The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #441
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
He's obviously been a bit weird since Day 1, but I'm not convinced it's evil; and since there's probably 2 wolves created since then, I prefer to look elsewhere for now.
If you're talking about Boro, I concur. I don't really want to see him being toDay's "default" lynch.
Edit: x'd since quoted post.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #442
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So, to my mind, either Nog is on the right track, and I've ended up siding with an evil Lottie, Eomer and Legate trio; or Legate is right and Noghas been trying to sabotage our communication with the Dead Thread.

On which note, I don't like the way Nog tries to bring up the no-lynch thing against me and Legate and Lottie as if it's separate from us wanting to implement the plan, which he clearly disagrees with.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #443
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't want to vote for Eomer, Nerwen, Brinniel or Lal. They have spoken sensibly on the whole. I am not convinced that the Dead t hr3ad discussion wasn't deliberately spun out

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #444
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Agreeing with Eomer and Nerwen. To clarify my lynch preference....

1. Lottie (especially with her latest post, which rings false to me)
2. Steve
3. Nerwen (only in a pinch)

Begin the frenzied refreshing!

x'd since after Nerwen's 441
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #445
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Anyone for no-lynch today?

Old 07-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #446
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Basically, I am sorely tempted at the moment to vote Nogrod. I would personally like to hear more from Boro. The submarines (especially Brinn, Mithalwen and Sally) would be next in line, but they also fall into the cathegory that I would prefer more data, otherwise it's mostly vote based on what they didn't do rather than what they did. Lalaith was a submarine too, but recently started posting much more and I can get a better read on her and wouldn't want to vote her toDay. Similarly with Shasta.

Eomer and Lottie I should probably re-check, but there wasn't anything that would make me vote them. Nerwen I just re-checked and also after her last response, I think I will just keep it at that for the time being. I am just wary of the fact that from her, one can expect anything. Some people have been suspecting Eönwë, but for myself, I didn't get any warning signs from his behavior that would make me suspect him now.

EDIT: x-ed probably since my last with a lot
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #447
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Anyone for no-lynch today?

Man, don't make me rethink my opinion of you....
Old 07-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #448
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Heads up: I am voting in five minutes just so I don't have trouble like yesterDay.

P.S. Even numbered post link! Only 500 more to 6k!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #449
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I do think I'm getting a bit of if/then information from mentioning Legate earlier. For example, should Legate turn out a wolf, I'd probably next look at Eomer and Lottie. Eomer in particular I found to be interestingly distance-y in a subtle saving way.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #450
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
That all being said, I am really starting to worry about Nog, because from sabotaging the whole Dead thing... I mean, yes, we can each have different opinions on how it should be handled
this constant poking seems like probing whether the link (or trust, reliability) between Dead and Living can be broken. Leaving options open is one thing, giving the Dead ideas that nobody will listen to you anyway is sabotage.
I do stand corrected with the rules as I read them with thought now.

I do also think the Dead Thread is a waste of time now as well - and yes, we've wasted a lot of time discussing it as it is soo far behind the info it might give us is more or less useless. We might guess / interpret ToMorrow (D4) whether Zil was innocent on D2 (when there was two wolves at most!) - unless the game keeps going like seven Days or something (which is very improbable).

Uhh... the clock...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #451
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Right, I'm not waiting til 5 minutes before deadline, because maybe the Dead are frantically waiting for us so they can make a decision. So I'm sticking with my previous vote.

++LOSLOTE
Old 07-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #452
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A look at the Inzil bandwagoners:

Lottie: She did bandwagon, but her reasoning that Inzil looked suspicious due to his defensiveness rather than the slip itself makes her vote look less suspicious to me. Aside from that, I do have some reservations about her, mainly for the same reason I voted her on Day 1.
Eonwe: His reasoning for suspicion of Inzil's seems to latch onto others', which is classic bandwagoning technique. More on him below.
Nerwen: She is the one who pointed out his slip. I found her eagerness to jump on him suspicious which is why I voted her. If Inzil is indeed innocent, I could see an evil Nerwen bluffing to make it look like an innocent-on-innocent spat. Or if he's evil...perhaps an evil-on-evil spat for the ultimate bluff, though that's more of a stretch.
Boro: I thought his self vote Day 1 looked innocent, but that could make him a good target for conversion the following Night. He reasoned yesterDay wanting to make it to the Dead Thread so that he wouldn't have to be the EW's pawn. The "I don't want to be turned" sort of act combined with his bandwagon vote doesn't sit well with me.

None the bandwagon voters look terribly innocent to me. There may be more to tell once we know Inzil's role.

I did mention yesterDay that those who focused more on the Dead Thread than the actual lynching could be suspicious. So let's look at that:

Nogrod: While he has provided other substance, a good portion of his talk has to do with the Dead Thread. And he's a bit chaotic about it, which concerns me.
Eonwe: While Nogrod is chaotic, Eonwe at least looks like he's trying to be helpful. I did mention yesterDay that his helpfulness makes him a good target for wolf conversion. So I could see him starting off the game genuinely trying to help the village strategize the Dead Thread, but then turn and as a wolf, give the illusion that he's trying to help all the while quietly manipulating us. Which is scary. And I don't like that he seems to continually draw focus away from toDay's lynch.
Legate: Actually, he didn't focus much on the Dead Thread yesterDay, but it has been a large portion of his subject matter toDay. Could the change in focus point to a newly turned wolf? Possibly. I may need to look at him further.

EDIT: X-ed with Nog and Eomer
Old 07-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #453
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

As promised, but actually a little earlier, because I'm not going to change my mind.

++Lottie

Sorry, Pop. *scritches*

x'd since Nog's last
Old 07-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #454
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Goodness people, it's 15 minutes to deadline and no votes as far as I can see...I feel like we're like Bill, Bert and Tom, we're being kept chatting and arguing until we're all turned to stone.
Well I've been vacillating between Boro and Lottie for my vote toDay. It looks like (as I am writing this) that I'm first to vote and as my own doubts about voting Boro are seemingly echoed elsewhere in the village I'll go for
++Lottie
Old 07-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #455
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Gah, now of course Nog in his last one backtracks, and now he's looking more genuine. Idk maybe I should just vote Boro again. I mean it isn't like he stopped being fishy.

Also when did it become so late!

EDIT: x-ed with all the votes. Here we go.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #456
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm tempted to vote Nog... but his Dead Thread rambling has gone on *so* long now, and he seems so oblivious to the fact that it's actually putting putting him in danger that I'm starting to turn around and wonder if maybe it is just innocent monomania rather than evil filibustering. But I have seen both from Nogrod in the past...

Edit: x'd since Legate at #446.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #457
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My gut feeling right now is to go after those who try to capitalize it with their clear understanding of the rules...

Knowing them is no fault, but using it is. Just saying.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #458
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'm temptec to vote Nog... but his Dead Thread rambling has gone on *so* long now, and he seems so oblivious to the fact that it's actually putting putting him in danger that I'm starting to turn around and wonder if maybe it is just innocent monomania rather than evil filibustering. But I have seen both from Nogrod in the past...
Word.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #459
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #460
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Thanks.
*snuggles*

So....five or so more minutes.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #461
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Since I found him concerning on both lists I just made:

++Eonwe
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #462
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Tom Bert and Bill stuff wasn't just a joke btw, I do think we were being deliberately distracted by one or more persons at the end there. Hmmm.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #463
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

There's too many submarines, that's the other thing...
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #464
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wow, again? At this point I may as well be lynched if only to take away the convenient vote from everyone else.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #465
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I don't want to just vote Nog now. Okay. Third time's the charm?

++Boro

EDIT: x-ed with like four. Seriously...
Old 07-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #466
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Since it doesn't look like I have time to go into detail toDay.

Nerwen - Nothing she's said makes her seem particularly suspicious.

Loslote - either one of the only other sane people on this or an evil genius. Can't tell which.

Boromir88 - Honestly, who knows what he's playing at. But there's also nothing particularly incriminating.

Shastanis Althreduin - Scary because he seems to be around but posts very little. Very under the radar.

satansaloser2005 - Posts too little (at least in terms of content). A bit better toDay, but maybe a turned wolf trying to seem less suspicious.

Eomer of the Rohirrim - Does seem a bit different toDay, but not in a bad way. More engaged in the conversation.

Lalaith - Same as Eomer.

Legate of Amon Lanc - I had my suspicions about him yesterDay, but I'm liking him more toDay. Could potentially be a wolf that feels that he has to continue along the same lines to avoid suspicion, but I'm ok with him for now.

Mithalwen - Keeps on saying that we should stop talking about the Dead Thread and our communication with it and instead talk about who seems suspicious, but doesn't really do much of the latter, instead complaining about our talking about the former. I don't really like this, but I also don't know if it's enough to base a suspicion off.

Nogrod - YesterDay I thought his disagreement on the Dead Thread seemed benign, but on reconsideration, I do actually agree with Legate that it looks like he he's trying to sabotage things. Not to mention his 'no-lynch' thing.

Brinniel - Seems to be posting more toDay. Again, maybe a new wolf, or maybe just has more to say.

We've now got to the point where potentially half of us have changed roles (though admittedly if the Visitor that Dies has been picked they wouldn't know), which makes everything a lot more confusing.

In general, I seem to be quite strongly flip-flopping on my suspicions.

People that I could consider lynching:
Nogrod - see above

The quieter ones - Shasta, Mithalwen, maybe Sally
Their quietness makes me uncomfortable and I feel like one of them is probably hiding something.

Lottie - her role could probably tell us quite a lot, but I don't know if I actually find her suspicious enough to vote for her. And given the numbers thing said above, I don't know if I'm willing to risk it.

edit: x-ed with so many
Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #467
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd still go for Boro, Eönwe, Lottie or Eomer.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #468
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Boro

Don't want to risk an evil Boro bluffing his way to victory. And I'm not evil, so killing me doesn't actually help anyone.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #469
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Oh, well, it could be eithervway, and I suspect him more than Lottie,

++Nog

x'd since Lalaith at #462.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #470
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Lalaith , Eomer and Brinn deserve a closer look toMorrow, but I'm willing to give them a pass toDay.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #471
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Notice

Same rule as yesterDAY as far as votes after my deadline post.

I've got a play to get to this evening.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #472
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Eomer-->Lottie
Sally-->Lottie* (2)
Lalaith-->Lottie* (3)
Brinn-->Steve
Legate-->Boro
Lottie-->Boro (2)
Nerwen-->Nog

*x'd

Two minutes remaining.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #473
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Hey, Nog, if I'm about to die, does that make me the wisest person here?
Old 07-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #474
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

++Nog
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #475
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I might vote for Lottie to help my own chances of survival - and I do suspect her indeed - did it from the early on.

Now I'm just wondering whether it is the right thing to do - aka do I have a better choice that would also affect something...
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #476
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

GUYS, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. DON'T START THIS AGAIN.

Two each for Boro and Nog, three for Lottie.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #477
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Still don't think EW is Lottie. Wolf maybe, though.

++Legate
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #478
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Hey, Nog, if I'm about to die, does that make me the wisest person here?
We'll see it in the Dead thread...
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #479
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I might vote for Lottie to help my own chances of survival - and I do suspect her indeed - did it from the early on.
But I thought the Dead Thread was where the game was played
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #480
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, just sayin' in case, now I am really having this creepy feeling I made a mistake about not voting Nogrod.

Ugh hey guys remember somebody was also empowered probably!!! This better not go in some weird way.

EDIT: x-ed with several