu bore on his left shoulder a small knife wound that Cree had made. He had said nothing to her of it, knowing that he himself had done worse things in his life, and even to closer family. He shuddered and sighed heavily. "The journey to Rivendel was hard. Not that there was peril, but that we passed by Thranduil's halls, where Cree had spent a lot of her time, as well I knew. But the elves were reluctant to welcome me, some, perhaps, blaming me for the coming of the Dragon. I know not the councils of my kindred elves. I think I have been away from them for too long. Too long."

His eyes drifted to the window, and he looked out west towards the sea. "The sea," he whispered, "not even thou shalt receive me. Not even if I called upon Ulmo himself and called him Lord." Avalon leaped up onto the window ledge, as if to awaken Fáinu from this trance he had put himself into.

"Yea, as we went through that land, ever my heart was heavy, for Cree grew weaker and more faint as we walked. Elrond alone could have helped us, so I deemed, but he is gone. Ellodan and Elrohir were the only hope I held still. We passed swiftly over the Mountains, even though the cold seemed to make Cree all the worse and we nearly lost her on several occasions.

"But Eru was merciful and we came to that valley with great joy! There we laied Cree under the care of Ellodan and Elrohir and i took such a rest as I had not had in long years, even as the Eldar account it. For that valley was my home, as I deemed it. Yet, I was visited by an Elf whose name was Arantâl, and he spoke to me concerning Cree, saying, 'Why do you linger here, awaiting her?'

"To which I answered, 'what can one do when his friend is in peril?'

"'You would do her more good by departing,' said he, 'if what I have heard of your quest is true, then it is your fate that makes her weak. The curse that lies upon you is passed to those who are around you, and she herself has a Dragon curse, and you have two. What ship will bare such a cursed one away? I know not. But Cirdan may have one or two.'

"'I cannot leave so hastily,' said I, 'I must seek out my brothers and then visit the grave of my parents. Not until I have done this will I seek for Aman.' then Arantâl grew sorrowful,

"'I must tell you something most grave,' he sighed and looked me in the eyes, 'your brothers are dead and are buried here in imladris. They fell fighting Orcs in the mountains. Your father and mother have no grave, but they are remembered here. I will show you to them.' When we came to that place, I could do nought but weep. I know not how long I was there, but I remember the Elves had written a song on the grave of my Mother:

"Throughout all the long ages that there have been
Seldom have stars been veiled or the moon unseen
Over the wide fields of sparking, golden Grass
Like the falling of crystal rain on silver glass
No more your laughter be heard for thou art free
Ever remembered, ever loved, dearest Lanté

"The Lords of Noldor, never have fled in fight
The House of Hélath ever stood tall with might
Arda will weep and ring out its fair horns
The tree will lament, the wide grassland morns
By the rivers, by the grass and by the Tree
Ever remembered, ever loved, dearest Lanté

"For Lanté was the name the Elves of Rivendel had given to her. I know not why, but ever it brings my heart joy. Hélath was the greatest of my kindred of old; I believe he fought in the War of Wrath.

"So, after this, I took my leave of Rivendel. Wondering if I should ever see it again. Yet I know now that I must ever linger here in this world, until I tire of ten thousand centuries and fade as a forgotten one. Perhaps I shall come to Mandos and see again my kindred. Who can say?"
Old 04-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #2765
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Ferumbras Whitfoot

Ferry trotted down the road at a quick pace, as he was late for the party. He could hear the music from the inn already, and he cursed under his breath that he had taken too long a nap. But after unpacking from the move, he was fairly tired.

He rounded a turn and the Green Dragon Inn came into sight. His eyes brightened and his heart warmed at the sight of tables full of food and ale a plenty. Ferry noticed that there were several elves and men at the inn as well as hobbits. Ah, it's a sign of a good inn when several other races travel the road to it, no matter how far away from home it may be from them.

Ferry's smile was ear to ear, as he neared the festivities.

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 04-14-2006, 12:34 AM   #2766
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
He only left Rivendel to save my life??? Cree was a little stunned by Fáinu's words. All any one had ever done for her was cast her away into the mist to be forgotten with the sands of time. "Fáinu you'll always have me. You should know that." Cree had to keep from placing her hand on Fáinu's shoulder. She wasn't sure what he would have done. Fáinu had always been there for her and now was her turn to repay the loyalty. Cree could feel Avalon staring at her. "Yes Avalon I will now tell you of my struggle. I had thought I was only asleep stuck in a nightmare that was worse than the dragon itself. For some reason I was back in Eryn Lasgalen. My father was talking to a strange man. I had never seen him before, but his eyes were something I will never forget." Cree closed her eyes only to see the cold eyes of the stranger.

"It seemed only like a dream but the more time passed the more I began to realize this dream was actually memories. You see my father was a well loved elf. Everyone it seemed loved him, he nevered turned down a friend when they needed aid. Any way back to what I was talking about." Cree couldn't help but pause. Instead of fighting back anger this time she was fighting back tears.

"I had always wanted to know the truth about my father's death. Who was the person that killed him in cold blood? I know now that the person I have unknowingly hated all this time was the person I saw everytime I looked in a mirror. The person I was searching for was looking at me when I looked in the near by river. How could a person do something so horrible and not remember doing it? Evidently my "spells" was my mind trying to forget the memories of that night." Avalon could no longer hear the joy in Cree's voice. Cree's words suddenly seemed hollow.

I was hiding in the nearby bushes. I didn't know who the man was. Father had told me to stay at the house but I refused to listen. I was young and naive. My eyes were playing tricks on me. One moment my father would be standing with his back to me the next thing I knew him and the stranger had swapped places. Swords were drawn... All I had was my bow... "FATHER WATCH OUT!!!" "What have I done?" Cree seemed distanced almost like she was at the inn but not really there. Cree appeared to be looking at Fáinu but instead was looking past him at the window.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #2767
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
"Where is the once joyful song of the elves?" murmured Fáinu, "While the men wander and the Dwarf delves. We long for the joy we had in ages past, seeking to come to Valinor at the last. But what ship would bear such as us, Cree? All I have done is lost, even onto thee." His voice trailed off and he looked longingly to the west. "The sea." he whispered again.

He shook his head and looked Cree in the eyes, "I see that this business with your father has deeply heart you," he said, "Perhaps you cannot feel free until you tell of all you can recall. I see that you have chains upon your mind that prevent thee from seeing the whole truth. You may break these bonds, if you wish, for you have set these bonds yourself, but I say onto you, if you seek those deep memories, it may be what you do not wish to hear." Fáinu, it seemed, had guessed the truth of Cree’s past. He had seen it in her eyes when they first met, a deep founded fear, or was it a feeling of guilt? He knew not, and had not perused it.

Fáinu looked out at the party on the front garden and smiled, "See, the Hobbits are a happy breed of folk! I wish I could know their joy. They know not the trials of the world and can dance and sing while the world falls about them. There could be war and death all about and they would still talk of ale and food. Woe to the Eldar, who know nought but suffering in the long years of Middle Earth."
Old 04-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #2768
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
"I'm fine. Now, would you please get out of my way!?" the Hobbit said rather rudely and he pushed his way past Gróin. "And here I thought that everyone in this country was nice and gentle like Lily. How very wrong I was..." he thought to himself as he made his way to the counter to check into a room for the night.

After getting his room number and key, he head along the dark passage to his room, still lost in thought. "That voice that I heard down at the Inn door. Could if have been Sarin? I'm so terribly confused. I really need to rest. After being on the road for so long, I deserve a rest. I think I'll stay here for a few days... Ahh! Here it is," he said as he reached his room. He put the key in the lock, unlocked the door and stepped into his room. It was like any other Hobbit room: Low roof (well, high for a Hobbit and Dwarf), circular window with green shutters, a cozy little bed, a bedside table with a candle and a fireplace. "Perfect!" Gróin said out loud. "Just the thing I need to relax." He stepped into his room and closed the door behind him. He lit the candle with the flint he carried around in his haversack and closed the shutter on the window. He made his way to the bed and sat on the edge, taking off his boots as he did. He slid into and thought "I wonder if she really is here? If she is, I'm definetly going to try and find her. I haven't seen her for so long and I really wish I..." and dozed off.

Last edited by Glirdan; 04-18-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #2769
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
It really surprised Tilionwen to find that she felt neither any recurring pain nor envy as she listened to Astilwen. All she could see was the blooming happiness in her friend's face, and that was more than enough to swallow any vestige of self-centered emotion she might possibly have. It was a pleasant sight, and one Tilionwen would do anything for if only she could keep it that way...

She was not sure if she was merely seeing things, but Tilionwen could bet that there was a hint of a blush on Astilwen's face earlier. It seemed to her an odd reaction to such innocent queries as hers were, and it made her feel unexplainably curious. So did she tell the hobbit through her eyes, but she missed it - or at least she pretended to. She had let it pass for that moment, not wanting to offend her, but this time -

You've already told her so much! Even if it were ethically wrong, you have the right.

That blush, that evasion - they had to be there for a reason. And whatever it is, you should respect it.

And so the debate went on inside her, until Tilionwen noticed that Astilwen was looking at her oddly. They had both fallen silent. With a reluctant wave of a white flag the two other voices soon followed suit.

"But you didn't answer me completely," Tilionwen finally said. She smiled sweetly, innocently, at Astilwen, and let her prodding eyes speak for themselves. Perhaps this time she'll get the message.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 04-17-2006 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #2770
Diamond North Took

Leaf

Diamond was walking towards the Green Dragon inn she was new in this part of the Shire her own village was miles away from here it was in the north farthing but she was staying over with her aunt and uncle who were living in hobbiton her aunt told her to visit the inn to meet some new friends and so she did and left after dinner

She stepped inside with a smile on her face hoping it was nice here
she noticed several hobbits and a couple of elves seated on chairs ore dancing and drinking she grinned a little at the sight of that and walked towards the inn keeper she was a but thirsty and a nice cup of tea was what she was needing right now while walking she looked around her and saw many visitors looking at her strangely but she ignored the looks and walked towards the inn keeper and asked for her cup of tea. Hello miss may I have a cup of tea please and she waited

Last edited by Diamond North Took; 04-18-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #2771
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia Harrison has just left Hobbiton.
A fair woman walked into the Inn, looking for rest and companionship after her long and weary journey. She wore a light blue cloak with the hood up in order to conceal her fair skin. She pulled the cloak down revealing soft red hair that cascaded from the release of the binding hood.

At her side she wore a sword. Simple, yet elegant. If someone was to inspect it more closely they would see that it had been used. Very used. The thought wasn't even a chilling one to the woman any more. She had seen her share of battle and wasn't afraid of it. Not any more, at least. She had been once. The day they had killed her father had changed that fear. Her thirst for vengenance created a pit of only death and blackness in her soul.

She had found the man and had sentenced him to his punishment, death by her sword. He had put up a fight, but he had underestimated her vast knowledge of swordmanship. With her mission in life done all that was left was go home. Yet, she just couldn't do it. She couldn't face her mother. Especially since she had left against her mother's wishes. She knew her mother would be worried about her, but there was something that she needed to learn - about herself and the world. That experience wasn't going to come from learning proper lady like manners. The only way she could learn what she desired to was to become a wanderer - a traveller. It was her vocation somehow.

Her soft leather boots made no sound as she crossed the wooden floor to an empty table in the corner. She sat down in the worn wooden chair and looked down at her hands. The scar from the battle shone angrily up at her, reminding her of what had happened on that day.

She loosened the cloak, finally allowing herself some kind of comfort. She stretched, trying to loosen the tension from her aching shoulders.

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 04-19-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #2772
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Somewhat Joyous Return

Crystal Heart walked into the Inn that she had been in so very long ago. She sighed contently. There was something about this place that she just loved so dearly. She had met so many people that she had come to call as friends. So much had happened and now she was moving to the Shire. Permanently. The thought still amazed her.

She had lost everything. Her husband, her child, and even her soul. She had gone back to Rohan to live out her life with Arty, but nothing had turned out as she had always dreamed.

Arthur had caught a horrid wasting illness that no one could stop. His family had ensured that she stay away from him, for fear that the child that was growing in her would catch the illness. The precaution hadn't been necessary. At her daughter's birth they found that she was already dead, followed by her father.

She had nearly lost her mind then, but she had carried on. She had sold everything that wasn't precious to her. She had kept a few things and had decided to return to the Shire that she had come to love. Her in laws had wanted her to stay in Rohan, but she just couldn't. There was too much of Arty there.

She walked over to the bar and sat down.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 04-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #2773
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

She noticed a woman of amazing beauty walked into the Inn as if she owned it. It was odd to see a human walk into an Inn so close to the Shire in such a fashion.

There was something beyond her dominanting stride that she thought that she had seen once before.

Could it be? Was it really she? Was that the woman that had fled Rohan in a blaze of pain?

She got up and went over to the bar. She sat down quietly in the chair next to the woman, turning slightly to look at her.

Yes, this was the woman that she had seen running away. She turned to the bartender.

"Finally done running Crystal?"

Last edited by Cordelia Harrison; 04-19-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #2774
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal looked over at the young woman that had talked to her. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she realized who it was. How had she found her?!

Thoughts wheeled through her head about the last time they had spoken. The memories flooded her minds eye like a raging river. Each memory was more violent than the last.

She knew that the woman had seen her. She had looked right at her. She sighed inwardly at the prospect of what could be said.

"I wasn't running. You know that Cordelia. Or have you forgotten?" Crystal asked her pointedly. Her green eyes asking a deeper question.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 04-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #2775
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

"I have selective memories, Crystal. You know how I feel about you. Don't make me duel it out here in the Shire. I swear that I will win the battle," Cordelia threatened, narrowing her soft blue eyes to slits.

Her fingers twitched painfully upon the countertop as if wanting to reach for her sword. There was only one thing stopping her. A vow that she had made to a man that she had held dear and to an unborn child that would have been hers.

"You killed him. You took away the child. You were the reason and I swear that if you ever step out of line once again I will be there to stop you. Mark my words, Crystal Heart. You will not do the same thing that you did to Arthur."
Old 04-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #2776
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"How many times do we have to go through this! Arthur came down with a strange illness. No one knew what it was. And the child was dead before it was born. I didn't kill it. I loved Mandra. She was my daughter!"

Crystal swiped at the tears that were starting to gather in her eyes. Memories of seeing her beautiful little girl dead haunted her every thought and movement. Then having to explain to Arthur that their child, whom he hadn't seen be born, had died in her womb was one of the hardest things that she had ever encountered.

"Arthur and I loved each other. Mandra was the proof of our love. She died long before her birth. How can you think that I would want to kill the one man I have ever loved and the child I was carrying? Couldn't you see how it had pushed me over the edge? I know he was your brother and that Mandra would have been your neice. I know that that is hard for you, but you aren't going through the same thing. I lost my entire little family. Within a month! You have no right to sit here and threaten me."

Crystal turned away.

"Please Cordelia. Just leave me alone," she said softly.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #2777
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia turned away from Crystal.

"You took an oath when you married Arthur. You vowed to love, honor, and cherish him. I don't want you gallavanting around looking for a lover to heal your wounds! You did that to him once. Don't think I have forgotten that. When you believed he was dead you came here and carried on a love affair with a hobbit! A halfling Crystal. That is what I am trying to prevent," she sneered at her.

She swallowed hard as she remembered the vow that she had made her brother. The vow to protect Crystal. Well she would be protecting her and ensuring that her brother's memory and name weren't tarnished any longer.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #2778
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal spun around, her eyes narrowing in anger.

"Now you listen here Cordelia. When I met Arthur Brandybuck we were all under the impression that Arthur Harrison had been dead for years. Years. I had never even looked in another man's direction. I was still mourning for the loss of him when I arrived here. I did like him, but I always loved my husband. He was kind enough to make a place for me to live. We did start to fall for one another. We did have a relationship. However, we ended it because we realized it wouldn't work out. Months afterwards my husband returned miraculously, bringing back to me my very soul. I watched him die. He died in my arms. I know that I will never get him back again. I saw my child dead upon the table. I know that they are both never coming back. My tie to you and your family is severed. Permanently. And what I do with my life is my own. Who I see. Who I fall in love with. Whom I talk to. If that is what you are doing here. . . to protect your dear brother's reputation I assure you his reputation is safe. As is mine," Crystal hissed back.

Her breathing was heavy and fast as drops of anger, hatred, and grief washed through her.

How had their relationship gotten so frayed? Cordelia had been her best friend and sister. They had always been there for another. When Arthur had "died" the first time she had left Cordelia because it was just easier. At least that is what she had thought. Being back in Arthur's family and being with Cordelia in Rohan had been a blessing.

Now with Arthur really dead, something had occured between the two of them. It was as if Cordelia blamed her for the death of two people that she held dear.

"I didn't kill him Cordelia. You have to understand that. No one understood what he had. He was sick. For a long time. You and I both know that. Our child probably had it from the moment of conception. Why can't you just see past your own grief and see me. Your friend and sister in law. We use to mean so much to one another. And now . . . Please Cordelia. Stop being this way."
Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #2779
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia sighed deeply and looked down at her hands.

"What else am I suppose to think. The first time we all believed he was dead you ran away. Instantly nearly. You just fled. No one could find you. Now he is really dead, along with your daughter, and you just fled once more. Without a word you just took off on Arthur's mare and just left. Only I knew where you may come. Yet, I still didn't know exactly. If you didn't as you so claim then why do you keep running? Why is it that when there is trouble you run away?" Cordelia confronted. Her blue eyes darted to look into Crystal's eyes. Her lips were set in a firm line as if drawing a line in the dirt of the boundaries between them.

"He was my older brother. I am now the oldest. As oldest I protect my family and their reputation. That is what I am to do and I don't want everyone thinking he died of illness if really he was murdered," she said, slightly accusing.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #2780
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal sighed.

"You know the reason why. You know what my father did to me. When things got to hard for me to handle any more I would hid. As I got older I would run away. Arthur was the only thing that had ever kept me in Rohan. You know that. When I ran away from Rohan it was because I had lost Arthur. There wasn't a thing left for me in Rohan. You were my best friend Cordelia, but I just couldn't stay. I am a widow and I had to bury a child. I can't handle the memories there," Crystal started.

She rubbed her face slowly, her hand shaking violently.

"You don't have the memories that I have. All the years of abuse. . . brutual abuse by the hands of man that should have loved me only because I was his daughter. Then having a little silver light come into your life for a short time and then it is ripped out of your grasp. What else do you do? Stay and be beaten? Wait for the death that your father will sentence you to? No. You run. You pray to live your life . . ."

Crystal swallowed hard and took a in a deep, jagged breath.

"You find a place that is so beautiful and peaceful. There is no one here to hurt you. People become friends. Friends soon turn to family. You begin to be known. To be loved. To have a purpose. You find love. You learn a new type of loss. One that doesn't hurt so. And then my silver light came back. You experience a joy that you never have known. One that surpasses any kind of magic. You go on adventures. You learn. You marry. Oh . . . that blessed day. . . . You go home. Father is dead. He can't hurt you any more. You create a life, a world. . . then you're pregnant. Oh that joy. I pray you'll know it one day Cordelia. The joy of knowing that there is a little someone inside of you that depends upon you and your love to care for them. To know that they are the product of your love. You begin to change. You can feel the child inside moving. You grow anxious to meet your little one. And then it stops moving, but people tell you that's normal. You think nothing of it. Being the new mother that you are. . . then your husband falls deathly ill. He lays, clinging to life. He keeps promising he'll survive the night just to see the daughter you carry. He keeps promising that tomorrow he'll be even better, even stronger. . ."

Crystal stopped and bit her bottom lip for a moment before continuing on.

"Then you give birth. Without him by your side. And in the moment that there should be the joyous screams of your child's life there is silence. Unearthly silence that kills your soul with each passing moment. Then they tell you that your daughter. . . is dead. You beg and scream and nearly die, but it doesn't bring your child back to life. Then you have to tell your dying husband that the child that he has loved so . . . has died in your very womb. The place where it should have been living and thriving! You barely hang on from the shock. From the grief. And then your husband gives up the fight and dies as well."

She licked her lips and looked back up in Cordelia's eyes.

"Wouldn't you run?! Wouldn't you want to go far away from everything?! Wouldn't you pray for death yourself?! I had to face you. Your family. To tell them once again that their son is dead - really dead and that their grand daughter died within me. Then have to live with the looks. The hatred. The way that they blame me for what happened. What would you have done?! Until you have walked my life. . . you shouldn't blame me for the occurances of the world."
Old 04-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #2781
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Robin had been greatly enjoying the party. Such a celebration hadn't been held in the Shire for years. Not since the Hobbits had celebrated the appearance of the beautiful Mallorn that replaced the Party Tree after its destruction by long-dead 'Sharkey's' ruffians. At least, Robin hadn't been to as lovely a Party since then, though with his fondness for good times (and gift for finding where the best time was to be had), if he hadn't managed to find one to compare, there most likely hadn't been one.

Robin danced and danced, and refilled his mug of ale, and danced some more. And then, in good high spirits, he jumped onto the platform with the musicians.

"Watch where you're going there, lad!" cried a fiddler.

"Never you mind that," replied Robin. "You're playing some fine music, and no mistake, but it wants some singing."

And with that, he launched into song.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #2782
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia looked down at her hands. Never had she heard the story of her sister in law in such a way before. She had known bits and pieces of her life, but when put in that way . . . it was haunting.

"I am so sorry Crystal. I have been so striken with my own loss that I didn't even see yours. Yes, my parents dislike you. It is natural for them to be I guess. Seeing as they have lost not only their son, but their grandchild too. Please forgive me for all I have done. I shouldn't be blaming you for the occurances of this world. I shouldn't be blaming anyone at all. Especially when my life has been far easier than yours. Oh, Crystal! Can we put this aside and be friends once more?"

She looked up at the woman that she had once proudly called her sister and wondered at what she had done. Had she really beraded her to the point of near insanity? The wild look in Crystal's eyes suggested that she did.

Her heart ached at what she had done to the poor woman. She had followed her here to keep tabs on her when all Crystal wanted to do was live her life in peace, away from prying eyes. The Shire was beautiful and she had heard the stories of the kind people that she had met there. No wonder Crystal would retreat here.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #2783
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal swallowed hard and nodded. Her mind whirled as the memories began to settle down. She sighed inwardly and wondered when would they stop haunting her every step. When would they disappear and allow her to start her life over again? Would she ever find another person to love and to marry? Would you ever find another person that she wanted to share her life with? The thought seemed hallow, empty, and unsure.

"Yes Cordelia. I forgive you and would like to be your friend once more. Just don't ask me ever again to relive memories. Not here. Not now. Not ever again. This is my home. That is why I have returned," Crystal told her, looking down at her hands.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 04-24-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #2784
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Pipe

<puff> <pant>
A visitor in light green dressing strode up the path. He leaned on a seemingly ordinary staff, yet you had to avert your eyes as you looked at for too long.
There was an Inn ahead, with a picture of a Green Dragon over the front door. A party was going on in the front lawn. The visitor was tired after his long absence and needed rest. Brushing away a group of hobbit children he made it to the door, where a beggar pulled his arm. The old man looked up at the visitor blindly.
The visitor bent down slowly and clasped his arm.
"Who's that then, eh?" mumbled the blind beggar.
"What is your name, brethren?"
"Ah, he he *cough*, my name might be Jon the Blind, it might."
"Be at peace, Jon," said the green stranger.
Jon stared up, or turned his head up, and it seemed that there was a light returning to the world and his eyes, though it was night.
"Who - Who are you?"
"The Sixth Wizard," stated the stranger simply. "Let us enter this building."

The inside of the building was warm, some people chatted around the place, and a barmaid, a hobbit, addressed them.
"How may I help you?" she said.
"A warm bed and some ale for this poor soul," answered The Wizard.
"Certainly sir," she said happily. "And your name?"
"I think I'll keep that information to myself, thank you."
Jon was baffled. Why had this stranger told him his name and not to the barmaid? Did he hold him in greater trust?
"Okay sir," continued the barmaid. "Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn! I'm Ruby, and I'll show you to your room."
The Wizard payed her with some of the money from his purse. Ruby walked them through a long hall to a room for the travellers...

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 04-24-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 AM   #2785
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia nodded her head. She placed her hand upon her Crystal's shoulder and gave it a friendly squeeze. Her heart broke at the sight of Crystal's downtrodden expression.

"I vow I will never ask you to relive anything. Now. . . let's put this behind us. Let's just celebrating finding this beautiful place and for our new found friendship," Cordelia suggested.

She reached into her pouch and pulled out the simple silver chain that Arthur had given to her before his first 'death.' She fingered it and then put it back in the pouch, remembering her brother at his happiest moments - with Crystal and his family. Yes, he was gone. That she would just have to live with, but Crystal was still alive. The woman that he had so cherished had seen yet another tragedy and it was her turn to help Crystal. Not the forests, or the Shire, or hobbits, or elves, or horses where to help her. It was her duty to Crystal and to Arthur to ensure that Crystal's life was able to be restored.

She only hoped that she hadn't destroyed all Crystal's hopes of getting away from the memories by what she had done. If it did then she would never be able to forgive herself for being so griefstricken and vengeful.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #2786
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Grimhorn

Rían walked slowly to the table. He seemed to be buried deep in his own thoughts. Quietly, the younger man raised his pint. Grimhorn raised his own in response. "To the memories, even if they are quite painful at times", Rían said in a low voice. Grimhorn just nodded. They drank in silence.

Grimhorn wondered if the young man could read minds. Memories... What else but memories had all the evening been about?

For a long while both men just sat and drank in silence. Grimhorn offered Rían his pipe back and he accepted it.

"We were talking about Radagast the Brown and Greäw the Pretender, right?" Grimhorn asked and turned his dark gaze to the readhead, waiting for him to take the floor.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #2787
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Adu's return

Rohan had always seemed busy to her... But when it came to the Shire Adu had always remembered the peaceful place where she had changed her life. Adu always thought she would just go back to what remained of her home in Eryn Lasgalen and make a life for herself. The only reason she had stayed in Rohan was for the man that now held her heart. The only problem Adu had seen was that she didn't know if her feelings were returned.

Hama was her General now, and Adu gladly followed him anytime duty called. She was the only female that served Rohan, in fact she was the only elf. Adu never cared what others thought, she only had to worry about what was going to be the next order she was given. She turned looking at the man beside her, "Hama shall we continue on?" Hama nodded his head in agreance.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #2788
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Hama's Return

Hama nodded, looking up the road to the Green Dragon. It was good to be back. It seemed like so long ago that he had left for Rohan to take his post as General in Dorian Heart's stead. He now had a short, neatly trimmed beard to go with his long, flowing hair, and his armour was certainly of a superior quality to what he had been wearing the last time he entered the Tavern. His green cloak, embossed with the insignia of the company that he lead, the Wolfshead, fanned behind him in the breeze and he breathed deep, savouring the sweet Shire air that he had missed for so long.

"It's good to be back, Adu..." he said to the elf at his side. "Thank you for making me do this." he added with a smile, before stooping to open the door and taking a tentative step inside, careful to avoid hitting his head on the low rafters...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #2789
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
A tall man, an older man, walked into the Green Dragon Inn, his shoulders stooped with tiredness. His face was weatherworn and hard, and could have been that of an aged farmer, were it not for the careful and wary way in which he moved and held himself, and for the saddened look in his eyes. He was dressed rather nondescriptly, if somewhat shabbily, having the look of one who had long since missed the cares and comforts of a home. A long, unadorned sword hung from his hip. He moved as if he knew well how to use it.

A slight limp impeded his walk as he made his way towards an open table along the wall, a limp just slight enough to be notable, and not quite enough to trouble him. Reaching the table, he eased himself into a sitting position, a long but quiet sigh slipping out. He had been on the road for a long time.

"Can I get you anything?" asked the Hobbit barmaid, catching sight of a new customer soon after he had seated himself.

"Something that will ease a man's mind, but not delude into foolishness," said the customer. The Hobbit raised an eyebrow.

"Ale, whatever the popular local brew is," he clarified. It was too late for riddles.

The barmaid smiled, and soon returned with a mug of frothy ale. The stranger handed her a copper in payment. A strange face was imprinted on it.

"Who is he?" asked the Hobbit.

"Araphant of Arthedain," replied the stranger. "He that was second-to-last King of this realm before the Fall of the North. It is an old enough coin, to be sure, but still the same currency as those pennies that bear the profile of Paladin son of Adalgrim."

The Hobbit maid might have responded, but a local customer was waving at her, and she hurried away. The stranger spared himself a slight smile as he raised his mug to his lips. None of the coins in his purse bore a more recent face than Araphant of Arthedain.

Of course there was a story behind that. But there were none present to ask Estahir son of Estagond what it was. And that troubled Estahir not in the least. He was tired and desired rest.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #2790
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal smiled at Cordelia and gave her shoulder a squeeze. She looked around the place. It was very quiet. So unusual. She wondered where Aman was.

She turned in her chair and looked over the room. So many memories had been made here. She could still here Angry and his rough laugh, Adu telling her that she would gladly help her hide from her father, and Hama unsure of the happiness of Dorian's death.

She knew that Hama and Adu were in Rohan and that she would never see them again. Rohan was their home. Only a miracle beyond all miracles would occur if they showed up here in the Shire.

She turned back to the bar and remembered Aman. Aman's kindness had given her the strength to go on. If Aman hadn't treated her so nicely, she wasn't so sure that she would be alive today. Her thoughts had been dark and she had been sick. Aman's genuinely kind nature was one of the factors of her survival.

The memories flooded her. She looked down at her attire. She snorted inwardly. She had taken in Arty's riding slacks and riding shirt to fit her. Whatever had happened to her own she couldn't remember. The only thing that she was wearing was the green cloak, the same cloak she had on the first time she had been here in the Shire.

She turned back to Cordelia and smiled at her. She hoped that Cordelia would come to love the Shire as much as she did. "Are you going to be staying for a while? Or will you be heading back to Rohan?" She asked Cordelia softly.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #2791
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Tolkien

"I do not doubt," muttered Fáinu, "that soon there will be a time of doom. I have seen strange things, in my sleep." Cree's eyes flashed as she looked at him. The elf was staring out of the window once again and his voice trailed into a whispered song.

Oh ye, who dwell in Aman blessed,
Shall these eyes see those trees?
Oh Land over the sea, far in the west
Golden is your early morning breeze!
Where shall I find rest on this shore?
Can we pay for our wrong with deeds?
With heart and death in bloody war?
Nay, for deep within me are black seeds
That ever stains this wretched form
From dawn till dusk every day I wait
Like onto Manwe's mighty war storm
I go soon to a deep and bounded fate.
And now I say, "where shall I find rest?"
Not even in there in blessed Aman,
Land far removed in the uttermost west.

His voice trailed and faded, until Cree was no longer sure if he had indeed spoken any words at all. For his mouth seemed to move, yet sound came not from him that she could hear, and she was unnerved.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #2792
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama took a deep gulp of the hobbit ale, putting down his cup and laughing his deep, rich laugh as the hobbits ran around him trying to get a look at this new stranger. His helm rested on the table, the gold adornments casting reflections onto his face. He smiled, turning his chair round to look for anyone he recognised. Crystal? No...she wouldn't still be here.

"Hobbit! Hobbit there!" he shouted loudly but good naturedly, "Let's have another tankard of this ale! I'd forgotten just how good it tastes! And for the love of the valar put it in a bigger glass!" The hobbit laughed with Hama as he filled up what to a hobbit must have seemed like a bucket with ale and placed it in front of him. He tipped the barman and chuckled warmly as he took the first sip of his huge tankard...
Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #2793
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Perhaps it was the late hour; perhaps it was the long road; perhaps it was the soothing ale, but regardless of which it was, Estahir found himself dozing off, mug in hand, face splayed on the table.

He was drifting, in memory, to those first events that had led him to carry coins of Araphant of Arthedain in his purse...

It had been soon after the coronation of King Elessar. Estahir had been recuperating on the Field of Cormallen, having taken a rather silly wound from a troll after surviving the Paths of the Dead and the Battle of the Pelennor. His leg smashed by the troll's great strength, he hobbled around on a crutch, his leg firmly bound up to heal.

He had been hobbling through the tents of the wounded, seeking to alleviate the boredom of his condition, when he came upon a dying man, his body covered in nasty looking wounds and cuts, who was unattended by any of the healers. The man was weakly calling out. Estahir hobbled over.

"Here!" the dying man thrust a dirty-looking rag into Estahir's hands. "Riches and glory awaits you!"

"What?" Estahir had inquired, but the dying man's breath was growing weaker, and he lacked the energy to say more. Only his eyes, burning with a feverish intensity, tried to explain. Estahir flattened out the cloth.

On the cloth, he soon saw, was a rough map, showing a piece of unidentified terrain, and some hastily written instructions in Westron: Here is hid the horde of Angelimir of Nenuial.

The name meant nothing to Estahir. But the dying man was fading fast, and he did not speak again ere he died. The man himself was something of a mystery. He was not Rohirric, nor of the Rangers. His clothes were nondescript, and he could have come from anywhere in Gondor. No one that saw his body ere he was buried knew him. The healers said that he had been found among the wounded from Lebennin, but that meant little.

In the events that followed, the awakening of the Ringbearer, and the return to Minas Tirith, and the coronation and wedding of the King Elessar, Estahir had little time to muse over the rag, little knowing that it would ultimately take him across Eriador, to the ruined hold of Carn Dûm, the northern shores of Lake Evendim, and into the Enedwaith and the depths of Drûwaith Iaur.

Estahir stirred from his dozing, someone having bumped his table in passing. Had he but known then what he knew now, he would likely have burned the rag as soon as he found it.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #2794
Cordelia Harrison
Wight

Cordelia looked down at her hands before looking back up at Crystal. Her heart hoped that Crystal would accept her answer. If Crystal didn't she didn't know where she would reside. Perhaps in Gondor. She had heard that it was a wonderful place to live too. A little crowded perhaps, but beautiful all the same.

"Well if you don't mind, Crystal I would love to stay here in the Shire. Perhaps we can build our own home. You know, the two of us. There is something about the Shire that is just so amazing to me. I would love to stay around. As long as you didn't mind. I wouldn't want to take your home from you Crystal. I have done too much to you all ready," Cordelia answered.

She looked back down at her hands and pictured what it would be like to live in the Shire. She had this welcoming feeling. She now understood what Crystal had once told her.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #2795
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal laughed brightly, the true love of life blossoming through her gentle laugh. How could Cordelia think that she wouldn't want her around? The thought of finally having someone around that was like a sister to her was one that thrilled her.

"Oh sweet, dear Cordelia. I would love it if you stayed in the Shire. The Shire is a beautiful, welcoming place. I hope that you find that same peace that I have always found here. Building a house with you would be a hysterical adventure, but one I am up to," Crystal replied gently.

She turned in her seat, to rest her back against the bar. She looked around the room and thought she saw a face that she recognized. Her heart stopped. Could it be? Was it really Hama? She got up and headed over there, her heart directing her more than her head.

"Hama? Is that you?" She asked the man, coming up behind him. She held her breath, hoping vainly that it was. She hadn't seen Hama in so long and she had missed him something terrible.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #2796
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
The doors of the inn swung open, and there stood a man, tall and slender, yet the hardiness he had gained from cold nights in the wilderness was noticable in his rugged appearance. He took three large strides into the inn, before stoping and looking around. The surroundings at the inn were particulary familliar, yet the faces he saw were not. It was as expected, and he also expected that no one there would recognise him, save maybe the bar tender if it were the same one as when he visited many moons ago.

"Aye.." he whispers quietly, so no one but himself heard. He gave a brisk nod, and made his way over to the bar leaving a trail of dry mud in his footsteps.

The worn man didnt mind the fact that he was to be unrecognised with others at the inn. That way he could rest up at the green dragon, and then continue on in his ventures across the lands of middle earth if need be. Though he did always have an interest in the well being of others, and would often lend a hand of aid if any were in need. Once again the man glanced around room. In particular, he noticed a man of the Riddermark that seemed to enter not long before he did. He watched and listened for a moment, yet said nothing.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #2797
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama started at the voice behind him, nearly choking on his mouthful of ale in a rather undignified way. After he had stopped his violent coughing, clearing the last of the beverage from his throat, he took a deep breath and turned around…

Crystal! It was Crystal!

Hama froze, his mouth slightly open and agape. He had never expected to see his former leader’s daughter again. Before long he realised that he was staring at her, and swiftly broke the gaze by blinking repeatedly and flushing slightly red, thankfully almost unnoticeable in the candlelight of the inn.

“Crystal…” he began, then stopped, totally unsure of what to say. He had been thinking about what he would like to say to Crystal for some time, months in fact, but had never put any deep thought into it, as he had never even considered it a possibility that they would meet again.

“Crystal…” he started again, then paused lengthily, adding, “You look….beautiful, as always…” before coughing and lowering his head in thought. “Yes…yes…I never thought that I’d see you again. If I’d thought you’d still be here…I thought that you’d have come back to Rohan after…” he checked himself violently here, with almost a visible twitch of the face. Mentioning Crystal’s father’s death in front of her would likely not be a good idea, despicable as he had been, and much as Crystal had loathed him, Hama considered discretion to be the better part of valour here, and started again. “I mean…How is life here? As joyous and carefree as ever?”

He coughed again, searching desperately for the right words but, as it always is, they simply refused to be found, and he stumbled again, this time staying silent, before looking back up at Crystal again. “Thank the Valar you’re here, Crystal…” he whispered softly, yet audibly, to her.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #2798
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal sat down in the chair beside Hama and smiled. He looked so worn, so tired. It was obvious that he had not heard all the horrid things that had occured to her in the time that they had been away from one another. She placed her hand upon his and gave it a squeeze and gave him a teary smile.

"Oh Hama. I thought I'd never see you again. Oh how good it is to see your face. Thank you. I thought I look a mess. . . I did return, Hama. Arty was found. . . alive. We. . . got married. . . I couldn't find you. I sent messagers, but no one knew where you were. . . . I stayed there. For a while. But . . .Arty is really dead now. Really. Along with our child. . . they died of a strange illness. . . . and I've returned to the Shire to live. Forever. Oh Hama . . . He was so . . . ." Crystal stopped.

Hama had always been the one constant thing in her life. When she couldn't find him through all that had happened she had been shaken. Especially after Arty and her child had died.

She had thought long and hard of what she wanted to say to him, but she couldn't recall what she had wanted to say. All she could get out was her stuttering. She clear away her thoughts and cleared her throat softly.

"But that isn't relevant any more. I just got back. I don't know what's been happening in the Shire. You look. . . handsome as usual. You always did. . . " Crystal said, then looked away quickly. She had thought of him so much, so often. She swallowed hard and turned back to him.

"You can mention it you know; the death of my father. I forgive him for all he did. I only pray that he is in a good place. For his sake. It's all right. I thank you for being his second in command. If you weren't. . . . . nothing good could have come from my life, Hama," she said quietly.

She searched his eyes and found that there wasn't something completely right and happy with the man. She took a slow breath and she watched the turmoil swim in his eyes.

"I'm here Hama. What is it? What is wrong? You know you can always tell me," she whispered softly, so only Hama could hear. Her heart beat wildly at seeing him again. She had missed him so.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 05-01-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #2799
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Adu took Count on to the stables. Doing her best not to disturb the joyous party. She looked at her horse, "Count I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm going to go make sure Hama made it inside the inn safely." Adu placed Count in an empty stall and went back towards the inn. Everyone seemed so happy. Yet for some reason she wished the "group" was here together. Adu knew not why she was suddenly thinking of Crystal. She remembered when the girl was still little and running around like children do, without a care in the world. Times had changed and she knew the chance of her seeing Crystal again would be a miracle.

Carefully dodging drunk hobbits Adu made her way inside the inn. Everything was as she remembered it. The cares of the outside world never seemed to dampen the spirits of hobbits. The inn door opened just as Adu reached for the doorknob. "Excuse me." Adu looked down to see what appeared to be platters of food with feet. Hobbits... Adu walked inside only to see that in the corner almost hidden from site was Hama. But she didn't know who the other person was. Adu walked over to the table almost unnoticed. " General Dorian was not a very good man... You can pray all you want dear child but everyone knows... His life of torture has finally caught up with him....." Adu had heard alot and wished now that she hadn't heard anything at all. She knew not who was speaking on behalf of Dorian's soul."Hama, the horses are in the stable and they seem to be happy." Adu turned to look at the other person. "CRYSTAL?????"

Last edited by Witch_Queen; 05-01-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #2800
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal jumped, turned, and saw the last person that she ever expected would be back in the good Shire once more. She jumped up and hugged Adu tightly.

"Adu! Oh my gosh! Rumors told me of death . . . How have you been?" She asked her, motioning her to sit down next to her. More tears of joy filled her dark eyes. Her two friends where here, in the Shire! Of all places in the world! The thought thrilled her greatly. She only hoped that Adu hadn't heard what Crystal had said to Hama.

"Did anyone tell you what happened? With me?" She asked her, unsure of what Adu would know. When she had sent the messangers no one could find Adu or Hama. It had been with a heavy heart that she had gotten married without the two of them by her side. In retrospect she never should have married at all. She shook the thought away and concentrated on her friends.