Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #441
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I may have missed something obvious but is Tathren still schlepping the bag of loot around the place?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 04-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #442
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Think so, yep. Don't think Lachrandir confiscated it!

Ooo, I insulted Khandr. Good good.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #443
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
He may yet Ah well I may well have Tathren make some innocent comment ...

Edit : save filled. I don't think the boy is exactly squiffy and I am sure the Elvish constitution will cope... but this is reminding me of when I moved once and had to face an unexpected "welcome" meal provided by my new flat mate with the same enthusisasm as I had consumed a splendid farewell dinner from the landlady I was leaving .....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 04-30-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #444
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

A delicate question of Ulfing snobbery has just been settled!

In addition to which I've made Volo's old character Anydor an NPC for now, in charge of the door...Ulfang's Hama if you will. Anyone is free to come across him...
Old 05-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #445
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
♥ Notice of New Game Opening ♥

Durelin and Firefoot are starting a game in the Shire.

Blood Run: A Terror Returns

If you are interested, please read the proposal – HERE.

The Discussion thread will open soon to take on players and to answer any questions.

See you there!

~*~ Pio
Old 05-08-2007, 02:26 AM   #446
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Everyone,

I feel this game has slowed for a halt. I can't keep posting in a void, but what are you all waiting for? Is there some way I could facilitate everyone else's posting? I've left things pointing towards the Ulfing feast.

One problem is that so many Ulfing characters have deserted us, but the sons of Ulfang also seem pretty quiet. Folwren? Celuien? Could we have some action please?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #447
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
One problem is that so many Ulfing characters have deserted us, but the sons of Ulfang also seem pretty quiet. Folwren? Celuien? Could we have some action please?
Yes. Sorry. Shall I begin the feast today, then?

And after this first night, how quicky shall things move forward? When must the muster start? How soon do we march to war?

-- Folwren
Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #448
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ang,

I will be glad to post the letter inviting folk to the Borrim hunting party (assuming we are still going forward with that). Which character should the messenger give that to?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #449
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hm... I just read the beginning posts of this thread, for like timeline and purpose of this game. This is more going to be focused upon the time before marching to war.

So...what is it exactly that you'll be needing from me? Lots of posts about options of treachery? Oh man! Ulwarth could totally come into this tale now....sweet. How long do you want this game to go? We've written four pages of the first day. Shocking.

Anyhow, I might write Celuien a PM and figure stuff out with her...

-- Folwren
Old 05-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #450
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry that didn't go up last week but I got a little overwhelmed at work.

And for myself, I can't say there's been any failing on the part of anyone here that had led to the doldrums we've encountered. Slow posting is just . . . slow posting RL and other threads can suck up time. And again, for myself, there are times I just am not inspired.

I think a lot could go on at this feast, and then the hunt, and sometimes it helps (me) to get with other players and cook up some sub-plots. That always makes it more interesting.

Well, those thoughts are probably not that helpful Anguriel. I think you've done a great job so far!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #451
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Plotting in progress... The feast should give Ulfast something to do.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #452
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Excellent response me old crew. I shall attempt to address queries now...

Child, I think the messenger should probably go to Ulfang in theory...but probably Uldor in practice.

Folwren - the action of the story follows about a month. It covers plotting and counter-plotting, arranging the muster, and the superficial ironing out of differences simultaneous with secret, and widespread, treachery.

We have been rather verbose so far! I thought maybe after the feast we should move time on a fortnight or so, allowing relationships, friendships, plots to develop a stage? If we do that I'll write a summary post for the fortnight. Just an idea.

Gausen has entered the scene! This is going to be a wild night...but I don't want it to last too long, if poss. Say another half-page.

I suppose I'm envisaging a pretty ambitious length. About ten pages ideally.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #453
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Gausen has entered the scene! This is going to be a wild night...but I don't want it to last too long, if poss. Say another half-page.
Wild, yes, and tight, for Uldor. Yipes. Poor fellow is going to be hard put, if Jord accepts the invitation. Poor fellow? He's a jerk.

Quote:
Folwren - the action of the story follows about a month. It covers plotting and counter-plotting, arranging the muster, and the superficial ironing out of differences simultaneous with secret, and widespread, treachery.
Right. After I asked the question, I did a little research a the beginning of this thread and figured that out myself. It will be extremely interesting.

-- Folwren
Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #454
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Say, Anguirel, I've got an idea, just let me know if you agree with it. I was thinking, what if Tora should be sent to look for her father and to bring him back home? Well, I don't think it would be suitable for Tora to actually enter the place of the feasting, but she might ask a guard to fetch her father. That way Drenda has the chance of taking a look at her, and she can also get her father out of there before he causes more embarrassment to all those concerned .
Let me know if you agree, and I'll write my post. If not, well, at least you'll see I haven't abandoned the game .
Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #455
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Good idea Dimturiel. Feel free to use Anydor if it helps, and Torguar is of course our common property so deal with him as you like too...
Old 05-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #456
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Anguirel,

I will try to post for Uldor again today. I apologize I haven't done it sooner. If I don't get it done today, I'll do it tomorrow afternoon sometime, after I reach Grandma's house. I am so happy my Grandparents got into having a computer and high speed internet.

-- Folwren
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #457
Child of the 7th Age

I'll wait just a bit to have Khandr's messenger arrive,,,,till folk are actually settled in the hall.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #458
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

And I'll post for Ulfast either tomorrow or Sunday.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #459
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Herm...Anguirel? I posted, but I don't know how great I did. What...exactly is the relationship between these two? I'm somewhat confused on that score. So, I did the best I could with that confusion. If it's alright, if Uldor is acting right for the circumstances (past and present), then that's good, but if not, just let me know and I can change anything that needs changing.

-- Folwren
Old 05-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #460
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Agh, I am soooooooo sorry. That save sat up there way too long. And I have a personal dislike for saves, so it has been very rough on my conscience. It is finally filled, though.

Lalaith - I guess CoD should interrupt us with Brodda soon because the banquet I guess needs to run to the finish. I don't mind Jord being quite fashionably late, though, of course. So, just say the word when you think it's wrapped up enough that they can be interrupted.

And grah, "Jord" wasn't very subtle this time. I hope she hasn't scared Embla off already.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:59 AM   #461
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

All going brilliantly so far. Now, shall I conduct the Elves to the Hall, go on with Drenda and Gausen, or attempt both at the same time...?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #462
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I say, go for attempting both at once.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:34 AM   #463
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I tried...didn't quite work the Elves in...
Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #464
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
thanks Durelin/Jord, lots to work with there.

When I am slightly less busy *stares at screen in insane overworked panic-stricken way* I will respond accordingly.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #465
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

SAVE filled -

~*~ Pio
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #466
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Prod. A few more posts me hearties, could Celuien fill in her SAVE please, and I'll post with the elves if people feel it's required to speed things up.

I'm also looking for a reaction to my last post from Folwren if poss

Sorry to be such a Tartar, but...

EDIT: Oops, sorry Celuien, seem to have wronged you. Only just saw your post. It's just Khandr we're waiting on then.

Last edited by Anguirel; 05-21-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #467
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:

I'm also looking for a reaction to my last post from Folwren if poss

Sorry to be such a Tartar, but...
Ah, yes. A post. Quite honestly, I've been thinking like fury to come up with something, but I'mt no sure quite what to have him say or do next. I'm still wondering about exactly what sort of relationship there is betwen Gausen and Uldor. I will try my best to come up with something.

Don't apologize about anything. The game needs to keep moving and someone's got to prod it on.

-- Folwren
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #468
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Originally, I was imagining that their relationship was almost total fantasy on Gausen's part based on some polit word from Uldor. I'm now thinking there might be more to it, in that Gausen could use a close relationship with Uldor as a way to control her son...but still, I doubt it's amounted to anything solid yet. Just a lot of pretty lies on one side and dreaming of power on the other. If that helps.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #469
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally, I was imagining that their relationship was almost total fantasy on Gausen's part based on some polit word from Uldor. I'm now thinking there might be more to it, in that Gausen could use a close relationship with Uldor as a way to control her son...but still, I doubt it's amounted to anything solid yet. Just a lot of pretty lies on one side and dreaming of power on the other. If that helps.
Yes, I think that helps. I'll write something today.

-- Folwren
Old 05-25-2007, 02:36 AM   #470
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Lachrandir has entered and addressed Grimr...
Old 05-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #471
Noinkling
Wight

Noinkling has just left Hobbiton.
OK, Pio, I've left a little lead in for your younger characters.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #472
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Save filled.

A rather unceremonious welcome for the Elves, I fear.

~*~ Pio
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #473
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Greetings one and all. I am currently suffering some sort of problem with my stomach area and I will not be able to post for a few days yet, if all goes as it has been going.

Anguirel, if Uldor is still taking up your time in any way, do what you like with getting Gausen away from him.

I'm so sorry. (More for myself than for you...but, oh well... )

-- Folwren
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #474
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm getting better, so I may be able to post sometime soon.

Thursday evening I am leaving for camp. I am working there six weeks this summer. Below is a schedule in which it tells you when you can expect me to be online and posting. I'm very, very sorry it is such little time. I hope I gave you some warning that I'd be gone (?).

June 8 (after 6:00) to June 10 (until 3:00)
June 15 (after 6:00) to June 17 (until 3:00)
June 22 (after 6:00) to June 24 (until 3:00)
Jun 29 (after 6:00) to July 5
Maybe July 7 and 8 for about 24 hours.
July 13 (after 6:00) to July 15 (until 3:00)
July 20 is the last day of camp. And we'll be leaving for Virginia sometime between the 23 and the 27, I think, but I'm not sure when.

-- Folwren
Old 05-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #475
bill_n_sam
Animated Skeleton

bill_n_sam has just left Hobbiton.
Hello all,
I've been sick too but now I'm back. So Celuien, I will have Dag reply asap. Sorry for any inconvenience!
BS
Old 06-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #476
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
sorry everyone...I didn't have time to reply to Jord before I went away on hols. Back now, and will be sticking something up tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:18 PM   #477
Child of the 7th Age

Ang,

The Borrim invitation is finally up. I've constructed it in such a way that any of the family can pick it up and decide on an answer. Since Folwren is away for a chunk of time, I don't know if you'd want to wait for her return, have Ulfast answer, or do a simple generic narrative response at the end of the feast and then a time condense post that jumps us ahead to the actual hunt. Or perhaps there are other things that need spelling out before the hunt? I'll leave that up to you and follow your lead.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 AM   #478
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Sorry everyone, have been lying low and revising of late (plus computer got taken out by a fire). Will try to be more on the case as of this evening...
Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 AM   #479
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Celuien, could you get Ulfast to pick up the letter? He'd likely be more pro-Borrim anyway, perhaps. That might be interesting.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #480
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Celuien, could you get Ulfast to pick up the letter? He'd likely be more pro-Borrim anyway, perhaps. That might be interesting.
I think Ulfast will be very interested in the letter...

Post to follow later.

Just so everyone knows, I'll be out of town this weekend. Next week, I have to move, so after Friday, I may not be able to come online very often until everything is sorted out.