The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #81
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This is the quietest last 10 minutes of D1 I've seen in ever. *pokes the silence*
Old 01-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #82
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Good Night people, I... *yawns*
Old 01-05-2014, 06:00 AM   #83
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen

Deadline. No more posting.

Rune has been lynched.

Narration to follow.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #84
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

Even the grim routines of cyber-slavery could not permanently crush the Downer spirit. Once they became accustomed to their toil– which this "day" consisted of repairing a broken bridge-like structure, the virtual representation of a damaged circuit– the slaves fell back into the human habit of chatting. As they compared notes, they began to realise something strange was going on. Some had heard bot-like noises in the cells adjoining theirs; others had intercepted part of a frantic transmission from Nerwen and Aganzir.

"Some of us," they said in whispers, trying to avoid the attention of their overseer-bots, "are not what they seem…"

But no-one could agree who was acting the most robot-like.

Some favoured Morsul the Dark, others Boro.

"It's Blind Guardian," Sally and Lottie argued. "She's not here, which is very evil of her indeed."

"Yes I am," Blind Guardian piped up. "Here, I mean, not evil. Wherever here is. Where are we? Who are we? How do we play this, again?"

"The poor thing's just disoriented," said the figure who occasionally looked like Karl Marx. "Leave her alone.”

"Rune's right," said Galadriel55, nodding her daffodil-bells. "We should lynch him instead."

"Good! Let me take care of him!" cried Legate, snatching up a light-whip that one of the overseer-bots had left lying around (there were a few glitches in their coding).

The whip extended as it lashed its target, spiralled up and down his virtual body, brightening into a column of unbearably brilliant energy.

When it faded, there was no sign of Rune.

In the real world, another young coma patient gave up his feeble grip on life. Another family mourned.

Living
Inziladun
Galadriel55
Sally
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Loslote
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Coppermirror, Lommy– seized by Adult Friend Finder.
Nerwen, Aganzir– poisoned by webcrawlers.
Rune– lashed to death with overseer-bot’s light whip. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)

It is now Night Two.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-06-2014 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 AM   #85
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Inziladun had his own plans for escape. During the day’s labours, he had managed to palm a small ICE pick (ICE of course standing for “Intrusion Countermeasures Electronics”). With this, he hoped, he might weaken the code that defined his cell. Waiting until the bot-guards had passed by on their rounds, Zil drove the pick into the wall again and again. Fissures ran out from the point of impact, and the circuit-like patterns of the walls and ceiling were flickering, changing.

Then, alarms screeched and the clattering steps of spiderbots raced towards his prison.

"tom not like humans. humans bad,” the crimson-eyed bot muttered as it entered.

“Tom! What did I say? –This person,” Lucy announced officiously, " has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.” Wresting the pick from Zil’s hand with her hideous claw, she hammered it into his skull, causing his head to explode.

Living
Galadriel55
Sally
Legate
Kitanna
Boromir88
Blind Guardian
Loslote
Morsul the Dark
Shasta

Dead
Coppermirror, Lommy– seized by Adult Friend Finder.
Nerwen, Aganzir– poisoned by webcrawlers.
Rune– lashed to death with overseer-bot’s light whip. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)
Inziladun– ICE pick to the head. (Ordinary cyber-slave.)

Day Two has begun.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-06-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #86
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Nooooooo! Zil, you shall be avenged!

I was going to go through his posts, but I realise I'm out of time - I have to take the early bus to school today, and I'm coming home very late. At the moment, though, I can remember that Zil mentioned Seers a lot in his conversation with me. Could that have triggered some HINT button with the bots? I can't tell without rereading, and no time for that, but maybe someone else can take the idea?...
Old 01-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #87
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Can't do too much have to et ready for work but I will say this. Zil is apparently a wraith both living and dead according to the list.

Truly though a real look through will come tonight after work.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #88
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
For what it's worth, if I had been around to vote yesterday it would have been Morsul. Eventhough if Rune's posting didn't help his case, his first post was titled "Robocop" which I read as an intentional gifted hint. (Robocop being a very bad - but kind of adorably campy 80s movie about a cop who is killed but then gets robotically engineered to continue fighting crime. That would have made me wary enough to not vote Rune on day 1.)

Where G55 and Morsul were giving the biggest "I'm the hacker" vibes. G55 doing it intentionally and in Morsul's case more of just Morsul always being the most confusing.

It typically gets me into trouble, but really it's just silly if we think we know who the hacker is but decide "oh hey, we need to lynch bots not the hacker, so let's vote for someone else who looks shady, even if G55 is intentionally looking hackerish." I mean yeah, we have to lynch the bots, but at the same time, if someone's going out of their way looking like the hacker, they either are the hacker and it would be better off to lynch sooner rather than later. Or their a bot playing the hacker because they know the reaction is going to be "oh we have to kill bots, not the hacker." If the hacker wants to be the early lynch sacrifice that's far less damaging than just letting the hacker stay around indefinitely. When we know the bots aren't going to kill the role and when the lynches get more crucial making it easier for the bots and hacker to join forces and push the lynches to their favor.

All this going to say G55 and Morsul are topping my suspicions based off of yesterday's activity. Spammer or hacker, evil behavior is bad and we would all be better off to rid the virtual town of it,
Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #89
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok quick before I go to work.

The votes for Rune::

Morsul: Like I said flimsy reasons but only first vote.

BG:Okay he has reasons about as strong as mine. So not too bad

G55: Voted for Rune to save me.

Legate: Votes pretty much same reason as G55 also pushed Rune over the top. Also hope his arm is Ok.

Out of these G55 and Legate are the most suspicious. I am very aware that my style makes me an easy target, as such I'm wary when people protect me, as it gives the baddies an easy lynch at a more critical time.

The votes for me:

Kitanna: Seems normal.

Rune: Makes sense now.

Shasta: Put me in the lead. But could be an innocent hoping for the best or a bot looking for an easy target

All in all not much to go on with these votes.

Votes for BG

Lottie and Sally

Both these are either overly safe votes or wreckless. Sally in my experience usually puts more thought into votes so hers is very unsettling.

Lottie's vote looks like typical not much to go on Day one stuff.

So all in all G55 and legate are my two top suspicions but mostly by default.

Followed by Sally.

Then after a wide margin Shasta.

x'ed Boro

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 01-06-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #90
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
For what it's worth, if I had been around to vote yesterday it would have been Morsul.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a bowl of granola.

I have a few hours before work so I'm going to run through Zil's posts and whoever else I have time for.

1) Mostly banter though he does have this to say in response to Rune's "smokescreen" comment
Quote:
A spambot might consider openly questioning the number of its kind, certainly. So might the innocent, though. At any rate, it's rather vexing to not know what we're facing. I guess I'll go on the assumption that there are three 'bots. Since there are only 11 players, and there's a Hacker to assist them, that would seem reasonable.
2) More banter, but he does go back to the bot count
Quote:
We don't know the number of the bots, but it's really not that important. Concentrate on getting one at a time and go from there.
3) Refers to a comment made by Morsul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Though we could take G55's "I'm a wolf" comment at face value like hahaha see a wolf wouldn't actually say that.
Zil says this is highly doubtful, but that G55 is up to something. Makes reference to her being a seer dream target.
4) More back and forth with G55's odd behavior.
5)
Quote:
This reaction is interesting. The last sentence is conceivably a Hacker giving the bots a nod across a crowded room. I'd think Boro would be more subtle than that, but such hinting is difficult to achieve and dangerous to attempt.
In response to Boro's own banter post. Given how much banter he was partaking in seems odd he'd jump on Boro's.
6) More back and forth with G55.
7) More on drawing the seer's attention and a comment about G55's "I'm a wolf" statement, stating it bears looking at.
8)
Quote:
Nothing concrete, just something to keep in mind.
Points again to Boro's comment, particularly the last sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
How do you even begin finding the bots?
Which taken out of context looks fishy.
9) Comments on Morsul's vote saying it looked innocent enough and if Morsul abstained it would have been more suspicious.
10) Response to a moddess clarification about the hacker and seer dreams.
11) Admits his suspicions are weak, but feels that Boro is shady and votes for him.
So a couple of possible theories about Zil's death
1) He was killed by bots he didn't mention so as to lead a path to those he did (G55 and Boro specifically) This leaves most of village liable.
2) G55 or Boro or both are bots and thought Zil was seer. Now having been subjected to both of them as baddies I don't know if they'd be so careless as to attack Zil like that given the trail leads to directly to them.
I'd say theory one is more believable. Zil mentioned very few people and those he did were mostly offhand remarks, banter, or flimsy suspcions based on little information.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #91
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Can't do too much have to et ready for work but I will say this. Zil is apparently a wraith both living and dead according to the list.

“Ooops...” the spectral voice whispered.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #92
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
Hey, right here dude. And that time thing was sincere. Thus why I'm late.
No, dear, I was simply cross that I didn't wait five more minutes to submit my post. Had I, you'd have been here already and I wouldn't have voted you. But, you know, that's sort of how my luck runs....

On to posts I haven't had sitting in open tabs since yesterday, it seems Rune wasn't the right choice either, but perhaps toDay we'll get it right.

I have some work I need to complete before this afternoon, but I hope to return after that and give Dun's posts a good look. I honestly suspect the bots went for someone who wouldn't raise flags, but perhaps Dun left clues of some sort.

I'm off for now, but will be back later. Leave me many wonderful things to read.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #93
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Also hope his arm is Ok.
Thankfully, Rune voiced the wish to break my legs instead, so I can still type.

That said, I don't know what to make of the fact that the deaths so far, even with the relatively low number of people in the village, are ordos. At least regarding the Night kill, at least it wasn't a Gifted. Which, however, probably was what the WWs wanted to happen.

I agree with what has been already said, that the WWs obviously have the main objective to kill someone who looks like Seer. How exactly Zil would have been seen as such is a question to explore, if we can gain something for it (personally, I would also side with Kitanna's theory #1 rather than theory #2, however these probably are not the only possibilities). Just as a remark, let us remember, however, that there are probably - especially in a village so small - some secondary concerns. A relatively small concern is probably not wishing to kill their own Hacker; a much bigger and more important one, given the small numbers in this community, is not to kill the Hunter and get killed in the process. Just something that we have to take into account when considering the Bots' motives - if they had, for example, several of possibilities, they likely picked those which seemed safer.

Quote:
Where G55 and Morsul were giving the biggest "I'm the hacker" vibes. G55 doing it intentionally and in Morsul's case more of just Morsul always being the most confusing.
Morsul is Morsul, and if anything, then I would find him more likely to be a Bot (actually, toDay he's been quite contributive and thoughtful in a pretty clear way, almost unusually so, so if he was supposed to be anything, I'd even be inclined to think him a Bot rather than Hacker). G55, however, I agree a bit yesterDay, and toDay too, has a kind of... "unruly manner" to her. On rereading (and I did it yesterDay and did it also with toDay's post of hers after reading everything, exactly to compare with yesterDay's experience), what she says makes sense and I can imagine her saying that genuinely, but the first impressions are just somewhat making me wary, feeling-wise, and I am not sure what to make of that. I am watching her, but rather undecided at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
It typically gets me into trouble, but really it's just silly if we think we know who the hacker is but decide "oh hey, we need to lynch bots not the hacker, so let's vote for someone else who looks shady, even if G55 is intentionally looking hackerish." I mean yeah, we have to lynch the bots, but at the same time, if someone's going out of their way looking like the hacker, they either are the hacker and it would be better off to lynch sooner rather than later. Or their a bot playing the hacker because they know the reaction is going to be "oh we have to kill bots, not the hacker." If the hacker wants to be the early lynch sacrifice that's far less damaging than just letting the hacker stay around indefinitely. When we know the bots aren't going to kill the role and when the lynches get more crucial making it easier for the bots and hacker to join forces and push the lynches to their favor.
I second this, or at least this time. If it comes to seeing somebody "evil", then I support the lynch just to be sure. In this small village, the danger of evil joining forces is really too great, and even then there's always the chance one lets slip a Bot dismissing it as "just Hacker". So yes, let's simply vote for whoever we think is evil. We can lose much more bickering about that.

Quote:
I am very aware that my style makes me an easy target, as such I'm wary when people protect me, as it gives the baddies an easy lynch at a more critical time.
This is about the first thing that actually worries me about Morsul, although it is also true (and a big warning exclamation mark should follow). However, it could also be a clever way to dodge future suspicion. The second thing that sort-of disturbed me when reading this post of his was his somewhat ambiguous handling of Shasta:

Quote:
Shasta: Put me in the lead. But could be an innocent hoping for the best or a bot looking for an easy target
But of course, that is just being "objective". It is only sort of unexpected from Morsul's traditional style of handling things, but then again, who's to say style cannot change.

I also realise I don't have very much opinion about Kitanna at the moment. But then again, her big post toDay was practically weighing stuff... Well, looking forward to see more from other people toDay, and will be around later.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #94
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Not too much recent behavior. Want to see more before going too much further but Shasta is in my sights but for something apparently only I caught or only I think is actually important...

I don't want to put a potential seer in trouble though, if I am right, so I might have more to say depending on how the day goes...
Old 01-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #95
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
\

But of course, that is just being "objective". It is only sort of unexpected from Morsul's traditional style of handling things, but then again, who's to say style cannot change.
So much for objective.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #96
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
go to this site its great for finding bots the best out there completely free I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective only 2.99 if you buy today
Quote:
Just watch me. Next time I'm a wolf I will reveal myself and maybe even my mates in the first post. Mark these words, you have it coming. What you won't know is if I'm actually a wolf or just messing with your head.

I was bored of making joke suspicion lists. This is much more interesting. And I'm definitely up to something. *licks cyberchops*

That aside, if you two are still around now I don't mind a cyber chat... Let me just go find something to say.
Am I the only one that things it would be a great idea to use random banter and acting to hide a seer dream? I'm going to be watching out for G55, but hopefully for good reasons. That said...

Quote:
Hey, last game I played in the cobbler inserted the phrase similar to "I'm a cobbler! Don't kill me!" into his post and just masked it in the context. With a cobbler, go figure what's a hint and what is simple conversation. On the bright side, the wolves have no advantage over the innocents in this, so everyone is on even ground when looking at a potential cobbler/hacker hint.
Maybe she is the cobbler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Bizarre behavior can certainly catch a Seer's attention, I would say.
And G55's reply:
Quote:
Can't disagree with that, but still planning to do it.
I think she's hiding something.

I'll be back later, I just thought I'd voice what has jumped out at me so far, my computer demands some attention.

Okay one more thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Just a short remarc from me before i sign off [...] remarc.
*REMARK!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 01-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #97
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Are You saying G55 might be the seer BG?. I thought she was the hacker just being too weird even for me So I was letting her slide because I'd rather get a bot. But I doubt she's the seer maybe the ranger trying to draw out hints on who to protect?

You on the other hand trying to draw attention to a seer that's straight up HAckerish.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #98
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Are You saying G55 might be the seer BG?. I thought she was the hacker just being too weird even for me So I was letting her slide because I'd rather get a bot. But I doubt she's the seer maybe the ranger trying to draw out hints on who to protect?

You on the other hand trying to draw attention to a seer that's straight up HAckerish.
What I'm trying to say is she is something. She could be a seer or a hacker or a gifted. Or she could just be screwing with us. But as long as she doesn't do something crazy I don't think I'll be voting for her tonight.

All I'm doing is voicing my thoughts - something that you've also done by voicing your opinion that Shasta may be a seer.

Quote:
Not too much recent behavior. Want to see more before going too much further but Shasta is in my sights but for something apparently only I caught or only I think is actually important...

I don't want to put a potential seer in trouble though, if I am right, so I might have more to say depending on how the day goes...
I at least gave reason for my suspicion. Do tell us what you've found, Morsul, you know, if you're allowed?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #99
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quite the opposite I think Shasta is a bot. Something I noticed but I'm picking up on a hint I'd rather keep hidden to protect a potential seer. I know it's hard to trust me when I'm not telling you everything.

Trust Me
Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #100
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Voting Boro would give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm not that much of an anarchist at present. The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much of anything. I'd really like to vote Sally, honestly - I can't remember ever seeing an innocent Sally go after the absent player (keep in mind it's late and I'm tired and haven't played in forever) but it's really a moot point in any case since is rather not split the vote any farther.

Very well. I'm uncomfortable voting for BG now that she's shown up (but I had better see some participation tomorrow!) and of Morsul and Rune, I've seen more from Moraul that was even remotely radar-pinging, so:++Morsul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'm not sure where your suspicion of Shasta is coming from.
Because Rune says "ooo Legate is suspicious (but not really suspicious) because I'm not throwing accusations around or anything, but rule clarification can be used as a smokescreen"
Then Shasta says "I think because of the narration there's probably two bots" which looked to me like an interpretation and not trying to lull anyone into any sense of security. Because if we manage to take down two bots and the game is still on, well we just play as we have always played until we find the third. Shasta's statement didn't seem nefarious or lully to me at all.
Firstly, I totally didn't know about the multi quote thing AWESOME.

Secondly, TO start from the end and work backward to answer Kitanna If there are two bots we have a smidge of leeway on wrong lynches so if we think there are two but there's three we could be a tad careless.

Shasta's vote put me in the lead I didn't put much into it but now I'm rereading the post he says BG is most suspicious and decides to vote me... Hmmm...
Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #101
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
For what it's worth, if I had been around to vote yesterday it would have been Morsul.
Question: why Morsul and not me? Because he had votes and I did not, so you wouldn't want to bring in a new candidate?

Quote:
I mean yeah, we have to lynch the bots, but at the same time, if someone's going out of their way looking like the hacker, they either are the hacker and it would be better off to lynch sooner rather than later. Or their a bot playing the hacker because they know the reaction is going to be "oh we have to kill bots, not the hacker." If the hacker wants to be the early lynch sacrifice that's far less damaging than just letting the hacker stay around indefinitely. When we know the bots aren't going to kill the role and when the lynches get more crucial making it easier for the bots and hacker to join forces and push the lynches to their favor.
Yes, while I agree in general, I'm not so certain when I look at the stats -

9 living players total.

3 gifteds, 1 cobbler.

5 ordos + wolves.

Assuming worst case scenario: 3 wolves, no wolf lynches, no Ranger saves
D2 - 8 total; 3 wolves, 5 innocents
N3 - 7 players total; 3 wolves, 4 innocents
D3 - 6 players; 3 wolves, 3 innocents. Wolves win.

We only have 2 Days to change the scales. Yes, you can say that maybe there'll be a save, and we'll get a wolf, and maybe there are less wolves, but the thing is, if there isn't there won't be any miracle either. As I've said back in the beginning of D1, I'll join in on the hoping, but don't rely on it.

So where was I going with this? Ah. The cobbler. In general, I agree 100% that a cobbler must go too. But the cobbler also counts as an innocent in the tally. We don't have much room for wiggling, so if I see someone with wolvish behaviour I'd go for that one instead of a cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
[CENTER]“Ooops...” the spectral voice whispered.
O spectral voice! Ere you are gone into the realm of mysteries.... erm, Rune too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
No, dear, I was simply cross that I didn't wait five more minutes to submit my post. Had I, you'd have been here already and I wouldn't have voted you. But, you know, that's sort of how my luck runs....
Speaking of that, yes - can you please explain your vote yesterDay?

Quote:
Am I the only one that things it would be a great idea to use random banter and acting to hide a seer dream? I'm going to be watching out for G55, but hopefully for good reasons. That said...
Alright. I am the Seer.

Is that true, considering that just yesterDay I revealed as a wolf the exact same way? Are you going to believe me?

The answer, by the way, is supposed to be: NO, even regardless of what I said yesterDay. Incidentally, I am also the Ranger, Cobbler, and Ordo. All at once. Maybe a bit of Hunter as well. Don't be surprised.

For the second time, BG, don't talk aloud of your gifted suspicions. Even if they prove incorrect, they still nudge the wolves towards finding one or more of them. Go one exploring potential hints, but keep your thoughts silent.

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is she is something. She could be a seer or a hacker or a gifted. Or she could just be screwing with us.
The last one is more likely. And for goodness sakes, STOP WITH THE GIFTEDS!

Quote:
If there are two bots we have a smidge of leeway on wrong lynches so if we think there are two but there's three we could be a tad careless.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #102
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think the nasty weather has finally knocked out my internet. I had hoped to do some analyses of yesterday, but doesn't seem probable since I have to post from my phone. Be prepared for a whole lot of short posts over the next hour.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #103
Kitanna
Child of the West

This is response to Morsul's response that was in response to your post that G55 is "something"
Quote:
What I'm trying to say is she is something. She could be a seer or a hacker or a gifted. Or she could just be screwing with us. But as long as she doesn't do something crazy I don't think I'll be voting for her tonight.

All I'm doing is voicing my thoughts - something that you've also done by voicing your opinion that Shasta may be a seer.
Why would you throw out your seer prediction? Where is the benefit unless you are a hacker signaling bots or your a bot signaling cohorts on your thoughts just in case you don't make it to the night. I'm inclined to believe hacker because only a bot headed for the gallows (recycle bin? Hard drive wipe?) would make so blantant a seer comment on some who is still ALIVE!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #104
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

My suspicion list doesn't seem to need too much updating, but just for the record -
Galadriel55 - still the lovely me
Sally - really don't like her vote yesterDay. Waiting for an explanation.
Legate - no bad vibes, but feeling a bit... agreeable. It was there yesterDay as well, now that I think about it. Not necessarily evil, but worth investigating.
Kitanna - no change at all from yesterDay, but I can sympathise with the bad weather - we got our electricity knocked out for several days last week, and heavy frosts this week - so I will probably give her a pass for toDay. I think she deserves a chance to read and post properly, so unless something will really ping my radar she's not on the vote list.
Boromir88 - I. Don't. Know. I don't like the way he talks about Cobbler lynches; it makes me think he's subtly redirecting attention from a potential wolf to a potential cobbler. Coupled with Inzil's vote, he doesn't look fantastic. But I want to hear more from him before passing judgement.
Blind Guardian - just stop talking about gifteds, will you? Maybe evil, maybe not, but seriously, if you don't stop mentioning your gifted hints I'm either going to think you're a wolf and thus don't care, or a cobbler eager to help.
Loslote - in school.
Morsul the Dark - still don't see him as suspicious.
Shasta - a mna mnum. Mushy. I don't know. Hasn't shown up yet, right? Day2 Opinion delayed.

EDIT: xed with Kit
Old 01-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #105
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Why would you throw out your seer prediction? Where is the benefit unless you are a hacker signaling bots or your a bot signaling cohorts on your thoughts just in case you don't make it to the night. I'm inclined to believe hacker because only a bot headed for the gallows (recycle bin? Hard drive wipe?) would make so blantant a seer comment on some who is still ALIVE!
Thank goodness, I'm not the only one who's angry about it.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #106
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I want to vote BG so much right now on principle but at worst I'm thinking hacker and as G55 pointed out that might not help our case too much.

Kitanna and G55 both seem better for their calling him out on it. Though G55 still on my radar.

X'ed G55 twice
Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #107
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I'm out for the day, but I hope to wake up early tomorrow again. Ciao!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #108
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
I want to vote BG so much right now on principle but at worst I'm thinking hacker and as G55 pointed out that might not help our case too much.
The knee-jerk part of me says "vote for BG, obviously up to no good!" The logical part says"Bot BG has nothing to gain, hacker at best."
Which brings me to Boro and G55 and the advantage/disadvantage of lynching a hacker. G55 is right that the hacker counts as an ordo and we lose an "innocent" by lynching him/her. But at the same time the longer one is alive the more dangerous he/she becomes. A seer sees only an ordo and at end game the hacker can tip the scales to a bot victory. Ideally the bots just kill the hacker in the night.
While I don't disagree with Boro about potential merits of lynching a hacker I still don't think it's advisable. Especially in a small village. Every body counts in stopping a bot victory.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #109
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #110
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'd rather we have wolves. Spambots are nasty business. Years I've spent honing my wolf lynching skills, only to now have spammers. How do you even begin finding the bots?
Quote:
For what it's worth, if I had been around to vote yesterday it would have been Morsul. Eventhough if Rune's posting didn't help his case, his first post was titled "Robocop" which I read as an intentional gifted hint. (Robocop being a very bad - but kind of adorably campy 80s movie about a cop who is killed but then gets robotically engineered to continue fighting crime. That would have made me wary enough to not vote Rune on day 1.)

All this going to say G55 and Morsul are topping my suspicions based off of yesterday's activity. Spammer or hacker, evil behavior is bad and we would all be better off to rid the virtual town of it,
Boro's two posts... I want to hear a lot more from him. I think he keeps trying to steer us away from bots onto the hacker. If we assume BG is the Hacker(My current thought) that makes Boro a bot... if Shasta is a bot there's our circle of Evil

x'ed since my last.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Downside: I had to do a friend a favor tonight and it ate quite a bit of my evening.

Upside: There's not much to catch up on.

Conclusion: We'll see what I get done. I have an early appointment that sort of snuck up on me (literally only made it this afternoon), so I'll actually have to sleep rather soon, but I'll get to what I can tonight.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #112
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
This reasoning makes me think Sally is up to no good. Lottie voted BG too because at time BG was the only one who hadn't voted, which is flimsy, but Sally's "I wouldn't have voted for you if you posted before my vote" is eyebrow raising. Who would you have voted for if BG posted before your vote? This was a vote that put BG in the lead. This seems like a bold move, but I wouldn't put it past a Sally-bot.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #113
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I want to be back before DL but can't guarantee it, I tried to stay up to give more people a chance to post but not much movement...

++Shasta

Like I said I'm working with a hint I'm about 75-85% sure about. Hope I'm right. I can't really say much more for fear of pinging anyone for the bots.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #114
Kitanna
Child of the West

Final thoughts, vote, then bed:
G55: I thought she might be the hacker based on yesterday's posts. Today I'm not sure. I'm leaning toward innocent, with no hacker traits

Morsul: been speaking mostly sense. I had a vad feeling about him yesterday and today even though I've read his posts and Shasta's I'm still not sure what exactly he thinks is so suspicious about Shasta. I'm wary of Morsul, but not enough to vote that way a second day ina row.

Shasta: The only odd thing is his vote. Says BG is suspicious, but votes Morsul, otherwise there's not much there. Closer attention to be paid though.

Boro, Lottie, Legate: No idea. With the exception of Boro's post about the hacker lynching none have said anything that stood out.

BG: I'm annoyed at your the gifted comments. I don't think BG is a bot though, the gifted hints are just too reckless for a bot.

Sally: Her vote just doesn't sit right with me. The placement pushed BG ahead and her reasoning/explanation raised a red flag.

++Sally

I'm done. Typing these posts via phone is too much effort.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #115
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Shasta's vote put me in the lead I didn't put much into it but now I'm rereading the post he says BG is most suspicious and decides to vote me... Hmmm...

Okay, I've had to delete what I want to say about five times now, because it's coming out really catty. Morsul, look past the fact that I voted you and actually READ WHAT I SAID.

Edit: X'ed with Kitanna. Please, point out to me where I said "BG is suspicious", because I never said that and having words put in my mouth by two different people is really, really annoying.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #116
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

For those of us playing the "reading comprehension" game, this is the sum total of what I said about BG yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much of anything.
How could I be suspicious of BG? She wasn't even here to be suspicious of!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #117
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much
For my part I read this as "...they all look innocent, except BG, because she..." which I read as you finding suspicion in her absence. Like Sally (I believe though I could be remembering wrong) who said it was odd BG made a point to ask for a game start reminder in the admin thread, but was mysteriously absent.

Edit: fixing a typo, now bedtime for real

Last edited by Kitanna; 01-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #118
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Morsul
++BG

Just on principle, mind. I've given myself a headache from facepalming over you two, and I'm waiting for it to die down before I try and get an actual opinion on either of you. Just...stop with the gifteds, stop trying to be mysterious, stop pulling rabbits out of hats and calling them theories.

Quote:
For those of us playing the "reading comprehension" game
You are my favorite person.

On another note, I've had a really long first day back in classes, and I need to go to sleep soon, so I'm afraid toDay is not going to see an awful lot of me.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #119
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
For those of us playing the "reading comprehension" game, this is the sum total of what I said about BG yesterday.
There, there, darling. I see exactly what you said, and I agree with you. It's not saying, "BG is suspicious because she's in a different category as everyone else," so much as saying, "No one is suspicious, except BG, but that's because she's not even here." Except actually saying that, rather than kind of saying that.

That paragraph got away from me.

*nuzzles Shasta*

Morsul, on the other hand, does have some explaining to do, for this post, in which he implies he's picked up on a seer hint that incriminates Shasta but doesn't want to point it out. You realize of course that the bots can now find the seer more easily, even without your hint about the hint you found?

It bothers me that Morsul didn't try to build a case (even a flimsy one) against Shasta beforehand, but instead put it right out there that he found a seer hint implicating the lad. It almost would bother me more if he turns out innocent than it would if it turns out he's guilty, because I can't think of why any innocent would think to betray a gifted like that.

Also, Kitanna suspects BG and then votes me for my "suspicious" vote of BG. Iiiiiiiiiinteresting indeed. I don't like the deflection there, especially since BG has in fact been acting off.

On that note, I'll certainly offer a brief explanation. I was operating under a similar thought process that Lottie and, to some extent, Shasta were. When you don't see a suspicious character among you, you suspect the one you don't see. Well, not suspect, really, given that she wasn't there to be suspected, as Shasta said, but this sums up my vote nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'd prefer to just cut our losses and take out the possible blind threat (pun absolutely intended).
Then of course BG showed up and the reason I voted for her was a moot point, as she was there and contributing (sort of) to the thread. Therefore, regret.

Another point of interest entirely is the following vote post from Legate, which doesn't sit right with me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Okay, okay. I feel really bad because a) I haven't played with Rune for a long time, b) I really don't think he is that suspicious that he would deserve a vote (but nobody is), c) Rune is still here at Finlandmoot for one day, so I just hope I get off with it without having arms broken as repayment... Then again, hopefully this game will be short so we can interact soon in some other game, and even more hopefully he is just a Bot.

++Rune

Let's hope for the best.
The jocular tone of this is just fine. However, the fact that he goes out of his way to point out that Rune is suspicious *and* that "hopefully he is just a Bot" doesn't seem like the way the real Legate would explain such a vote. It's mostly gut instinct, but it's such a strong instinct that I can't ignore it. His question about the rules, and then the fact that he happened to vote Rune after Rune called him on said question about the rules, also makes bells tingle.

Oh, wait. That's my alarm clock going off, or rather the thought of my alarm clock going off in a few short hours. Time to summarize then.

My top suspects are Legate, Morsul, and Kit, more or less in that order. I also think BG is acting far too wacky to be an ordo, though everyone's clanging so loudly about her that I'm not sure if those are my own bells I'm hearing go off or if I'm merely hearing echoes.

I've a few brief things to do before bed, but I'll be voting soon.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #120
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay. So. I generally seem to agree with Kit. I haven't really seen enough of either Sally or Shasta to make any judgements there...though Sally's vote yesterDay did seem much more suspicious, since I meant my BG vote to be mostly a throw-away. I can see why she did it, but that doesn't necessarily clear her name. G55 has been an absolutely delight toDay, and I don't know how to reconcile that with her Hacker-like performance yesterDay - a new strategy? An off Day? I'll withhold judgement on her, too.

As for the Gifted Duo, I think BG is barking up the wrong tree and could get us all killed with her gifted talk - but I don't think she means to be doing it. I'm inclined to let her go for now. As for Morsul, I think he's enjoying this far too much to be confused about what he's doing. He's being purposefully vague and mysterious while throwing out gifted hints left and right. If one of the two were bot-ic, I'd guess it'd be him.

As for the quieter of the group, I've found Boro and Legate pretty inoffensive thus far. They haven't posted a huge amount, but what they have posted has been about what I'd expect from them.

At this point, we have two votes, one for Sally and one for Shasta. I'm not really interested in lynching either at this point. I'm gonna throw in a new name here...

++Morsul

Have fun with that. I'm going to sleep.

EDIT: xed with Sally