The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2002, 02:59 AM   #41
Nazgûl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Nazgûl Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<center><font color="red">In Orthanc now.... not so bad.
Sure it stinks... and its all wet... and I nearly got killed by that Saruman guy... and the ents got stones all over my diary when they foolishly tore up the walls that could have protected us from any orcs (of course, noone listens to me!)... but look on the bright side.
FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have food! And pipe weed! And beer! And a place to sleep! Am starting to like Merry now - he found me a pipe.
Must go back inside and sleep for a while... I haven't had a rest in a proper bed for WEEKS!
Old 04-02-2002, 03:37 PM   #42
Aroaraniel
Wight

Aroaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aroaraniel
Sting

This journey keeps getting wierder and wierder! Gandalf came today! All dressed in white, thinking he's all that. Oh please, that Balrog didn't look THAT scary. Well, I acted happy...you know, don't want to look disappointed. The pipe-weed here is really good! Saruman sure has good taste! Too bad he's a bad guy. Him and me could really get along. Expecting Aragorn and the rest of the Fellowship tomorrow---NOW they come to get us.
Aroaraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 03:52 PM   #43
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ha, big wizard fight today! Saruman and Gandalf were arguing over whose clothes were the best (rainbow or white), and Saruman lost, so his slimey little sidekick threw an oversized marble at Gandalf's head (missed; too bad)! It almost hit me. So then I go to fetch it like some kind of dog and Gandalf snatches it away from me. That's gratitude for you. I'm going to borrow it tonight and see what the fuss is about. If it's worth anything I expect at least half of the profit!
Old 04-02-2002, 04:22 PM   #44
Aroaraniel
Wight

Sting

Fool of a Took once more. So I looked in it. Big deal. Well, it was sorta a big deal. Hehehe, did I mention I saw our ole buddy Sauron in it? Well, now Gandalf is in some kind of big rush. Yay, but I get to ride on his big horse. My writing is all scribbly because this damn horse won't stop running (maybe that's the point...?).
Old 04-02-2002, 04:27 PM   #45
Aroaraniel
Wight

Sting

More riding. More blots on the pages.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #46
Alchrivëwen
Haunting Spirit

Alchrivëwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alchrivëwen
Sting

((may I try))
Old 04-02-2002, 07:05 PM   #47
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Alchrivëwen - Don't ask, just jump right in!

Only rule: no skipping the scenes just so you can get to "the good parts". (Birdie glares!)

P.S. - Keep it clean. These ain't the "very secret" diaries!

[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 07:14 PM   #48
Aroaraniel
Wight

Sting

Did I skip any scenes?? I was going by the movie, sorry if we were going by the books back there when we WERE in the FOTR part. Hehehe, I hope we weren't using Tom Bombadil. I'm sorry if we were. I think I skipped that part. Forgive me?
Old 04-02-2002, 07:18 PM   #49
Aroaraniel
Wight

Sting

We finally arrive at Gondor. Big city of white. Well, from a distance it looks white. Its actually quite dirty--not that I should be talking...I haven't taken a bath in weeks. Not that I'm going to get the chance to get one anytime soon. The people here smell. Not as bad as Orcs, but they smell. So do I. Wish I were in Buckland (taking a bath and smoking pipe-weed).
Old 04-02-2002, 08:34 PM   #50
Alchrivëwen
Haunting Spirit

Alchrivëwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alchrivëwen
Sting

I can't believe it, first I am a servant, then a prince! Here is what happened: First I talked to the old guy, Denthor I think his name is, he thought I was afraid of him so tto show him I wasn't I became one of his guards 'Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' HA! but then, someone saw me for the handsome one I am and started calling me something, I don't know what it means but I hope it's good.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:10 AM   #51
Niphredil Baggins
Wight

Niphredil Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Wood-tasting water for lunch. Slowbeam the Ent in love with a rowan tree. Thought up a good joke: make Merry sit on my elven brooch, then remembered I have the brooch no more. It's a cruel world. Hey, the ents are hoom-hooming closer. The sound angry. Hope not at me...
Old 04-03-2002, 08:11 AM   #52
Niphredil Baggins
Wight

Sting

sorry. was a page behind. ignore me.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #53
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Ha, it does mean something good! I, "Fool of a Took" though I may be, am officially "Prince of the Halflings!" Take that and smoke it, Gandalf! Other than that, I am starting to regret volunteering for this job. Hardly getting any food, waking at dawn, and babysitting guards' kids (who insult me and threaten to beat me up) is no piece of cake. But I look good in uniform. Too bad none of the girls will ever see me in it, since I'll probably die as soon as those Mordor freaks attack us. They almost killed Denethor's son, Faramir. That's really encouraging. And I'll never see Merry again either. I'm starting to miss him, even though he is going a little crazy. Probably comes from getting nothing to eat. If that's the case, it's a wonder we're not all mad by now.

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 04-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #54
Dolenthangiel

Silmaril

i think someone should do a diary for Frodo aswell, cos this one is really funny and great and all, but it only shows one side of the story. It must be hard for poor Frodo aswell y'know, he has to carry the burden and worry every day that you are leading your friends to danger and more than likley- death, when you could just go it alone...but then how could you find the way, and if you fail...theyll all die..and it will be all your fault...poor lil guy!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2002, 07:15 PM   #55
Aroaraniel
Wight

Sting

Mordor freaks are here........dammit my pages are.......getting burnt by.......stupid balls of fire hurled....by those disgusting..........black smelly things..............missing Merry for some reason.............Denethor gonna kill.............himself...........fire........sin ging my foothair again.......lucky no girls............
Old 04-03-2002, 09:26 PM   #56
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Ok, I knew Denethor was a bit out there, but WHOA! First he tried burning his son alive, and guess who saved Faramir from being toasted like a marshmallow? Yours truly. They don't call me "Prince of the Halflings" for nothing! Then he took his own over-sized marble thing and burned himself to death while holding it. I'm telling you, the things are nothing but trouble. I don't know what those crazy men see in them (no pun intended). My poor feet are all singed up again. I'll have bald feet, and I haven't even come of age yet. Well, speaking of marshmallows, I'm hungry again, so I guess I'll go before I start eating this diary...

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 04-04-2002, 01:54 PM   #57
LadyMerry

Silmaril

Denethor was crazy! Who would try to burn their son when he had a chance of living? I feel kind of bad that he died and all, but he was a nut and I won't miss working for him! Maybe its better that he died....he was lazy and just sat there and was like all "Woe is me! Boromir is dead!" It got quite annoying and I guess I'm glad he's dead. I haven't smoked in a while so I'm gonna go try and find some pipeweed. Fortunately, I still have my pipe.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:09 PM   #58
Aroaraniel
Wight

Merry is here! Merry is here, oh good God Merry is here! I never thought I'd say that, but, hey, you learn something new every day! Well they came in blowing trumpets acting all that. Then Merry had to go ruin it all by destroying some big Black Rider---oh good for him! Isn't he so great! Well, not really! He's all dead looking in the Houses of Healing...what a show-off...going all "hero" on me. No more "Prince of Halflings" for me! The war starts soon...hair slowly growing back and well--I miss Buckland.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:59 PM   #59
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I spent the day reading Merry bedtime stories. I wanted to tell him gory war stories about Denethor and company, but Gandalf didn't think that would be such a good idea. What does he know? Oh, well, Merry has been so out of it that he probably wouldn't understand anyway. He's always either calling for his mommy or for another cold drink from Barliman...I think the poor boy finally lost it. At least he gets three square meals a day, though he throws most of it up. Waste of good food. Speaking of food, I think I'll help myself to elevenses before I go to war to be killed.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #60
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Aragorn is, ONCE AGAIN, acting like he graduated from Harvard with a PhD in medicine. Ha! I think he actually took this whole "Heir to the throne of Men" gig after he flunked out of med-school. Legolas is here, complaining loudly about the state of his hair, and babbling about going to the beach. I can't believe this, as Sauron is about to smite us, this git is freaking out about getting an early start on working on his tan!
Gandalf is glowing so much, it's beginning to hurt my eyes. I should probably mention to him that white makes him look fat. Merry has no idea how lucky he is to be unconsious for all this.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:32 PM   #61
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hooray, Merry and Eowyn and Faramir have all woken up - of course it's ALL due to Mr. Witch-Doctor sprinkling crushed athelas on them, nothing to do with actually getting some rest and food - and now the rest of us poor sods are off to be killed in Mordor. Merry has really lost it, doing his whole "woe is me" routine because he can't come along. And they call me Fool of a Took! Fool of a Brandybuck, more like it; they're giving him the choice to stay in bed and relax and he wants to throw it away! Not that I get a choice or anything. Wanted to say "Merry, for silver penny I'll trade places with you, OK?" but Gandalf and Aragorn were right there and I didn't want to get another smack in the head with that wizard staff. I think Merry's coming round though, at least the first thing he asked when he woke up was where he could get a smoke. Typical Merry. Well, he's not getting any of MY Longbottom Leaf, I can tell you that.

On the other hand, at least we'll be going somewhere. What with Merry and Eowyn and Faramir all mooning around wishing they could come and die heroically with us, and that Ioreth yammering on about how the athelas was really her idea, Mordor isn't looking so bad. Maybe I can "get lost" on the way there, or something...
Old 04-05-2002, 05:28 AM   #62
Niphredil Baggins
Wight

Pipe

Marching, marching, marching! All day long, reduced rations, no one minding that my poor feet have to take twice as many steps as these tall men's. The orcs at least carried us half the way... We had a break and I was smoking and a lot of them gondorians gathered around me and wondered at the fire-breathing hobbit. Staring at me like I was a talking dog, or something. I told them I would turn them into frogs if they wouldn't leave me alone, and who comes then but Gandalf to give me scolding to last a month.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:23 AM   #63
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

More marching today. I wanted to sit down and bawl, or eat at least, but I can't let my reputation as "Prince of the Halflings" get tarnished. Right now I'd much rather be "Prince of the Pancakes." There's something really putrid in the air. We must be getting near the orcs. I think I smell "Smelly" from my last run in with them. I told elf-boy that orcs are his distant relatives, but he just got really angry and told Gandalf on me. Little brat. Oh, no, now all the men are gathered around to watch the fire-breathing hobbit write (I'll bet none of them can).

[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 04-06-2002, 09:20 PM   #64
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Pipe

More marching.... Feet hurt.... Cold.... What else is new?
Old 04-06-2002, 09:37 PM   #65
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Sting

All I hear is "Hroom, hoom hum HROOM!"
cant take any more!!!
Old 04-06-2002, 09:39 PM   #66
Niere-Teleliniel
Haunting Spirit

Niere-Teleliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Held a spitting comtest after breakfast. Pretty-boy says he won despite that fact that NO ONE saw him. He says it's not proper for an elven-prince to spit in public, I say I beat this whole wussy army (and mr hoity-toity aragorn) by a good two feet. Wish I had traded places with Merry....

~Douglas Adams
Niere-Teleliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:39 PM   #67
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Sting

No matter how far away i get from those annoying ents.......
Old 04-06-2002, 09:41 PM   #68
Niere-Teleliniel
Haunting Spirit

Niere-Teleliniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hold it peeps! we left the ents a looong time ago!

~Douglas Adams
Niere-Teleliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:43 PM   #69
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Sting

u know what, just ignore what im saying now- i'll catch up
(hopefully)
Old 04-06-2002, 09:47 PM   #70
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Here is the AMAZING opinion of Pippin that I'm sure everyone cares about:

Saving the world is boring, tiring, annoying, and involves lots of stupid old guys
Old 07-03-2002, 08:32 PM   #71
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Shield

I know that i've been doing a lot of writing in here not from Pippin, but i must point out: no one has posted since me?
I just came to see how everyone ended it.
I think that everyone is too sad to get to the end of the 1st half of ROTK. WELL HE DOESNT DIE!!!! so i will continue.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:39 PM   #72
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Shield

You know what? Why did I do that. He was just a guy who showed me around a little. It's not like it was worth my life!

Oh well. I think that the way Frodo has written down what happened out on that battlefield is going to scare all of my adoring fans! They're gonna think....
im shuddering just thinking about that!

So now we are back. In the city. Seeing Frodo. He destroyed the ring. Saurons gone. AND ALL I DO IS WALK AROUND IN THIS STUPID UNIFORM! oh well. gotta go talk to people about what it is like to stand up. and walk. and walk. and walk. and not get second breakfast. and walk. and the things that went on in a battle that took place while i was underneath a troll's butt.

(and if sauron had one thing to improve on, I'd say it would be teaching his trolls proper hygiene!-you notice many of their flaws in cleanliness when they are on top of you)
Old 07-04-2002, 03:08 PM   #73
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Mr. I'm-so-cool-because-I'm-king and Arwen got married today. Big wedding. Lots of really good cake. Am proud of myself because I won one-man eating contest. No one else seemed proud. Oh well.

Heading home. Stupid pony won't stop so I can write. I think he hates me. Just ran into some shiriffs. Threatened them with sword. Now they jog along beside us and lead us to Bag End, where there is lots of food. Got to go. Stupid pony.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 08:36 AM   #74
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ya know, I started a diary of Merry. But after a couple days, it just kinda dissapeared. Like it was never done at all. There was no trace. But anyway, I'll just go on on this one.

Bad news. Can't get any food from Bag-End. It's somehow been "taken over". Frodo is really mad. But in a strange way, he's really sad too. I don't get it. We're starting a battle now. Frodo and Sam are rounding up a lot of Hobbiton folk. I'm off to the Smials to get some of the Tooks. Using the same pony, though. Stupid animal.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #75
Elessar,elfstone

Pipe

I am trying to write this without being noticed right now. We are sitting on Treebeards shoulders((Have you ever sat on a tree for so long?It is soooooo uncomfortable)).Merry came back eventually, about 5 minutes before we set off((shame)).The Ents are all singing this really wierd chant thing.I guess its about attacking Isen-thingi,but it's so boring I'm not paying attention.I nearly fell asleep earlier*yawn*.Oh no,Merry's finally cracked.He's joining in with the Ent's stupid chant now, as well as having a illy smile on his face a giggling insanely.Well,Treebeards looking at me kinda funny,I think he's seen me writing,so I'd better stop writing now.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #76
Elessar,elfstone

Sting

((soz-my compuetr wouldn't refresh and I couldnt see who'd written [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]))
Old 08-11-2002, 05:02 PM   #77
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Shield

don't worry- I did the same thing

I think that Ents have mind control powers so they can make us talk about them more than we should be.

*runs outside to kick a tree*
Old 08-11-2002, 06:58 PM   #78
The Green Ringwraith
Haunting Spirit

Location: On the edge of the world I'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home.
The Green Ringwraith has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Green Ringwraith Send a message via AIM to The Green Ringwraith
Sting

I thought I'd never get those relatives out to save the rest of the Shire! Good God, not a moments peace. First its mum saying "Oh, my how you've grown! My little Pip's all grown up!" and my sister's pouting "How coe YOUR prince? Why aren't we princesses?" and then I (of course) had to tell the WHOLE story. By then we saw torches in the distance, and I hurried them all out. Don't want foot hair singed again...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:28 AM   #79
Aroaraniel
Wight

Pipe

I'm back! And I'm lost...we were talking about Ent's, and then the Shire...and...

AHH! Someone tell me what is going on?!
Old 08-13-2002, 12:44 PM   #80
Iaragarwen
Pile O'Bones

Iaragarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Wow! I had no idea how long this Diary would go. Actually, I have to confess I have no clue whats going on. I just got to about two pages into ROTK. I'm so baaaad [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]