The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting strange RotK cast list?

I was just looking up RotK on the Internet Movie Database, and the cast list gave me one thing to wonder about: there was no sign of Hugo Weaving as Elrond! I know that he wasn't to everyone's taste here (I was one of the ones who really liked him) but surely they can't have the end of the story without him? Does anyone know for sure that Elrond will feature in the final film?
Old 01-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Elven-Maiden
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elven-Maiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hmmm, that is weird! I really missed Bilbo in TTT. I know he had no importance in that part of the movie, but still! *sniff*<P>Maybe Elrond left on the boat with the rest of his people... I really don't know I looked on imdb.com too, but he's not there.<P>P.S. For the record, I always liked him too.

Mobilis in Mobile
Elven-Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:05 AM   #3
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Sounds strange.<BR>I've seen pictures on the web of Elrond speaking to Celeborn, so I would expect him to be in ROTK. <BR>Maybe he's not in it very much and is not considered important enough to be mentioned...? Surely they can't mention ALL the actors.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Elanor, if you go to <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/movie/cast.html" TARGET=_blank>this site</A> you will find the complete cast for all three movies as so far given. Hugo Weaving is, in fact, in the cast list for ROTK. <P>Besides, I doubt they would have left him out with an ending like that in TTT.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 01:59 PM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yeah, I would think that he would probably be in it, with the way they have been pushing the father/daughter relationship in the films. He still has some long speeches to give to Arwen about not marring Aragorn.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks, I feel ressured now! I didn't really believe they could leave him out, but then, you never know.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, from my experience IMDB isn't always totally reliable--a lot of their pre-official release stuff is based on rumours, I believe. Take what you read there with a grain of salt.<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 01-13-2003, 12:12 AM   #8
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

WHOA if I read that correctly Sean Astin's daughter will be playing Elanor? How cool is that?
Old 01-13-2003, 02:10 AM   #9
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

To bring up another discrepancy in that cast list;<P>No Beregond? I am upset. I was looking forward to him.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:48 AM   #10
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Cooool! Thanks for the link, Eruwen, although I'm sure if I ever left the Downs I could have found it easily enough! Great to see Elanor, Gorbag (YES YES YES!!!), Mouth of Sauron and Ghân-buri-Ghân. Of course, that doesn't mean that these characters' roles won't be butchered. Poor, poor Faramir.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> He will play Denethor in two films in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Huh?? Did this site see something in TTT that I missed? Or can its reliability be called into question? I notice that there is no Ted Sandyman or Lotho Sackville-Baggins. Poor, poor Scouring of the Shire. Of course, maybe they're trying to keep it a surprise? Like another big surprise name that is left off the ROTK list...
Old 01-13-2003, 04:33 AM   #11
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Well, since there won't BE any Scouring of The Shire.... <P>Yes <B>Imrahil</B>, you're right. Elanor is played by Sean Astin's own daughter. I've seen a picture of them, and she's truly adorable.<p>[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #12
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Actually, in the extended version of FOTR, Ted and is in it. At the scene in the Green Dragon, I believe that is supposed to be Ted Sandyman sitting there talking at the table with Sam, the Gaffer, and that other strange nameless Hobbit. Sorry if I'm wrong about this, but I do believe he was supposed to be the one who said to Frodo, "Keep your nose out of trouble and no trouble will come to you." <P>As for Lotho, yeah, sadly I doubt he will be in ROTK. If he is, it will probably be for like a brief shot of him alongside Lobelia or something. Oh well. <P>Oh, and I found that picture of Sam and Elanor. Look at it...isn't it so cute?<P> <p>[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:24 PM   #13
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No Beregond. <P>I loved that scene with him and Pippin having lunch on the battlements, looking over Minas Tirith and the fields. It would have been a great, quiet, visual. So calm-before-the-storm.<P>I also love the scene where Beregond is holding keeping the tower guard from fulfilling Denethor's commands.<P>Oh well.<P>H.C.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:27 PM   #14
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No Beregond!?<P>That is indeed strange.<BR>How are Pippin suposed to get Gandalf in time to save Faramir without Beregond?<P>Or perhaps Gandalf comes on his own.<BR> Oh, that would degrate Pippin's character.<P>Alright don't listen to me. It will all probably be alright! We must have happy thoughts!